Reasons to continue/not continue watching Gintama?

Reasons to continue/not continue watching Gintama?

26 episodes in and waiting for the spark to kick in. Or is there no spark to be found at all, Sup Forums? Is the massive circlejerk around this show on MAL just due to 12 year olds obsessing over another long-running shounen?

ill be blunt with you

the show is shit until episode 50, and if you started with episode 1 and 2 shit just seems confusing

show's fine post 50 though, imo

If your not enjoying it at that point then just drop it. Please don't fall for "it gets better at episode X" meme that Gintama fags spew constantly and with wildly varying numbers.

Is probably the best shit you will see posted in Sup Forums, shut up and watch it.

There are two kind of people who rate gintama, the ones who dropped it soon, and the ones who think is the best comedy series of all.
Not for Sup Forums begginers

pottery

Gintama is one of the biggest hit or miss shows around
The show is absolutely fantastic when/if it clicks but if it doesn't click then it's a damn shame
I say keep soldiering on, You might end up loving it

You have to look at it as a gag series satire first and keep it simple. It deviates from traditional model layouts and criticizes itself as well. It excels in dialogue and breaking the 4th wall rather than go with what's expected. When the expected happens; it's hard to take the characters seriously.

The show got good to me around episode 76; that arc from then on; gintama is crack up crazy hilarious. It takes s while to pick up; but you get the idea and builds up after introducing about a majority of all the recurring characters, the series gets crazy good after that and picks up speed.

>watches 26 episodes of something he doesn't enjoy

I kept watching it as a chore because a friend insisted it was good.

For me, it got good at the benizakura arc onward which is like episode 50 something.

In my old circle Gintama is a powerlevel measurer.

Newbie won't understand it, but so far most of the vet understand it and greatly enjoy it.

And oh, try to remove that edge before watching show like gintama, or it'll turn it into a waste of supposedly good experience.

It got good for me around episode 316. I watched all of it including the movies and specials.

You don't have to marathon it. I don't think waiting for it to click is a good mindset either. Just watch whenever you can and enjoy the ride.

I think it isn't clicking because you're actively waiting for it to.

Gintama and Reborn! are both series that have hit or miss moments with me. I like gag anime/manga just fine, but I like for things to change up a little every once in a while. I just finished season one of Reborn!, loved that they finally got a bit serious for the last few episodes where Tsuna had to man up and was thinking they'd stick with that going into the next season, but nope Tsuna's once more completely incompetent without Reborn there to shoot his ass only now they're in the next year of school.

Read the manga. The anime sucks at comedic timing.

OP pic related is the worst arc gintama ever made

I reccomend skip those arc.

If you're disappointed with KHR now, wait until you get to the ending.

To be honest I thought this episode alone was better than every episode before it combined.

You know the saying. Expectation breeds disappointment. It's absurd how many people still don't realize that overhyping something makes it less enjoyable.

316 episodes for it to get good!?!? I'm not gonna wait that long.

I dropped it at episode 8. I didn't really like it but I found some jokes funny.

This, if you didn't like the nabe episode you can drop it, you will never like it.

>For me, it got good at the benizakura arc onward
same here, and it keeps getting funnier

>Reasons to continue/not continue watching Gintama?
Oh, this thread again.

my tl;dr story:
>tried watching this for the first time almost a decade ago, 1st ep didn't catch me, so I dropped it.
>Just recently read that the first 2 episodes are filler, so I should skip 'em.
>Couple months ago decide to check the show again, starting with ep3
>first ~20-25 episodes are OK at best
>Soon after that... HOLY SHIT! THIS IS GREAT!

Finished all 7 seasons + movies + OVA not too long ago. The show evolves a great deal after its first two cours, and greatly benefits from getting dropped from prime-time airing slot.

The first 25 eps you've seen have been mere introduction and foreshadowing stuff. I'd say the ""re-cap episode"" () was a small appetizer of what's to come, but the soon to follow Umibozu mini-arc, and then soon following Cursed Sword arc, the first TRUE arc that was even adapted into a full movie later on, are the REAL start of the show.

Yes, there'll be ups and downs during the show, but it's very weird going back to the early episodes after 100+ episodes. The style and pacing is so vastly different.
And no, I've never used MAL. I get most of my anime info from here.

Literally the only good post ITT Don't fall for the it gets better meme.
I wasted my time watching 80 episodes and it never did.

That's just you being a faggot.
The show got miles better at Nabe-episode, at which point I personally started warming up to it. The Benizakura arc is such a stark contrast to everything before it, that the earlier episodes might just as well be from another show altogether.

The characters develop into their actual "characters" only after first season or so.

~130-250 are the best episodes, keep watching :^)

keep watching, it gets better after 100 episodes