Danberu nan kiro moteru?

Another two weeks have passed, another Chapter of How Much Do You Lift/What Weight Is Popular is upon us!

Cute girls lifting cute weights! GETTIN' HUGE!!

Raws here:
urasunday.com/dumbbell/index.html

Previous Translations here:
bato.to/comic/_/comics/danberu-nan-kiro-moteru-r19600

Let's get started, right?

Time to get our MUSCLE on!

Our cosplay Christmas cake returns

I'm reading as I upload, I have no idea what muscle will be worked! Let's find out together!! Well, I DO know at least one muscle group I'll be working...my heart~

Also, starting strong

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE GOT DISCOVERED AT THE CONVENTION~~~~~~~~~~

I always assumed that most manga was half truth half bullshit but so far this is really on point with it's info

It was Lifts of the North Star, Kenshiro Machio!

Good to see Sensei is still around.

I wasn't expecting this.

There is a TINY portion of broscience, like the "anabalic window" but this is a 99% accurate lifting gag manga. Take its advice to heart!

These dudes are going WILD over Bikini Machio

Today's lift is the Overhead Press (OHP) also known as the "military press."

fugggggg

Cake a best.

End of the chapter!

As a general reminder of the other considerate user who can find the mobile EXTRA page of the chapter, please if you will. I am a bad man.

Also, we wait for translator user and his speedy, accurate translations and our typesetter friend to come by and see the thread!

Also, this is getting more popular! Last week it broke top 5 on the list! Good stuff!!

Also also, how I about I dump the last chapter since the thread died before it could be viewed?

Yeah, let's do that~

Last Chapter, typeset and ready-to-view! As always, thank you to our translator who does a superb job week after week and our typesetter from Rakuen who does an insanely professional job with the art. I'm proud and wonderfully pleased you both are so talented and charitable! Honestly! I'm impressed!!

Thanks for last chapter's work! I can only hope for the same quality this week!

Man, this reminds me. I wonder what the omake for this chapter is. Hope the user with the app comes by soon.

ONE's Mob Psycho? This is from the same place? Neat. What else is on that site??

There's one about reptiles.

So, what happens if I don't train the antagonistic counterpart?

Superb, thank you so much mangione!

About 40 other webcomic/mangas. MOB PSYCHO is the most popular but what's known around here is probably only that, Helck and now this.

The artist for Danberu is also the artist for another webcomic on that site about extreme fighting. I forgot the name, though.

That chick is wicked hot. I am a BIG fan of cuties in tight jeans and that's all she wears. Plus, the art of the reptiles is really good.

HIP DRAAAVE

IN PIYNGE MENT

Nothing really, aside from limiting your overall strength levels and allowing your muscles to develop in a manner that could make them look disproportionate.

I want to fug this cake.

It's a little impossible not to. The other muscle group, despite not being consciously contracted for strength gains still extends and contract at the same time as its pair. If it's not "worked out" then it doesn't grow as fast or strong but you can't really damage yourself. At worst, you'll end up looking a little goofy but it's hardly noticeable unless you roid. Like this user said I think this is the first time Hibiki was used as a model, actually. It's always been Akemi, Machio and even tomboyfriend.

Maybe GETTIN' HUGE is the new cosplay?

I love seeing how happy machojou is, looking at trainer macho's sculpted physique. Ara ara indeed.

Nice half-repping.

the diet chapter was full of shit though.

i only eat 1 time a day and always train on an empty stomach.

its called IF

Haha oh wow.

Lmao1Jap

Intermittent Fasting is not the same as binge eating which is what bulking gyaru was doing. She was eating two meals a day and over-consuming each time. She was doing what is very common among (especially women) those who are trying to diet by eating fewer meals: failing and ending up binge eating. The message was "eat as often as you want, just don't eat as much" and "try not frying everything, maybe bake and steam your food."

There's some merit to the broscience of how the body enter "modes" of eating cycles, especially when diets change, but it's mostly in the chapter to help convince readers to stop doing it so much. Just eat good food in the correct portions regularly.

I'm more surprised where he was hiding that oly bar and pl8s...

