Dedicated 2000s thread for older anons to share their memories of this important time

Dedicated 2000s thread for older anons to share their memories of this important time.

There is a whole generation here who does not know what it was like pre-9/11, it's important this does not become memory-holed.

>We need to acknowledge what has changed
>Anons need to share what has been lost
>This is how we rebuild
>This is how we save America

Other urls found in this thread:

mnopedia.org/event/halloween-blizzard-1991
weather.gov/dlh/2007-0301-snowstormblizzard
youtube.com/watch?v=lo4gdoOkOSw
youtube.com/watch?v=4mNpZmUrDJs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Special thanks to this group of anons from the other day who posted the 80s/90s thread. It's stuck with me since then.

When I was growing up my parents flew a lot for work. Maybe it's because of 9/11 but flying is a huge part of my memories for this time.

I remember being let into the cockpit and allowed to sit in the captains chair. At the time North West airlines had little metal wings they'd give out to kids. The flight attendants would walk you up and introduce you during pre-flight.

When I first started flying there were no screens in the planes, and it was actually a bit of an adventure to take a flight. People talked on the plane, you met your seat-mate and you talked. Flying wasn't an ordeal, there wasn't the suspicion and complete quiet you have now.

One of my favorite memories, was one lead stewardess on North West who joked her way through the entire flight, got people laughing, even had the entire flight signing over the PA.

One of the things I really miss is the snow. Growing up in Minnesota we had these insane snow storms, huge blizzards that dumped so much snow you could literally build networks of tunnels in your front yard.

Some days there would be so much that the Twin Cities simply shut down. There was just no way to go to work, school or anything else.

I miss non-obese white girls.

The 2000's bifurcated America's economy and people, undoing everything that was great about the 90's. This is directly attributed to the Fed's Housing Bubble.

If you owned property or worked in RE/Construction and related industries, you prospered. If you didn't the insane inflation in RE and other necessities destroyed your purchasing power. It was a have / have not scenario that was nowhere near based on meritocracy. If you were lucky (bought home early, speculated before the crash, etc) you did well. If you were unlucky (wage slave. in a town with destroyed manufacturing base, etc) you suffered.

We're in the same situation today accept instead of a 50/50 split its 20/80 lucky/unlucky. This is why Trump and Bernie got so much traction. The game has been rigged for near 2 decades.

I can't imagine sharing this with my kids, we've had disappointing Christmases for years now. Brown and slushy, if we're lucky maybe 6 inches of snow.

One of the biggest things that's lost is a sense of community. The women working at the post office (all dead or retired now) used to know every family by name. They had my birthday circled on their calendar (and I suspect I wasn't the only one) and would have hotwheels and other little gifts for when we'd come visit.

Christmas especially still felt like it meaned something in the real Dickens sense.

Holy shit this. Everyone's fat now. Look at highschool photos from the 1990s/2000s and compare them with now.

link?

mnopedia.org/event/halloween-blizzard-1991

And this was in 2007 weather.gov/dlh/2007-0301-snowstormblizzard

Granted it was a little milder south of Duluth, they got hit the hardest.

Girls had hair on their pussy

I miss the bush

2000's were shit.
1990's were degenerate as fuck.
late 1980 was pretty based.

youtube.com/watch?v=lo4gdoOkOSw

I hardly ever see this video posted, more people should watch it.

Good point user. I want women to look like women,not pre pubescent girls. It's that peado agenda thing going on.

I've always like the 80's aesthetic desu

I don't disagree, but it's important to see the trend and acknowledge there were still parts of America that were wholesome and good in the 90s/00s that we've now lost

>Be in class for school (was around age 9 at the time)
>Principle and vice principle comes in with other people who I don't know
>Vice principle is in tears
> Sobs while telling us "the twin towers fell!"
>Everyone is stunned and silent
>My first thought was "what are twin towers?"

I think we went home early but I don't remember.

youtube.com/watch?v=4mNpZmUrDJs

daddy used to punch-fuck my anus in the 90s and 00s...

Thinking about spiking myself with Ketamine to help cope with the depression lads.

Don't do it user. You can make it better.