Blood+ was good. Blood+ live action wasn't terrible. Blood C is shit. Why?

Blood+ was good. Blood+ live action wasn't terrible. Blood C is shit. Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gx1W_EyKWKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KAO743dXVqM
youtube.com/watch?v=j6ItZd6-H4w
youtube.com/watch?v=G6EwupJYamM
youtube.com/watch?v=QvTBJSZ44zE
productionig.com/contents/works_sp/20_/s08_/000536.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Blood+ was good.
Eh.
Blood the Last Vampire was good.
The rest of the franchise is mostly a disappointment.
The BloodC movie at least looks nice, and a few of the manga are, if not good, at the very least readable.

because you touch yourself at night

No, mommy does.

Blood the Last is definately the best of them all.

Blood+ definitely had issues, but I enjoyed the ride, and the ending was about as good as it could have been.

I'm kinda surprised I almost never see Blood+ discussed on Sup Forums. I always assumed it wasn't very popular. I've always liked Blood the Last Vampire and Blood+, but Blood C was pretty disappointing.

Blood the Last Vampire was the best.
Blood+ was good.

Blood C was such trainwreck, people actually like to be reminded just how bad it is.

Would reading Blood+ manga first be a mistake if I haven't watched anything from the series?

I liked Blood the Last Vampire and Blood+. Never saw BloodC after being told to avoid it. That's where that one village massacre gif that was made a banner comes from right? What was the context of that scene?

Blood C was crazy fun

Blood+ was kinda boring, it had too many episodes

>What was the context of that scene?
edge

>Blood+ was good.
Let me guess. You watched it when you were a teenager and haven't re-watched it since because that's the only explanation for your shit taste.
>Blood the Last Vampire LOOKS good.
FTFY. The movie feels like an overly long pilot meant to showcase the visuals rather than spin an actually engaging narrative with memorable characters. It being the best thing in the franchise cements how bad it all is.

>edge
Well they missed that and hit comedy gold.

Don't cut yourself on that edge kiddo.

I rest my case

Blood+ was too long for it's own good, and should have been half as long.

How anyone can call Blood+ a "good" series is completely beyond my comprehension.

The last 10 episodes, for one, go absolutely nowhere (pretty much everything is set for the final confrontation around episode 41, but they manage to stall until 47 or so) and include multiple instances of things that basically amount to "we could go hunt down Diva, but let's wait until she executes her big plan instead and just sit around this table in our sweet new NYC apartment for a couple months." They also create really ridiculous false drama and/or "revelations" late in the series by making everybody react to certain events in a way that makes absolutely no sense considering the rules of the fictional universe that these characters are all aware of, and then they react in shock when events unfold as you would expect in a universe governed by said rules (see also: everything involving Hagi and Amshel in the last several episodes).

here were storylines that went literally nowhere (the Sciff), a number of characters that the show treated as relatively major characters who served little to no purpose other than to have meaningless sidestories to half-heartedly justify dragging the series out to 50 episodes (Solomon, Van Argeno, Moses, Karman, Carl, James, Okamura, etc.), and an absurd cop-out ending. Not to mention the entire climax is a complete disaster and they don't even address things like the fact that even though they stopped Diva and everything, they still did so only after her broadcast got through to most of the world and, theoretically, turned everyone into chiropterans the way it did in New York City. I guess bombing a landmark in NYC is enough to revert all the human beings elsewhere in the city and around the world back into humans, despite there being no stated way of doing this at any point ever in the previous 48 or so episodes in the series? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

This. Most people who say its good watched it at an impressionable age but the show is downright unwatchasble due to how long and dull it is. Say what you will about Blood-C but it was at least entertaining.

But the gore makes it super mature right guise?????

Fuck I'm reminded of Trinity blood in from this thread. WHY. WHY DO YOU END A SERIES LIKE THAT?!

And that's not even touching on Saya's complete ineptitude as a heroic protagonist. She goes through the "too scared to fight -> sees horrible things happen to people because she's too scared to fight -> finally resolves to fight -> rinse and repeat" cycle about 9 times (not exaggerating) in the first 15 episodes alone and continues to do so all the way until the time skip. When she comes back, she's intolerable in the COMPLETE OPPOSITE fashion, because there's apparently no middle ground with Saya. And then for the last 10 episodes or so ALL dialogue between Saya and Kai (well, really Kai and just about any character Kai is willing to talk to, honestly) features some variation on "let's all go back to Okinawa and be happy!" Oh, she also spends most of that time bed-ridden and in dismal health, yet she's apparently still capable of fighting the big bad villain even in that state, which makes you wonder why the hell everyone is so scared of Diva and friends in the first place if they feel like they can put all their hopes into a consistently unreliable and emotionally unbalanced invalid.

And the only person in the series more useless than Saya is Hagi. His "fighting style" apparently consists of "take mortal injury, make Saya fight on her own for a while even if she can't, swoop in at the last second to throw a dagger that will mildly irritate an opponent because she's retarded and can't actually do anything for herself even when faced with death." He gets literally zero character growth in the series. He starts the series getting impaled by enemies, being emotionally aloof, relatively silent, and having a creepy infatuation with Saya and ends the series getting impaled by enemies, being emotionally aloof, relatively silent, and having a creepy infatuation with Saya only now he's forced by someone else to say he loves her in order to stop her from killing babies...totally character growth

not to mention that saya is better at the start of the series than at the end, her character UNdevelops

Oh fuck. I'm starting to remember Trinity Blood. I know I don't want to remember the ending, but my brain is working to undo the block on it.

