Gundam The Origin

Subs just came out how did you guys like the movies?

I thought they were fantastic

Other urls found in this thread:

gundam.info/topic/16917
soundcloud.com/chris-buenaseda/sawanohiroyukinzktielle-eternal-wind-hohoemiwa-hikaru-kaze-no-naka
soundcloud.com/chris-buenaseda/beyond-the-time-mebiusu-no-uchuu-wo-koe-te
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If I've never watched either the original 79 or 80, can I watch this first.

it starts from the beginning so yeah you can watch these and not feel left out of the story

Meh. I hate the how the quality is lack for the characters but i love the mecha and EXPLOSIONS.

I was kinda hoping to see more of the gundam though. Fingers crossed they remake the original series OVA style.

Loved it, then again I own all the manga.

All the OVAs are out?

Yes

They were fine. Nothing noteworthy.

Nyaa.

Nice. But why are there no decent encodes released? BDs for 3 OVAs came out months ago.

Am I doing fine by not watching all the spin-offs? I tried watching Wing, G, Seed, 00, IBO and dropped because they were all shit.

The only Gundam shows I really liked was 0079, Zeta and CCA.

Modern gundam UC OVAs are great. The only high budget stuff we get from anime these days that's not shinkai's/hasoda's/other hack's mediocre family movie.

Shit CG aside, I was greatly dissapointed in the lack of cameos.

So is this the last one? I just want an episode focus entirely on the Battle of Luom with maybe a cameo from the Jormungand.

Didn't see the last one. The other episodes were nice, just too much zeon for my taste

There's gonna be a Loum OVA next year. They aren't letting go of this just yet.

>Not fully adapting the Origin
It would be much better than IBO, but I guess Thunderbolt 2 makes up for it.

Oh, wonderful. I wonder if we'll see any cameo from other famous aces during the battle, Luom is where most of the Zeon aces get their status afterall.

Wait, the 4 origin OVAs have read the manga ending?

Watching The Origin before 0079 is like watching the Star Wars prequel trilogy before the original movie trilogy, or watching the Rebuild of Evangelion film series before Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I need this CG in FMP

Garma is so cute. So bad he is stuck in such a

...such a shit franchise. Kek, accidentally clicked Post.

I dunno how to feel about Origin moeblob Garma.

gundam.info/topic/16917

We ready for 2 more episodes?

No it's just that they animated Char's back story it goes from when Deikun was assassinated to around where Char meets Lala. I still haven't seen the fourth one yet.

That colony drop

Who is she aiming at.

Gonna assume Char since she is crying, I would have to look through the manga though.

It can't be Char, that doesn't look like their first meeting in the original.

The Origin manga places their first meeting in the White Base hangar at Luna II instead of side 7 though

She should be wearing the Feddie uniform if that's the case though

Holy shit that was an awful ride. Only episode 1 was any good, the rest has been irredeemable shit.

I felt like I was watching a poor man's Michael Bay movie. How the fuck is that possible? What made 0079 good was Char's mystery and this totally strips that away to the level of a badly written revenge story with retarded moustache twirling villains.

>PLEASE BE THE MOTHER OF MY CHILDREN
Gundam has never been renound for well written romance but that was just awful. The only good parts of this episode were the bits with Amuro and Fraw, I really wish we'd had something about them instead of the ZEON DIN DO NUFFIN shitfest.

I really hope we get a change of director and scriptwriter for the rest of the OVAs but who am I kidding, this is doomed to be ruined from start to finish.

Does this shit rectons 0079? I only watched the 1st OVA.

It's an alternate series, doesn't retcon since it is its own thing.

God.

2 more? But the Char story is over. So they'll adapt the rest?

They are doing two more, one for the Battle of Loum and another called The Red Comet.

Birth of the Red Comet* which also happens at Loum

>Watch what is clearly an origin story about Char
>Complain about the lack of mystery about Char.

What a fucking retard

soundcloud.com/chris-buenaseda/sawanohiroyukinzktielle-eternal-wind-hohoemiwa-hikaru-kaze-no-naka

Sawano and the singer of the Unicorn OP doing the F91 ED.

I'm now badly wanting an F91 OVA series with Unicorn production values and Sawano composing the music.

Yeah I wish F91 got treated better, it is my favourite OVA with 0080.

soundcloud.com/chris-buenaseda/beyond-the-time-mebiusu-no-uchuu-wo-koe-te

CCA ED cover by Sawano

>but I guess Thunderbolt 2 makes up for it.
thunderbolt gets really stupid later on.
S1 was good but if S2 gets to the point where they cover the monk cult then it'll just go full retard

I hate to say this, but kamikaze newtype buddhists are more entertaining than the Origin filler arcs. Plus there's a great battle with the new Gundam, at the very least it'll be worth it for that alone the CG team working on Origin are terrible

>Sawano composing the music.
I really feel like he wouldn't work for F91, they'd either need to get its original composer,Akira Senju or Yoko Kanno

What origin filler arcs?

