Top general says he would disobey order from POTUS

>general admits he would disobey an order
How isn't he court martialed already?
cnn.com/2017/11/18/politics/air-force-general-john-hyten-nuclear-strike-donald-trump/index.html

Explain "illegal" in this usage.

As I recall the military takes an oath not to follow an unconstitutional order. So.... of course he should say that.

Because saying you wouldn’t do something illegal is not a court martialable offense you fucking retard.

Clearly doesn't understand how the chain of command works

>unconstitutional
I don't remember reading anything about nukes in the Constitution

How could an order from the commander in chief to nuke something be illegal?

Archive CNN links.

>illegal
You mean like disobey an order from your commander?

Flumpftards BTFO

You orange tiny hands retard has no power

Because it violates domestic and international law.

Well, that's largely because you've never read it.

This. It is a nothing statement. If trump said "fuck afghanistan, it's too hard, let's just glass it," the general can refuse.

>domestic
No
>international
Who gives a shit. We defy the UN all the time

Which laws are those?

Are they still using the "cant let drumpf get the nuclear codes" tactic?

>Quick General, we have 3 minutes to launch our retaliatory strike before we get him
>Hang on, I'm logging into Lexis Nexis

What if trump says to nuke new york and cali?

You support the general following that order?

That is not illegal if the order violates domestic or international law. An order to drop a nuke on a country as a baseless pre-emptive strike, before exhausting reasonable diplomatic actions, or with the intention of targeting civilians and not strategic military targets violates international agreements and should be refused.

*hit

>international law
Your silly; you forget the only country that could come close to punishing us is China

Does he think he is unexpendable? If a soldiers disobeys an order he gets arrested by the MP and the next person in the chain of command assumes the power.

>international
and?

>Trumplets itt saying Trump should nuke nations as he pleases
>Trumplets claim they voted for Trump because he is an isolationist non interventionist

Trumplets are brainlets

We'll it would mean democrats would never win an election ever again so yea why not?

>As I recall the military takes an oath not to follow an unconstitutional order. So.... of course he should say that.

They take an oath to 'Defend and Protect' the Constitution. There is nothing about interpreting the validity of orders given by the CnC.

This guy should be fired.

Especially.

it says he would disobey an illegal order, which theres nothing wrong with... unless the general has his own definition of "illegal" which in that case he needs to have a long chat with his superiors.

>They take an oath to 'Defend and Protect' the Constitution. There is nothing about interpreting the validity of orders given by the CnC.

Well violating the constitution is certainly not defending it.

What is with the military being so cucked these days? First it was faggot kike talking about racism, then it was them letting the mentally ill enlist, now this shit.

>Does he think he is unexpendable?
Yeah, I would love to see Trump going after his top army generals, he should remove them all since they are not needed, he's the only one that matters. There should be just soldiers and their commanders the god himself Trump

Probably meant to say "undocumented death command"

>reporter gets a quote from Gen. Saying he would resist doing something illegal
>media runs with let Drumpf unfit for the duration of the news cycle

>We asked the general a loaded question, and all drumpftards want him dead!

CNN is still just as powerful as ever

If bitches violate the NAP, they better get snapped.

He takes an oath to follow, "Lawful orders." Verbatim. So yeah, not all orders should be followed.

You either do as you're told or you GTFO and get punished. Simple

Of course, any non-faggot would gladly nuke fucking Jew York and Commiefornia

Why is Jen Bush larping as a top general?

>What is with the military being so cucked
t. braveheart gaymer

8 years of obama gutting any flag officer who has any balls, thats what happened

>drumfp has unlimited power

Amerimutts are fucking disgusting.

Makes sense.

>Simple
Just like your mind, Alberto

>lawful orders
No they don't retard. Half the stuff they do overseas is illegal here

Isn't there some long running scandal involving around 60 Admirals from the Navy?

I didn't think the POTUS even had to go through the general to lob one of those retards.
Isn't that what the fucking football is for?

