Father Desmond O’Donnell said Christians of any denomination need to accept Christmas now has no sacred meaning

>Father Desmond O’Donnell said Christians of any denomination need to accept Christmas now has no sacred meaning.

Good.

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/nov/18/irish-catholic-priest-urges-christians-to-abandon-the-word-christmas

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/-mas
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/masse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Christmas now has no sacred meaning.

generally true in the west, but his stance is to give up

catholics WILL defend this

>1 Hear the word which the LORD speaks to you, O house of Israel. 2 Thus says the LORD: Do not learn the way of the Gentiles; do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven, for the Gentiles are dismayed at them. 3 For the customs of the peoples are futile; for one cuts a tree from the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. 4 They decorate it with silver and gold; they fasten it with nails and hammers so that it will not topple. 5 They are upright, like a palm tree, and they cannot speak; they must be carried, because they cannot go by themselves. Do not be afraid of them, for they cannot do evil, nor can they do any good.”

just burn the catholic church to the ground. Its fucking useless

>Catholic.
>IRISH catholic.
Is there a Christian denomination more heretical than this? Even true Satanists have at least read the book.

>Heretic Priest spouts blasphemy
Anything else new with the Catholics?

IRELAND REEEEE
I refuse to take any responiblity for this

HEY.
HELLO.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
HAPPY HANNUKA!
HAVE A WONDERFUL KWANZA!
AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Irish Priest says same stuff apostolic Christianity has been saying forever.

Nothingburger

Shut up. Catholics are BASED.

He's not wrong.

>Christmas
>Christ-mas
>Christ mass
>What is a funeral mass called?
>Mass: The Catholic funeral service is a mass, generally held in church the day after the vigil. It consists of receiving the body at the church or opening rites, the liturgies of the word and Eucharist, and final committal or concluding rites
>Celebrating the death of christ
Also the christmas tree are in the bible, and are seen as a Babylonian tradition.
Also Jesus wasnt white. This is a picture of cesare borgia.
Also his name isnt Jesus its Yeshua.
Also you've been lied to since birth

Oops.

any idiot can be born to be honest
celebrating birthdays is stupid when you really think about it

>Christmas has a meaning of 'funeral of Christ'.
Feels like I took a boltgun to the brain mate. Did you need to redpill me that hard?

>Catholic
>being first to lead the sheep astray

Sounds about right, Catholics are NOT Christian.

>Irish Catholic priest urges Christians to abandon Christ

Effing this...
/bred

>funeral of Christ
>on his fucking birthday

To distract your from the pagan roots, that you'll likely indulge in, because you're a proud dumboy

>When a misnomer goes out of control.

Christ + mass = ?

It was supposed to just be a celebration of Christ's birth, then it became a celebration of his birthDAY as if anybody ever knew the exact day he was born (there is zero traditional or scriptural support to suggest Christ was born December 25th, it is just a random date), at this point it was already corrupted, but now it is not even a Christian holiday at all but a viciously secular consumerist holiday draped in a thin veneer of humanist sentimentality.

Christmas should be abandoned in its current form, it is a sick, consumerist, exploitative excuse for a "holiday", until it is returned to its original intention - simply a day dedicated to the celebration of Christ's birth - it is a worthless exercise.

He's right, but he's also a cuck for saying we should just give it up.
Also, a reminder that the secularization of christmas/easter is entirely a jewish affair. Go ahead and look up all the various christmas songs and carols. Look at who wrote them.

The ones that actually about Jesus and the nativity like Silent Night, Away in a Manger, and other hymns? Those are all written by gentiles.

The ones about garbage like Reindeer, Frosty the Snowmen, Winter Wonderland, and other generic "wintery" secular bullshit without any reference to the nativity?
THEY ARE LITERALLY ALL WRITTEN BY KIKES.
IMAGINE MY FUCKING SHOCK

It was pagan in the first place.

It didn't occur to you that the songs without any Christian stuff in it weren't written by Christians? Even the faggots that believe the kikes aren't behind every door can tell this much.

is there anything Jews don't ruin? Christmas wasn't always about consumerism

Most people don't realize that. And most people don't tie it in to the secularization/consumerization of Christmas.

This explains why I fucking despise Christmas music, it's all Jewish tripe.

these people need to be purged

xmas is much older and better then a kike on a stick
> truely the holiday of the huwhite man

Most people don't give two fucks about Christianity even if they write it as their religion on the census mate. It's apathy.

HELP ME UNDER STANDO
what the fuck do presents an evergreen and a fat child molester climbing down my chimney and eating my wife's cookies have ANYTHING to do with the celebration of the birth of Christ.

Same. As I kid I always enjoyed the actual hymns like Silent Night, but I couldn't stand the corny bullshit about reindeer and snowmen. Then you put 2 and 2 together.

And how did we get to that point?

Have we reached a new level of stupidity?

>just burn the catholic church to the ground. Its fucking useless
go home varg

Who is the nigger?

>now
he's right you know

that can be read in both senses. Like a call to regain the true meaning of Christmas.

No, the old stupid is the new stupid. We went into a stupid circle.

