I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I'm very conflicted and I wanted to get other Sup Forumsacks' opinions

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I'm very conflicted and I wanted to get other Sup Forumsacks' opinions.

I'm an atheist. I simply cannot bring myself to believe in god. It's just something I can't accept.

However, I was raised Catholic and have many traditionalist viewpoints and opinions on how one should live their life and a great respect for the progress Christianity has brought to western civilization.

My dilemma is this: I really want a traditional, sweet christian girl, but I feel like we won't mesh because of my atheism and I don't want to lie to anyone.

It seems to me the superior woman is the traditional one, and I've already wasted too much time on non-traditional women.
I haven't seen many traditional women being okay with atheism. Do "Atheist Christian" women exist at all? Does "Atheist Christianity" exist at all?

What do I do?
And no, accepting Jesus into my heart isn't an answer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u7YTE7WFB6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=XTtDhvk_aw4&t=92s
youtube.com/watch?v=jLsysXkSlbw&index=25&list=LLhO6j1Mu4tHDJTieiFrwbCQ
strangenotions.com/gods-philosophers/
youtu.be/tBITwJ-g7x0
youtube.com/watch?v=oTeWotpM5tI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Christianity has brought to western civilization.

What LSD are you on?
That shit seems strong I want some too!

Do you believe in energy? Study physics, focus on electrical phenomenon. Find El.

Just shut the fuck up. That graph has no validity whats so ever.

The bible warns believers not to be yoked together with unbelievers.

It's not only for the protection of the believer, but also for the believer's children. Your beliefs will suddenly become very important when and if you have children.

You should not seek out a christian woman as your wife.

You should seek out your Creator, and when you find him, ask him to lead you and your future wife to the same place and time.

>You should seek out your Creator
I tried. Didn't find him.

El is a demon; have fun spending eternity with him in a lake of fire.

Then you did not try with all of your heart.

The reason I know that is because I know God, and God promised that if anyone seeks him with all of their heart, they will find him.

You have already excluded the answer from your set of possibilities. I suggest you empty your prejudices and start over.

Seek, and you will find.
Ask, and you will receive.
Knock, and the door will be opened to you.

>And no, accepting Jesus into my heart isn't an answer.
Don't fucking bother looking then.

this

hey user, what is the problem you have with God, obviously you didn't make yourself and none of this is random (unless you are a complete tard and don't understand how complex your DNA is).

Keep in mind people have a lot of stupid ways of describing God. Maybe all you heard about is some the way some redneck talks about him but that doesn't mean God isn't real... don't let other people's perception of reality keep you from believing in something only an idiot would disbelieve in

This is my problem. I've tried. Hard.
I've done everything I could do to truly find God and I find nothing every time. It just makes no sense to me, the almighty, all loving, all knowing creator.

But the retort is always "well you didn't try hard enough ;)"

I suppose I'm stuck with immoral sluts then.

This is what schizophrenia looks like, kids

Faith requires strength. It means that you have never fully been broken. Pray for strength with all your heart and it will come.

You don't have to believe in the magic sky man to be spiritual. Spirituality is simply your emotional state of being. The 10 commandments are warnings about certain actions that result in a negative state of being.
Pretending to believe in God so your wife is happier isn't that big of a deal, lots of men do this.

What are you trying to do? What are you trying for? How hard is it to see we are designed? You don't have to try or do anything. Just acknowledge what you can fucking see with your eyes or touch with your damn hands.

There is nothing to try or nothing to do son... just fucking believe. You don't have to say hail marys or bathe in the Ganges... just fucking believe.

Anytime you find yourself "doing" something to get some kinda salvation that is religion and it ain't going to save you.

Just believe that God made you... then start intrepreting the world through that... damn son, you'll figure it out. Ain't no try to it.

There is only one reason to be passionate about a lack of faith - and that is fear. Fear that you are wrong. An innate need for others to share your opinion, so that you can be less afraid.

> Atheist
> In CY +2
Why? Modernism and post-modernism are dead, traditionalism is back in. Not that it really ever left. Edward Feser and David Oderberg are the guys to read
> inb4 (((berg)))
He's not Jewish and he defends traditional Catholic teachings

Meditate.
The answers you seek come not when the mind is busy but when the mind is still.

If you and your good Christian girl both respect each others beliefs and don't diss each other for differing viewpoints then the relationship will work.

The second wall I always bash my head against is "spirituality"
I'm not a spiritual person and don't find myself becoming one.

I can't believe in something I don't believe in. It's that simple.
Perhaps I'm just fuckin' autistic.

Yes I don't post-modernism I'm a staunch traditionalist and always have been. Minus the God part.

