California High-speed Rail

How do you feel about the fact that Deutsche Bahn, the German national rail operator, was quietly awarded the contract to manage the California High-speed Rail project last month?

railwaygazette.com/news/high-speed/single-view/view/db-consortium-selected-for-california-high-speed-rail-consultancy-contract.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_streetcar_conspiracy
qz.com/166186/the-swiss-are-scandalized-by-trains-that-run-three-minutes-behind-schedule/
unvis.it/qz.com/166186/the-swiss-are-scandalized-by-trains-that-run-three-minutes-behind-schedule
youtu.be/E7kor5nHtZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No one wants this fucking rail except the govener. Gas is the highest in the country and its now going up another 12 cents to fund this. THE TRAIN IS GOING TO BEGIN IN BUTT FUCK NOWHERE MILES FROM ANY LARGE CITIES. I fucking hate this welfare state.

On top of this the average price for a ticket will be on par with just flying.

niggers will destroy this. its why public transport is impossible in any american area. niggers ruin it

>t. worlds highest density of rails on planet earth

>Deutsche Bahn
Also this is one of the worst rail systems on central europe

>Always late
>Slow shitty old trains

German train system isnt just inferior to Switzerlands. its a planet apart.

I agree, the swiss train system is far better. i don't have any data on how it is with the overall cost.

i ask you though...why did the swiss rail company not apply?

1. place germany
2. place spain
3. place italy
4. place china

no wonder they chose germany...

Because its a shameful meme train and we know it will fail.

Or more reasonably because I do not think we construct our own trains. Our administration of our rail lines is just the best in the world because naturally, the swiss are the best organizers on planet earth

yeah, but what about earning money?

Fuck off, you damn mountain jew. Your railway system sucks your fatass mother's cock and balls compared to Japan's rail lines, you ugly backwards yodeling mongolian rejects.

i dont think this train will actually be built, but germany clearly is superior to us in brute manufacturing.
our rail system is far superior to Japans. higher density of rail lines, less expensive, more trains by a factor of 15/per capita. etc. go back to cranking your ugly mutt dick to anime retard

>No one wants this fucking rail except the govener
So did the stupid fucking voters, it was on the state ballot remember?

Central Valley Californian here, I live in Lodi.

No I don't want high speed rail here. Housing prices have skyrocketed in the Central Valley because of Bay Area investors and commuters. A high speed rail will only make the Central Valley be an extension of the Bay Area. It will skyrocketed housing prices, and change the culture of the Central valley to be like the Bay Area.

The Bay Area is a tumor that threatens to swallow the entire state.

Fucking stupid ass state I love in wasting money on a stupid ass train nobody is gonna ride that’s going billions in maintanence the state doesn’t have. So it’s gonna be like everything else in this shithole: decrepit, falling apart, and neglected.

I hope you get the ICE. You deserve it

>because I do not think we construct our own trains
is it about train construction though?
>best organizer
the contract is more about that i believe.

the numbers are weird though. they are awarded 30million$ for running it? that's not very much. so i'm certain it's not about planning, constructing or even buying a single train. it's only about running the line, once it's constructed and the trains are bought.
maybe that's why the swiss didn't want that...running somebody elses messed up railsystem and trains without having a say in it how it's constructed?

Isn't it a common knowledge that americans don't use public transport?

It's inferior to the Texas Central Railway which is being planned by the Japs, we are also getting autonomous flying helicopter/ airplane hybrids as taxis.

Is there even enough demand for a LA to SF train? It seems like a luxury project for elites - even most tech guys have no use for it.

haha...wait the burger retards want the germans to handle _organization_ not construction of the rail system? are mutts too retarded to manage their own rail system.

but yea we would never organize and run a burger rail system, that sounds like a nightmare of niggers stripping every thing not triple bolted down

It’s all very sad, I pray that one day we’ll genocide these subhumans

because California is full of spics who can barely or can't even read English at all, who get registered to vote for "reasons" and then vote however their blue taskmasters tell them to.

It's California. They do what they want because so progressive and when they run out of money, water and tax-paying legal residents, (already 2 for 3) maybe they'll finally see the error of their ways.

