Orchestr/a/ Emergency Recruitment Thread

Hi Sup Forums, Orchestr/a/ here. We've been pumping out your favourite mongolian animation theme songs for over 2 years, but recently our crack team of professional musicians has been a little lacking in numbers. We need your help.

We very desperately need arrangers, mixers, trumpets, all low brass, all strings, flute, aux. percussion, and everything else we pretty much also need but not as desperately.

We need you. I'm serious, even if you think you suck, we're a lot better off with you than without you. Those of you who've walked in and seen many people already taking a part you wanted to play, I guarantee that won't happen anymore considering the amount of people we have right now. Those of you who were with us previously at some point, please come back.

And Orchestr/a/ members don't shitpost/drama in this thread, you fucking faggots. You're scaring people off, I'm warning you.

FAQ: pastebin.com/GEsC6yuq

Join us at: jibunwooo.com

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/igdnin.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6yF7Kh4DY
youtube.com/watch?v=ynux46-MhSY
youtube.com/c/syncfag
mediafire.com/folder/x901rwoqeto2x/Test_Mix
youtube.com/watch?v=-wiRivDMIYM
mediafire.com/folder/e2j8x6zxyq8c3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw I don't have my cello with me on campus
>tfw nowhere to record in peace at home
A bump for you, and godspeed

>orchestr/a/ is kill

Dedchestr/a/ is nothing new. We have periods of inactivity with bursts of productivity here and there, but we've always managed to pull through in time for the album.

Can't survive past season 2, just like your favorite anime.

>just like your favorite anime.
You always know how to say the things that hurt me most, Anonymous.

Let's not be too sure about that, this is the slowest period to date since the forming of the project.

Implying my favorite anime got a season 2

>play bari sax
>want to help
>sax is away getting repaired
Damn. Hope I'll have it back soon. This is why you shouldn't let your little relatives no where near expensive instruments.

Since nothing is going on in this thread anyway, I might as well dump some related stuff.
If you like gochiusa please considering taking a part: a.pomf.cat/igdnin.mp3

this looks like fun, but my flute is old and shitty

This looks interesting, how do you join?

We have a sax that sounds like a clarinet, you'll be fine. Our flute is barely recording anyway

Read FAQ, go to the pad.

Four weeks of rough anal followed by a week of sauerkraut binging. And only then can you begin the trials to join.

Good luck finding more people.

I played Clarinet in middle school and now it rots away inside it's case which is being used to hold open a window

I could record some drum parts if you need that kind of percussion.

How do you pick what songs to play

The arrangers pick whatever they like because if there's no proper arrangement it's harder to make stuff.

hahaha ebin :-DDDD

Fuck off Elliot Rodger you god damn used qtip

In case you haven't heard our previous work, here are our first and second albums:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6yF7Kh4DY
youtube.com/watch?v=ynux46-MhSY

More mixes going on our next album can be found on our YouTube channel:
youtube.com/c/syncfag

Here are some almost finished test mixes that have been waiting for parts for months to serve as motivation.

mediafire.com/folder/x901rwoqeto2x/Test_Mix

what does saratoga play?

sweet, now we wait.

Would love to play strings for an arrangement of yuri on ice ( the free skate track). If anyone arranges that I'll be on it like hot sauce. It actually makes me want to learn how to play piano.

How hard is it compared to violin anyway

Comparatively easy to pick up, hard to master

She plays the dick just like the rest of 'em

I'll check out my old alto sax while I'm visiting family for Thanksgiving. I haven't played since high school and think it had some issues, but if it's playable, I'll grab some reeds and see if I can help out with something.

I'm a drumfag but I don't watch anime aside from idolshit. I wrote a tab for the LLS!! ED and recorded the drum part too. Anyone else interested in doing this song?

You should consider watching more anime. You should also consider recording some parts for us.

Sure.

I have the hardest art boner right now.