The prequel and epilogue arcs in the Origin, like the current animated one. None of them add anything, and shit like the current Doan's Island spin off is only there for selling more toys.

Why can't more Gundam be like this? You know actually good and fun to watch

Why don't you kill yourself? Honest question.

>tfw plebs aren't smart enough for FUNdam

Ironic that you'll use that faggot from ZZ as your meme reaction macro.

Rebuild is literally a remake though

Ewww god no.

Two more OVAs got announced

No I don't want current Sawano with his shrieking vocals obsession shitting up U.C Gundam soundtracks anymore. He's already milked the Unicorn thing for all it's worth and done his really bad covers of classic U.C themes and then some so just leave it at that and have him compose for shitty Aniplex anime for hype kids like he usually does.

>soundcloud.com/chris-buenaseda/beyond-the-time-mebiusu-no-uchuu-wo-koe-te

How does a track from 2016 have signficantly worse mixing and sound quality than something released in 1989? Oh right Sawano that's how.

Man I can't believe people like this shitty wailing singer as much as they do. Her singing voice is just unpleasant all around to listen to and sounds like she's trying to immitate every shitty current gen Western singer that all love to do that whispy raspy voice thing that works for generic J-Rock but doesn't fit with ballads like Gundam is typically known for at all. This is at least passable from a vocals standpoint for a ballad but she's no Moriguchi that's for sure. Aimer just fucking mangles anything she tries to do, cover, collaboration or original single. In any case Gundam seriously needs to consider ending it's relationship with Defstar Records already as they've produced some of the most horrible or at best forgettable theme music for the brand since they've been given exclusive rights to handle theme songs for Gundam TV series.

I'd say no. Origin spoils the important reveals of the original series straight away.
It has a lot of throwbacks that'll go straight over your head. It's clearly aimed at people with prior knowledge of the series.

He was pretty moe in the original series too, in my opinion. Dumb prettyboys getting tricked are cute.

Thank goodness. I was feeling kinda sad that this was the end.

>The Origin
Does this means this OVA covers the discovery of the minovsky particle and the dawn of Mobile Suits?

Dozle's pounding this sweet young pussy and filling her up with his baby seed to make a baby Mineva. Jelly.

Gundam should stay in Early Colony.

Its future is its past and sure as hell not Iron-Blooded Homos.

Im gonna be real fucking pissed if i find out space explosions arent pink

>Hey
>Wanna make babies?
No wonder Glemy grew up to think terrible chat up lines were a good idea

How do I push through ZZ? The tone shift whilst jarring, makes sense now that we're seeing things from a a younger kids point of view. But all the zeon characters in the first 10~ episodes are complete retard, Bright and co. also pick up the idiot ball in terms of ship security and dealing with the kids. Gundam was never a master of technology (spying, intelligence, ship side security) or tactics. The animation quality is also below Zeta at this point.

I loved it.

It's the toughest until ep 23.
Honestly it's tough if you aren't just watching it waiting for your favorite character to speak.

Our hero, also thank god we finally get some backstory on Lalah.

Why is the art so bad?

because your art wasnt good enough to be the face of a franchise worth millions

How the fuck is even possible to fuck up Beyond the Time this bad?

she looks cute after you take the backhand to her

pretend you're watching Xabungle for the first 20 some episodes, tough it out until they leave Side 1. Take deep, meditative breaths for every time Beecha and Mondo are onscreen and work it out until Silent Voice kicks in and things start to get interesting again

>is like watching the Star Wars prequel trilogy before the original movie trilogy

I did this, and it did not change the experience
In fact, the movies progressively got better

This is way too much CG.

It's not bad, but it feels kind of unnecessary, all things considered.

A weird thing is the fact that Casval looks identical to the REAL Char, and is even more of a psychopath in this one. Like, in this version of the story, Casval is directly responsible for kicking off the One Year War! He had a hand in the deaths of billions!

This episode had a weird jump between the part where Char meets Lalah and the first Mobile Suit battle. Like, what happened in the interim?

It's also a real disappointment that we didn't see Gundam Unit 3 fight the Zakus on Amuro's home colony.

Amuro's such a cuck.

Not really, he's never really had a love interest. (Except maybe Lalah, but he only met her briefly.) He seems to find Frau more annoying than anything else, and she still wants to jump his bones.

He's going to destroy her.

a bunch of dindus storm her household, kill her adoptive father, and burn the house down
she shoots at them

Nice. I wonder how far they're going to adapt. Would be nice if we get far enough to see the first invasion of Earth.
Oh, I see. Thanks.

I stopped watching at the second OVA because it was really boring with the dumb politics shit. Does it get better? Should I just read the manga?

This will probably get doujins.

A more rapey look and scenario.

>unsheathes heat axe
>teleports behind you

Aside from the first OVA, the rest were kinda meh.

Seriously? I had no problems with watching ZZ.

Was was first gen feddy MS armour so fucking shit? After the first few interactions with Zakus you'd really want to give your troops something better than paper. Or go full light evade, hit and run.