It's been twelve years since this disaster aired, has there ever been a bigger train wreck since?

It's been twelve years since this disaster aired, has there ever been a bigger train wreck since?

g-recog
the fate series
anything by kyoani that isn't purely fanservice
monogatari series
any series your waifu is from

need I name anymore?

Ma-fucking-yoiga

Neither of those are even close this disaster, come on none of those shows stooped to the level of recap episodes and flat out rehashing frames from the previous show.

nothing can be close too that disaster. I'm just naming shows I don't like. isn't that what this thread is about?

> I'm just naming shows I don't like. isn't that what this thread is about?

Trash and train wreck is not the same thing you know.

>g-reco
>not even close

you're right, g-reco is way WAY worse

G-RECO did not fuck up the animation unlike Gundam SEED Destiny which fucked up everything except for the sound I guess.

no the sound was fucked too.

>Mayoiga
>trainwreck
Yeah, no. Mayoiga was just bad. The threads were just as bad, too, because Mayoigafags were trying way too hard to turn it into something it wasn't.

What's amazing about Gundam SEED Destiny is that it manages to make Gundam SEED which was a whatever meh show, into a complete piece of crap because it pretty much goes and takes a massive shit one of the earlier core plot lines of the show.

Valvrave comes close but unlike Destiny which is just horrendous and not enjoyable to watch, Valvrave ends up being some kind of unintentional parody of the mecha genre.

>anything by kyoani that isn't purely fanservice
Name even one Kyoani show that was purely fanservice.

That's what I thought.

Nah, it's just plain garbage.
SEED Destiny also have those 'so bad it's funny' moments too, it's still garbage.
Valvrave is at least twice shorter, and it gets so dumb it almost ends up as some sort of dadaistic work of art.

>Valvrave is at least twice shorter, and it gets so dumb it almost ends up as some sort of dadaistic work of art.

That's kinda what I meant though retarded plot twists left and right because that clearly makes it deep or something, rape scene clearly indicated that the story is mature

At least G-reco had unique designs unlike SEED Destiny which gave us Zeon Mk.IV:electric boogaloo:the re-naziing

Sunrise is king of train wreck.

Valvrave.

You have to give them credit, at least they're trying to do shit outside of the norm. It's how we end up with something good like Geass or Mai-HiME and unfortunately how we also end up with Valvrave and Cross Ange.

The new SEED Astray spinoff mangas might just top Destiny

I'm still too afraid to finish this.

Is this mobile suit being ironic or something?

Holy fuck what is that abomination, someone fire whoever designed it ASAP.

HERE WE GO I KNOW ONE

Guilty crown.

you literally cannot make a fucking catastrophy like that anime without having terminal autism or a brain tumor

Disgusting what the fuck is that. It reminds me of that shitty retarded women child's Gundam.

amagi was 1 cour of girls with large proportions getting angry at other girls with large proportions and then sometimes dancing or dressing up

Eh. I think GC was too short to be a SEED-tier trainwreck. It was certainly a shithouse mess but between both SEEDs there are maybe ~10 mediocre episodes, ~10 "bad" episodes and the other ~84 episodes (including literally all of Destiny) are some of the worst shit ever aired.

Why couldn't this be SEED Destiny instead?

>unfortunately
Fuck your shit taste.
Also, Big Order to OP.

Valvrave? That show was pretty damn entertaining even as the world burned around it.

Amagi Brilliant park was great and i'm only giving you and (you) because I doubt anyone else will respond.

imagine if GC had 30 more episodes.

we would all have brain tumors the size of shoe's

I don't care what anyone says itt, no matter what, nothing that happens in animation for the next 100 years, will never top the trainwreck that was SEED Destiny, ESPECIALLY it's final 16 or so episodes.

You see most trainwrecks we get today occur because of the team's incompetence, but Destiny was different, and this is because it's production crew was having a fucking soap opera behind the scenes.

NEVER have I heard of a produciton where the director's wife was given a writing position because she fucks him.
NEVER had I heard of a show where literally all the crew hated the director and his wife
NEVER had I heard of a show where mecha design was approved by 5th graders
NEVER have I heard of a show where someone tried to make extra animation, and the director denied it
NEVER had I heard of a show where the director and his wife spent the budget on vacations

You wanna know why else SEED/Destiny were trash? Because not only were they the first gundam works of the millenium, but they actually had the potential to be good, even masterpieces.
But one shitty director and his hack wife ruined it.

I'm surpised /m/ and Sup Forums didn't have a sticky when morosawa died, she is probably responsible for ruining anime, or at least mecha anime for the past 14 years.

