DEFEND THIS NOW

I'm no Democrat, but what the fuck?
WHY????

Other urls found in this thread:

beta.fec.gov/data/disbursements/?two_year_transaction_period=2016&disbursement_purpose_categories=other&committee_id=C00578997&min_date=01-01-2015&max_date=10-05-2016
docquery.fec.gov/pdf/318/201607159020655318/201607159020655318.pdf#navpanes=0
thejidf.org
thejidf.org/2008/10/about-jidf.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Internet_Defense_Force
youtube.com/watch?v=7dGJDJoeAok
schneiderdowns.com/our-thoughts-on/tax/american-taxpayer-relief-act-extends-internal-revenue-code
cnbc.com/2017/11/16/house-gop-tax-plan-could-increase-taxes-for-grad-students-by-400-percent.html
wired.com/story/grad-students-are-freaking-out-about-the-gops-tax-plan-they-should-be/
vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/7/16612288/gop-tax-bill-graduate-students
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/sep/07/barack-obama/barack-obama-said-hes-cut-taxes-middle-class-famil/
obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2016/04/14/tax-day-what-president-obama-has-done-make-tax-code-fairer
turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/estates/the-gift-tax/L1sFpFeXV
obfs.uillinois.edu/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=96576
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If that's what makes or break your decision to go to grad school, you shouldn't be going.

I was years into it before I even KNEW there was a tax break, and then I didn't believe it for another year.

Besides, we don't need another Ph.D. in "Sodomy and White Genocide"

Take out a loan you fucking retard. If you're not getting a useless degree you should have no problem paying it back

of course it's the government just arbitrarily making it so, probably has nothing to do with the way
>American education
is run

Universities in general are pretty much directly responsible for all the problems in the country right now, I'm totally fine with this.

that's true. unless he's going to med school, there's no reason to go to college.

>This

>KEEP PAYING FOR OUR MARXIST INDOCTRINATION GOYS REEEE
The CTR/Shareblue Shills and Payments:

beta.fec.gov/data/disbursements/?two_year_transaction_period=2016&disbursement_purpose_categories=other&committee_id=C00578997&min_date=01-01-2015&max_date=10-05-2016

docquery.fec.gov/pdf/318/201607159020655318/201607159020655318.pdf#navpanes=0

thejidf.org

thejidf.org/2008/10/about-jidf.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Internet_Defense_Force

youtube.com/watch?v=7dGJDJoeAok

Should only be going to college if you actually intend to study and get a useful degree. This whole notion of people going to college simply because people tell them too is so fucking retarded

Republicans are just fucking cruel. Their Tax Scam is a total disaster. There are so many little hidden tid bits like this that fuck over the middle class.

Imagine you're a student making $15,000 a year (working part-time). You get a tuition waiver worth $40,000 from your university and let's say you're high skill and you do research for them.

Republicans are now taxing that $40k. It's not even fucking income. It's a waiver, a discount off your tuition.

All this to pay for tax cuts for billionaires.

Fucked up man

I don't know guys. I'm no democrat either, voted Trump, but I'm not a big fan of this reform from the looks of it. I don't think it's fair that so many deductibles for middle class families get scrapped, and tax grad students at bracket levels they're not really in. I thought the whole point of a tax reform was to scrap taxes as much as possible, and I was looking forwards to seeing retarded social programs get scrapped too. But secondary education? I get colleges are a joke, but the paper they give you is worth something to a degree.

Why should students get free gifts when everyone else has to pay taxes of gifts? Dont hate, liberals are the ines that want to tax all the things but not what they like.

Good.
Now you can become something useful.
Like a plumber, for example.

((Capitalism)) is worse than cancer on your dick

How the fuck are you supposed to pay let's say a 20% tax on $40,000? Where are you supposed to get the money from? That's not even income.

>fuck over the middle class
>fuck over worthless college faggots

Wrong.

This isn't tax reform. People need to stop calling it tax reform. It's a tax scam to pay off their donors.

rural retard detected

lol say goodbye to the suburbs

Republicans are fucking over their own demographic

How else am I supposed to look down on tradesmen that make more than me without having a masters in cultural enrichment when I serve him his coffee?

Anyone talented will get scholarships, anyone going into a useful field will pay it back.

I see absolutely no problem here. DESU the whole "go to college or be a failure in life" meme has to go, and this is coming from someone in a DDS program, not some dropout. For example, there is absolutely 0 fucking reason nursing school is a graduate school requiring a BS.

