Is he still going to be an idiot in the Funimation dub?

Is he still going to be an idiot in the Funimation dub?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Schemmel
youtube.com/watch?v=h48Ru0-RJII
youtube.com/watch?v=UFPGj5yZ-40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who cares? Funimation dub is for faggots.

I can't stand his voice in Japanese. He sounds like a child.

Plus there's just ten times more emotion in the Bruce Falconer/Sean Schemmel+Christopher Sabat dub.

(and the nostalgia)

>ten times more emotion
0 x 0 is still 0, user.

Everything past original Dragon Ball has the emotional expressiveness of a screaming, autistic rock.

but rocks can't scream..

Dubs thread

And that's why rocks > DBZ
>/thread/

Why do american fans want Goku to be a superhero?

read the damn comic, he was always an insensitive idiot. He thought marriage was at type of food until he was an adult.

Funimation is going to spend most of their time rewriting and editing this trainwreck.
Think they're going to use the trashcan shit that was aired for the tarded little japanese kids?
Fuck no, they're going to demand the "fixed" blu-ray stuff and be given cate blanche to get this shit repaired.

How can they fix Goku forgetting the Sensu Beans and the seal for the Mafūba jar?

That seems so idiotic that Sean Schemmel wouldn't agree to it.

If I was Sean, I'd just say "fuck it, I'm glad I'm doing something", especially since Goku and some incidental characters are the only roles I can recall him voicing offhand.

Decent actors have done far, far worse than this (shockingly), so I myself wouldn't see a problem with him doing it. Even in his shoes, I'd just be happy if I got a fat paycheck.

Feels good when dubs reply to dubs.

Wrong, user.
His career is doing fine.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Schemmel

>used to love Masako Nozawa as Goku
>Super made me hate her voice
Everytime she goes DADADADADA when Goku's attacking makes my ears bleed

But her Black was so fucking good

guy everybody knows he is not that smart but super has turned him into a retard and the English va sounds way better

youtube.com/watch?v=h48Ru0-RJII

A lot of fuss is made about whether Goku's Original or Dub voice is better.
I personally am quite fond of Beerus's dub voice.

>Why do american fans want Goku to be a superhero?
That was in the original English dub. Kai was closer to the original script and Sean was great in BoG and FnF.

Why everbody in DBS goes DADADADA?
HnK/Jojo reference or just autism?

Toei has never been able to capture characters in filler.
Same shit with One Piece and Sailor Moon where the characters instantly get dumbed down into their most basic characteristics as soon as Toei's in charge of writing.

Son-Goku is borderline abridged retarded in Super and he's not that fucking dumb.

He's always been an idiot, why would that change now

You're a long cat

Goku from Abridged Series is still smarter than Goku from the original series.

because muh supperman

agreed

There is a limit on how much efiting they can do because at the end of the day the characters ' actions speak for them. Super is shit in the moonie dub, they can't turn that into a gem.

Yes, because the dub will be like Kai: accurate. Sorry Funifags, it's time to upgrade to the superior Kai!

If anything super is closer to his orignial personality in Dragon ball.

Except it's been 20+ years and he has no reason to be this stupid.

Kai Dub Goku a best. Sean and the writers and directors finally get it.

and most of his stupidity stemmed from the fact he was living alone in the mountains for the first decade and change of his life.

he slowly got smarter and more used to the world as he traveled it and grew older. That's why when chichi reminded him of the promise when they were both grown, he was like "wow fuck i did do that, im sorry. but a promise is a promise".

super goku would STILL be like "so what kind of food is this marriage thing anyways?"

He's an annoying, childish, moron.

>"DADADADADA!"
>Always asking to fight someone.
>Doesn't take no for an answer.

Never kissed his wife, despite fucking a baby in to her.

and so it shall be

He got dropped on his head as a kid.
In real life, there have been plenty of cases where such an injury is never recovered from.
It's not unreasonable that Goku's head injury left him permanently mentally debilitated.

Kissing is a strange act, in all honesty. It derives primarily from social cues.
Fucking is a much more basic natural instinct.

>her Black is just Goku's voice delivered normally, but in a tone that makes him sound alien and sinister
>Sean's is incredibly over the top and doesn't really sound like the voice we've grown familiar with

Hopefully he improves his take on it before Super's dub a little.

Apes kiss each other all the time user.

And animals that don't kiss still fuck.

As another Nozawa fan, I agree completely. She used to do much better angry screams than what we got recently.

youtube.com/watch?v=UFPGj5yZ-40

To be fair, she is 80ish at this point

But her performance as Black shows that she still has it, it's just a direction issue.

I hope they continue with their characterization over Toei's. Super's Goku is a bastardization anyway.

Says the child who can't speak or understand Japanese.

Does it really matter? Vegeta always beats Goku in their fights anyway.

Wanting it to be accurate instead of good?

Look at what happened to the MG series when Kojima INSISTED on it being 100% accurate.

Funi is going to all but rewrite fucking everything from the ground up. God I even hope they do a special ending of the Trunks arc where blackmassu becomes a janemba tier villian and they retcon something about zamasu forcing the potaro earrings to stop working because of bullshit god powers.

Dude, goku was a bit of a violent murderous dick as a kid. As an adult he's just fucking retarded.