Net neutrality redditardation

Reminder that net neutrality is not an important issue, according to majority of economic research.

All net neutrality changes is how ISPs negotiate with bandwidth-heavy services like netflix.

>The research program then is to explore how a net neutrality rule would alter the distribution of rents and the efficiency of outcomes. After describing the features of the modern internet and introducing the key players, (internet service providers, content providers, and customers), we summarize insights from some models of the treatment of internet traffic, framing issues in terms of the positive economic factors at work. Our survey provides little support for the bold and simplistic claims of the most vociferous supporters and detractors of net neutrality.

aeaweb.org/articles?id=10.1257/jep.30.2.127

Reminder that leddit, as always, is ass-blasting over trivial issues

Other urls found in this thread:

degruyter.com/view/j/ev.2006.3.6/ev.2006.3.6.1194/ev.2006.3.6.1194.xml
nber.org/papers/w22040
academic.oup.com/jcle/article-abstract/6/3/497/886035
papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1894286
youtube.com/watch?v=Jy5Bs_avaFo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality#By_country
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck plebbit

Hi Sergei! Enjoy that .2 of a ruble.

As always, Putin seeks to undermine American freedom and democracy.

holy kek

that's right my kekistani brother, show those nazi bigots
shadilay

Sorry but I don't trust ((( economic research ))) by ((( economic experts )))

>economic research
(((economic research)))
First fucking author

Have some more articles, then:

degruyter.com/view/j/ev.2006.3.6/ev.2006.3.6.1194/ev.2006.3.6.1194.xml

nber.org/papers/w22040

academic.oup.com/jcle/article-abstract/6/3/497/886035

papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1894286

the current internet freedom act is laissez =-faire which prevented the creation of regulations regarding ISPs and related infrastructure. This results in corruption because their is a lack of preventing the companies from cutting deals with each other like in other industries, leading to the current situation of a lack of content on the internet and growing censorship as political figures buy into the industry and vice-versa. This is against capitalism because the deal is getting less clear and they hide behind apolapytic legalese and half-hearted claims of
>we don't owe you
when they commit fraud to their customer base

Muh net neutrality. The one consistent topic Sup Forums looks up while on their knees to their leddit overturds.

ISPs are not "laissez faire", it's a heavily monopolized and regulated industry. This is the real problem; if there were competition, a lot of problems in broadband would erase themselves over time.

"Light touch" regulation came about in the 21st century (in quotes because it is hardly that), but the regulation that gave ISPs their monopoly is still in place.

If they change net neutrality, they will also change the liability limitation.

If you are going to argue for or against net neutrality do not do it on "hurr other side likes/opposes it therefore I must oppose/like it"

Just shows you either have no argument or don't know shit about the subject and look into it through a tribal perspective

they are. You're referring to the subsidies that politicians were bribed to give, but the industry itself is liassez-faire

your ID should show a rainbow dick

lmfao he got recked xD i love reddit memes now :PP XD

Government created oligopoly =/= laissez faire.

The government, starting in the 1920s and 1930s actively discouraged competition because they though it would slow down access.

Nowadays, they set up all kinds of so-called pre-deployment barriers, which stifle broadband start-ups.

>Net neutrality isn't important

you want your ISP to charge you a premium for accessing high bandwidth content?

are you literally a mouth breathing fucking retard? you don't have to be a liberal to realise that attacking net neutrality in any way is fucking abhorrent and disgusting.

The ISP charges the third party for their use of high bandwidth service, not the customers.

If anything, net neutrality leads to higher prices across broad swaths of consumers, because ISPs oversell bandwidth, which gets clogged by data hogs like Netflix.

>The ISP charges the third party for their use of high bandwidth service, not the customers.

>thinking they won't pass the charges to the customers
>thinking they will simply absorb the costs

do you know how businesses that are in business to make a profit operate?

>fucking abhorrent and disgusting.

I smell Plebbitspeak.

I smell le 51%

Bong, my main point was that price discrimination does not necessarily fuck over customers.

ANYONE WHO SAYS "IT LETS THE CABLE COMPANIES CHARGE YOU MORE" OR "MUH TIERED WEBSITES" IS FULL OF SHIT

NOTICE THE AMOUNT OF ASTROTURFING THE VALLEY IS DOING AGAINST THIS. WHY IS ((REDDIT)) SHILLING SO MUCH? BECAUSE THEY'D HAVE TO PAY FOR INTERNET USAGE INSTEAD OF US.

THIS ALLOWS FOR COMPETITION ON THE INTERNET. IT BREAKS UP MONOPOLIES LIKE YOUTUBE, NETFLIX, AND R*DDIT WHICH CAN CURRENTLY OPERATE AT A LOSS AND STILL SURVIVE. IT ALLOWS FOR SMALLER COMMUNITIES TO COME BACK.