IDIOT, YOU ONLY SUPPOSED TO RIP THE TOP!

>Mango about cute girls lifting
>It's not drawn by XXIII
For what purpose

Omae Wa Mou Ripped

SQUAAAAAAAAAATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA!!!!

It's educational and we get them regularly?

Because whenever XXIII tries to draw a muscular man he ends up drawing his muscle goddess instead by mistake. Its a curse he lives with everyday.

And yet the only one with any muscle is Beefmountain McHuge

The only way women and men get as big as beef mchuge is if they're on steroids of some sort.

>ywn be swole enough to cosplay Kenshiro
>that form and penis looking forearm
Never gonna make it

Takes time, brosephus. Besides! That might just mean a Squat Thunderthrust girl trainer might appear in the future!

They lift more than I do.

at least I'm killing myself saturday

THE SAVIOR OF DEADLIFT'S END

>you will never sex Hibiki into shape
kill me scoob

>"anabalic window"

what does that mean? I have an image of someone throwing their steroids away

YOU ARE ALREADY DEADLIFTING

It's a general myth about eating just after a workout for better nutritional gains as you shift from Catabolic and Anabolic states.

Thanks for the dump, OP.

Also good to see this is getting more attention. I guess fit girls are becoming more popular lately.

So I'll start this early. Just balance work and stuff.

The day of Midsummer Comiket.

".....this is great.... I somehow managed to make it in time for the summer event"
Tachibana Satomi (29) Occupation: High School teacher

Tachibana Satomi is also a popular cosplayer under the alias 'Yuria Riko'.
"It was such a small time frame before the summer event, but I shaped my body to a tolerable level. It's still ways to go from the ideal though..."

My handsome trainer Machio-san guided me, and by the fifth week of going there after work it wasn't so painful.

...being in the same gym as my students,
"Sensei"
Is a little suffocating though

....ahh whatever. They didn't find out about my hobby, and students finding out about it is a bit tough...

"Whoa! That cosplayer over there's so popular"
"Uwaah... that's a bold costume"

"Why're you heeeeeeree!!!??"

"? Huh, do I know that voice?"

N...... no way... were you looking for me...?
Sakura Hibiki
"Where are you"
Souryuuin Akemi
Did they find out!?

Ah!
Found youuuu!!!
Eeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!

"We were looking for you Machio-san"
"Hey! You two came"

"But why are you cosplaying all of a sudden?"
"You see, my friend invited me to try it out"

M... Machio-san too.......
Machio Naruzou
"But he has a cold so I'm sad..."
"Oh dear"

"Machio-san, could that costume be?"
"You're familiar?"
"It's a costume from the manga about the muscles at the beginning of the world 'Muscles of maximum power'" [TN: 極度の筋 (kyokudo no kin). If anyone knows a better one closer to Hokuto no ken, go ahead and change it]
"What's that manga about!!?"

You're a saint

I'm pretty sure he drew it like that so it'd squish her boobs together. The artist really goes out of their way to make the explanation and form pages as lewd as possible.
Also I don't even think I can bend my wrists that way and hold a bar that close.

this is one of the most interesting mangas i've read in years.
thanks for sharing dude.

is it monthly?
is there more lewd omake?

I think you missed an inner-monologue on page 3, panel 3 big fan, love you

why is it a myth?
doesn't the body crave for protein to supply the muscle's growth especially after a workout?

Author knows what the audience wants, he's a good guy.

Biweekly (once every two weeks). So, every other Thursday, another chapter is uploaded to urasunday. They're relatively short, only about 11-12 pages long.

Each chapter has one omake page. If there's desire, I can dump EVERYTHING or maybe just the omake pages. They aren't the lewdest parts, though. That's usually the diagram examples of the actual lifts themselves.

"Ahhh, I know that manga! Aniki has all the volumes"
"It's a popular manga serialized in the Training Bible 'Monthly Muscle Man'. It's quite popular among the general populace."
"I've never heard of it before..."
"Oh? It's Kyokudo no Kin!"
"The muscle king is so cool!"
"Sorry, could we take your picture?"
"Huh!? It's more popular than I thought!!?"