When I meditate I just fall asleep.

Projection. That is what religion offers. People who are afraid of death and refuse to accept it find comfort in the idea of after life. Fear based decisions to avoid hell fire leads to a negative existence for many.

OP I will say this: belief and faith are a battle. That is why we Catholics have the sacraments, they are the best tools we have to strengthen our relationship with God. Protties think you can just have a "one and done deal". Faith can take a lifetime to work on. I would recommend to simply start acting like a Christian, and you never know...you might find yourself being one once the Holy Spirit starts working in you.

listen i dont understand how no one know that only trepe rewang is the one and only god

Think of spiritual as your emotion. Anger is negative, Joy is positive. The chemical reactions to our actions and environment create our emotions.

That is the dumbest, most objectively screwy graph I have seen in a week. Good job homosexual.

You pray op, and listen and wait for His answer. Yes a good traditional Christian woman would marry an atheist. Sadly a good woman (like a good man) is getting harder to find. Do not give up hope.

If you continue in your atheism, it would be a disaster for you to marry a sincere Christian woman. Imagine raising your children. If she's Christian then she will, of course, want her children to believe in God, and would be devastated if they don't. As an Atheist, you will, of course, want your children to see the truth as you see it that there is no God. I've seen this tension in action and it's horrible.

Easy remedy for your situation: repent and believe in Jesus Christ. I'm glad that you see the good that a Christian worldview has bought to the world. There's a reason why this worldview has worked the best. It has the correct axioms. The axioms that align with the Creator of the universe. You sound like a sincere user, I wish you all the best. (including repentance)

God is real. Your confliction is with the tale of YWVH/Allah, who not god, just a very powerful, evil spirit that has dominated this world for too long.
Real God is matter and anti-matter.
Alpha and Omega bitches.

Correct. You did not try with all your heart.

Because you don't want to believe there is a God, because you don't want to have an authority over you, because you like being your own god.

>All Christians are mentally ill.

Choosing to spend eternity in a lake of fire makes a person mentally ill.

Thinly veiled anti Christian thread. Pasta to boot.

Ponder the observer effect and religion.

>because you like being your own god.
Nah that's pretty terrifying.

Your easy remedy is telling me to go against every fiber of my being and live a lie.

Nope. I work with a lot of Christians and as I said, admire them because they're really nice people 90% of the time.

I will look into this.

I guess my next question is this.
Are there more people like me? I run in some traditionalist circles with people my age and they're always shocked I don't believe in God.

Is it so shocking to see someone with such a worldview?

Maybe find a girl that is like you? Atheist, but into christian traditions? Please don't do one thing. Don't lie that you are christian in order to get a waifu.

People respond with fear if they care about you and find out you don't believe. They feel compelled to save you and bring you back into the plantation.
When my mom found out I didn't believe she flew me to Cali to the Crystal Cathedral to "show me the light".

Why do you even have morals, what's your base? You're built on sand friend, if you already deny the Lord then what good is even looking for a "traditional" woman, it won't fill the hole in your life, you can be good all you want but salvation is of the Lord, turn from your ways, at least your parents were smart enough to show you your sins for they showed you God, yet you dwell in your own vomit. You have a worst problem then not having a girlfriend with morals

>every fiber of your being
Exactly what the Bible teaches. Man is fallen, you are in rebellion against God. That's good that you're honest about it.
Now examine yourself, realize the truth that you really are a selfish, prideful sinner. If you don't admit that, than you're right, you'll never come to God.

> I simply cannot bring myself to believe in god
youtube.com/watch?v=u7YTE7WFB6Y

youtube.com/watch?v=XTtDhvk_aw4&t=92s

Start reading here OP

Muslims started the dark ages by restricted trade, killing anyone who was not muslim.

^^^^^ This

He's all around you. In Creation. Can you really think that the diversity of creatures, flora, geology is some kind of accident? Heve you ever been to the sea? The shells, the vegetation there, the fishes, the patterns in the seafloor and the sand that are made by the wind and the waves? Or really looked at all of these things. The detail in each one reveals they're individuals, just like humans. Other religions besides some Christians believe that animals have souls. Having had many dogs (my own + via rescue), I strongly hope and believe that they do. Two of mine have led me to better understandings of faith on multiple occasions.
This is a start. There's more to it than this.
When your eyes are open (or after the event that somewhat opens your eyes), you will see God acting in the lives of others and your own events and timing that can't possibly be coincidence or luck- sometimes, things that are/ seem virtually impossible, but they happen and leave you flabbergasted.

youtube.com/watch?v=jLsysXkSlbw&index=25&list=LLhO6j1Mu4tHDJTieiFrwbCQ

fuck you and burn in hell

Truth

You aren't an atheist, you believe in a false god and have deemed him unworthy of your worship.

