Why were the japs so retarded?

For all their banzai spirit, how did they fuck so badly by thinking they could invade a country 20x the size of their own?

California is bigger than Japan and the nips thought they could occupy all 51 states?

>California is bigger than Japan and the nips thought they could occupy all 51 states?
They never planned on invading continental united states, they only wanted to wipe out the pacific fleet and take US pacific holdings and force an end to the embargo.

They never wanted to invade. They repeatedly begged for peace, despite us crippling their economy with the oil embargo. We were choking them to death.

They just wanted control of the Pacific. US invasion wasn't really ever in the cards. Pearl Harbor was supposed to destroy the Pacific fleet and set the US back enough to keep them from interfering before Japan could establish control, but they failed to do that. The Pacific fleet was heavily damaged, but not destroyed especially the high valued carriers.

They didn't attack us as a preamble to continental invasion, they tried to cripple the Pacific fleet so we couldn't stop them from seizing all of SEA and all those little islands in the pacific

It's about the meme that is called honour. I mean, I've posted some dick pics. before which may or may not have seen the light of day. I woudn't care about losing face. Nips are prone to peer pressure. Either that or the'yre hopelessely romanticising autistic cucks.

>wipe out the pacific fleet
Pointless when we could just build more ships and they'd be right back at square one. The only way to STOP the US would be to INVADE

They’d beaten the Russians a few decades before and didn’t want to give up their dreams of empire.

Well, that had kicked China's ass before, so I guess they thought we were like those cucked rape babies.

Who the fuck told you that they wanted to invade the US?

They clashed with the US just because the US wanted the Pacific, which was in direct contrast with Japan. Especially the Philippines were a big problem for Japan, since they completely cockblocked Japan from expanding in SEA. (See:Nanshin Ron)

>just build more ships
It took years, even in a war economy to build ships like carriers and battleships

are all amerikamutts illiterate when it comes to history?

>memeflagging because ashamed of own country

I'm being dead serious, this post got me thinking REALLY fucking hard. What did he mean by this? I legitimately don't understand. Really wiggled my walnuts.

>51 states

>have a confederate flag
>being this retarded
like clockwork

The jap politicians at the time truley believed they were invincible. The Japanese generals and admirals were alot more realistic.

Fucking bingo answer man - thanks - I don't have to explain this to the OP

Some of their generals thought it was a bad idea, iirc.

>For all their banzai spirit, how did they fuck so badly by thinking they could invade a country 20x the size of their own?

>Americans actually believe this

And up until now I had been proud that no one took that bait.

>French
>saying anything about WWII

This. They basically said it was suicide to try an invasion as 'There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass'

>not realizing they actually hold a good proportion of China for a while

Yes but not enough of them. Even after they got the first nuke some of them didn't want to surrender and apparently tried to kidnap the emperor to stop him from surrendering on the second bomb. The Kyūjō incident.

its hard to say you have an empire when the people in those countries hate you and will not fight for you in any meaningful way and would betray you at the drop of a hat. its empty territory. you are occupying that territory - not owner of it.

48 states in 1941.

>Size of the territory of the country is all that matters
Is this the brain power of the amerimutt?

Prove to me they planned on ever invading.

There were no preparations at all to invade the US.

Aleutian Islands Campaign

The US fleet was undergoing an enormous upsizing immediately prior to entering the war. The amount of warships under construction at the time of Pearl Harbor was equal to the size of the then current US fleet.

They never intended or planned to invade the mainland. They gambled on this:

Great anti-war sentiment in the U.S. (we didn't even want to help Europe, let alone Asia.)

They thought that if they kicked us hard enough they'd have enough time to gather enough rubber and oil to sustain their war machine such that the U.S. would have little desire to fight back once it rebuilt.

basically they needed the us out of their hair to continue their conquest (and the us was fucking them up via embargos) and the us was war shy.

Yes.
Our schools teach more about Mesopotamia than they do about US history. It's absolutely pathetic.

>51 states
wat

Bullshit. Genghis Khan smiles to you.

Every time I come on pol I get closer to renouncing my citizenship.

American education lol