Essentially, start teaching stuff in high school rather than having it all be basic algebra and Civil War history, and make college more like grad school, and grad school more like postdoc programs.

Good; it's a waste of time anyway.

Dear leaf,
You're missing the part where someone making $15,000 would have no other taxes to pay
Not that it makes sense at all, just pointing it out

It is taxable income insofar that it is an earned benefit.

My old company paid for my flights for work and they were considered taxable income.

Your real beef is with taxation at all.

>we must save the white race! Create families!
>kids now not as deductible as before

I mean, what incentive is there? I'm all for trickle down to some degree because I get that it can work and have seen it too. But I don't think it's fair that the top brackets get that much freedom and lower ones not as much. Why not get a flat tax then? Or scrap all the retarded funding for stupid shit we don't need. I'd be even willing to cut down on the military a little, and that's usually the one thing I'm cool paying for. But given how they're just misusing the money for retarded affirmative action ad campaigns, why bother? Not to mention all the welfare queens

$12k actually but why the fuck would Republicans tax a fucking tuition waiver? It's not income.

You're talking about high IQ people here who will be working good jobs and paying high income taxes

>I was years into it before I even KNEW there was a tax break
This is a lie. Nobody starts a PhD without being entirely clear as to whether their program is funded and knowing that scholarships are not taxable income.

it's never been taxed before

>A fucking leaf

Tuition waivers have been taxable already since 2012. It was an OBAMA ERA TAX BILL.

schneiderdowns.com/our-thoughts-on/tax/american-taxpayer-relief-act-extends-internal-revenue-code

MSM telling lies YET AGAIN.

I had to pay fucking taxes on that shit when I was a grad student in 2014-2015. It was considered earned income by Obama's admin because you are receiving something of monetary value for work.

Read up on IRC 127 and tell me this isn't an already existing tax from OBAMA's era. Obama signed it into law in 2012.

Oh, darn. The world loses the opportunity to gain another Ph.D. in Lesbian Dance Theory.
We'll manage.

pretty sad when republicans have to lie about their own policies

House GOP tax plan would increase taxes for graduate students by roughly 400 percent
cnbc.com/2017/11/16/house-gop-tax-plan-could-increase-taxes-for-grad-students-by-400-percent.html

GRAD STUDENTS ARE FREAKING OUT ABOUT THE GOP TAX PLAN. THEY SHOULD BE
wired.com/story/grad-students-are-freaking-out-about-the-gops-tax-plan-they-should-be/

The GOP tax bill could be a disaster for PhD students
vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/7/16612288/gop-tax-bill-graduate-students

>Your real beef is with taxation at all.
Yea, and I was under the impression that the whole point of the reform was to cut down on taxes. Not cut down at just the top and then have kids who can't afford to be taxed at those rates be the scapegoats for all the heavy lifting. What incentive do a lot of retard leftist kids have to invest and go the business route if they have to be making big money to reap the rewards? It's a big, daunting uphill battle, and making it harder to embrace entrepreneurialism won't make us win the culture war here.

You're looking at it the wrong way, universities have been getting away with murder financially by granting waivers.

I would love to hear from somebody more familiar with university financials, but my guess is they grant these waivers so they can run up massive sums they then can manipulate with creative accounting. I bet these universities consider the 40k waiver a liability on their books, and then use their own assets (cash) to pay themselves, ultimately accounting for the entire thing some kind of in-kind donation that never gets taxed.

Basically these universities have set up a system where they get free labor for pennies on the dollar from hungry grads, and then use the 40k per pupil per year to reduce their taxable income. That's the punchline, and considering the filthy destructive ideas universities are fomenting, this scam should come to an end. The fact is, students will start demanding higher wages otherwise the universities slave labor dries up.

Fuck these people, I'm on to their financial scam.

Yes, current graduate students are definitely complaining about this because they're already taxed and not because this is a new tax.

STEM need tuition too m8

LOL WTF WHY ARE YOU LYING?

I went to your link

>The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (Act), signed into law by President Obama on January 2, 2013, indefinitely extended the popular exclusion for employer-provided educational assistance under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) §127.

INDEFINITELY EXTENDS

good. the fewer people going to (((graduate school))) the better

Taxes are awesome and you should always be paying more.
Just ask every democrat.

How the fuck are students supposed to pay income tax on non-income?

We need more taxes man! Why should you get off at (((my))) expense?
Why not ask your uni to stop trying to turn schools into luxury resorts and your profs to take a reasonable salary?

