Open air offices

Is there anything more hellish than an open air office? It truly seems terrible and it makes me so glad I’m blue collar.

open air offices with standing desks.

Don’t forget the Soylent in the fridge.

open air offices with standing desks inside a company composed of 98% stronk womynnz and POC

It’s a real redpill seeing how worthless women are in the workplace. It’s almost like they belong at home taking care of children.

I'm white collar and work in an "open office." It doesn't bother me and if it did I would care because I get paid 6 figures working ~30hr/week doing easily as shit tasks.

The humble cubicle has been culturally disparaged in a most unfair manner. The cubicle is the independent mind, the individual, autonomy, the singular output...I, Me, Mine. The cubicle is an agent of creativity. Why was it that the cubicle was singled out for stigmatising? Perhaps we're cubicle people in a open-plan world?

Open office = company doesn't do anything useful and will fold in 1-2 years tops.

this is what the jews have planned for us in the future

What is so wrong with a cubicle? Only thing better is an office. Most blue collar cucks don't even have a dedicated chair.

LITERALLY an ant farm for bugmen

I used to work at one and it was truly hell. You couldn't get up and do anything without the whole fucking office looking for an excuse to turn it in to gossip. Everyone that worked there hated each other but they smiled and pretended like they didn't. I had my back to the directors desk so she could watch my every move. Now I work from home and go to the gym on break/sit around in my underwear all day

Open air offices are designed so that the manager can glance up and see if people are fucking off. I love my blue collar job with my own truck (2017 f550) I can drive around the city and eat lunch wherever I want with no boss hovering over me. Shit at least once a week I cook up steaks on the tailgate with my crew and take the last 3 hours of the day off til quiting time.

How the fuck can people work like that with someone always watching over your shoulder?

Those are great, when you fart it just wafts away and noones the wiser

6 edgy 12 me

At my work its a bunch of open air offices. Each team gets their own, a team being 2 to 5ish people, which works well for software development . But one big open one is just stupid.

Better than cubicles. At least you can easily identify anyone annoying and tell them to keep it down.
Noy for betas i guess.

>i can have lunch whenever i want

Lmao, most office workers don't have set hours. You can take off any time you want because you aren't paid by the hour, but for results.

cubicles seem super fucking comfy. im a local truck driver(not a fat otr fag) so ive never worked in an office but that open air shit is giving me MAX anxiety.

To expand a bit, HR said the decision to move to an open air office was to increase "collaboration". It was a fucking sales gig, the only collaboration to speak of that it aided in was I could now look fuckers in the eyes when I told them to stop poaching my leads

comfy af

What do you do

he said it already retard "easy as shit tasks"

>he fell for the ford meme

Based on his description I'd say he's in some form of management

Worked in one as a software dev. Terrible environment. I don't need to listen to other departments if I'm the only dev. It's actually worse. Working from home made me twice as productive. The amount of salt when Trump won was glorious tho.

I actually said wherever but whenever applies too

City bought it not me.

Openair offices with standing desks where desks are first come first serve each morning instead of assigned to people

at least at my office I don't have to sit face to face with people

Also bullshit, I have worked in plenty of offices and you still had to punch the clock and keep your lunches to 30 minutes.

I work in one, it's fucking awful.
I would kill a nigger for a cubicle

But at least it's possible to get 5 people to shut up and work at the same time, or be talking about something relevant to the group. In the open office, one sheboon blabbering on the phone distracts dozens of people.

The thing that got me about open-plan was you had to observe every dumb fucking minute of silence, then there was the constant charity shit, like fucking constant charity shit. Sponsor this, sponsor that, a fucking rattling tin..just fuck off and leave me alone. The drama, the politics, the romance, the team pep talks. No wonder i'm a fucking NEET.

>tfw have comfy climate controlled office with 34" dell ultrawide
>tfw get to work from home 3/5 days a week

Management can be autocratic dicks.
Why did they do it? What's a sales gig?

