Black Clover

Chapter 87.

Noelle strong.

No matter how much hate this manga gets, the art is one of it's few pros

Some people say that move is bullshit and it shouldn't be that strong but they don't understand that Noelle is royalty and she put ALL of her mana into that one attack. If they just shrug off an attack like that, I don't see anyone that could beat the WNE.

>The two becoming one
hmmm?

I think it's his swords.

That's probably it. I wonder how he'll go about doing that and what difference it would make.

Probably turn his swords into a flamberge or a claymore.

Or simply use his swords to adsorb Noelle water magic and rape the flame bitch hard.

>tabta will never have aster collect pieces of black armor
Are we just sticking with two swords for the whole thing?
More weapons will just be silly.

I hope asta really starts collecting anti magic armour pieces. I don't see what a new weapon would add to what his current 2 weapons already do. Although, a full anti magic armour would be too strong because noone would be able to damage him then. Maybe give them abilities that are not simply anti magic.

I think if Tabata was gonna make armour pieces a thing, he would've had Asta find a piece in the underwater temple. If Asta doesn't get something from the witch kingdom, I don't think Tabata is planning to make black armour a thing. I think he will get something though because the Queen seems knowledgeable about his power.

Or he can collect different kind of weapons and uae them like that guy from FF XV

If this manga going to powerlevel up using team based combat style as shown to be Asta greatest asset in nearly every combat, the mangaka going to make Asta learn to cooperate and absorb magic from other Black Bull members to use as his own special sword techniques, just like in that dungeon against diamond faggot.

That would be cool but what would those weapons add to what Asta's current weapons can do? One can reflect and cut magic and the other absorbs magic, I don't know what a 3rd weapon would do. Tabata could be more creative with abilities if he makes armour pieces a thing.

Maybe he can get a spear.

I can see him getting a Javelin instead for throwing. A spear doesn't match Asta's fighting style

He can already shoot the magic he absorbs with his other sword though.

Noelle will have the aqua spirit or maybe she already have it.

No new weapon can add anything significant to what he can already do with his current weapons. He needs armour pieces or if he gets different weapons that work well with his current weapons. Like a shield that absorbs magic from an enemy and puts it straight into his magic shooting sword.

I feel dumb for not thinking of that.

She will probably get it eventually. I don't think it's possible for her to already have it unless there are different methods for getting a spirit

Well Rival had the wind spirit or a wind spirit or some spirit and he didn't know he had it until it suddenly materialized.

He got it from a scroll in the dungeon. Noelle didn't get anything like that

Oh you're right, i guess i forgot.

If the next arc is another "bad guys are invading" arc I'm gonna drop this for real. Water temple and witches forest were fun ideas and Tabata ruined both. Invasions are so fucking boring, especially in this manga

I suppose it will be awhile before we know what's up with Aster's grimoire.
Wonder why the grimoire tower keeper recognized it, and julius seems to know nothing about it.

Also Witch queen recognized it.
Seems like clover kingdom is out of touch on their magic junk info.

William knows about it as well

meh, just because he hasn't shown that he knows, doesn't mean that he doesn't know. We'll see what happens.

He does? Not surprising, when was it indicated?

When I read what the tower keeper said, I jsut thought he meant "it couldn't be a grimoire" because that's what they were talking about on that page. Doesn't really show he understands, he even said he has no clue what it is.

I read it as he lied and said he had no idea and sent it off to the magicknights then thinking to himself "that grimoire... it couldn't be...'
Maybe it's different in Japanese but based on the page it seems like he knows something about it.

Last page of chapter 2

I dont feel like dropping it but i agree.
The exploration of the magic world like is what i really like. Enemies from other kingdoms are nice but it's better if they are spare.

I've given up on guessing who's a traitor.
As long as julius, yami, and charlotte don't die.

My guess, on who the traitor is, is it's Marx, Julius' assistant. He's also the person that had the interrogation magic where he goes into people's minds and gets them to answer all questions so he can change what captured enemies say as to not reveal secret information to the kingdom.

Yea, Tabata really needs to slow down and world build a bit like how he did early on in the series.

I agree, I like the word building involving magic and dungeons more than the political and nation conflict stuff.
I do like how much of an evil douche that new diamond kingdom guy looks like.

I don't get why he's going so fast. Since water temple it's been non-stop, he could've drawn out the gap between water temple and current diamond kingdom/witches arc. Maybe show more of the black bulls exploring and searching different places for cure interspersed with busted aster having to hang out in castle town or with the waitress girl.
I wonder how far ahead he's planned everything.

I was hoping that he showed us more of the Witch Kingdom. Asta and co. exploring when they were sneaking in and maybe introduce a witch character. Instead they go in, rush all the way to the queen then diamond kingdom and WNE invasion right after all within a single chapter.

Oh yeah, that too for sure. If you're going to make up a whole mini witch kingdom living in magic forest it'd be nice to a see some of it before it gets trashed in yet another invasion.

Feels like an rpg and we're just fast traveling to each encounter for the main questline.

Marx is the obvious choice.
Didn't Liar say he as disguised as a captain which would imply two?

Liar just said "guess who I am". Didn't say a captain. Marx was in the room where all the captains were present at the time so it could be him. Tbh, the most obvious choice is the new captain with the painting magic.

Since it's getting OVA does that mean an anime is more or less likely in near future?

Yea, if it gets an anime announcement in Jump festa, which is likely, an anime should come out by late 2017