It's sad because the kids they put in the giant robot die

>it's sad because the kids they put in the giant robot die

If they don't the entire fucking planet gets dunked on. I would puree orphans and pour the resulting slurry into the cockpit if that's what it took. There's absolutely no reason for angst in this situation.

>the entire fucking planet

A little more than that OP

> If they don't the entire fucking planet gets dunked on.
Yes, that's why they all fucking do it (except the one who doesn't, so they kill him). Just because it's necessary doesn't make it happy.

>There's absolutely no reason for angst in this situation.
Have you been diagnosed?

There's no reason for angst in any situation user.

Angst is a sign of weakness, and since there's no good reason to be weak, there's no good reason to be angsty.

There is all the reason for angst. You've had two decades to learn about the world, to see things greater than yourself and understand why they are so. You have loved the world and have come to terms with your mortality for a greater cause.
To a little kid, even if it sounds reasonable and noble, it feels unfair. Suddenly they have to process one of the biggest dilemmas in existence before even being able to fap.

>I would puree orphans and pour the resulting slurry into the cockpit if that's what it took.
Yeah, from outside the cockpit you massive cockmongler.

>before even being able to fap
Except for that slut that sold her body.

Wasn't she raped?

>one of the biggest dilemmas in existence

It's really not though.

Either both THEM and the universe they live in gets destroyed, or just they die. Either way, they are going to die.

Don't know if I'm remembering it right but I'm pretty sure she was prostituting herself.

I'd be hype as fuck to become Gundam if it meant all my family and friends were still around to have a funeral for me.

"Why me? Why not a soldier or something?"

Her sensei she had a crush on whored her out and recorded it. Then he fucked her sister.

Congratulations on your promotion, PFC Fuckface

>no need for angst
>posts a picture if a war people are still retroactively angsting over spending 4 years as a cook over 40 years later

between neo ranga and zearth, which one is more cruel in term 'the core of power'?

If you become Gundam specifically it's pretty much guaranteed all of your friends and family will die given the number of orphans in that franchise

A soldier who fights and dies in a just war is still a sad story.

> Have you been diagnosed?
Where do you think you are?

I think you're confusing characters. Chizu got raped; Mako tried to prostitute herself but her plans got foiled.

hitler should have won

Indeed

>it's sad because the kids they put in the giant robot die

If they don't the entire fucking planet gets dunked on. I would puree orphans and pour the resulting slurry into the cockpit if that's what it took. There's absolutely no reason for angst in this situation.

It's not even a just war. It's a pointless one that nobody understands or wants to fight. Part of it is that they can't even feel like they're doing the right thing, just the only thing they can do.

The "war" itself is arbitrary, but their participation isn't pointless at all, and it's definitely a choice. We even saw Kirie struggling with that choice, not to mention the other-earth pilots who didn't do it. I'm not saying any of the kids were particularly happy with the choices they had, but I don't think they were doubting their decisions.

I don't mean that they were doubting their decisions, but they didn't have the luxury of believing that they were fighting for justice or fighting in a "just" war.

Kirie's arc had a lot to do with him coming to terms to the fact that fighting for the survival of the people he cared about was good enough of a reason to fight, even if that wasn't an objectively superior moral choice. It was the same when Jun had to manually wipe out every single human on the other earth, having to really confront what they've been doing all along.

While their actions might seem heroic or brave to the people who watch them, they themselves can't possibly feel like heroes about it. The best they can get is the solace in knowing they've protected what they wanted to protect.

Oh, I misunderstood. We pretty much agree.