"Could you make a pose?"
"Of course!"

"So here I go"

"How much do your muscles weeeighh!!" [TN: Pun on 'What is the color of your blood' (てめえらの血は何色だ). Suggestions are welcome]
"He tacked on an unclear quote!!!???"

"There they aaareee! Those famous lines!!"
"The pose may have been from the early part, but that's so cool!!!"
"Perfectly in line!!!"
"And it's really popular among the regulars!!!"

"Waaghh! How nostalgic"
"Machio-san really does look like him"
"Why do you guys know this!? Am I the only one who doesn't!!?"

"Uhh.... could I ask for that scene?" [TN: Emphasize 'that scene']
"Ahh! The big one? [TN: Emphasize 'big one']

"Okay, I'll use a long one."
"So the long one is the barbell!!!!! So this has nothing to do with cosplay anymore!!??"

"......okay, I am not worthy"
"But I let me perform one of the most famous scenes"

I have no strength anymore
On my deltoids [TN: I think this is from Shu's pyramid scene. Manly tears abound]
"That not only doesn't make sense, it also sounds lame!!!!"

"There it iiiissssss!! The Muscle King's foremost famous scene 'The final front press'!!!!!"
"And they're so fired up!!!!!"
Who's the muscle king!? Who!?

Wh why are those girls here!!!??

The body will metabolize certain nutrients (priority, basically) depending on your state of energy usage (anabolic, catabolic) but the myth is generally that it only applies to EATING food within 30 minutes AFTER working out.

You just need to have the protein, calories, nutrients on hand for the body to use when it needs/wants it. NOT having the calories on-hand forces the body to take it from your energy reserves (fat) but if you don't have the protein and other nutrients for building muscle, it may steal that from less-used sources.

But no, basically not. It's a total-sum game when bodybuilding. Eat enough (or more) than you need for basal metabolism + exercise by the end of the day and you're good. Gettin' REALLY specific isn't necessarily wrong, but it is extreme and unnecessary.

interesting.
i am currently on a ketogenic diet and
people don't get that you get shredded by eating bacon and other extremely fatty foods while almost completely cutting carbs.
been on 4 weeks now and lost around 3-4 kg of bodyfat, while still maintaining my overall musclestrength.

holy shit is that sensei? What a dirty slut

>cakes
>ever not being dirty sluts

>that one diagram where you can literally see her clitoris through her clothes
Jesus christ.

do you know if there will be any uncensored nudity in the tankobons?
because from what it looks, nipples are not going to be shown.
this makes me sad.

>"It's a costume from the manga about the muscles at the beginning of the world 'Muscles of maximum power'" [TN: 極度の筋 (kyokudo no kin). If anyone knows a better one closer to Hokuto no ken, go ahead and change it]
So, the original is
Hokuto no Ken or "Fist of the North Star"
this satire is
Kyokudo no Kin or "Muscle of the Maximum/Extreme"

So, the most accurate translation would be as you have it "Muscles of the Maximum"...but I really, really like the other user's "Lifts of the North Star" for the comedy value and english wordplay.
Lifts of the North Star gets my vote for the english pun. Anyone else?

"So now you get to learn how to do a front press!"
"What's with the sudden transition!!?"

"God, he actually began explaining!!?"
Use your burly shoulders! Front press (Barbell shoulder press)

Basic posture
Grip it at the overgrip (From above)--->
Place the bar a little bit above your clavicle -->
Stick your chest up -->
Elbows are in front of the bar [TN: Fucking arrows]
Model: Sakura Hibiki
"Sakura-san, you're playing the model as well!!!!"

Raise the barbell up
- Try not to lock your elbows out

Bring the bar back down and return to your starting posture.
This is a front press [TN: Emphasize 'front press']

Warning 1) If you bend your upper body, you'll cause pain in your back.
Be aware of your abs and back muscles and keep your upper body straight.

Warning 2) If the hand width is small, the stimulation will disperse to your biceps brachii and trapezius muscles.
Please be aware that you're bringing the stimulation to your shoulder muscles.

