Why are tsunderes so popular?

Why are tsunderes so popular?

They can be good if done right.

Because people like the gap of them being tough with moments of sweetness.

It's like how if you're really thirsty and it's hot outside you will appreciate a glass of cold water more than if you drink it while at room temperature.

>As with taming a wild animal, there is a sense of accomplishment that comes with gaining the trust, respect and affection of someone who initially didn't like you. This feeling is thus felt vicariously through the main character (or whomever) by the viewer. Also, in more dramatic cases, a tsundere giving in to their dere side becomes a uniquely cathartic experience, with an honest and straightfoward confession of their true feelings acting as a breath of fresh air, as if after a number of episodes/chapters (if not the entire series) the audience had collectively been holding its breath.

I like to be abused by girl who loves me. Maybe other thundere lovers like it too.

Because it deludes people into thinking "girls don't find me disgusting, they're just tsundere for me!"

That... makes... sense.

You are just a masochist.

Because they're the cutest archetype and cater specifically for otakus who given up on 3D but want to live that hard to get experience.

But that's wrong.
A tsundere character is a hard earned and loyal wife while other characters who are instantly won by you just being you are sluts who settled for you.

Every rose has it thorns.

/thread

Some Roses only have one big thorn

It's all about the powerful feeling of being rewarded for taming a tsundere. The harder the conquest, the greater the satisfaction. To get a peek at a girl's cute and sweet side is a treasure earned that becomes priceless.

I hate Tsunderes, but I think a proper anime or manga that would promote a general love interest should show it from the female's perspective as they have to balance the number of boys liking her, and how she chooses which ones she likes. Having her being just abusive becomes so tiresome as it seems that's the only measure for authors to show progress. Maybe I'm asking for the female to take on a more advancing role, rather just being changed in a reaction to the MC. But that's just me.

Even in an imaginary setting, projecting our insecurities in a relationship makes us feel better as a man and partner

Tsunderes are the most insecure you can get without making your character a worthless wimp

But maybe it's just me

also

A lot of this.

Because they have naturally high defense systems which means they won't be prone to infidelity.

Good reasoning
But Tohsaka Rin is shit! SHIT!

Thank you, Tohsaka-san. I understand now.

Embarrassed and flustered girls are cute.

Anime fagdom is full of betacucks, so it's only natural for tsundere characters to be popular.
If there's harm in the relationship then it is broken.
>Muh hard earned loyal wife
Crap, you're only a masochist who likes to be dominated.
>It's rewarding seeing her being tamed
No, an alpha wouldn't never be wasting his time on a girl that doesn't know what she wants.

Tsundere are typically very pure and of course are dere on the inside. They are the least likely to betray the person they love too. Nips are all about purity, waifu material, and genuine love so there we go.

Very good reasons here. But let me add that tsunderes create the feeling of being special/empowered because they give attention and affectionate to you that they don't share with anyone else.

Because most people have extremely shallow and uninspired tastes. Of course, that's not to say that a tsundere character can't be well-written, but the majority of the time they aren't. This series is but one of the many examples of the typical kind.

>No, an alpha wouldn't never be wasting his time on a girl that doesn't know what she wants.
Sounds like you just want a slut who'll put out for anyone. Or a waifubait moeblob who loves the MC for no reason.

The bait is strong in this one.

Here's a Kazuma for your efforts.

>It says what's wrong with me being a beta therefore it's bait

I bet you're a hajiderefag who's into doormats that require zero amount of work and effort and just want instant submissive girls lacking personalities.

Stupid neneposter, I'll break down why it's bait.
>>Muh hard earned loyal wife
>Crap, you're only a masochist who likes to be dominated.
>No, an alpha wouldn't never be wasting his time on a girl that doesn't know what she wants.
There's no counter argument or factual evidence of anything he said, it's really just an insult in the form of an opinion.

Come on. You can bait better than that.

Because people with no real life experience romance the idea of having to convert/win a girl, when it's a fucking chore and if the tsun part lasts too long then it's just the girl being a bitch.

When I started anime, I used to hate tsundere, now that I've been at it for years and years, this is literally my favourite trope, what the fuck happened to me.

>hajidere
Now that's one archetype that absolutely panders to betafags.

You're not a fucking Peacock, working hard for a fussy female is a waste of time. Best girls are always the ones who are dere and loyal without having to put any effort in. They're not sluts because you nab them while they are still virgins and marry the shit out of them ASAP.

You acquired good taste.

>dere right away for no reason
Boring and shallow as fuck.

But you're assuming all tsunderes are the ones who just like making the chase extremely difficult.

I still like Rei more though.

If you feel insulted then he's right, you're just a beta and that's it, accept it.

I take that back. Your taste is awful.

It's just feels really cathartic to watch them open to the MC after all the development that they went through.

>Implying tsundere are deep characters
Only deep thing has to be their pussy

Because flirting through insults is realistic

But I'm not insulted. I was calling what it was. A "counter argument' that is basically "you're a masochist hurr durr."

>Best girls are always the ones who are dere and loyal without having to put any effort in
Lazy betas, baka.