Well I worked office/cubicle jobs and hated it because there are always people who don't do a goddamn thing but are excellent manipulators and position themselves to include themselves in the credit for projects but not the actual work. All they do at work is brownnose and backstab others to make themselves look good -- kiss up and kick down -- while contributing absolutely nothing. And they get promoted because of it. Women are excellent at this.

It seems to me that the open air offices make it more difficult for these people to hide the fact that they don't do any work.

They aren’t that bad. A lot of people fall for the “don’t want to work in an office meme” so this is a nice compromise.

A sales gig is a job where you sell shit. They said they did it to increase collaboration but really they did it because it's the new age hip thing and HR doesn't do dick all day so they every once and a while implement the shit they see in their feminist journals to look busy.

You understand how to get the most out of your crew. Kudos. That's a surprisingly rare as fuck talent.

>sitting is the biggest killer in america

I literally turned down a job last week because they didn't have assigned desks. Apparently assigned desks encourage paper-based practices, whereas their office culture mandates an all-cloud ecosystem. I saw, in that moment, what my future would be at that company..

>HR doesn't do dick all day so they every once and a while implement the shit they see in their feminist journals to look busy.

America needs an HR Holocaust, and it can't come soon enough.

fuck that

Exactly. Fuck HR. Its being taken over by Gender Studies graduates btw.

>truck driver
>anxienty
go smoke more speed, mudflap

They are perfect for workplace spree shootings -- no walls, no cubicles, no doors, no cover.

>America needs an HR Holocaust, and it can't come soon enough.
Right there with you brother
I just got a new job after holding down my last one for a few years, really blew me away how over the top the diversity training has become. These people hate us and want us dead simply for being white males.

Oh and never having to work in close proximity to women is glorious. Never have to be PC, can tell your coworkers to fuck off, can share lewd pics on phones, can be racist to each other since it's pretty diverse, can swear like a sailor when bosses boss is present...can feel real bro tier comradarie every day. Fuck offices of any kind

See

Best part about working from home is I can finally transition away from the deoderjew and the shamjew without being hassled

How the fuck are you meant to concentrate in that office?

I just want a cubicle so that when I have nothing to do I can read or play games without anybody knowing.

Even when I am working, I feel like I have to make it look like I'm working. I always have something that looks like hard work up on my screen, even if I'm doing something completely different on my other screen.

we have 25 people in our office. We have 30 offices. Everyone gets an office. Only management and the c-suite fags get doors. But its nice not to have management fags looking over me all fucking day.

I can tell you having worked at a place like that; 65-75% of the US does nothing. They show up, click their thumbs and wait until HR gives people approval to finally fire them. They can usually last a year doing this and then they find another entry level job and do the same thing. I've met countless people like this.

A black coworker and I like to ask beaner coworkers which side of the racewar they will fight on. It cracks us both up. He's a stupid KANGZ but we get along because we fuck with eachother with insane racist debates, yelling at eachother while we work, and everybody gets so fucking weirded out. He calls me all the time after work to bullshit about non-racist shit, its become a workplace act we do for laughs and to make the day go by.

Thanks, I have bro tier coworkers, old young Mexican white black and always have savage banter, the old dudes are the best at bringing bants.

>t. doesn't know shit about HR

What if you brought in your own door? Or like, beads, maybe?

Where I work, not only do we all have offices, me and at least two other people are armed at all times. Sometimes a old man brings in his new toys he gets at gun shows. But everyday there is at least three armed people.

I'd kill a nigger just for the lulz.

>no privacy
>no place for family photos
>no place for knick knacks
>can't hide from people you want to avoid
>everybody has constant access to your shit
>some faggot's always taking your fucking stapler
Truly hell on earth.

Maybe the feminist HR think open-air offices are a way to stop sexual harassment? Thus lessening their workload so they can do nothing all day. They sell it to management that its a massive risk reduction for lawsuits.

I bet HR doesn't have to sit out in the open, no they need to be in an office so they can lock up those sensitive personnel files, rrrrriiight

I wish lol.

