This show has a cool meso-american setting and architecture

>this show has a cool meso-american setting and architecture
>they spend almost all of the episodes fucking around in a forest
Why is this allowed?

If I remember correctly, the Meso-American setting was a result of the artistic freedom of the animation staff and not specified in the novels.

Then that was a good decision. Wished it had a second season, but it flopped too hard.

An huge problem with those kind of show is that they never show the world setting enough.

the bunny princess was such a cocktease. what's the status on the light novels? does anybody know?

Characters and the setting wasn't bad but they fucked it up by turning it all into mystery shit.

It worked well enough that I didn't even think of that being a possibility.

I actually liked the mystery part of the anime. It was a breath of fresh air compared with other airing anime at the time.

Also, why exactly did it not do so well in Japan, but well in China?

This, the problem is that what we were given was all the ingredients for a fun adventure story...that quickly devolved into a fucking whodunnit.

Goddamnit was I dissapointed.

This show was like a ball that was chucked into the air, then hit the ground and rolled down a hill for a while.

China loves that kind of shit.
Irassable adventerous hero
Cray as fuck bitches
Self sacrificing heroic types
Thinking stories where shit gets bad and they don't see how or why and are pleasently surprised and the like.
Oh and lots and lots of suffering. They love that shit.

LN 5 was dropped by the translators right by the end because it got bought by Yen Press I think.

Hans is the true hero

>Self sacrificing heroic types
we don't know for sure if he's a hero or the villain tho

>wanting some generic fantasy "adventure"
The monsters looked like shit and I was fucking glad it didn't go that route.

Agreed. The locked-room mystery wasn't the best, but I think it was the right direction. It made some characters lovable and others irredeemable.

A fantasy mystery story is far more interesting than yet another fantasy adventure story. The real problem with Rokka no Yuusha was that it was a production disaster. It looked so bad by the end.

Volume 7 when?

rokka was absolute shit

I'm surprised Yen Press would license this garbage

i knew Rokka was a faggot in the end. what's his reasoning?

>Rokka
what?

Adlet Mayer i knew he was a traitor, just want to know what's his excuse

Wasn't it because of the pear? Tgurneu

He was unknowingly given an extra crest and was made to love Fremy

LN translations when?

As if anyone needs to be forced to love fremmy

Because it was Wasted Potential: the show.

This was one of those shows that you could tell the staff was really excited at the start to make something really cool but halfway through someone higher up took away their budget because it obviously wouldn't sell and went to fund more idol stuff. And obviously it S2 never. Same happened with Grimgar couple seasons later.

> It's a story about heroes killing the demon God
>Watch
> It's a fucking 13 episode locked room murder
False advertising 101

They really fucked up with adapting only 1 novel, the ending is dumb if you're not aware what happens and is revealed next, and at least some fighting with monsters happens in the second one.

When was the last time fantasy anime was a success? And by fantasy I mean "the one where protagonist is not teleported from Japan".

>halfway through someone higher up took away their budget because it obviously wouldn't sell and went to fund more idol stuff
Do you really believe this? It's completely absurd.

Hard to say. If you're talking pure fantasy I say the recent stuff: Rage of Bahamut: Genesis, Bikini Warriors, Chaika, Arslan Senki, Thunderbolt Fantasy, Cerberus something.

>The last thing Passione made was Rokka
Rest in pepperonis. A new studio bites the dust.

Adlet and catboy best duo

Was it in any good?

>Devolved

More like I went in expecting a generic fantasy story and was pleasantly surprised with a suspenseful "whodunnit".

It was very good. I'm not sure I want a second season, I feel it would turn generic. Works well as a self-contained story bait and switch.

Pretty good. If you ignored spoilers.

Passione is still around, but broke. They're currently trying to find a new work to adapt that can earn them revenue.

I loved it, but can't find decent subs or Blu-ray rips.

Give me the spoilers user. What happened after the show?

It's all a ruse from a fig. No really.

Starting next volume we'll REALLY go back to the hero sealing demon god plot.

>Episode 3 or so
>Honestly giving it praise for how fast the pace is, they do some shit in less than an episode that would take other shows 2-3
Little did I know. At least it was interesting to watch all the way through.

Kudos to them for trying something different. RIP in peace Passione.

He doesn't love Fremy even without the demon's influence?

He doesn't know that himself

what if cargikk's arc turns out to be even longer and more convoluted? I still have no idea how they're supposed to cross that shit he dug up

The whole thing is already a mess. Saint of flower actually alive and is waiting for Adlet inside of demon god. They want Adlet to reach demon god so expect asspull demons to bring them over, or PLOT TWIST Cargikk is actually on their side.

No

Oh man I hope this doesn't happen. I really want some epic battle against Cargikk.

Please someone continue LN translations.

He's too OP to fight directly, it's not gonna happen. Besides, the author needs to fix the rokka's HP from all those non stop fighting. Shit like asspull medicine that allows you to temporarily move your body will only work 1 volume.

It's not so much that it devolved into it, but that it took up so much time, half of it, especially the end was retarded, and then the series ended with another whodunnit.

It was born to fail. Also, fuck the author. I still haven't forgotten Noloty.

>Also, fuck the author
Isn't he literally suffering from nightmares that he has to sleep with a daki? I'm sure its because of thousands of otaku curses