Flip Flappers

Let's talk about boat girl. What's her end game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pPPkcjuZDGA
strawpoll.me/11712430
youtube.com/watch?v=B_uwnitvuI4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Like all girls in this show, making Cocona go doki doki.

Mimi!

Real talk.

There's no reason for EVERY girl in this show to be flat.

Highly likely to be a standin for Cocona's mother.

She just wants to get off the fucking boat.

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=pPPkcjuZDGA

CRASHING THIS BOAT

>flat
She obviously has breasts from looking at how her clothes fold, they just aren't very big.

flip flappers more like tit flatters amirite

>When Cocona was a baby she constantly demanded to get breastfed

このアニメはファントムワールドを思い出させる

Tell me about Cocona. Why does she wear the mask?

>Sayuri
>flat

>cockona

Cocona will leave Flip Flap because she's fed up with Salt's bullshit. She'll try to return to her normal life but Papika will come after her.

Twins are going to be the final boss. They will learn to Henshin and then turn on KKK. Papika will come after Cocona seeking her help to deal with the new menace.

Big twist is that the girls can also Henshin in the real world, not just in Pure Illusion.

cutest delinquent, the whole idea of cocona trying to be scary and imposing is fucking hilarious to me.

Still interested in how Sup Forums ranks the episodes, surprised by the results so far.

strawpoll.me/11712430

The CR subtitle track from episode 1 spoiled that boat girl is Mimi

Cocona is probably getting those dreams because of the shard embedded in her leg.

Mimi's end game is to protect Cocona and the world from KKK aggression.

I want to read old threads,which one is the best archive?

Does everyone have a shard or just a few people? Can you steal their shards by going into their Pure Illusions Psychonauts-style (now that we know Uexkull and Iroha had Pure Illusions)?

>Toto
>Mahou Shota Henshin scene
YES, please.

desuarchive

Go search Desuarchive for day-of-airing threads, those are the best ones. If there are theories that interest you, do keyword searches (like Thomasson, Dante, Lamps, etc).

i hope we get to see a real fight between flip flappers and kkkids. i feel like we really haven't had a chance to see everything yyk and the twins can do yet. also i think it would be good to see yyk fight the flip flappers to try to prove herself to kkk, before switching sides to take them down. i think that would be good for her character.

>Sayuri will never be my girlfriend
Why even live?
Who's her boyfriend? I want to punch him.

>Who's her boyfriend?
Why can't this meme just die already?

It's me.

>nobody likes Episode 2

What why? It was great.

Post your address, you fucboi.
I'm going to break your face.

Because other episodes are just greater.

It's not that simple, it's been said that Pure Illusion is more like the collective unconscious that just resonates with certain people at certain spots, and that seems to be not only dependent on the target but also who enters it.

I'll admit that I voted before I realized that I could choose more than one.

How do I say "not even in my top3" in moon.

Yeah, it had the best flapper.

It's just nobody's favorite, probably because it's fairly similar to episode 1.

Papika being super impressed with Cocona's ability to read remains one of my favourite scenes in the show.

Why is robot called Bu-chan?

No user, they can henshin in the real world because it's fusing with PI.
Also you're forgetting the twintails loli.

Sayuri is my lover. Sometimes it feels bad to cheat on my wife Cocona with her but I take out my ring when we do it.

>Cocona will leave Flip Flap because she's fed up with Salt's bullshit
More likely what's going to happen is that after the PI at the end of episode 7, Cocona will confront Salt demanding answers. When he continues his bullshit, she'll have had enough and bail. Her quitting Flip Flap will probably be what causes her falling out with Papika, too.

You can choose more than 1?
Whoops.

>still not thursday

>the rest of the show is just going to be breakup drama

Fuck. We'll probably get an entire moping episode too.

This always happens when directors think "lol writing is easy, I can do this" and fire the writers.

please stop role playing

I think Papika gave him that name. He's referred to as TT-392 by Sayuri in the first episode.
When he's searching for fragments, he makes a noise like "byu" or "pyu" so maybe Papika just came up with Bu.