Also this. If regular joe sixpackschmo gives his friend 40k in assets or services, the IRS will tax it. Of course my millennial brethren think they are special and deserve an exception because they are deciding to hit the snooze button on being a real adult, and instead stay in school until they are 30.

Guess what? You aren't special and you can't just get 40k in free services and not pay taxes on it, everybody else has to unless they are a charity.

Democrats cut taxes on the middle class. Raise them on the rich.

Republicans do the opposite.

Maybe their colleges will teach them.

This guy get it's it. Haven't done any accounting for schools but this seems likely

You realize that most of us here hate grad students, right?

because to make america great again we must further reduce america's overall level of education and intelligence, duh

It was never taxable income before Obama yet they didn't bitch and whine when Obama made it taxable. Yet now because a "Republican" is changing the tax so kids actually have to use the degree they already have to work and earn the money they need to continue their education which is what EVERYONE has to do if they aren't in a field where teaching and research is a valid method of getting tuition waivers which is a good 50% of graduate programs.

Prof salaries aren't particularly high, it's school admin and amenities for undergrad life (who aren't affected by this) that sucks up more of the money.

>Democrats cut taxes on the middle class.
Link?

>employer-provided educational assistance

That is not a tuition waiver

When you got to keep the population in check you got to make it too expensive to get educated.
We will eventually have a dumb subservient population to do our bidding

politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/sep/07/barack-obama/barack-obama-said-hes-cut-taxes-middle-class-famil/

obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2016/04/14/tax-day-what-president-obama-has-done-make-tax-code-fairer

They have already been paying taxes on tuition waivers....this isn't new.

so u admit he was lying

Listen dude, the real fight is to wean the masses off the government tit.

If you want to get a college education, fantastic! Good luck and god bless! But if you are demanding the state pay for or subsidize it, then that's the problem.

Read

no they haven't

u paid GOP shills are blatantly lying

>Government taxing people on money that it handed out to them

the inefficiency grows.

Demand higher wages from universities for their labor.

That's the scam. The universities get 40k per year per pupil to offset their income and reduce their tax liability. Then they pay grad students a meager 15k stipend.

The universities are the ones getting away with bullshit financial tricks, and they will have to change policy otherwise the number of grad students will drop. To incentivize the students to come back they will have to increase wages that they subsequently pay payroll tax on.

It's a sound plan.

ah you didn't want an education anyway.

Now I'm thinking

With all the Barista/fast food/entry-level positions now requiring at least a Bachelor's to get your foot in the door, is the GOP trying to drive down supply of degrees so they can raise demand?
I've been seeing required MASTER'S degrees for $45k/year jobs, are they trying to nip it in the bud?

>The state pays for all graduate students
r u srs

However, the state does pay for graduate students in other countries, which means the US will start falling behind on research output.

And more broadly, the expansion of administration into increasingly irrelevant areas; the school I went to has a LGTBBQP+ office and a tranny office, plus the usual suite of Dindu Promotion Groups (Admissions, Discipline, Finincal Aid, Diversity Office, etc).

I'm getting my Master's with student loans. $32k is literally nothing for a Master's of Accounting. I'll pay it off within 3 years.

>college makes you intelligent

Are you retarded? How did you even file taxes?

>not having your company pay for your degree
Why even go?

No, you don't understand that a college granting a student a tuition waiver is completely different from an employer providing assistance.

You gloat like you are proving him wrong, but you're using completely irrelevant info to back your claim.

>Also this. If regular joe sixpackschmo gives his friend 40k in assets or services, the IRS will tax it.

why r u constantly lying in this thread?

Is it because you're a GOP shill and u know their tax scam is a disaster.

>If you give people a lot of money or property, you might have to pay a federal gift tax. But most gifts are not subject to the gift tax. For instance, you can give up to the annual exclusion amount ($14,000 in 2017) to any number of people every year, without facing any gift taxes. Recipients generally never owe income tax on the gifts.

In addition to the annual gift amount, your can give a total of up to $5.49 million starting in 2017 in your lifetime before you start owing the gift tax.

turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/estates/the-gift-tax/L1sFpFeXV

For those people thinking that this is about BTFO'ing catladies from their marxist educations, I want you to know that this mostly affects STEM majors like myself as STEM paths are more likely to have tuition waived.

I'm a Ph.D. candidate in Mathematics (pure af), newly married, trying to finish and start a life and family. Please do what you can to stop this provision.