What a misleading title
CNN is pathetic

For fuck sake, this is a PR comment.

Do you idiots realize that the president has full rights and privliges to retaliate against any country with means of WMD's in the face of a country looking to attack us with WMD's. The general would be held in contempt and removed the moment he impeded the commander in chief's commands if we only had a limited number to react. We cannot afford to fucking underestimate our adversaries when their are missiles in the air.

He would be stripped of rank, and thrown in a military prison for not only endangering a large number of Americans during a possible nuclear exchange, he would be discharged dishonorably and spend the rest of his life in a military prison for directly defying a critical order for the top itself. STRATCOM has no jurisdiction to block the president during a retaliation attack if the means justify the premis, which they always would if nukes were in play. Its fucking stupid how you shilltards believe that the president would need approval from congress to launch nukes back at the Russians within 20 minutes before being turned to ash before 2 senators or congressmen could agree on anything in this day and age.

Attacking us in anyway shape or form with a nuclear weapon, is grounds for the legitimacy for a retaliation with nuclear weapons. It suspends any jurisdiction the war powers act has over the commander in chief for obvious reasons.

What about legal nuclear-strike orders?

Listen you fucking faggots in the military we are allowed to ignore illegal orders. Basically your commanding officer can't tell you to murder all the babies in a village. The UCMJ dictates what is and what is not an illegal order. This guy isn't saying anything anti trump he's just stating a fact.

it sounds like a case of weasel words. its like if somebody asked the general what he would do about Trump ordering him to genocide jews.

the headline would be "general says he would push back against "illegal" Trump order to genocide the jews."

its advanced "have you stopped beating your wife lately?"

Lol even the military is against drumpf. 2018 can't come soon enough...

You're retarded

>all these civilian morons in this thread

>international law
LOL OH NO

>every missleman and woman now has to interpret individually whether or not their orders are morally and legally okay....

Guess who's really the retard here. you fell for obvious fucking shillbait from CNN, this is a PR comment. Its a fucking "IF THEN" scenario. The Air force is in fucking shambles, Trump knows all hes trying to do is recruit a few idiots.

Yea he can
Kids and women get shot all the time
Google Iraq. It's all perfectly legal. They don't know whether the kids approaching their base have a bomb so they most of the time shoot them

its in the same paragraph as muskets, right?

>Thinks donald basically has king-levels of authority
>everyone who disagrees with me in any way is a shill

the fuckin state of Sup Forums lol

Fat Leonard scandal is what you are thinking of.

Yes.

Not really. That kind of shit is just blown out of proportion by Hollywood. If you're going to kill a kid you've got to be a little more subtle about it.

Yea it does. One of my buddies was in Iraq. He was given the order to shoot kids who wouldn't stop when approaching.

Except he literally said if he was given the nuclear option the conduct would be to flesh out any other option away from a nuclear strike WHICH IS THE ENTIRE FUCKING POINT OF HIS JOB!
Holy shit reactionaries are fucking retarded.

Explain how one "violates" the constitution and which article would form your basis for saying Trump is violating the constitution by giving an order he feels necessary to nuke some shit hole.

the "disobey illegal orders" thing is for military to military, i highly doubt that the last resort of the US is also concerned with the emotions and virtue signalling of some alternate reality Jeb Bush

Part of Jewish media conspiracy to subvert the military chain of command and make us look weak to our enemies. Incredible given that we may need a nuclear counter-strike against NK.

How are these Jews allowed to subvert us like this?

The day of the rake is coming soon

The day of you getting raped by a big african bull is also coming soon you stupid fuck

>He forgot about his masters in Israel

how would it be illegal?

let's guess. he said something along the lines of 'offering an alternative measure' and all the media twists it for the headlines

>Because saying you wouldn’t do something illegal is not a court martialable offense you fucking retard.

But its not illegal for the President to order an attack

Is he one of those Obama appointed toadies?