>The winner of the ETO contract would provide CHSRA with an operating perspective during the planning and procurement of civil works, rolling stock and facilities, with the aim of ensuring that the high speed line will be attractive to passengers while minimising operating and maintenance costs.

mmhh on better reading it it seems it's ONLY about the planning stage. but only consulting, like it sounds...with a later perspective to run it...

embarrassing that you need to ask a foreign power for consulting on your tiny babiest first rail line

California ain't America.

>he doesn't watch videos of niggers fighting in jew York, phily or other nigger hell holes while riding the exact same cars that appear in 70s movies.
>what a gay.
It's not true user,it is amazing,like a safari in africa only you get locked inside the cages and the one recording it is always a vertical nigger shouting worldstar.

Who else Prius master race here? I average 70mpg in the city by driving like a truck.

I feel like I want my gasoline back to normal and for my gas cash not to fund more welfare for "syrian" refugees.
Thanks for letting me know I kill two birds with one stone by helping the push-back against this.

they have rail lines. i had the unfortunate pleasure of riding one on the east coast in the early 90s in new england.

>not going faster than our local transport(maybe 60-80kmh)
>trains and wagons technically what we had in the 50s/60s
>rail lines as bumpy as the transsib
> last dor on last wagon was open - you could jump off - kek

their (local) train system was dismanteld by the car companies and their lobby in the 50s/60s/70s.

but they use trains for goods on a much higher percentage than we do

If the contract has been signed it's very difficult to do anything about it now. Why don't you lameasses get motivated and become involved with your local politics on a more regular basis? That way you'll have a chance of expressing a voice before contracts are signed.

Public transportation used to be okay here, but now that we have so many "new germans", I bought a car 2 weeks ago.

Assuming we don't subsidies the train would it be cheaper than flying?

>niggers having enough money to use it

>niggers not just using it without paying
you retard

Car companies didn't have to lobby for anything. Tram and trains were going out of style in the 1910's.

>with the aim of ensuring that the high speed line will be attractive to passengers while minimising operating and maintenance costs.
Seems like fun.
I do think it's going to be a failure and a nightmare to operate it.

>would building new industry be less expensive than only using an existing and currently running one today?

No. Airplanes will still fly, and the metro will always gyp you.

Theres controls at least every station. I dobt think niggers are gonne get away with it

Fuck the Krauts and their stupid trains. They're literally the only could've who've managed to be stupid enough to have a high-speed rail accident.

Give the contract to the Southern Pacific and no one else.

Yeah that's what I was wondering about. Airplanes are dope, they don't need roads or tracks are fast as fuck. Also SF to LA is a bit of a drive, trains only make sense when the driving time beats the time to check in at the airport.

>could've

*country

Unless that train is being used to deport beaners it’s a waste of fuckin money

Yeah, expect your train system is always late and dirty as your father's ass crack. Doesn't really do much good to have a rail line that doesn't run on time, now does it, you dick coke snorting faggot?

kys weeb faggot

In 10 years of using the train daily my train has been late 4 minutes a total of 3 times. We are world reknown for having the most punctual trains in the world. Are you a retard or a weeb or a both what's going on here you mutt idiot?

really the downturn of our rail system started when they wanted to make the DB a private company and started to run it like some tech company trying to maximize share holder value and minimize costs, forgetting about long term goals and needs.
>closing off many many local lines
>selling off all assets possible (real estate and such)
>cutting down on repairs both infrastructure and trains
>investing in foreign markets (brittain ie) instead of investing in a better system here
> and so on

fuck those privatization plans. they ruined the whole system

Makes me feel sorry for the californians, to be honest.

Deutsche Bahn is the absolute worst thing ever. They can't drive when it's raining, they can't drive when it's windy, they can't drive when there are leafs on the track, they can't drive when it's snowing, they can't drive when it's hot, they can't drive when it's cold, and so on and so on.

Fuck off, you fake country ass proxy jew.

Lel California passed a second gas tax where they will hike it up by about another 60¢ over a couple years.

Beat part is they didnt advertise it as a gas tax but hid it in a bill about infrastructure or some sort, them governor brown had them pass the bill by 2/3 majority just in case someone sues saying its a tax that way he can point at it and say it got the required votes to pass either way.