City syndrome and general kikery. If you really needed to ask then welcome to Sup Forums.

>Holy Roman Empire

Two main origins. One comes from Saint Nicholas, who would give gifts to children. His feast day is December 6th. I guess because of the close timing to christmas, it sort of got combined. The other goes back to the pagan roots of Yule.

When I was a kid, on Dec 6th the tradition was to put your shoes out and wake up the next morning to find money or another gift inside.

It was a rhetorical question. The point I'm making is that it's precisely because of the cumulative effect of little things like the pushing of secular "christmas" music that we arrive at this point. We didn't just wake up one day and christmas was a secular consumerist event and nobody really cared. The kikes made it this way. And I'm using christmas music as a way to exemplify that.

Who cares about catholic, Europe is atheist now

secularism is why Europe is becoming Muslim

Underrated as fuck

I'll give you my Catholic defense without reading the article and you can tell me if I guessed the priest's point correctly:

Christmas was a holiday created to convert pagans. Even the time of year does not fit correctly into the liturgical calendar, Easter is the apex of Christianity and currently lives in the shadow of Christmas.

Amirite?

>Michaelmas
>Celebrating the death of the Archangels Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael

>Candlemas
>Celebrating the death of candles

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/-mas
>A holiday, sacred day.
>From mass, from Old English masse, messe.
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/masse
>From Latin massa, from Ancient Greek μᾶζα (mâza, “bread”).

The Pope licking the feets of the migrants bro

isn't christmans a pagan thing that was just implemented into catholic church ?

It's still pagan. I'll break out Jeremiah if I have to.

Vollidiot.

Christ's Feast

>It's still pagan.
So what?

Father Desmond O'Donnel sounds like an attention seeker.

As he walked away, he could be heard rambling some words about praising Lucifer and banging children instead.

SO IT'S A FUCKING BLASPHEMY YOU MONGOL

>So what?
Nice, are you a Talmudist?

You know this priest is kinda right?

How will we ever subvert the subversion of capitalism in religion?

Capitalism is great and all, but it needs to take a hike if anyone's going to make Christianity great again.

The eternal mick

>ITT we REEEEEE about Catholicism..... again.
You need to confess your sins then go do a charitable work.

>The eternal mick

Should be a meme

I'm just asking you to make a point. What do you think is important about the various pagan components of Christianity?

I disagree. Christmas as celebrated by Christians is a veneration of Christ.

He's right, but just throwing up your hands and saying we should give up christmas isn't the way to go. We need to take it back, not give it up.

How to do that? I don't know. I guess start with babysteps. Stop with the consumerist garbage. No secular christmas songs playing in your house; only true christmas carols/hymns. Put up a nativity scene. Tone down the gift-giving bullshit. Instead of having dozens of presents for everyone, make it a smaller number of thoughtful gifts. Go to mass on christmas or christmas eve. Stuff like that.

And the only acceptable christmas movie is Die Hard. all others are jewish bullshit.

T.Gayloving, abortion having, idol worshiping heretic

> Pro Western family values.
> Anti Catholic cuck.

Pick one sheep fucker.

>O’Donnell’s comments follow calls from a rightwing pressure group for a boycott of Greggs bakery in the UK after the company replaced baby Jesus with a sausage roll in a nativity scene.

Merry kekmas.

Daily reminder that Hanukkah is a minor Jewish holiday, and that the only reason it's been pushed so hard is to undermine the prestige and meaning of Christmas.

Die Hard 2 is also acceptable.

hahah christians AGAIN cuck. Contrary to what christcucks say on this board the reality is exactly this KEKING.

have you read the book? it doesnt mention christmas

>(((Catholic)))
>stole a pagan holiday
>doesn't want it anymore
There's a massive globalist drive to eliminate all holidays. Damn those paid days off, family togetherness, traditions and joy.

I'll allow it.

all of them are jews

>birth of Christ has no sacred meaning
>death of Christ has no sacred meaning

>rank and file priest says some dumb shit
wow, it's fucking nothing. the church doesn't have the time or resources to police every stupid thing a low level priest says.

That's correct as well. It's a literally-what holiday for kikes, or at least it used to be. Equivalent would probably be something like Ash Wednesday. They only started pushing it as a major holiday because all the little jew children were butthurt that all the christians around them were happy celebrating christmas and getting presents, and the jews wanted to put up a competitor.

and then they used hanukkah to say "well now goy, we have to be inclusive and say happy holidays too!"

Bet that priest got caught diddling altar boys by the Jews and is now being blackmailed into saying such vile and jewy shit.

This is how you fight religion. You take their sacred bullshit and turn it into coca cola commercials and tourist sites.

>doesn't recognize the difference between Pius X and Pius XI
the first was based, the former was a massive kike

Except that's not any idiot you fucking cock gurgling heretic.

cherry pick your popes and cherry pick your bible then cherry pick everything else

Don't you have a thread to go bitch in about how Hitler was really a bad guy?

>offering no solution but calling to give up

U
WOT

You are a massive fuckwit, Catholics can disagree with their pope.
Popes have even been removed before, officially by the council of cardinals or unofficially through poisoning.
One single pope does not define the catholic faith.