I'd like to, but I feel as if they're extremely rare. And of course. I don't like to lie.

An impressive structure. What does it have to do with finding God?

>Why do you even have morals
Because it's part of being a good citizen and human being and making the world a better place to live in. God doesn't have to factor in.

Of course I'm selfish and prideful. These are innate human qualities which we must struggle to overcome.

I'll look into it.

A miracle of evolution and the choas and randomness of the universe. If you expect me to believe God sat down and created every single mollusk and plankton individually you won't do any favors for my return to the light.

rude desu

>I'm an atheist. I simply cannot bring myself to believe in god. It's just something I can't accept.

You probably can't accept you are a bit dim and a narcissist.

>you believe in a false god
Where's the real one at.

In what way am I a narcissist.

>Fear that your actions have consequences beyond this life.
>Leads to a negative existence
Secular logic

meant for

>Because it's part of being a good citizen and human being and making the world a better place to live in. God doesn't have to factor in.

user's question was not about the application of morals, but the origin of morals.

The origin of morals was religion, sure. Again, that doesn't mean there is a God.

I was going to repost these. Great red pills.

A miracle is exactly what it took. I'm not going to convince you if you're not ready or will never believe. It's just something for you to consider. Personally, I find your beliefs far more fantastic and "magical".
God is with you, regardless, and available to you should you chose it.

He is to be sought, not revealed. He will knock but you must listen; He will enter but you must open.

I fucking hate this response. You are telling me God is the only reason you aren't on the streets killing people? I think it says a lot more about you than an atheist if you require religion for morals.

Read Thomas Aquinas breh. We have been robbed of our traditional inheritance because of modern and post-modern philosophy. Returning to an objective metaphysics is the only way to save Western civilization. Aristotle marked out the path, Aquinas showed us the way.

Why follow these morals made up by religion? Why do you know them to be true?
If we're all just a product of chance, why can't it be the case that what is, is right?

Same here. Was raised in the family of hardline Orthodox and eventually became an atheist. I still can't return to Christianity but I embraced Platonism which has a lot of common ground with Christian doctrine. Since I'm ok with Orthodox customs and my beliefs are somewhat acceptable for real Christians it seems that I found a good solution.

It honestly blows my mind that so many here preach Christianity. I can't wait until religion finally dies.

It's possible to be atheist and Christian at the same time. The important part of Christianity is not the divine, but Christ's teachings on how to treat others. I don't think any reasonable Christian girl would have a problem with your atheism if she knows that you respect Christ and his teachings.

Religion was made by man, which means religion-made morals are really just human morals.

That isn't true. The women will hope you will be in heaven waiting for her when she dies. If you don't believe in God you will be in Hell and not waiting for her.

Bullshit OP you believe in stuff everyday that you don't see. Have you ever seen your fucking brain? Do you believe in it? Have you ever seen your mind? Do you have one?

Look this dumb shit about MUH EMPIRICAL EViDENCE has went too far... no human has ever had to have all evidence at their disposal to believe or make decisions, the ONLY thing that operates like that is a blasted input loop in a program

>Why follow these morals made up by religion?
Because they facilitate progress.

But it still does not mean they were given by God or indicate his existence.

I'm familiar with his work. Still hasn't convinced me.

Yes I don't disagree.

no wonder your country is getting taken over by God-gearing Muslims, Sven.

i have seen it done and it can work well
>be honest and open with her about your exact intensions
>accept that she and all her Christian friends will make it their life goal to convert you
>be ok with that and not bitter, condescending, or judgmental, even though they may be like that sometimes (some of her friends will be like that all the time)
>be ok with that now and forever
>dont cheat on her
>live happily ever after

Did you understand it? A lot of the older language doesn't mean what we think it does.
Take Thomas' argument from motion. He isn't talking about moving from point A to point B. We would probably call it change. More technically, there is an actualization of potential being. The existence of God arises from considering the phenomena of 'change' in the physical world while bearing in mind the necessary truths of the laws of logic (especially the law of non-contradiction) Edward Feser defends it better than me.

So your morals are defined by facilitating progress. A dangerous path to take if you mean it. You could justify the killing of the more useless members of society since progress would be facilitated.
If you agree with the Christian worldview that that would be wrong, then you aren't being consistent with this view of "progress is good" that you think is your moral foundation

The 'Word' has no weight, mass or form yet undeniably exists. It has always existed, long before man got to use it. The Father exists in such away. The truth can be found in John KJV.

