Is Hollywood collapsing?

Is Hollywood collapsing?

>an entire franchise had more or less just failed that a huge studio has pinned its financial plans for the next decade at least on
>at least half the country literally hates them as a result of the current political climate and their smug liberal attitude
>endless sex scandals coming from the most powerful and popular members of the Hollywood elite have eroded their reputation with the rest
>the current President of the United States denouces members of Hollywood on a regular basis

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Mnuchin#Filmography
twitter.com/AnonBabble

let it all burn

mfw Blade Runner 2049 failed at the box office even tho it was a great film
kms

I love reading news about movie flops.

>>an entire franchise had more or less just failed that a huge studio has pinned its financial plans for the next decade at least on
This line of DC movies have all been shit other than wonder woman, which was in the range of "meh" to "alright", and it's pretty much the fault of shitty writers. This isn't going to cause Hollywood to collapse.

Pure excellence.

Wake me up when Marvel starts making bombs.

>Spam retarded superhero movies or feel good SJW brainwashing
>Doesn't help they're pandering to China now
>W-why is our machine stalling? Fucking millenials

I hope they die painfully.

It's the natural outcome. People that knew how to write made decent movies even if they had an agenda. Now the new generation of writers have been spoonfed that agenda in universities so they just barf the garbage without a conduit.

I'm happy everytime I read news like this. It's really upsetting when the market "orders" you to like stuff.

I pine for the day the Progressive propaganda juggernaut implodes. Jihadiwood made a fatal mistake by marrying their ideology with entertainment. Fucking media aristocrats use their platform to preach their bullshit down to us instead of just performing their vapid circus acts.

To hell with all of them.

It feels like they've tried to play some line between the dark knight style grittier capeshit and the new Marvel true capeshit type movies and they've ended up failing at both.

It will be like the original. People are likely going to be rewatching it in the future before the other Hollywood dreck that came out at the same time

Joss Whedon was brought in to add quips and I really think he sabotaged it on purpose.

check again, it's making money now

this

>an entire franchise had more or less just failed that a huge studio has pinned its financial plans for the next decade at least on
First, learn to structure your sentences better. It'll help everyone. Secondly, big movies and franchises have failed in the past. This isn't evidence to support your claim that "Hollywood is dying."

>half the country literally hates Hollywood as a result of the current political climate and their smug liberal attitude
Ridiculous, hyperbolic conjecture. A lot of conservatives may dislike the liberal smog in Hollywood culture, but a lot of them still support the industry.

>endless sex scandals coming from the most powerful and popular members of the Hollywood elite have eroded their reputation with the rest
This is your first almost legitimate point, although also soaked in hyperbole. For every tarnished name, there are at least a dozen "clean" ones. It's easy for people to dismiss the phenomenon as a few bad apples if they so choose. Still, you're correct that these scandals have eroded some of Hollywood's reputation.

>the current President of the United States denouces members of Hollywood on a regular basis
This has to be false. If it were true, Sup Forums would be spamming these quotes much more often. I have a hunch that "regular basis" is actually "less than 5 tweets in a year." If you have examples, feel free to prove me wrong.

Lastly, if you really wanted to argue that Hollywood is collapsing, you'd be more persuasive if you offered more data than only DC movies. You're not demonstrating that Hollywood is failing, you're demonstrating that DC movies are failing.

FINAL NOTE: Nice 0w0 at the end of your ID.

user you try so hard

My bad. Sorry for directly addressing and refuting his points. Forgot this place doesn't want to actually discuss anything. I should've just posted a meme.

BURN BABY BURN!
Maybe it also has to do with the fact they've been beating this dead comic-book horse for too long.

Screw them and their Diversity Sub-Plot anyway.

Does your livelihood or self-esteem rely on the movie industry, because it seems to be the case.

Do you people get off on being smug and wrong? You gave examples and claimed them as fact. Seriously kill yourself not joking.

Try specifically addressing any of the points I made, if you can. "lol ur wrong" and "lol ur mad" are not arguments.

Look back at my post and if there are things you disagree with, quote it and explain why you disagree. What are you even accomplishing otherwise? Nothing.

