Anime kino thread

Has anything with substance since ping pong come out? I like to check in once a year to see if any series have come out with any semblance of depth or artistic integrity.

I saw a AOTY thread and people were calling some show called flip flappers AOTY. I looked it up and just at a glance you can tell its not anything remotely important.

I just don't understand how the aoty could go from this

What a shitty recommendations thread. Still so butthurt about mods planning to be active again?

To this...

Not giving you recs, m8. Shorts are much more worthwhile if you're in if /for the art/ anyway.

Jack off to some actual kino instead. There's nothing here for you.

Or this for that matter

Yeah, your mother.

Or even this, which got quite a few nominations.

Also,Mob psycho looks fun, but also very shounen.

wow i really loved pong but i totally missed the fact that it was actually AOTY

Has there really not been a single series this year with a trace or maybe even an echo of a well crafted story created by an auteur of some sort?

Nothing?

Is anime really dead this time?

>kino
cut this shit out already

Where would one go to fine some well crafted anime short films friendo

>11 posts
>6 ips

>kino
Fuck off crossboarder.
You too.

Ping pong falseflager is putting in effort this time.

Lurking. There was a thread fairly recently literally called shorts. Shouldn't be too hard to find if you know your shit.

Op here, pretty obvious which posts were intentionally mine. If I want to start a thread about anime with artistic integrity more in the vein if independent auteur productions, I am well within the limitations of the rules

AOTY is also about ping pong.

Disgusting

stick with posting your image+copipe in any vaguely related thread, no need to clutter the catalog

>at a glance you can tell its not anything remotely important.

i too decide which anime is gud based on one screenshot, which is why i determined ping pong to be a piece of garbage for people who want to appear refined by liking something ugly

what happened to the days when anime studios didn't neglect intellectuals such as i... now i have to bear a world full of shounen and moeshit... sigh...

rude sage for shit thread

>didn't even bother changing his IP
fuck off

I don't understand what you mean. There are no related threads. Only threads about shows about underage gitls pandering to escapusm addicts. Whats a copipe. Im just an animation and film fan looking to talk about the anime arthouse scene (if it even exists)

lol'ed epically

Any show that deviates from the norm and has a small fanbase of retards jerking each other off will be named AOTY since nobody else watched enough of it to tell them their tastes are shit.

For comparison, here is what you see on google images when you search for ping pong

I empathize with you to the furthest extent humanly imaginable, my fellow connoisseur of media. What a cruel fate for thinkers such as we to be cursed to coexist with pigs who genuinely enjoy watching such filth. Heh, pathetic indeed...

*watches the sunset with his longcoat fluttering in the melancholic autumn wind*

And here is flip flappers

Idioms about book covers aside, i have never gone into a show with a shitty and pandering uninspired artstyle and met with a compelling or paradigm shifting story. (Inb4 madoka autists)

who /falseflag/ here

>pandering artstyle
What did the shitty unknowledgeable crossboarder mean by this?

I haven't been on Sup Forums in a year. I know not of the false flag spurg you speak. Im guessing its an user that uses ping pong to make himself appear to be a hyper intellectual douche in order to make ping pong a pejorative around here

give me replies, also stop liking ping pong

Why are you samefagging, OP?
Fuck off, nobody wants you here.

I guess i shouldn't have said pandering, but rather "uninspired". Although if you would like to point out something within flip flappers aesthetic that makes it unique (that perhaps i am missing) I am open to it

>*watches the sunset with his longcoat fluttering in the melancholic autumn wind*

That's gold. Holy shit.

Its not samefagging if its intentional friend. Im using different images to support my point.

>substance
Pfft.

Kill yourself, disgusting frog-cancer.

Ping Pong is already looked down on. It's associated with special snowflakes who like things nobody gives a shit about.

I hope this is ironic.

So you're telling me Sup Forums has become even more of a shitposting moe echochamber since last I visited?

Im shocked

It can only be interpreted ironically, are you perhaps asking if the irony is ironic?

No, I was obviously being 100% serious.

>a compelling or paradigm shifting story

like ping pong, a show about how being good at sports can make one lonely

i have a feeling you would really like 3-gatsu, it's a series of nice paintings about being sad

Ping pong is about accepting fate, and ones purpose in life, and about overcoming your own expectations in order to pursue happiness and self fufillment.

It's about facing the horrors of a deterministic reality and learning how to cope and come out as a better person in the end

so is one piece, my dude

Why is this thread still up?

Why do retards like this have to associate themselves with anime I like?

This is obviously just IRC shitter false flagging. Probably Niggerell or something.

Modern anime is bad, more news at 11.
OP, did you know that anime has existed for many decades and doesn't disappear after its stopped airing?

Both Ping Pong and Flip Flappers are unique series. It doesn't have to be a competition.

What a pretentious post.

Flip Flappers is the most important anime since FLCL. It is a masterpiece of queer awakening, identity, adolescence, the importance of escapism, subjectivity, the nature of art and a rebellion against commercial narrative.

>over one hundred minutes between his opening post and this image
How did you restrain yourself that long?

Anime can't be kino
Anime is shit and only manchildren watch it
BVS is true kino

>Has anything with substance since ping pong come out?
Two-time AOTY Hibike! Euphonium, silly goose.

Do you actually think so, out of curiosity?
Poe's law and all that.

TV anikino of 2016:

>Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
>3-gatsu no Lion
>Flip Flappers
>Hibike S2

>kino
Fuck off to Sup Forums.

You too, fucking crossboarders.