Stop posting memes for a couple of hours a day and read the classics, Aristotle, Plato. Then maybe Spinoza or st Aquinas. It's easy to believe in God.

There was a monk in a large monastery in Egypt who regularly talked with God. The other brothers were jealous and continually asked him to get God to reveal Himself to them.

One day, God agreed. He told the monk to tell the brothers to go to a nearby mountain where they would see God.

On the appointed day and time, the brothers were in a rush to get to the mountain. An old monk sat by the gate, and asked each brother as he passed to carry him so he too could see God. One by one, they passed by but ignored his please - they didn't want to be slowed down and miss their opportunity to see God.

The original monk who spoke regularly to God, saw the old man at the gate and was moved by his plea to see the Lord before he died. He put the old man on his back, and started his trek to the mountain.

About halfway there, the old man revealed himself to the monk as the Lord, blessed him and ascended to heaven.

That night, the other brothers returned to the monastery - some angry, some dejected, but all disappointed. They accused the monk of lying to them - "You told us we would see God", they said. "You all saw Him" he replied, "but your eyes weren't open".

Told to me by a Coptic taxi driver a little while back. Pretty cool story :)

For anyone interested here is the link where sources can be found strangenotions.com/gods-philosophers/

I am still reading but I have a bit of a nagging feeling that, while he is not overtly incorrect, he still presents a picture which is overly favorable of those times and that scientific progress wasn't stifled. This could just be my bias of course. I will need to actually research the points he is making. I don't have time for this shit man...

Look into Kierkegaard and the leap of faith. Kierkegaard is seen as the father of existentialism who said that he decided to be a christian because of how much better his life would be.

The leap of faith should disgust any true Christian. Faith does not have to occur in an absence of reason.

My first finding from that text. It sounds like the idea is not entirely unfounded

> Hannam is careful not to pretend that there was no resistance to the flowering of the new thinking and inquiry but, unlike the perpetuators of "the Myth", he gives that resistance due consideration rather than pretending it was the whole story.

I like it so far

Great story. Man coptics have been through some shit.

Accept Jesus into your heart.

gayest fucking answer possible

>there are 4200 religions today
Irrelevant number. Anyone can "create" a religion, just like that flying spaghetti monster one

>4199 are wrong
They are not necessary "wrong", they are simply based on different teachers (master Jesus Christ, master Buddha, master Mohammed). As for the mainstream religions, Jesus Christ was a very special "entity" that got reincarnated into a human body. He tried to spread a message of love and respect to one another and ultimately if his message had succeed and every human being would live by his teachings... then we would live in a magnificient world that's hard to imagine. I will add however that the bible is vastly incomplete. Jesus lived in his 30s, yet all we have is brief passages about his birth, then it fastforwards 30 years and we get a few prior to his death. His travel to India for example, isn't even mentionned.

Regarding Islam I have never read the Quran so it wouldn't be really fair to criticize it, yet if some of the hateful passages that are sometimes posted on Sup Forums are true, then my guest is Muhammed wasn't a pure entity when he lived in human form, or the Quran was simply altered for political motives.

As for being an atheist, I have a hard time understanding those people anymore. What about dreams, what about millions of paranormal sightings/encounters throughout history? What about people born with "gifts"? How come twins will feel if something if bad shit happens to their fellow twins? How do you think the universe was created, big bang? Then what created the big bang, something came out of nothing?
Atheists usually reply with "well then what created God? Or what was before God?", but that is something we can in no way debate, with our limited human logic and mindframe.

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" -John 8:32

The truth, is that there is much, much more to this "human life". Acquire good karma and respect everyone at all costs

> Far from being a stagnant dark age, as the first half of the Medieval Period (500-1000 AD) certainly was, the period from 1000 to 1500 AD actually saw the most impressive flowering of scientific inquiry and discovery since the time of the ancient Greeks, far eclipsing the Roman and Hellenic Eras in every respect.

I would disagree with this assertion. He doesn't seem to explain his claim. I would be appreciative of someone providing sources for it