Alright, tell me why hollywood had extremely low sales this summer and how a fucking Chinese movie about murdering niggers managed to make more than most of hollywood's

And explain this faggot. If that's not a sign of failure in the movie industry then you must be fucking retarded. It's not just dc that is failing dumb fuck

hollywood isnt dy..

Kind of related.

Also explain this. Why aren't you replying, faggot? Too scared of the real stats and charts?

Whats the best movie out this year? feels like its all been shit.

good thing we have youtube for entertainment now

So the second I provide numbers, charts, and facts to show that hollywood is dying, you shut the fuck up? You media shills must be beyond retarded.

feels like it always is cant remember when i was last excited for a movie

lol they kept wonder women for twice as long in release and it only made 30% more money than batman vs superman. but MUH WONDERWOMAN REVENUE retards xD

still waiting for a good rip. not giving kikewood one cent. even if it's a good movie.

The most intriguing plotlines right now are whether the people you're paying to watch for 2 hours will be outed by the time the movie's over

It's not like the movies are actually losing money though right? They are making a profit and everyone is getting paid.

>It's not just dc that is failing dumb fuck
You have very poor reading comprehension. I said OP only gave evidence for DC failing, not for all movies, and certainly not for all of Hollywood.

Try reading it again:
>f you really wanted to argue that Hollywood is collapsing, you'd be more persuasive if you offered more data than only DC movies. You're not demonstrating that Hollywood is failing, you're demonstrating that DC movies are failing.

>Why aren't you replying, faggot? Too scared of the real stats and charts? So the second I provide numbers, charts, and facts to show that hollywood is dying, you shut the fuck up? You media shills must be beyond retarded.
You're being comically aggressive. The reason I'm slow to reply is because I have a higher standard for epistemology than you. You didn't provide numbers, stats, or charts. You provided me screenshots of Google results.

Did you even click any of those links? Do you know where or how they got their data?

Yes, it seems like movie sales are declining and it's true that nobody watches the award shows, but that's not enough for me to scream that Hollywood is dying. I haven't looked into it enough.

Personally, I'm more inclined to believe it's less about Hollywood and more about old media. Hollywood has inordinate amounts of money and has the capability to be more successful if they embrace the digital age instead of staying dogmatically attached to traditional TV and movie models.

>Is Hollywood collapsing?
I wouldn't say so. "It" did really well. Marvel capeshit always does well. After the failures of Batman vs Superman, most people just aren't all that excited to watch Justice League.

I work at the movie theater. And it was crazy busy last night because of Wonder and Justice League. Wonder is actually doing better than JL. This Thanksgiving we are playing Coco, and I hope that movie doesn't do too well so I won't have to work too hard. Its a movie about Mexicans and their wicked views of the afterlife- so I don't think it will do that well.

pic related. Its what everyone thinks of Cyborg. Not some 300 IQ hacker emo nigger.

Sign of the timeline...
All things reach a point of realization and balancing. The more you ignore or fight it, the harder and swifter the correction.

The claim is that they're becoming less and less profitable every year, so eventually they're going to be unprofitable and thus die.

+Foreign it made $281M
It will probably finish around $700M by the time it's done globally.
How is that failing?

it literally made 300M this weekend. It will make some 600-700M in the end. Also same studio made IT the biggest movie this year in terms of how much they made

>another super hero movie

no, just the manlet cash cow is finally dying.

>I should've just posted a meme.
das rite

People are getting tired of capeshit and remakes. There aren't many smaller budget good films anymore. Theyre always going for the grand slam in terms of profit and failing

global warming

161 fucking days

hes too intelligent to meme

no you retard, hollywood is not collapsing. wannabe marvel failed, how surprising.

films are 99% jewmakesdayok bollocks with cocksuckers prancing about to prescripted propaganda bias of producer n company. bs city

That doesn't seem very ancap of you, although I agree with the sentiment.

lol what a retard

I hope. Modern movies are poison for your brain

I liked Manchester by the sea

And this folks is how Whites went from 30% of the Worlds population, to 11% in 100 years.

Two massive Goy on Goy Wars didn't help either.

No goy, it costs hundreds of millions to make these movies do pony up the shekels or they'll have to stop making capeshit.