>We very desperately need arrangers, mixers, trumpets, all low brass, all strings, flute, aux. percussion
I have an electric gitah.

I started learning piano on my own a few months ago. I'm looking through the list to see what I can do and I notice that there's 'piano' and 'e-piano'. Is an electric piano acceptable for parts that say 'piano'? I think it sounds just like an acoustic one but I don't know.

Yeah, it should be fine.

Electric piano refers to the actual sound, not the instrument itself. If you have an electric piano with a grand piano setting, that would be an acceptable substitute for a real piano.

Cool, I just wanted to be clear about it.

Okie I'll give it a shot

Do you need a clarinet?

Sure. Any and all are welcome.

needs more gunslinger girls

yey

Me on the left

She's holding the sax correctly! I don't know how many illustrations of WW's I've seen that have the hands in the wrong places.

No way can a squeezebox or a washboard be heard over the noise of bagpipes.

Maybe you should squeeze harder.

I'll bite. I am a Woodwind. I have a clarinet, bass clarinet, Oboe, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, and bassoon all at my disposal.

>bass clarinet
>bassoon

If anything, I can mix some stuff.

Yes please.

I play trombone. I really want to join but I keep getting distracted sorry. What songs do you need me on (I was interested in Tank and Romantic Summer)

Record whichever song you want, there's a [wip] list with all the needed parts.

What do you use to open .sib files?

Sibelius

Tuba here, I've been really tired lately, but I'll see what I can do. Normally I could arrange too, but that'd be too much

Tuba here, I've been really tired lately, but I'll see what I can do. Normally I could arrange too, but that'd be too much

Uh okay, get on the pad.

I might have an old trumpet at my parents' place, will see if I can grab it when I'm there for thanksgiving

Hi moral

I'm practicing right now and all I have to do is perfect it and figure out how to get it on my computer to submit it. If I can figure it out I might be able to contribute in a few days.

mm yes I do say

I can play jazz hands, if you need anymore anons.

drop by the pad, though most of us are already asleep

Tell me the history of this picture.

Flugelhorn player here, I'll see what I can do. If you uncultured swines don't know what that is, basically a trumpet(same pitch and height), but warmer and softer than trumpets.

Producer and cellist reporting.

>drama

What drama?

We're rehearsing a play for the cultural festival!

youtube.com/watch?v=-wiRivDMIYM

This might be relevant.

Uh

Y'all need a Bodhran for anything I guess?

Depends, are you still mad about kumamiko?

I'm afraid I haven't seen it.

Does it feature Bodhrans?

No but the ED is an arrangement where we accept any joke percussion.

I have a kazoo and a recorder if you need one of those.

Well I'm in, I'll take any excuse to play the thing.

What the fuck do I do

mediafire.com/folder/e2j8x6zxyq8c3
Take either the bongo or the bass drum part I guess, then you can drop the recording in the pad. Read the FAQ for any additional information.

Righto. Never played Bodhran off of sheet music before but I used to play other instruments for grownups so I'm sure I can figure it out. Probably can't record until later tonight when the traffic outside dies down.

Bump.

Different user here, I have an old darbuka lying around if you need more meme percussion.
Can also record electric guitar stuff, but I don't have access to my usual equipment so I'd have to get some amp simulator setup going. I also technically own a classical guitar, but can't do any fingerpicking stuff.

I've got a cello that I might be able to play. How hard are the parts? Are we talking high-school concert orchestra tier? Because that's about when I stopped.

Depends on the song, some are elementary school level, some have paganini tier shit.

Get on the pad

i'd be down to play trumpet if this were a face to face band thing. recording alone with no interaction sucks.

i'll see if i can convince some friends to play with me. we would each record individually of course, but rehearse together to really get a feel for each piece. no promises though.

You're (you are) waifu a shit

Quite rude honestly moral

Too bad because there's nothing we can do about that.
You really don't have to worry too much about musicality though, just play the written part however you interpret it.