>morosawa died
>morosawa died

Holy shit I have been under the radar for a while but damn

I wonder if the japs are still hounding and shitposting on his twitter about the seed movie

Still sold 100k, somehow

I knew it was bad
But I didn't know it was THAT bad.

did all that really happen?

dammit user, now i got to fap to tomo again

>given a writing position because she fucks him.
its not as if you've would have done differently if it were you.

go on /m/ and do your research, SEED and Destiny have had many crew members come out and talk shit about the directors, there's more stuff, but I don't remember

tfw I watched it years ago when I was young and thought it was okay and now don't get why people hate it, but don't want to go and watch it again in case it is terrible

so far im not finding anything on goggle and I don't trust /m/

his wife died earlier this year
of a broken heart.

I watched it when I was young too, and liked it, but rewatching it made me realize a lot.

You can still like them, I still do, but that doesn't mean I don't recognize its faults

There was also something about Morosawa being jealous about Fukudas relationship with some VA or something if I recall correctily.

And to top it all off it sold marvelously.

You're trying way too hard user.

I won't talk shit about Morosawa because that's kinda fucked up in my book, but yeah both of them can't write for shit and their stupid Gary stu stand ins ruined both of SEED and especially Destiny. I kinda do like the designs of characters and mechs because Hirai can design well if you can get past his same face. I'd consider the music of a saving grace but that's pushing it a bit much. The Cosmic Era as a whole is fucking squandered potential besides Stargazer which was fucking good.

phantom world

>I'd consider the music of a saving grace but that's pushing it a bit much
The music in SEED is amazing, but that's because that's all they spent their budget on

Destiny has the fourth highest BD sales in the franchise, got into almost every SRW game since Scramble Commander 2nd, has the largest fanbase with younger fans, and has the most developed setting of any Gundam AU, disaster this was not unless you are an exceptionally butthurt user from /m/

>go on /m/
/m/ isn't a source. Do you have actual facts to back it up? The only thing that's been proven is Kenichi Suzumura saying he preferred his character's treatment in SRW, as well as the general atmosphere of disagreement between Fukuda and the staff, all of that other shit sounds like gossip.

>parody
Literally how? And of what series, Tekkaman Blade?
>SEED Destiny also have those 'so bad it's funny' moments too, it's still garbage.
Still better than Iron Mnstruation

>Do you have actual facts to back it up?
There are some interviews scattered online, but I don't have links to em.
I only say /m/ because they'd probably have access to them

And that makes it somehow what good?

It was a mess and the complete utter shit posting about it on Sup Forums resulted in another board being formed.

>And that makes it somehow what good?
best entry in the franchise

>Destiny has the fourth highest BD sales in the franchise, got into almost every SRW game since Scramble Commander 2nd, has the largest fanbase with younger fans, and has the most developed setting of any Gundam AU

>disaster this was not

Explain to me in no uncertain terms how either of these things are relevant to eachother.

Destiny was the worst-written mecha show of all time.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure TM Revolution got most of that money. I think a few of the songs including the ones by See Saw were done by Kajiura when she was better than what she is currently.

Can someone explain me why the first GSD episodes up until Kira's reappearance was so good? Why did the breakdown occur after this?

Just within Gundam alone, there was the 00 movie, which yes, was even worse than Destiny.

And I assure you there's been worse stuff outside of the 00 movie made during these years.

>Can someone explain me why the first GSD episodes up until Kira's reappearance was so good?
It honestly wasn't. That's a very old meme. Don't get me wrong, quality declines as the series goes on, but it started lackluster.

>Destiny was the worst-written mecha show of all time.
Have you not seen Infinite Ryvius and Valvrave?

Code Geass R2.

Though that was the enjoyable kind of trainwreck.

I honestly have no idea and haven't looked into it.

What I can guess is that people wanted Kira back and so they wrote him back in.

>but it started lackluster.
come on, I think Destiny is bad, but the start was definitely something fresh.

We had a competent pilot who was fresh out the military, and instead of being a merciless killer, or a random civilian, he was a damaged kid out for revenge.

The Junius 7 arc was also pretty good when you think about what it did with the series' established world building,
and I liked the episodes where they just go around the world showing you how the EA is mistreating people, even in most other gundam series they never show you how the other side's actions affect civilians, you just get a colony drop, or you're told they're oppresive, but we rarely see it.

Sadly after that the show's overall quality TANKS

>Have you not seen Infinite Ryvius
>All the protagonists want to do is get off the boat
>All the antagonists want to do is get them off the boat
>Somehow this results in armed conflict and genocide
Fuck that show was flawed.

>Infinite Ryvius
I understand valverave, but Infinite Ryvius?