The only men I know who care about superhero shit are nu-males who can't tolerate a strong man unless he is fictional, politically lobotomized, and in a latex suit. Why should I watch some boring rehash with political undertones where some narcissistic Hollywood "man" (who has spent the past 6 months on T + HGH + practicing surreptitiously pouting his lips in a sexy way in front of the mirror) utters asinine lines for 120 minutes. Movies are novels are for passive men who don't have creative energy. I spent today doing a heavy whole-body workout, a long walk, studying math, banging my gf, and planning out a neural network concept. Your life has to be pretty boring to get really invested in comic books, movies, and other normie shit.

>jew3jew3
fuck off

that was last year. Don’t they have calendars in Canada?

These are good points. Is there a correlation between capeshit and Hollywood's decline? When was Hollywood's last good year? What was the movie climate like at that time? All good questions.

I'm not above memes, but to use this place exclusively for memes does a disservice to the platform. You get to anonymously communicate with a bunch of different people, why not attempt to have some half-decent discussions?

That said, you're right and I really should try to meme more in the future. Memes and discussion are not mutually exclusive.

>It's not like the movies are actually losing money though right?
You need to make about 3 times the budget in revenue in order to be considered profitable for this kind of thing.

Their movies fucking suck. Most trailers make me want to commit suicide.

I wanted so bad to see it last year and now I don't want to give a dime anymore to Hollywood

i do all that but run my own business, and also enjoy comics (older ones pre-sjw era)

i'm willing to bet you're poor and projecting.

I loved suicide squad

this. get your shit together, Sup Forums. super hero movies are for man-children

um, Ethan Klein's not jewish he hates SJWs

The movie bombed because they changed Snyders vision . Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman are masterpieces Both movies will be remembered forever. WB ripped JL apart to insert fucking quips

I think it's pretty obvious that we don't.

Good post. I agree

>tfw you've torrented every major media release for the last decade

total income from people paying for a ticket at the movies is falling year on year been static despite population increasing and the hollywood jew accounting means they really try to make a loss saying they spent 50% of the movies cost on marketing through shell companies.. yes hollywood isn't dying just what it pretends to be is

It’ll probably be another 2-4 years before we see a sizeable downsizing of Hollywood’s mammon. That doesn’t stop me from wishful-think posting. Unless of course we get some “help” from some of their more degenerate “weinsteins” and pedo shit gets out to help bury them further.

It’ll take an actively large boycott movement to trample that media dinosaur.

It's not fucking normal for an adult to watch a movie based on a comic book for children. Anyone who likes superhero movies should neck themselves or just grow the fuck up.

Fucking pleb. BvS and MoS are two of the best movies ever made.

>96M

Im surprised it got that much. I guess nerds needed to see the trainwreck for themselves.

Current DC live action movies all have Trump's Secretary of Treasury as executive producer, and they're all propaganda. Some more subtle than others.

Wonder Woman 2 having Soviets as Cold War antagonists is the most obvious one.

Middle America ran out of money to pay for shitty movies and overpriced drinks.

stop talking like a faggot lol

and what was the budget?

I have to say I agree, even though Batman Begins and the rest of the Nolan movies were good.

checked. kek at the chad ass grab

That's old news. Wonder woman came out two months after that article was written and had currently made 821.8 million dollars in the box office.

300 mil.

yikes

>Chinese movie about murdering niggers
What movie was that? Sorry but I literally have stopped watching tv and seeing movie previews

>CS pleb
>libertarian
don't throw stones in glass houses. You should have chosen a more difficult, less soulless major.

sounds comfy

>hollywoo
Bojack horseman is a soyboy show

why are jews so ugly?

it's less soyboy than rick and morty

It's a stupid show, but what is a "soyboy"?

>Current DC live action movies all have Trump's Secretary of Treasury as executive producer
Didn't know about this.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Mnuchin#Filmography

>other than Wonder Woman
ROtten ToNuMaletoes please leave
I bet you liked Thor 3 too

a cuck

I'm running my own business, too. Don't you wish /biz/ wasn't such a cryptoshill board?

ps comics are for chidren

Justice League was honestly one of the worst films ive ever seen. If they dont try to make it right and release zach's cut in the blue ray all this shit is going to collapse

Thank you, Croatbro.