Saigon 1975, why did victorious Americans leave Nam?

I thought Americans weren’t defeated in Nam, so why ditch helis in haste while leaving?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zWN6XGUAhZU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I thought Americans weren’t defeated in Nam
hallo sonderschüler

>be winning war
>cost of winning is greater than prize
>pull out

Now you know; in war no one wins.

>Now you know; in war no one wins.
Except for weapons manufacturers and all other guys involved in the military-industrial complex. Nowadays, war is not about winning or conquering territory, it's about making profit.

Did Vietnam take any American territory?

If no then its not really a defeat is it?

spoken like a true german

vietnam was prolonged so that the government could continue to buy helicopters from their friends in the private sector
we left because public sentiment turned too harshly against a prolonged conflict.
if our leaders weren't preoccupied with milking a conflict for $$$ we could have flattened the whole of vietnam/cambodia/laos/thailand

Because they were evacuating the embassy as the North Vietnam communists overran Saigon and the people at the embassy were trying to get as many South Vietnamese who had ties to embassy staff out before the invaders reached it. They ran out of room on the ship to land so pushed landed helicopters overboard.

People were trying to flee for good reason as we now know everyone who was left behind and reported to the communists for "re-education" were imprisoned, tortured and murdered.
There's a good documentary on Netflix called Last Days In Vietnam that runs through it all.

>victorious

We're in the same boat my friend.

Helicopters and planes were ditched because we already had newer models ready back home. They didn't want to sell them off so basically cheapest at that point to just throw them overboard

so after killing nearly all their people, burning down all their crops, towns and forrests, we lost because we didn't just nuke the rest of the shithole? I agree we should have nuked them but i wouldnt count it as a loss. killing niggers is always a net gain for the world

>we will stop viets from becoming commies
>throw lives at it
>viets become commies
>w-we didn't lose

this

they had multiple people (south viet and american) coming in by helicopters and planes. They had to push them overboard because the deck was only big enough for one helicopter to land at a time.

see
youtube.com/watch?v=zWN6XGUAhZU

>half the country or more still lives in extreme poverty , literally never seen a toilet or running water

Victorious af m8

We ditched military equipment so we could fit more South Vietnamese on our boats.
I know some old Vietnamese people back home who were aboard that ship.
We threw away millions in equipment to save some of our friends.

>bomb gooks to peace table
>tell them to sign or the bombs will start falling again
>they sign

Dont see no defeat here.

>tell them to sign humiliating for US treaty
>Dont see no defeat here.

>thinking you've ever seen America take a war seriously