Outlaw Star

How many of you wanted to traverse space in a ship with giant fucking arms, meet all sorts of crazy characters like a retarded catgirl or a muff-diving assassin, while trying to find the galaxy's greatest hidden treasure?

Are you just gonna keep running away?!

Is MC a wimp, or badass in this?

I did.

Now, I spend 12 hour days distilling liquid oxygen for rocket fuel.

Maybe some other generation will have a shot.

Sequel never

The latter.

Is the BD just an upscale?

He's basically what Sup Forums and /r9k/ might consider to be a "Chad" but is also a nice person. Also he was my first husbando.

I don't think it is. After watching it, it seemed to be pretty nice looking.

He's cool, he has a neat gun

He's more realistic in that he has a harem of girls falling for him over being a hot cool Chad instead of a sniveling twerp.

He also rapes a girl and she doesn't get all that upset.

>tfw you wanted to fuck Aisha in the ass

I salute you user, at least you're doing something toward the dream.

He plows her right?

In the manga he does.

Yes. No idea why though. He's pretty hot but his little tantrum during take off was very unattractive.

What happen to the author after the series ends?

did outlaw star get the best rerelease of any pre-digital anime?

because after freaking out about space, he takes charge.

Hilda needed the D after so long on the run.

wimp

Came for the caster, stayed for the sexy immortal Ctarl-Ctarl.

I always thought Gene was extremely hot. Those should. Unf. Definitely one of the sexiest men ever in anime.

>retarded catgirl
She'd thrash your shit m8

He was pretty badass. He knew when to run the fuck away or try to be a gentleman. Wish he would have wished for more than a haircut at the galactic leyline, though.

S3 never ever.

Everyone who didn't is underage and/or a colossal faggot.

Nice digits. Still Outlaw Star is like a kiddie version of Cowboy Bebop. Only a child would unironically enjoy it.

Now that I think about it, I'd probably pick the Orta Hone Hone over the Outlaw Star. Looks chill as fuck and comes with catgirls.

Once a boy becomes an adult, he can no longer go back to being a boy.
The boy is now a man.
Only one thing can be said; a boy has the right to dream, for those endless possibilities are stretched out before him.
We must remember, all men were once boys.

>a muff-diving assassin

Shizuka wasn't a lesbian was she?

>He also rapes a girl and she doesn't get all that upset.

When was this? I have to rewatch.

>Shizuka wasn't a lesbian was she?
Not a shred of evidence for that in the anime.

>When was this?
He never did. Worst he did was grope a girl.

Gene never raped anyone. The bitches come to him.

Isn't Gene less of a "Chad" and more of a dude trying to look cool that occasionally succeeds?

Is the dub good?

I don't remember.

It was ok.

Yes. It's not amazing, but neither is the original.

Outlaw star was crap.

Gene is a shitty Mary Sue.
only good character was Aisha.

>Mary Sue
I don't think you know what that term means. He's sleazy as hell and full of flaws that screw him over.

>only good character was Aisha

>that episode with Jim and the cat girl

That gave me feelings that I didn't ever want to feel again.

>that flower he gave her floating in space at the end

They're both sci-fi, but that's where the similarities end. Your analysis is as shitty as your opinion.

Gene, Jim, and Aisha's voices are spot-on. The rest is acceptable.

Probably. It's BD is just gorgeous, like they took a lot of time to get the color balance perfect and do a lot of debris clean up. Being that it's only from 1998, the materials were probably stored really well. From 1998 to 2001, there's only so many anime left that would be 35mm. We've yet to see what Betterman or Crest of the Stars would look like.

Hnnnng. You know she lifts.

Is there a list of 35mm anime that have gotten BD releases? It always seems like most only got 35mm for the openings.

I would assume most OVAs and movies as a given, but the rest you can kind of tell by the fineness grain structure. Noir and Lodoss were said to be 35mm in their BD press statements. Beyond that, different quality film stock would also result in how well an image was captured. That's some shit we don't know but would be fun to learn.

>Lodoss
maybe? hard to tell for me

It's 35mm, it might just be a shitty film stock.

She's ferocious bitch.

Is she apex?

Just downloaded to check and it seems like some parts are definitely 15mm, but some are definitely 35.

Chad doesn't puke in spaceships.

Gene going from small-planet redneck who thinks he's a tough guy to a relatively mature, mellow experienced adventurer by the end was neat to watch. Some of the best protagonist character development in TV anime.

ARE YOU JUST GOING TO KEEP RUNNING AWAY?

Just keep running away?
I'm not running.

This episode, THIS FUCKING EPISODE! Why!?

It was good for the first 4 episodes.