1. The recovery of the Greek idea of theoretical explanation, especially the “Euclidean” form of such explanations, and its use in mathematical physics raised the issue of how to construct and to verify or falsify theories. The result was the development of the use of induction and experimentation (both in the imagination and with equipment). These procedures formed the rudiments of the scientific method.
2.The extension of mathematics to the whole of physical science (in principle if not in fact) using quantitative measurement.
3. A radically new approach to the question of space and motion. Greek mathematics, especially Greek geometry, was the mathematics of static forms. The ideas that space might be infinite and void, and the universe without a center, undermined Aristotle’s cosmology with its qualitatively different directions and led to the idea of relative motion. The theory of impetus (inertial motion), founded upon the theological distinctive of God creating the heavens and the earth in the beginning (Genesis 1:1), was used to explain many different phenomena – the motion of projectiles and fall-ing bodies, bouncing balls, pendulums, and the rotation of the heavens orthe earth. Discussions of the nature of the continuum and of maxima and minima problems also began in the 14th century.
4.This period exhibited a remarkable progress in technology. New methods of exploiting animal-, water- and wind-power appeared and new machines were developed for a variety of purposes, often requiring considerable pre-cision. Some of the inventions – the mechanical clock and magnifying lenses – were to be later used as scientific instruments. The astrolabe and quadrant were greatly improved as a result of the demand for accurate measurement. In chemistry, the balance came into general use.

>atheists btfo

Christians have been the most blessed, prosperous people in history, many things blamed on "christians" in early history , isn't due to christianity but due to the fact that Christian morals had yet to completely taken root. Like per-christian England for example had yet to adopt "chivalry", chivalry came from the church to constrain the immoral and barbaric behavior exhibited by the ruling class

5. A fresh understanding regarding the nature and purpose of science. Its purpose was understood in the context of the dominion mandate of Genesis 1:26-28. Science was seen as a tool that enabled man to gain power over nature and scientific results were to be used to meet the practical needs of society. Regarding the nature of scientific theories, neither God’s action nor man’s speculation could be constrained within any particular system of scientific or philosophical thought. This brought out the relativity of all scientific theories and the fact that others more successful in fulfilling the requirements of the rational and experimental methods might replace them.
("Mathematics: Is God Silent")

youtu.be/tBITwJ-g7x0

Yes it is, you fucking faggot. Keep watching the major prophet of Sup Forums, Pastor Stephen Anderson, until it starts making sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=oTeWotpM5tI

If you cannot bring yourself to do something, it is because you are not in control of yourself. Who, I wonder, does control you?

Be a Christian OP, sky daddy loves you, unless of course you don't love him, eat shell fish, touch another man's weiner or work on Sunday.

YOU are God. You exist in a void, eternal nothingness, and you've created this reality and willfully suspended your knowledge that you are God until you "die." You will keep repeating cycle until for eternity in an infinite number of universes.

Become a Christian. It's not too late. "Belief" isn't required, what is needed is faith.

The million dollar question:

Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here’s a quick test: Have you ever lied, stolen, or used God’s name in vain? Jesus said,
“Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
If you have done these things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart,
and the Bible warns that one day God will punish you in a terrible place called Hell.
But God is not willing that any should perish. Sinners broke God’s Law and Jesus paid their fine.
This means that God can legally dismiss their case:
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Then Jesus rose from the dead, defeating death. Today, repent and trust Jesus, and God will give you eternal life as a free gift.
Then read the Bible daily and obey it. God will never fail you.

PLEASE WATCH ZYNKYOKU HAKU!!!!!!!!!
>PLEASE WATCH ZYNKYOKU HAKU!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE WATCH ZYNKYOKU HAKU!!!!!!!!!
>PLEASE WATCH ZYNKYOKU HAKU!!!!!!!!!

The man saved me from my ego, just watch with an open mind and put the idle game down too. You won't be sorry, I promise

Perhaps Christianity - isn't completely encapsulated in what you were taught in the church you attended. Perhaps GOD is more than that? Perhaps FAITH is more than that? You sound awful sure of believing something?

you dont have to be a christian, just stop being a faggot atheist. have the humility to say "im not sure". your understanding is limited, that is what you have to accept. a religion is merely an attempt at an answer to a question, a hand fumbling in the dark that reaches out and touches a truth. just a description of God's nature from one point of view. think of the arrogance to think that YOU can deny the existence of the creative force, the spirit that animates all life. Have you ever seen someone die? how childish to think that YOU know what is happening in the universe, YOU worked it out with your yuge brain and our current science that cant even cure fucking cancer. We dont even know how our bodies work yet, but you want to go ahead and deny that there is something greater? these are the people you put your faith in, rather than your own spirit? scientists? you need to quiet your mind. sit quietly and listen, ask yourself "if if if if if" and in a still small voice, god will speak back to you - "okie doke".

God is not in the wind, or the earthquake, or the moutain - God is the still, small voice inside you. dont sell your soul over to others who want to push and pull you for shekels and fame. They dont care about you, so why listen to them when your soul is in your keeping alone?

>"None of us know our end, really, or what hand will guide us there. A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus," or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice. Remember that."

Logos is calling to you. Do not ignore.

check out this faggot who cant even into gnosticism.