Shit man, that sounds fucking awful. I wanted to be an investment fund manager once I got my degree, but I think I might go live the Unabomber lifestyle inawoods.

What's the air-con like in these places?

The only thing worse is when it is cold and because you have large eyes your eyes get cold and then you can't see properly and your mind just has a let down as a result.

Ehh I'm a bit older and got a late start really giving a shit about my career but if you find a place of decent size (so that upward mobility is practical) where you're well liked and bust ass to make it to management in a year or two things get pretty fucking cozy. Getting to that point is aids though

>local truck driver
>open air shit is giving me MAX anxiety.
Such a shit larp.

You give HR too much credit. If you've ever seen the furniture sales catalogues ($600+ for shitty plastic tables on wheels) for this kind of thing you'll notice that they're specifically targeted to pseudointellectual types who genuinely think that this will "increase productivity" or something. It's all New Age kind of shit.

Don't forget that HR actually recruit gender studies majors (they list it as a possible qualification on their job postings), so they are brainwashed to at least some degree.

>niggers are the biggest killer in america
fify

Morale is everything. Set your people up for success -- give them good instructions, good tools, and well-organized materials -- and don't demotivate them by demoralizing them. And everything falls into place, because they're men and getting shit done and building shit and bantzing -- its all FUN. For men, work is fun and subconsciously we compete by making contributions to the goal/project.

Women first and foremost have to waste a bunch of time figuring out who is their friend and who isn't. Heard this on the BBC Radio "Crowd Science" show. Surprisingly a female scientist admitted that women have a hard time getting shit done lol.

Private office at the end of the hall(Non corner) master race reporting in.

HR is fucking garbage everywhere.

just like one of my animes

Office fucks will never know these feels. We are terrible to each other in the muster room but are elbow to elbow in the dirt and mud. Plus I make more money than most of the office people in my department even though I'm a field guy. They complain about field guys making more than them with their degrees and whatnot, but when confronted with them picking up a wrench and shovel they act like it's beneath them.

Why are bantz such rare commodites these days.

>Why was it that the cubicle was singled out for stigmatising?
Women. They can't piggy back off men if everyone is accountable for working alone.

Cubicles lack total enclosure ensuring you have to put up with that cheery bitch Nancy from down the aisle asking if you have a case of the mondays. She can fuck right off, I have work to do.
You should be aspiring for an office of your own user, only cucks settle for less.

Sounds like HR deserves a rural train ride.

How indoctrinated into ideology do you think they are?

Looks like a good start for a sweat shop.

150%, they're more extreme than even the average liberal. The workplace will be unrecognizable in 10 years. Find a place to work from home and don't say shit to anyone ever.

Jesus fucking Christ. That's literally like workplaces in the Soviet Union during the Era of Stagnation in the 70s.

Do you work in construction? Only worked for a short time in construction on some prevailing wage contract making $34/hour and we usually spent 2-3 hours of the 8 hour day sitting around on breaks just bullshitting with each other. Now in military in a career field with maybe 5% female but they might as well be males with their banter and I make about the same amount of money working worse hours. Can't really complain but I kinda miss working with a bunch of hungover rednecks and black dudes who could actually hold a job.

This exactly.

I love getting a fucked up job late in the day and telling the new guys, 16 hours today buddy! And they get bummed, but then you lead the way stay positive work hard and cook them some brats on the tailgate, they stay motivated and you all earn some good OT and have a blast fixing shit.

At my job there is a mix of different rooms with half walls and fully enclosed offices.

Thankfully I sit in a totally enclosed office with three other guys and we just bullshit all day long. We talk about current events and sports and other random shit. It's pretty great, the pay isn't great but the work is easy and sometimes even interesting, but I would be gone by now if it weren't for that sweet office setup and my cool coworkers.

Other people in the office are just OK, I think some of them resent that there are a bunch of youngish guys in an office where we keep the door closed sometimes. People can see us laughing and bullshitting in there but there isn't a fucking thing they can do about it. Feels pretty good.