The article of "muh feels"

TBF this is obviously in a city. Never GP to one of those, tis a silly place

Refer to my example here:What do you recommend the general does?

"I provide advice to the President," Hyten said. "He'll tell me what to do, and if it's illegal, guess what's going to happen? I'm gonna say, 'Mr. President, that's illegal.' Guess what he's going to do? He's going to say, 'What would be legal?' And we'll come up with options of a mix of capabilities to respond to whatever the situation is, and that's the way it works. It's not that complicated.

Sounds like he's an idiot that got baited into a soundbyte by some fake news.

Don't you have some state mandated cock sucking to do to combat homophobia?

That's not a serious example so you're not going to get a serious response.

Is it impossible for the president to ask for that?

Or is it just too obvious that the general shouldn't do it?

>One of my buddies told me a story
Let me tell you how it actually works

>Guy approaching on foot in the daylight
>Point guns at him "hey nigga go away!"
>"Durka Durka!"
>Make shooing hand signals, point guns, tell him to fuck off
>"Durka Durka!"
>Fuck it must be important, call up SOG to send the terp
>Terp comes like 10 minutes later
>Guy's wants to talk to his cousin who works on the base
>Throw a water bottle at him and tell him to fuck off
>He fucks off
>Most interesting thing that happens all day
>Smoke 2 packs of pine lights and drink 5 rip its

Is it impossible for the president to ask for that?
Yes retard. What circumstances would cause him to nuke those places?

Maybe he has dimentia

If you assume from the start that all unreasonable, illegal, immoral orders can't exist, then obviously you're going to get the result that it's always right to obey the president.

Being this retarded that you think that's how things happen in the middle of a war zone

I thought about putting that in but they can only attack soft targets and extort politicians. Militarily we could destroy Israel in under 48 hours.

Yea but then Israel launches nukes all over the world.
How fucked up is that? If we die we are taking the world with us

>It's impossible because it's unlikely
Are you retarded?

Either the President has unlimited power to direct nukes or there are limits.

>If I wasn't a bot I would of realized that what the other user was saying was that the original article is shill bait and that he wasn't actually calling me a shill but a retard, oh wait, he was calling me a shill because retard and shill are synonmous.

Trump does have full authority to authorize launches in an IF THEN scenario that revolves around retaliation after being attacked with nuclear weapons or other WMD's you fucking retarded shill, you know that it would be completely fucking antithetical to the purpose of the football case if he couldn't even use it without explicit permission in a scenario were we were getting nuked and capital hill was gone. Are you really going to cite War powers act bullshit that only applies in a IF THEN statement level of logic?

Get the fuck out of here, the president is the commander in chief, and this 4 star is fucking doing nothing more than PR. You fell for the CNN Narrative.

>>general admits he would disobey an order

Remove the cunt. He looks like a dolt anyway.

OK honestly he would be right to nuke California and New York because they are traitors.
So yes he could do that and his general who gave up his rights as a private citizen would be thrown in jail

Trump: "Nuke NYC"
General: "Yes sir"

Being a high strung fucking retard about everything gets you nowhere. Hell even sometimes we'd encounter people with guns and not shoot them.

>Patrolling through a town at night
>Local "night watch" encounters us
>They've each got a bolt action rifle from the 1920's
>Walk over with a terp
>Take their guns, tell them they can pick them up at the base tomorrow morning
>Finish what we're doing
>Give them the guns back in the morning

Shit isn't COD.

clearly bait you damn shill.

anyone reasonable would reject an illegal order. However, dont you think that Trumps advisors would tell him what is legal, and what is not, if he doesnt already know?

Okay, so you are retarded. Just checking.

>IF THEN level logic of disobeying orders
>Takes a hypothetical and tries to argue that a 4 star is against trump.

ITS FUCKING PR YOU NIGGER.

the absolute state of shills taking the CNN shill bait on Sup Forums