HOW IT ACTUALLY WORKS:
>COMCAST DETERMINES NETFLIX IS USING 70% OF THEIR TOTAL BANDWIDTH
>NETFLIX IS CURRENTLY PAYING RATE THE THAT SOME SHITTY BLOG IS PAYING
>NETFLIX NOW GETS A BILL TO COVER THE COSTS OF THEIR BUGMEN DRONES USING ALL OF COMCASTS BANDWIDTH
>NETFLIX CAN'T RAISE THEIR PRICES BECAUSE OF COMPETITION
>THEIR INSANE PROFIT MARGIN GOES DOWN
>COMPANIES CAN COMPETE EVEN MORE
THIS IS REAL CAPITALISM YOU STUPID FUCKS GO BACK TO LEDIT

yeah businesses never fuck over their customers, especially ISP's that are known to oversell their services. what could possibly go wrong

SOYBOY!!!!!

Sorry, this comment cannot be viewed by customers on our basic package, please upgrade today for an additional fee of $20.99- to view more of your favourite content.

Flawed logic. this isn't how it will work.

>ISP determines customer is accessing high bandwidth content
>"Hey, you need to pay for that, you're using more of our network that anyone else, that's not fair!"
>"that will be 19.99 and we will put you on our ULTRA PREMIUM SUPER USER package"
> if not we will throttle you till you are back in the age of dialup

I'm pro net neutrality but if you don't think the savvy internet users aren't going to route all traffic through a single port into a vpn if things go south, you're fucking retarded.

When it's expected that some people won't use their services, it's perfectly rational to oversell. Airlines do it all the time.

I'm not pro/anti net neutrality. I do think it wouldn't be an issue if there were competition in the industry.

However, leddit fantasies about net neutrality are not supported by evidence. They're just whining about "unfairness" like little bitches.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jy5Bs_avaFo

> savvy internet users

so that will be the majority then? you thick fuck.

it's okay if the majority internet users get fucked over as long as us the minority can get around it...for now, ..... wow.

You dont think streaming services or games will up their prices for having to pay extra to the ISP's? Pull your head outta your ass.

Hello comcast shill, how much are they paying you?

Who gives a shit about normies?

It's entirely dependent upon policy specifics. That's the whole god damn point of OP.

because eventually it will leech over and solutions will arise to prevent loopholes that allows people to get around the fee's. the best thing to do is to stop it every taking hold in the first place.

Can you imagine a Sup Forums without burgers?

top fucking kek
just like they'll eventually kill piracy right?

Before NN ISP's used to throttle and block bittorrent so yea they were fucking with piracy

if you lived here, you would see they had a good shot at it... do you want that to happen to in the USA except with bandwidth?

Here you have to use a VPN or tor to access torrent sites, nearly all are blocked by all major ISP's.

>thinking they won't create some system by which you have to login using a USA locked IP address to verify you are in the USA so your premium bandwidth can be allocated, thus rendering the golden shield of VPN's useless.

there are many ways they could go about making sure you are paying for the "premium" bandwidth you are using. the only reason they haven't done it yet is because net neutrality exists.

isp already throttle you and set a monthly bandwidth limit usually 250-300gb for almost two decades now.

reddit

spacing

We need more regulations that control how companies can use your PII. Surveillance capitalism is what let to Equifax breach.

Yeah, they totally killed bittorrent by making you have to spend 3-5$ a month on a VPN for 100% speeds. Bandwidth caps are worse for pirates than their shitty attempts at controlling traffic.

I have unlimited bandwidth cap and I only get throttled if I download more than 10gb during high traffic hours, then speed is reduced by half, when it turns 11pm I can download as much as I want at full line speed.

>Reddit spacing

press the enter key once you fucking mongoloid. it's default 4chin spacing

even moot knew you're a bugman.

>should we trust corporate jews or political jews

Oops meant for the shill with Bug in his id

soyboi

>All net neutrality changes is how ISPs negotiate with bandwidth-heavy services like netflix.
pretty much
did NN save stormfront? Daily stormer?
It did not.

Net neutrality is just one bullet point on a script that repeats itself. You'll hear about it next year, and the year after that. Be sure to tune in to see if hope fulfills you.

Shilling this hard for telcom monopolies

fuck off leddit

They don't have "net neutrality" in any other country in the world besides America. It's just some Obama era commie bullshit that forces the cost of internet up.
>timecube and 1chan must have the same bandwidth allocation as youtube and netflix
>mass slowdown on popular sites to accomodate the nonexistent 1chan traffic
>OY VEY! WE'VE GOTTA ALL BUY THE FASTER INTERNET CONNECTION GOYIM!

((( Shane Greenstein )))

They'll use this chance to demand 'offensive' sites like Sup Forums either change their moderation rules or else get utterly shut down and we all know it

Other countries have net neutrality you fucking retard.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality#By_country