California, you got analy ravaged by brown and he's not goimg to stop or let up. So glad i got out of there

>they can't drive when it's hot
Then it will never work here in California.

I feel bad, our ICEs are constantly late and we were promised faster than 300km/h travel and now it maxes out at just 330 km/h.

Also, look at this low class interior.

the car companies were even convicted for colluding to dismantelling the functioning local transportation. but because your polititians and justice are also bought the fine was 1$, kek

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_streetcar_conspiracy

please learn about it...the companies they destroyed were healthy and working

>Personal anecdotes supersedes worldwide stats

Yupp. Air conditioning regularly breaks down when it's summer in goymany and then the people inside get literally toasted alive. And i think california is a bit hotter.

The entire goal is to provide an easy way to inject nonwhites into the heavily white Norcal region. This rail system will be their system for moving mass millions of spics north.

My city recently implemented policies like this, for example free bussing services and low income housing, with the express intention of bringing in as many illegals as possible from the cities down south

World wide stats give us the most punctual, highest density, rail system on planet earth. Consider this my final pity reply you weeb mutt

have you ever been in switzerland?
his anecdotes are quiet correct
qz.com/166186/the-swiss-are-scandalized-by-trains-that-run-three-minutes-behind-schedule/

It depends on reaching a sweet spot,railways have the advantage of being able to carry more people are more fuel efficient and can stop along the line and resell the tickets of the recently vacated seats at every stop.
On the other hand flying requires only expensive infrastructure at destination and origin,the sky is semi free while the train has to pay and mantain the tracks,america is generally too big for a high speed train to run across it only some teas, East coast and commiefornia have those traits.
High speed at least in spic land (spain)is nearly nigger proof in that you have to access through a security arch like in the airport with armed security,after they have checked the tickets and then they confirm your boarding so it's like an airplane but it only takes 5 minutes to go across.
In france it's more nigger friendly in that the train stops and anyone can walk in there ain't nobody physically preventing from riding on most stations.

Archived
unvis.it/qz.com/166186/the-swiss-are-scandalized-by-trains-that-run-three-minutes-behind-schedule

Death Valley California is the hottest place in the world

this is for all the "hard working" crop pickers. they "do the work we won't" they deserve this and everything else.

How can this train even compete?

>but they use trains for goods on a much higher percentage than we do

Much, much higher. The US has one of, if not the largest rail networks on the planet. It's just not high speed passenger rail but freight rail.

They say we need the train because traffic is so bad but traffic is bad INSIDE the cities and this train will do nothing to alleviate that. Out in the country between major cities, which this retarded train will "connect" , traffic flows just fine on our freeways. Also of note, amtrak already has fucking rail connection from San Diego all the way to Seattle so this fucking retarded project is a dumb waste of money.

tack ska du ha, min nörre arkiv-gud

That's Japan, you nasty fake french cheese eating fucks.

>Japan's rail lines
They literally have Train pushers, this is a legit job in Japan
youtu.be/E7kor5nHtZQ

in a large country like yours it makes sense to get your freight on the rails.
in the densly populated fringes (east and west coast) high speed trains also could make sense dependant on how it's build

Even in the Northwest Passage, the US isn't well-developed for high speed rail. The light rail gets you from NYC to Boston or DC or Philly "fast enough" so there's no real justification to pay for the infrastructure upgrades.

Your very same article pairs up japan.
I must say japanese trains are excellent,i have only had delays when there was an earthquake or someone decided to off themselves by means of the train,and since shinkansens aren't so popular with suicidal people the delay is 36 seconds on average annually.
I have never been with mountain jews railways but I'm sure they are excellent,i prefer japs since I know them better.

At the other end of the spectrum, the average annual delay on the Shinkansen “bullet trains” in Japan is a mere 36 seconds.
To anyone outside of Zurich or Tokyo, Swiss anxiety about the very few trains that miss their incredibly demanding schedule may seem like much ado about nothing. But per capita, the Swiss and Japanese railways are the busiest in the world by far. Switzerland will hold a referendum next month on a new financing package for its railways, which includes an increase in ticket prices. This is why the latest punctuality statistics come at a bad time for a railway operator already under pressure from the tyranny of high expectations.

it's for commuting from farther distances (see paris, where they commute from up to 200km). those people will not add to the traffic in the city as much as if they'd commute by car (yes they need to get from the train station to their final destination, but that ought to be less miles than having to take the car through the entire city.