There's a reason why tsundere, kuudere, and dandere are most popular and primary deres in which most other deres derived from. Otoh, pure dere is one of the least popular and make for boring romance stories. A pure dere girl can hardly produce plot to generate character development.

Just noticed I misquoted. See

>Best girls are always the ones who are dere and loyal without having to put any effort in.
Kurisu >>> mayuri proves you wrong.

Also, Emi, Chitoge, Kirino and Kuroneko (both are best girls) versus their Chiho, Kosaki, and Manami counterparts proves you wrong too.

>2016
>not being able to appreciate the heartwarming cuteness of tsundere

The contrast between public coldness & hostility and private warmth & love makes my heart swell. The strength of character they typically exhibit is very attractive as well.

Tsunderes are only better once they admit they love publicly and continue to do so.

>marry the shit out of them
I'm confused as to whether this is romantic or not.

That love is still limited to their partner though. I just find it really sweet when a tsundere only lets their partner see their vulnerabilities and insecurities. It makes their love feel all the more special and intense.

Yami a cute!

They're the main girl 90% of the time, so they get the most attention by default. If people find the main girl to be shit, chances are they'll be avoiding the series as a whole, so she'll come off as being popular among those who didn't insta-drop the series due to the generic and predictable main girl.

t-that makes sense, baka!

I like Tsunderes because they are interesting. They have layers. They are prickly on the outside and warm on the inside. Inside they could be a shy little girl who only wants to be loved, but hides her heart from the cruel harsh world and projects an attitude as protection. Many of them have a pride that doesn't allow them to admit that they feel something that makes them vulnerable like love does. They take some time to understand and once you understand them, they are all the more cute.

Considering it appeals to those who are man enough to protect them, not really. Enduring abuse in hopes of perhaps getting rewarded some time is as beta as it gets.

They're cute when they get depressed.

They are the complete opposite of real women who are deretsun.

Why are Tsunshuns so rare?

Because it's a made-up type.

Ririchiyo-sama is THE tsunshun. I do wish there was more, from so far I haven't seen another.

Except it's not. It's out there in official capacity from a published work.

Isn't that what this
Is?

I haven't read that manga before, but judging from that scan she does sound like one.

But she was given the name Azami by her husband, so she has to be tsundere, because only tsundere girls are named after thorny plants.

Tsunshun are prickly too. The only difference is shun (depression) instead of straightforward dere. Tsunshun also have dere though as they eventually fall in love all the same.

But that's wrong, you fuck

Autistic people like autistic characters

>prefers submissive girls that require no effort to get
>thinks he has the right to call anyone beta

What dere is Ikaros?

Seems emotionless yandere to me

dumbdere

My fellow floormat loving denizen.

Trigger the masculine juvenile desire to conquer things. Once one grows up and matures out of that the Tsundere loses its charm.

That's weird. It usually happens in reverse. Newfags love Tsunderes but then grow out if them as they get more experience.

because people are broken. if a women isn't treating them like shit they don't understand the women at all.

its the cloud of fucking autism

>your favorit dere is meme tier and nobody but you cares about it because the only serise that have anime adoptations are bad

Being a yanfag is suffering

>The harder the conquest, the greater the satisfaction
I see.

>Doesn't know what a tsundere is

because people are cucks.

Meant to quote

Speak for yourself. I'm almost 30 and I love tsundere more than ever. Gained wisdom and maturity allows me to appreciate than more compared to when when I was a lot younger. Patience, understanding, and compassion are needed to truly value them.

If you haven't noticed, there are a significant number of creators (authors, artists, etc) in Japan who are middle-aged or older and creates works involving tsundere. Creators such as Nasu, Komi, Takahashi Masaki Hata, Ken, Anno, and so on. Anno even made Asuka more tsundere in the movies as he prefers it that way compared to her older version that muddles the line.

>easier to self insert

I am honestly feed up of this shitty over used gag but is what we got.

The harsher the tsun, the sweeter the dere.

Why did you post a girl who loses her entire tsun in the first episode and whose appeal has nothing to do with the discussed archetype?

At least use an actual tsundere like Shana. Or Mikoto, if you just want shitposting.

>If you haven't noticed, there are a significant number of creators (authors, artists, etc) in Japan who are middle-aged or older and creates works involving tsundere. Creators such as Nasu, Komi, Takahashi Masaki Hata, Ken, Anno, and so on. Anno even made Asuka more tsundere in the movies as he prefers it that way compared to her older version that muddles the line
That's because they learned young people likes them more and it translates in more sales. It's a marketing move, user.

That's just your assumption, not facts. You have no basis for what you're claiming unless you can show persuasive statistics that contrast youths in Japan to older age groups.

Because people are fucking stupid and like cliches and boring stereotypes in their characters.

You should start by posting an actual popular tsundere and not a joke of a main girl like Lisha who isn't even top 5 in popularity in her own damn series.

/thread

You ever heard of Battered Woman Syndrome, user? Tsunderes is the 2D version of such for men. So it's Sup Forums battered man syndrome.

Tsunderes are God's gift to mankind.

Literally here.

Not OP, but you're wrong.

Wise words.

Because they're almost always best girls and boys.

QFT.

Huh who's the 8th one?