PC bullshit. That's why me and the KANGZ guy get along, he says fucked up shit that offends people. He tried to offend me when we first started working together and couldn't, then I started arguing back and saying offensive shit to him, and its like pure freedom for both of us. The catharsis is amazing.

He tells me that his worse nightmare is that his daughters marry white dudes. I say "oh yeah what about this white dude though?" and show him this pic of Jonah Falcon.

I'll give you one better: we had this absolutely retarded nigger we hired. He hated me because I worked hard (I'm a kiss ass because I want a promotion and commission from my sales so I bust ass, keep in mind we're both almost in our 30s). One day he's at lunch with a group of us and he starts saying how he deserves better and the only reason he took this job was because our fucking director (a woman) told him that the job is easy and all we do is fuck around while promising him that we're going to try to do lots of events and bring beers in on Friday (never happened). I can't imagine what went through her mind trying to sell this job in such a way that they only get lazy shitheads but she hated her job so she wanted to see us all suffer too while she raked in the big bucks anyways. The nigger decided that he was going to stop trying but I question whether he ever tried at anything in his life. He was fired approximately 8 months after that and that was about 4-5 months in to his employment

I work in Silicon Valley so obviously we're falling for this meme, and it's pretty fucking awful. Let's group a bunch of people who have different temperature, lighting, and noise level preferences into one big open fucking room where nobody can get the temperature, light level, or noise level they prefer. That'll increase productivity! My office isn't as bad as the OP pic, there are dividers so you kind of have your own area, but it's definitely closer to this open office plan shit than it is to cubicles.

This isn't true at all. We dick around constantly and the manager doesn't give a single fuck. The open air meme offices usually have ping pong and pool tables (we have both) so employees are expected to goof off. Open air offices are designed to pack as many people into a small area as possible, it's to save on real estate costs which are a lot higher when you give everyone their own cubicle and exorbitant when you give everyone their own office. And I can also eat lunch whenever the fuck I want, take as long as I want, and that also applies to breakfast and dinner. And they're all free.

Isn't anyone else going to address the issue of working with women? I've worked a lot of different types of jobs and it's always the ones with no women around that I loved.

Now don't get me wrong, I love looking at, talking to, and hanginger out with chicks. I'm married and love and respecially my wife. But it sucks working with females. All the drama and having to watch what you say is soul sucking.

How are you other office workers holding up in terms of diversity training?

We just started having them, they will be a few times per year and I really don't want to go but supposedly they are mandatory. I am afraid the push the issue. Thus far I have claimed sick and not shown up those days but that won't work forever.

I would rather simply find a new job but I fear this scourge is everywhere. How can I ask potential employers during job interview if they have mandatory diversity training without making it look like I am a racist white male to progressives, or scaring cool employers who might mistake me for a leftist homo?

underrated

I hate those kind of jobs because I get antsy, I have to keep my hands busy and make the day pass by. I'm not the fastest or hardest worker but I'm a steady worker.

As to bantzing, do it while you're working. Its easy. Like one of my first foremen screamed at a coworker "If you can't talk and work at the same time, THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP!" shit was hilarious

Part of the problem I see in the modern workday has to do with the time that gets drawn out from "you must be here for 8 hours" even if you finished your shit for the day several hours early? Ever offer someone the chance to leave early if they get shit done? it's incredible to witness because what takes some people hours, these people will properly complete in a fraction of the time.

These words were supposed to be hanging and respect.

>unironically bragging that you eat all 3 meals at the office

Its men's nature to build and fix things. Take care of your crew and your crewmembers will make you look good. Gotta be understanding when shit happens, life turns that way sometimes, but total fuckheads are easily identified and dealt with. We evolved to cooperate in small groups to hunt and kill and sow and reap together, its all natural baby don't get in the way of it. Keep on keepin' on.

>How can I ask potential employers during job interview if they have mandatory diversity training without making it look like I am a racist white male to progressives, or scaring cool employers who might mistake me for a leftist homo?

I'm so glad I changed careers. Fuck white collar bullshit. Its torture.