I like it when Eurofaggots try to explain our own history to us.

Trains and trams and shit would have gone out of style anyway due to the sheer size of the USA. See pic for reference. Germany is the size of roughly one of our 50 US states. Thanks to the massive interstate highway constructions, e.g., Eisenhower interstate system, people were relatively free to go anywhere anytime with cars. Gas prices were low because the southern US sits on a big fucking lake of oil and the northern US (Pennsylvania/West Virginia/Ohio) sit on a literal mountain range of coal. Cars were relatively cheap thanks to mass production, high public demand, and competition especially following World War II.

Trains are popular in europe because:

A) Gas is expensive as fuck
B) The "countries" are the size of a middle-to-large state, making air travel to a neighboring country impractical.
C) Europe does not have interstates on the scale the US does. The largest highways in europe can span 8 lanes in the Netherlands, which is easily comparable to I-95, I-5, or any other major interstate highway in the US.

Therefore, it makes sense Trains are so popular in europe. Trains are the best medium for simple en masse people moving over a regional distance. Talking about the US, however, people pick cars or planes depending on distance. Trains are used to commute because Amtrak jews want the same amount as a plane ticket for long interstate travel.

*Northeast

>northwest passage
>mfw

northeast corridor

California will regret this decision, our trains are shit nowadays.

nigger you have no idea how awesome the swiss train system is.

>No one wants this fucking rail except the govener.
And a majority of Californians.
>Gas is the highest in the country
False.
>its now going up another 12 cents
Gas taxes are not high enough to maintain our highways. This is true at the state and federal level. Only welfare niggers are opposed to gas tax increases.
>to fund this
Wrong.
>THE TRAIN IS GOING TO BEGIN IN BUTT FUCK NOWHERE MILES FROM ANY LARGE CITIES
Fresno and San Jose are both in the top five largest cities in California, hardly butt fuck nowhere. After initial operation starts, it'll be extended all the way into SF and to Union Station in LA.

Why is it, in your mind, ok to spend hundreds of billions of dollars building and subsidizing highways and airports, but $60 billion (and that figure accounts for inflation, so money they plan to spend in 2025 is reported in projected 2025 dollars rather than 2016 dollars, just fyi) to build a piece of public infrastructure that doesn't require enslaving yourself to the oil jew and the bank (auto loans) jew is outrageous?

Not having airport security checking your butthole but a streamlined boarding system thus being able to arrive 15 minutes before departure plus the ability to carry many more passengers and overcrowding it efficiently by being able to resell the recently vacated seats of stopping customers at every stop.
If it's tprun efficiently in a populated enough area it can compete user,specially if the airports are crowded and thus usually the cheapest prices mean flying at weird valley hours.

No Kraut, literally nobody is commuting from San Francisco to Los Angeles. For the people around the major cities who could be driving and adding to traffic, we've built Metrolink, Coaster, and CalTrain which help those in the suburbs.

This train is a complete waste of money, if you wanted to cut down traffic, you'd instead invest more in the commuter rail agencies I listed.

>NYC to Boston or DC or Philly "fast enough"
it's terrible
see it needs to be rehauled up from the ground since decades and why not make it go faster than cars? our normal trains go double the speed of that freakish line.
if you seperate it from the freight system you can also go much faster and the rails themselfs will not be in such a pitiful state as right now

>I do not think we construct our own trains
The state is (foolishly) handling construction and rolling stock. The contract was for an operator.

the texas railway is also all privately funded

does it bother you that we already have a hardly used rail line from San Diego to San Jose and on?

The Coastal Starlight takes like 12 hours no?