Thursdays are a myth.

This show baldy, BALDY needs a satisfying ending, or it will go down in history with shows like Kaiba and WIXOSS.

Holy shit, the previous thread ran its course in like 6 hours and it's not even airing day.

Are threads speeding up?

>implying writing isn't easy

It is thursday, it's just pretending to be tuesday.

It's also spoiler day.

wixoss never was this good to begin with

the most fitting comparison is kyousougiga and its stunningly bad ending

Shitty writing is literally the most common reason that anime ends up being shit.

>baldy, BALDY

Papika has to answer for all those dead girls before Cocona. They may have been like arranged marriages but Coconuts gonna get pissed when shen finds out.

To be fair, people unanimously praise Kaiba as a must-see classic despite its abortive ending. The rest of the show was so damn good that the ending alone wasn't enough to ruin it.

I don't think Flip Flappers has quite reached that level. It will actually need to stick its landing or else it'll be remembered only as another Kyousogiga, where the ending was actually so bad that it compromised the value of everything prior to it.

The ending of Kaiba also isn't all that bad, just nowhere near as good and not very closely related to what came before.

And Kyousougiga had the problem that it desperately needed a good ending to make any sense at all, which isn't the case for Flip Flappers.

Why did delinquent papika think this outfit was so hot?

The only good in Kyousougiga TV was the ONAs. The value of the whole series was compromised by that to begin with.

>which isn't the case for Flip Flappers.
It's exactly the case for Flip Flappers

that's how delinquent girls dress

The long skirt/face mask/kendo stick combo is a classic look for delinquent girls.

Conservatively?

Nobody fired any writers.

Really ugly to be honest.

absolutely not, every episode of flip flappers is a self-contained story with a distinct meaning. the average kyousogiga episode was random bits of the ONA plus vague plot threads hinting at things that would be explained eventually really we promise.

It's almost like that was the point.

I want delinquent Cocona to embarrass herself by attempting to bully Papika

really shit taste to be honest

Girls with swords are cool.

This is cute and badass looking.

Long skirts are a delinquent thing, yes. Look up Sukeban on Google images.

I want Sukeban Cocona to bully me

Episode 8 PV for those who haven't seen it yet.
youtube.com/watch?v=B_uwnitvuI4

Kyousogiga had a lot of problems. I remember enjoying the series quite a bit when I watched it, mostly because its visually lavish and fun, but ultimately it just lacks enough depth to make it a classic.

It's pretty telling that the bonus episode where the VAs go to various buddhist temples and talk about the background the show draws from is more interesting than any particular episode.

>not liking sukeban

you are a bad person, get out

>vague plot threads hinting at things that would be explained eventually really we promise.
This is literally Flip Flappers

Is the the best love story ever told (in a show that isn't primarily about love that is)?

I don't like girls who bully.

No bully.

Yeah, except the other 80% of Flip Flappers are easy to understand and solid.

How would you describe Flip Flappers?

Look at this nerd.

>they are wearing swimsuits while piloting the mech
Was this really necessary?

WHO IS SHE?

with a pic

Yes.

Those weren't bonus episodes. Those were Toei is too cheap to animated an entire series of this show and has to fill their time slot with something episodes.

Pretty good

Yes.

Like if Studio 4C made a tv series that crossed psychadelic episodic fantasia with mahou shoujo action and gave each episode the budget of a Kara no Kyoukai movie.

>Papika can't swim
But she's a dog.

It's like EVA, but in this show they wear actual swimsuits instead of "plugsuits".

Plugsuits aren't real yo

The Evangelion of yuri

I know this is nitpicking but I really wish they didn't disable Youtube comments. I always enjoy seeing the mixture of foreigners and gaijins geeking out together.

The greatest love story ever told.

Not all dogs can swim.

It's ending wasn't bad, the episodes leading up to it were bad. Shit was just too rushed.

Anyone care to translate? Something about Pool, an Oji-san, and doing your best even though you're scared.