The muscles that you train with the front press
Are the (front) deltoids, and the (middle) deltoids.

"When your shoulder lenth expands, you can make your waist look relatively thin"
"It's an exercise I recommend to girls as well"
"He began a muscle training lecture..."

"...I'm tired..."
Tired from commenting -->

Thanks to Machio-san standing out so much, they didn't find me out...

But I really let my guard down....... to think I'd meet my students here
...well, I'm safe since they didn't find out.

"Huh? Tachibana-sensei?"
"Hey! What a coincidence"

ketogenic diets are fine, but you're not "cutting" because you are cutting carbs or eating only meat and fats and stuff. It's STRICTLY because your calorie intake is lower.

The misconception has nothing to to do with carbohydrates. It's just that, in modern society, carbohydrates are EVERYWHERE and EASY to get and CHEAP and are extremely high in calories.

A ketogenic diet is fine (what your cholesterol, buddy) but the problem folks run into is always "WHAT am I eating wrong" and not "am I eating too much." That's all. In this manga, on that chapter, Hibiki was eating something like 6000 calories a meal and was starving herself between meals, daily, which made her lethargic and made her body think it needs to store everything instead of spend it. Which is why Akemi made the Sumo comparison; they workout like CRAZY trying to starve themselves in the process and then eat thousands and thousands of calories all at once, as fast as they can, and then nap for hours. Then do it again. Repeat everyday. This trains the body to become strong and build muscle, yes, but it also convinces your metabolic rates to create an equal amount of fat instead of creating more waste. Sumos want all the weight in any form they can get it, fat included.

>Muscles of Maximum Power
>Lifts of the North Star
Lifts of the North Star is funny as fuck even if it's inaccurate. That gets my vote.

"You came too sensei"
I.....it's over......

"Huh? What's with your bag?"

"Hahahh, I see..."

"You came to buy some doujins, right? So you like them too, sensei"
I'm talking about BL
"......haha..... don't tell anyone at school........"
While bringing about a new misunderstanding, Satomi felt relieved that her hobby didn't get found out.

A few days later
[Title] Results of serious body builder cosplaying lololol
[Note: They all say 'Anonymous' by numbers]
[2] Pfft!? He's a real muscle king!
[3] Wha?
Machio got a little famous from being posted on every single site.
"So what is the muscle king..........?"

Curious

Bookstore
"So what kind of manga is this 'Kyokudo no kin'....? I'll try buying the magazine it's serialized in"

"Ah, this one"
"Wait, this cover makes it really hard to buyyy!!!"

"Uuugh... I bought it... they think I have a muscle fetish......"
Rush
"But now I can read he manga"

(Notice) 'Kyokudo no kin' is on break because of an author interview
"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk!!!!!"

[Left side]
"There's no hit on image search!?"
"What the hell is this manga!!?"

I'm done. Have to do some other shit for a while.

There is no word on tankobons yet (this is an online gag manga) but I doubt heavily this author will include explicit official works. Lewd is as far as it goes (and it goes REALLY lewd, though).

>It's a costume from the manga about the muscles at the beginning of the world
Is the japanese "beginning"? Fist of the North Star was an apocalyptic setting (end of the world) so I dunno if it's intentional to be "beginning of the world" or "end of the world." It does say Bible later on so it wouldn't be a bad thing or something if it were either or.

Thanks user.

You're a godsend. I'll do some QC and read the thread for suggestions on interpretations.

Good work, friendo, I appreciate all your hard work and good luck on your other ventures!

It's the opposite of the end of the world. On purpose.

Volume 1 comes out on December 19th and it says it has 148 pages. Would that include everything up until now?

Thanks user.

>"How much do your muscles weeeighh!!" [TN: Pun on 'What is the color of your blood' (てめえらの血は何色だ). Suggestions are welcome]
The FotNS quote when translated was "What kind of blood runs through your veins"

Your translation is perfectly bizarre and punny. Plus, it's practically a pun on this manga's title anyway. Unless someone can come up with a pun based on the more famous "You are already dead" for english audiences, I say stick with what you have.

This manga is so good

Thank you translator-user.