It's a scenic ride, but not fast.

holy shit this makes so much sense right here. i was about to write a long diatribe about how the train was "supposed to" go from Los Angeles to San Francisco in 3 hours. Period. End of story. That was the goal. And about how they're "so incompetent" and it doesn't even really go to those 2 cities, no one will use it, waste of money blah blah blah, it goes to a bunch of random small cities that no one cares about yada yada yada...

but no it all makes sense. "LA to SF" was just the fake cover story to get the liberal, progressive whites to vote for getting taxed hard for it...but the real agenda all along is to heavily subsidize and use it to disperse the illegal brown population of LA into the rest of the mostly-white rural part of the state. So fucking insidious.

I wonder if there are recordings or emails detailing the actual hidden agenda.

Duh erp how many active faults will it travel over or across. California Choo Choo gonna get wrecked by earthquake. Then guess what! They will ream all your asses again to rebuild it. I had a great life there once, but so glad to be gone now.

>Be California
>school system ranked 50th out of 50 states
>import all talent from other states and overseas
>import massive underclass from south of the border
>thus have highest poverty rate in the USA
>spark a mass exodus of native white residents
>brag about the amazing success of your state
and then
>elect a series of complete retards governor
>mentally challenged governor invests in high speed rail system
>meanwhile water infrastructure is completely falling apart
>massive droughts every 5 years
>high speed rail system turns into a complete boondoggle
>billions of dollars over budget, nearly bankrupting the state
>throw up your hands, hire European company to do it
>muh superior Californian engineering

I blame jews

see

you are right...germany is the size of montana

but you forgot one thing...why on earth do other large countries invest in their rail system and it is heavily used (China, Russia and so on)?

your countries are maybe even better suited for mid-range travel than ours. because we have 1/4 of your population crammed into one tiny state our cities are not far apart. for a high speed train to reach maximum speed and brake you need a bit of distance. as aresult our high speed trains rarely travel on max speed. in china or USA they can travel 200+mph for a longer time and quickly get distance under your belt.
i'd greatly prefer to travel from LA to SF in a bullet train, even if it'd take 2-2.5hours, because you quickly can hop on/off trains and save time this way. also you have much more space and can work on the train much better than on a plane.

also my link about the GM conspiracy was for local public transportation, that has nothing to do with the size of the country.

It takes 12 hours on a good day.

Seriously, the Coast Daylight during the 1930s and 1940s averaged around 9-10 hours, sometimes as low as 8.

The fucking steam train from 80 years ago is faster than the modern diesel it's that bad.

Also service on the Starlight is shit compared to the Daylight and its paintjob is an atrocity to human eyes.

nobody is commuting NOW.
with the infrastructure in place they WILL

also i didn't say they will commute from the big cities, but i guess rather from central valley

It'll initially connect SJ-F, the third and fifth most populous cities in California, (it'll go further south but there's nothing there), and then expand to SF-SJ-F-B-LA, the fourth and ninth largest and the largest. Later branches will connect Sacramento, the capital and sixth largest city in California, Anahiem, the tenth largest city, and SanDiego, the second largest. So the initial segment will connect the third and fifth, the full first phase connects the fourth, third, fifth, ninth, and first, and an extension will add the sixth, tenth, and second. In the end it'll connect the five largest cities in California, and eight of the ten largest. The remaining two are Long Beach, which is part of LA, and Oakland, which is part of SF.

this
stop the rail or Jefferson will become mexico 2.0

We've been selling ourselves to the Chinese for years, why not diversify to Muslims?

>No Kraut, literally nobody is commuting from San Francisco to Los Angeles.
Some would if you could make the trip in 2 or 3 hours, which is possible with high speed rail. The bigger thing is the central valley. People who work in LA are already buying a bunch of mcmansions in the Bakersfield area, and the commute in a car is like two hours or more. If a fast train knocks that commute down to less than an hour there will be a yuge flood of LA fags buying cheap houses all over the central valley.

Depends. Are you going to continue subsidizing flying?

>I blame jews

Dianne (((Feinstein)))'s husband actually holds bonds in the High Speed Rail project so you're actually not that far off.

At least we didn't go with Elon Musk's literal pipedream though. That would've been worse.

>Not shinkansen
Japanese ones are the best from my experience.

> we've built Metrolink, Coaster, and CalTrain