I just finished reading Billy Bat. I feel like this was a lot better than Monster. And on par with 20th Century Boys

I just finished reading Billy Bat. I feel like this was a lot better than Monster. And on par with 20th Century Boys.
But holy fuck, the timeskips were kinda annoying.
What did Sup Forumsnons think of this? Would you consider this as one of Naoki Urasawa's better works?

Also, this manga really made me wanna draw something of my own. Too bad I'm shit in drawing.

From what I've read, I don't like it as much as either Monster or 20th.

I dropped it halfway because the conspiracies were getting too insane and I wasn't sure urasawa knew where he's going with it.
Does it tie up nicely at the end? I may give it another shot.

20th century boy was a lot better than monster though, that I could get behind.

Yeah, You could say it does tie up nicely at the end. It's a lot more "hopeful" despite the bleak future Urasawa presented

Its terrible. The ending is completely shit like Urasawas other works

>not liking crazy ass conspiracy theories

I hate Urasawa Naoki because his manga endings are terrible.
He admits it himself. He is not good at endings.And yet he continues to write manga with endings.

C'mon it wasn't THAT bad. What the fuck were you expecting?

Well, at least his mangos do have endings. Better than going on forever, or worse, being dropped and having no endings at all.

>And yet he continues to write manga with endings.
So he should just keep writing?

What?

You say he keeps writing mangas with endings. So you want him to keep on writing that has no ending?

I wonder what he'll do next.
I kinda want something in a historical setting I think. I mean an earlier time, not the 60s or something.

So long as he doesn't timeskips to the present and then to the future,

It was good for quite a while, but goes off the rails and becomes shitty towards the end.

>it wasn't THAT bad

It was a fucking mess.

Those timeskips near the end completely threw the story off.

It was as if he got bored and wanted to rush the ending asap.

I loved this in Monster and 20th CB though. I am kinda a sucker for these things, but rather when they are character related, not when it's about completely different people and time periods.
At least it was a kinda unused setting for manga. Haven't finished BB yet though so no idea what I'll think about the end. There were many aspects that I liked but I could never get used to this comically bat villain and hero. I think it would have been way better if those two principles were something more obscure and serious.

I'll agree with the time skips.
To be honest, it should've ended way earlier than before.

The characters in BB is connected even with the time skips, but it passes through generations.

So what are these bats? Did they always exist since the beginning of humanity? Or the universe? Are they above anything that's human or are they some kind of incarnate hivemind for the moral and destructive feelings humanity had over the ages?

Top 5 manga of all time for me, at least what I've read.

Goddamn. I haven't finished it though, I got caught up to what had been released at the time and forgot to go back. Now's as good a time as any.

>Top 5 manga of all time for me, at least what I've read.
>at least what I've read.
Which is what, 20 manga total? It's not even top five Urasawa.

I meant what I've read of Billy Bat, faggot

It's better than Pluto and 20th Century Boys

People that complain about the ending and timeskip at least understand what the story was about?