Why Italians failed to creat an empire for 1500 years

Since the fall of Rome to 1871 they failed to achieve unity or creat an empire why

south was raped and occupied by 131298318949171283819 different groups, north never was fully roman. The end

They're not white, except for Sicilians who descend from Normans.

venice was a merchantile empire though

plus it was colombo who was responsible for west-euro colonialization
and even the the US got its name from an italian

germanic niggers happened

For the same reason I fucked your mom last night

They were too busy making money and culture.
Have you even seen Sicilians?

Not in the wild, no.

he meant the sicilians who are mixed/have nordic genes due to normans' presence on that island in the 11th century

Too many consolidated, powerful neighbours like the French, the Spanish, Austrians, Ottomans by the time the Italians sorted themselves outs.

The days of picking off smaller tribes and independent city-states was over.

Nigger miscegenation

I meant all Sicilians. Very nice people, unlike Neapolitans or Calabrians, who are basically Greek, and therefore not white

What would happen if there was an Indpendence vote? Like if all of the Northern areas like Veneto and Lombardy voted to become indepdent, and Southern Italy become it's own country? Could it surviive? I mean, obviosly smaller areas like Aosta valley couldn't survive on their own, but what about the others?

agree 100%

>Since the fall of Rome to 1871 they failed to achieve unity or creat an empire why

What was left of the Empire in Italy was mostly controlled by Visigothic dukes or warlords. Then Lombards came in and took over. The Franks held it for some time. Then it was a collection of feuding city-states, just like in the pre-Imperial times when Roma was just one city of many independent polities. It would have taken one city-state to take over everything, and the Habsburgs and French were exterior forces trying to project influence into the region and getting involved in the ever shifting balance of power.

The south was mostly occupied and raided by Sandnigger's and the north was a clusterfuck, cuz every little Lord wanted to conquer italy.

it's 1861 moron

>Since the fall of Rome to 1871 they failed to achieve unity or creat an empire why
The only italian that could make italy great was Napoleon, and you know what happened

In 1861 Kingdom of Italy was created, but it was truly unified in 1870 when Papal State was annexed.

various reasons. we italians have a very strong local identity (too much culture, literally reverse USA), and a national identity has been very hard to give birth to. also, we are literally in the middle of the french cucks and the austrian kikes, who always schemed to keep us divided because they knew that a united italy would be a competitor regional power, but also wanted buffer states between them.

Very butthurts
Yeah but not the type of empires we talk about and Iberians and northwestern Europeans colonized the Americas
But germany was divided but achieved Prussia and Austria whh couldn't they unite italy at least
Arab only occupied the very south not the enter south

oh and I forgot,

t. multi-regional italian

Have you ever been to Italy?

I am not him, but I have been to Italy (Both North and South), and tried to avoid tourist areas. I don't get the meme that Southern Italians are not what. They have very European facial features. And I surprsinly saw alot of people with dirty blonde hair and light eyes in Southern Italy. Just because you have dark hair, it doesn't mean you aren't white.And hell, Lobardy(Como) and more people with light eyes than Dark eyes.

The reason is the same that brought down the Empire. Corruption! Italy may have rule of law but it's tongue-and-cheek. It's never been able to shake off the systemic societal corruption just like the rest of ClubMed (and Slavic countries as well). They're do for a comeback one of these days but they need to get their act together.

French are the true descendant of the romans, italians are mix of arabs and jews

WE

Rather than ask why not, ask yourself: why? Look at the conditions which led Rome to have an empire in the first place - at the time, most of the rest of Europe were economically and culturally (except Greece) below Rome's level. But even in the later Roman empire, the industrial powerhouses were the areas around Dalmatia and east-central Gaul. It's like how Japan was easily dominated when they were on a feudal level, but once they had the same economy/military might as European powers they were less of a pushover. Everybody else just caught up.

You also have to understand that until the 10th century or so most of south Italy was controlled by either the Byzantines or in some cases the Arabs, that geographical isolation and wealth from trade allowed northern city-states to be independent, and the weird status of the Papal States, both the spiritual head of a united Catholic Europe and a land power at the same time.

>creat
When you did this in the title I was like, ok fair enough it happens and we all make mistake but then you did it twice! Nigga you need to go back to school.