Why was the dub so bad?

Why was the dub so bad?
For such a popular little show you'd figure they'd put some extra effort into a dub, but no, it's really trash.

Especially Geno's voice, my god.
It's not the WORST dub I've ever heard I guess?
>why even watch the dub, just stick to subs
Because I enjoy hurting myself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b4TKNF7eDWY
youtube.com/watch?v=MwhgHz3Fm3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>dub

You say that like any dub can be anywhere near tolerable.

B-Grade is easy to hear, even in Japanese. It's far too painful to listen to.

Even if some dubs do happen to have a single good dub VA, their performances are totally snuffed out by the swamp of B-grade VA surrounding them.

I liked the Hellsing dub.

Dunno, the Baccano dub was pretty good.

Here is a helpful thing to remember.
Funimation dubs are sometimes good, or tolerable.

Viz dubs are NEVER FUCKING GOOD!

Probably because they wanted to capitalize on it quickly before the hype generated by sub fans healed.

>Funimation dubs are sometimes good, or tolerable.
youtube.com/watch?v=b4TKNF7eDWY
youtube.com/watch?v=MwhgHz3Fm3o

>fake accents
>fake accents everywhere

I thought it was okay, aside from Genos.

You do realize simulcast dubs exist right?

Are you implying Viz dosent make complete shit dubs?
also
>Those examples.
>Shitty nip girl anime.
no thanks.

I didn't notice them though

Japanese dubs aren't this bad for some reason. For instance, I once listened to a Japanese dub of Soul Reaver 2, and it was pretty professional (although the translation itself wasn't too good).

The better question is why the fuck did you listen to the dub at all? This is a rhetorical question just go back to Gaia, faggot.

A shitty show deserves a shitty dubs.
Good for the Americans for figuring this out unlike the dumbass OP.

You aren't surrounded constantly by Japanese so you don't know when something sounds weird or forced, if your Japanese experience is like 90% anime of course a lot o things won't sound weird to you, but people in anime don't speak normally.

I thought it sounded alright

>(although the translation itself wasn't too good)
This part should have tipped you off that this overused argument doesn't work in my case. But maybe you're used to using it as a knee-jerk response.

The dub was fine. The only issue I see most people having was Genos' voice, but it wasn't that bad I thought.

The fact that you believe one bad voice means that the rest are just as intolerable is a little unfair, don't you think? The rest were pretty damn good for a dub

Then you're deaf. Firo in general sounded terrible

The voices were decent to me and Boros was the best dub voice I've heard in a while. Saitama and Genos were fucking awful though.

Do you actively live in japan? because you can speak moon but if you aren't actively submerged in it or haven't been actively submerged in it for a prolonged contiguous period of time then it still holds.

I speak with Japanese people often, stop grasping at straws. You tried, you failed.

Speaking with is not the same at all. But okay. There's a reason why people can spot everything wrong with a pair of hands in a painting, but not so much every detail on a tree.

They see trees pretty often, but they see hands constantly.

Everyone that was even moderately decent in dubbing started making more money in videogames and got suckered into joining SAGAFTRA. Everyone that dubs anime are cheap as fuck so they refuse to hire union meaning you get the bottom of the barrel youtube fan dub tier shitters.

Funimation outsources dubs to Rooster Teeth people. Let that sink in.

But Genos has the most dialogues from that show. He has more lines than MC himself and is the most talkative character, implying that fucking up his voice can actually ruin the overall experience.

>A doesn't work, you need B!
>O-oh, well, B doesn't work, you need C too!
You can stop now.

Great, except what it is more like.

>you need 25
>well I have 2.5
>that's not good enough

I speak to Japanese people often. Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep better, but that won't make it true.

The dub is alright, also Saitama. But yes Genos is a bit odd.

why are you that surprised? English dubs have always been shit

>What is acting

I still cant believe they fucked up kirigiri's last line the way they did.