What does affecting the supply of doctoral students to the rich have to do with any of that?

There are many exemptions but in the eyes of the IRS scholoships have always been subject to tax

time to tax business owners now.

It's just Obamaleaf being a sperg

u realize that was his link right?

it didn't back him up, it debunked him

holy shit u shills are failing
>Tuition waivers have been taxable already since 2012. It was an OBAMA ERA TAX BILL.
>schneiderdowns.com/our-thoughts-on/tax/american-taxpayer-relief-act-extends-internal-revenue-code
>>The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (Act), signed into law by President Obama on January 2, 2013, indefinitely extended the popular exclusion for employer-provided educational assistance under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) §127.

The university pays for your degree if you're doing research of value

Maybe the university should just waive tuition for grad students in teaching roles instead of running their money laundering scheme

> which means the US will start falling behind on research output.

But it hasn't. Hell, education spending in these US has shot through the roof since the creation of the DOE and what does these US have to show for it? Massive student loan debts and bullshit degrees.

The market can correct higher education but must be allowed to correct it.

obfs.uillinois.edu/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=96576
"Effective January 1, 2012, federal and state income taxes will be withheld....."

Wow that's fucking huge

It was 14k with the option to give up to five years worth, 70k, in a single year

Estate tax planning BTFO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

there are some great grad students out there, really, but half of them are trash

ITT: America is so fucked man. Conservashits literally shill to fuck themselves over in order to give tax cuts to George Soros, Warren Buffett, Goldman Sachs, etc.

I can't take this right wing good soyim cuckery

I don't think comparing the market structures and incentives for bachelors degrees and doctorates is fair. Most going towards a PhD already bear the debt you're talking about, so being able to enter a funded research program is a bigger draw.

There are too many bullshit degrees, but this does not target that in particular.

Forgiven debt is taxable in all situations you retard.

Why do we allow such uneducated people to live? Fucking drains on society

>The universities get 40k per year per pupil to offset their income and reduce their tax liability.

Sauce, senpai?

>NOTE: Unless extended by Congress, the IRC §127 provision for graduate level educational
assistance will expire on December 31, 2012.

And Obama extended it

>>>The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (Act), signed into law by President Obama on January 2, 2013, indefinitely extended the popular exclusion for employer-provided educational assistance under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) §127. (You

Where are you paid shills getting these failed talking points from? I'm debunking them in 2.2 seconds

Wahhhhh! HOW WILL I EVER BE ABLE TO WRITE MY SOCIOLOGY THESIS ABOUT MENSTRUAL BLOOD AND FECES AND MODERN SOCIETY NOW?!

FUCK YOU, BLUMPF!

WAHHHH!

College does not equal high IQ at all. IQ doesn't measure intelligence, it is a measure of aptitude.
You didn't used to need to go to college to get damned near any job, now you need it for every job with entry level positions requiring 5 years experience. Lol.
I don't hate college, I hate the meme that college is and that college students have become. Half you motherfuckers cant think your way through a tire change.

>median income family
>wages drop
>median decreases further into the poverty zone
>average tax bracket drops further into the non-taxable zone.

LOOK GUISE THE INCOME TAX IS DRUPPIN

HUR HUR HRU

>When you only need a pell grant because you are doing your course slowly

>all graduate students are in humanities fields

>You didn't used to need to go to college to get damned near any job,

It's not the 1960s where right wing retards can drop out of high school 16 and work the same factory job for 50 years. Deal with it.

Median income soared to record heights under Obama. Wtf r u talking about?

You know, you may win arguments if you didn't act like a neoliberal faggot from Twitter in every thread.

And real purchasing power crashed. Your point?

REPUBLICANS HAVE TO PAY FUCKING SHILLS TO LIE ABOUT THEIR OWN TAX SCAM.

HOLY SHIT

THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW IT'S BAD

Why would we pay for people to learn lies from kikes?

Hey retard, the 40k waiver isn't a gift from one individual or estate to another, it is a form of compensation, that's why it should be taxable.

>whats is inflation?
>what is rising costs?
>what is unlivable wage?
Into the trash you go.

No it didn't. The USD soared under Obama.

Why do u retards constantly make shit up. All I do is massacre u every fucking time. You don't stand a chance. All u do is embarrass yourself.

>taking tax rates into account when deciding whether or not to have kids

Do you who else does this, besides white people? Fuckin' nobody, that's who. Maybe some Asians. Maybe.