Therapists

Burgers, what the fuck is going on with you guys and therapists? I browse leddit at work for keks and because this place is blocked, and the first suggestion to virtually every problem is to "see a therapist".

Seriously, go on r/relationships and you will see a huge proportion of threads end in someone getting therapy etc. What the fuck is up with that? I know it is really tinfoil hat tier, but the frequency of it being suggested and taken up on is actually pretty alarming. I live in the north of Scotland and besides one girl I went to school with who is actually insane, no one sees therapists. They don't exist here, and everyone does just fine.

How did this "therapy" culture start? And why does no one ask questions about it? This is not a troll thread, I am genuinely concerned. That shit isn't normal, and should not be pushed as hard as it currently is.

Jews. We have a lot of Jews

this

Places like that are packed with weak willed dumb broads who can't fix shit by themselves that's why.
>OH MY GOD MY BOYFRIEND OF 2 MONTHS DUMPED ME
>better go see a therapist

It seems to be absolutely everywhere and the solution to everything though. Do peopl actually accept this as normal and part of life? This is seriously fucked up.

Assuming you are a burger, is it actually as widespread in the US as it seems online?

Therapists are usually Jews, it's not a meme.

jew garbage basically. Another country that has a lot of therapy is Argentina, which, incidentally, has a high % of kikes in its population .

It's essentially an abdication of personal responsibilty to give good and honest advice to other people....ex: "Well, you shouldn't have fucked a nigger"...or "Your happiness/wellbeing is your responsibility and no one else's"...

Because advice can be commodified! Fuck getting relevant and insightful advice for free from family and friends, now you’ve gotta pay for statistically significant, research-backed advice from professional strangers.

It seems so, I've known around 10 girls in my life that see therapists often and they act like not seeing a therapist means you're mentally unstable or a weirdo. Most of the time its for fucking stupid reasons like their dog died and they can't get over it

Are they actually blunt and factual with people? Or do they just offer vague insights and expect you to come back for more?

How do you guys stand for this shit? Has it always been this way or is this a new thing?

>being in control of your own emotions

scotland confirmed, the scots all complain about the adult babies when they come down here.

Are you serious? That is fucking madness. Does anyone speak out against it? I'm sure that shit isn't cheap either

Most are vague and expect you to come back...this is fairly new here and is a direct result of PC culture. For instance, got to r:/relationships and give some blunt factual advice and you are insta-banned...

You are absolutely right to be alarmed. My mother, for example, basically has a level of faith in therapists that is on the level of religious faith. She had me and my brother seeing them when we were kids (I mean like elementary school age). It really is a very sinister and alarming phenomenon. And yes, jews have played a big role in pushing this stuff.

Kek do we? A couple of my mates have moved to Australia recently and they say the locals put us to shame with drinking / harsh but funny banter.

They both like it a lot there. Also no therapy

Ask them if australian men are big sooks who can't drive in fog, they'll appreciate it.

Does anyone call it out as a massive scam? Obviously there are a few people who have real and genuine issues, but it just seems so accepted.
What did you see them as kids for? Was that normal? I mean, I said and did a lot of stupid things as a kid but turned out fine. Well, aside from this place.

As to what they are like, they can vary. My mom had me see a Freudian therapist once when I was like 8. I asked her (the therapist) if she owned a dog (the session was at her house). She responded, "do you think I own a dog?" "I don't know," I said, "that's why I'm asking you." She refused to tell me if she had a dog, and after my asking her repeatedly and her not telling me I ended up getting really upset. The reason she wouldn't tell me is that Freudians have this theory that if the patient knows anything about the personal life of the therapist, the patient will end up projecting his emotional issues onto the therapist, and this will interfere with the therapy, or something like that. Needless to say, these are really sick people (the therapists, I mean).

I'm in the South, so therapy not as prevalent...mainly loopy bitches with money. Psychiatrists around here on the other hand, see quite a few patients...but they don't do any counseling...just medication. Tons of women in my area on psychoactive meds..

I didn't see them "for" anything. People like my mother believe that everyone should them throughout life no matter what. The idea is that everyone has emotional issues and needs to explore them with a professional, or something like that. It's not as though I was disemboweling squirrels in the back yard or something. I was just sent to therapy by default.

why did your mom send you to therapist at that age? what did you do user?