Pretty much this

Hell while we are at it the way the show starts was illogical

Earth Alliance provoking and instigating this conflict made no fucking sense, they were completely devastated and drained out by the previous conflict, so they sneak in this state of the art warship that has a cloaking feature and then decide to steal these new technology MS, ok that's fine but why the hell did they after this not launch the nuclear bombs as they would have in the previous show to knock out and cripple the enemies armed forces and then start the war.
While we are at it they had that damn generic death star rip off being constructed at the time making this early attack even more idiotic.

Seriously this show was not good it was just watching the Earth Alliance get completely fucked in the ass for 40 episodes and the guys who put up the best fight were mooks in Mobile Armours, speaking of which happened to that "our problems are solved now that we have this OS for Mobile Suits" in SEED Destiny EA mobile suits were shit and the MA were good.

>>All the antagonists want to do is get them off the boat

I forgot the details, but weren't they trying to kill the kids because they had knowledge of a military prototype?
Also I think somewhere in the show it said that those ships used a type of organic cpu that made people go crazy so that's another part of it.

it's been a while since I watched it though

I wouldn't sleep with an Athrun fangirl.

He could have been good instead they went down with the most generic garbage route

Either way, the kids wanted off the ship, they wanted the kids off the ship, and so they went to war. Even if you had to rub them out to keep the knowledge secret, surely that's easier when they're not controlling a military vessel.

Hell wasn't the ending just one of the enemy ships letting them get off?

>Hell wasn't the ending just one of the enemy ships letting them get off?

yeah I forgot exactly how it went but basically they mindbreak the enemy ship's captain after it's revealed his daughter who went missing was possesed by aliens and used as one of the ship's cpus.
There's a few pieces missing I forgot about but I don't think they were going to let the kids off alive.

Also iirc Airs Blu did something early in the series to screw them of any chance of getting off peacefully

This happened to me with Valvrave because I didn't browse the threads

It's okay to watch shit anime.

I ironically watch every anime that airs every season so I can shitpost about it

Came here to post this.

Big Order might be the biggest trainwreck I've ever seen.

>At first, he believes that when he was a kid, what he wished for when he was approached by Daisy was the destruction of the world, but, after being targeted to be assassinated by Rin, he remembers that what he wished for was world domination. Due to his wish, he gains the ability to control anything, living and non-living, as long as they are in his domain, that is, places he has placed his 'anchor' and 'wire' on. He places Rin under his control after he and his sister were about to be killed by her and ordered her to be his companion. He also becomes the leader of the infamous organization, "Dazaifu Government Organization" that seeks to create an independent country by declaring war on other countries. Eiji decides to rule this organization to create a world where his sister, Sena would be safe. He falls in love with Rin at first sight and spares her life when she tries to assassinate him.

This sure is some quality writing

Ryvius was much better written than Valvrave or SEED Destiny. The children acted their age.

Not really, because the protagonists and antagonists had no real communication between them for most of the story. Also, there wasn't really any genocide.

Geass R2 was more of a rollercoaster. It landed safely as opposed to Destiny crashing through the wall and hurting people.

No, not at all.

Destiny did something weird as fuck by completely switching the protagonists at one point for no reason other than Kira being popular. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

>Valvrave
>unintentional
This is what people with low power level really believe.

The rape scene was juxtaposed with Shoko winning the election and an episode later the OS girl flashed the word MARRIAGE all across the screen as a cliffhanger. Quite the opposite of maturity.

Fuck Guilty Crown.

The funny part is how the description sounds enticing compared to the actual show.

It's so full of terrible anime tropes and it takes nearly everything it has from other series like Code Geass, Mirai Nikki, etc.
Many things are unexplained, most of what is explained changes randomly and it makes no goddamn sense.

It's just such a clusterfuck of terrible.

Big Order was by the Future Diary guy. He has...strange ideas and fetishes.

>The children acted their age.
Evil fucks is not an age.

I was legitimately shocked that it was not based on a LN.

They were alone and without supervision. Did you not read Lord of the Flies? That was even darker.

Valvrave had a few semi-decent things, IR has literally nothing going for it whatsoever. I have seen every supposed anime that isn't stop motion or hentai. I have seen seizure inducing experimental shorts, Infinite Ryvius is the worst.

>every supposed BAD anime

THE CG alone will make you gouge your eyes out

also no its not a damn dreamcast game

Infinite Ryvius had an interesting portrayal of social conflict and drama in a tiny society governed by young teenagers, nice submarine-style mecha battles and character development. These are all good things.

It looks like a PS1 game.

Didn't they blow up Ganymede?

No, looks like a PS2 game.

Ps1 is a lot more blocky, less polygons.

Watch more anime.

A pre-rendered cutscene in a PS1 game then.

I don't recall, but they sure weren't trying to commit genocide there.