Blood+ Saya is really the worst one just for the sheer frustration of her "development" or lack of thereof because they needed to stretch it out for 50 episodes with so little material to work with.

Otonashi Saya > Kisaragi Saya

/discussion

The worst part of this series is that Kai never got fucking murdered. I hated that that little bastard

>Blood+ was good

don't be mean to me, user

Clamp

>watched Blood+ during airing date
>got tired and dropped it with only two episodes left
it really was way too long. this should've been just a 1 cour anime. 2 at most.

Blood+ is mediocre. It has its moments, but it's incredibly long and slow and boring.
Blood C is a fucking dumpster fire. It doesn't only qualify as one of the worst anime ever made, but also as one of the worst anything ever made.

i found blood+ extremely boring and couldn't watch it past episode 4.
Blooc-C is an extremely funny trainwreck, it would have even been a 7/10 if they didn't made the movie

Still funny thou, the respawn at the end of almost every character killed had me like "WTF dude"

How can someone so moe be a such a cold killer?

Yes, it's very rushed, and unless you know the characters before hand, the whole thing feels janky as fuck in terms of whats actually going on.

Read it after though, it has a somewhat nicer ending than the anime.

It was the opposite for me, actually, when I watched it the first time I was pretty bored, and the only thing I liked about it was the soundtrack. But rewatching it later made me appreciate it more.

It's got problems, no doubt about that, and I can see what you mean by it being dull in parts, but overall I thought it was a pretty solid story and genuinely entertaining, though the latter half was definitely not as good as the beginning.

>Blood C is a fucking dumpster fire. It doesn't only qualify as one of the worst anime ever made, but also as one of the worst anything ever made.
Sup ANN

>Blood+ is mediocre
Nah its just shit. Blood C is the kind of series that didn't have much to it to begin with so they didn't even bother while Blood+ tried so hard to be the next big thing and failed spectacularly by being way too overly long, dull and having shitty characters. I don't know why something like Blood C was made but its production woes is a lot more interesting than anything in Blood+

GTFO you weak shits, blood c was glorious

>B+ thread

I never thought I'd live to see this again

Diva is best girl

We have them every once in a while.

> mfw Saya was distraught at Diva dying even though she literally raped her little brother to death

Blood+ was a ride

Little sister > little brother.

I liked the blonde gay man that had the power of fast.

You mean that guy that did nothing?

Wasn't it revealed that he was actually the Chevalier of the mother Chiropteran or something? I was kind of pissed off that in the manga they make him the asshole one even though he was probably the most reasonable and calm person of all of Diva's servants.

>Chevalier of the mother Chiropteran

Not in the anime, he always watched everything from the sidelines and just died because of Diva

>Blood the Last Vampire was good.
>The rest of the franchise is mostly a disappointment.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Saya went from a badass Vampire slayer with a ambiguous origin( at least in the ova) to a whiny school girl who needs a sword to become a vampire slyer and some bishi bodyguard. In fact Saya seems to become more lame and inept with each new Blood series. If they make another one i am expecting "Saya" to be a braindead borderline retarded moeblob , who can barely swing her sword without injuring herself

Really? I thought it was kind of implied through the fact that he talks about 'history repeating itself' and considering he survives a direct hit by Saya and taking in her blood.

At the very least, he was in another league compared to the other Chevaliers that Diva had.

Blood +
>Saya is conflicted about killing Diva and is sad in the end when she dies

Blood: The Last Vampire (Manga)
>Saya's evil twin sister "Maya" is causing her trouble. So she fucking eats her.

And at no point does the show make Diva sympathetic but I guess because she had Riku''s rape children we're suppose to feel sorry for her demise. Jesus Christ everything about this show is fucking stupid.

Nah, C Saya is pure shit. Clamp ruining Blood was annoying.

I can kind of see where the emotion was coming from there, I mean, Diva was her first friend and technically the only blood related family she had, but yeah, after all she'd done to Saya and her family, I can't really ever feel sorry for her.

Though they do make a point in the anime and manga to say that Amshel raised her really warped and until Saya said she was going to kill her, Diva had no idea that what she was doing was considered 'wrong'.

Nope. Hell in the movie she's more badass than Blood+ Saya. Even when Saya decided to go edgy during the timeskip she was still fucking shit.

Yeah I remember that being said.....in the very last episode after her death.
>Diva had no idea that what she was doing was considered 'wrong'.
You know...dressing up as the guy you raped in front of the people that hate your ass and then taunting them with it goes beyond not knowing right or wrong by then you're just being a cunt

Watched Blood+ years ago so I can't remember shit about it, something about an immortal girl that forgets stuff? Was it focused on action and edgy gore or was it more of a romance? Regardless, I remember it being kinda mediocre.

Nah, the movie is a boring fest of uninteresting gore with Clamp fucking it again introducing their stupid tangled world.
+Saya was consistent in her problems, her relations with people around her, and her own doubts. But I recognize forcinng the 50 chapters lenght was a mistake. But the last scene was heartbreaking.

Which fit her character to a letter really.

Yeah, like I said, it's a pretty weak excuse, but it exists, in Diva's weird ass head she still liked Riku, so cutting her hair like his was probably just a cute idea to her.

Though by the end ((of the anime, anyway)) she does seem pretty aware that she's doing some horrific shit, and just doesn't care.

Sup Forums has the second worst taste of ANY board out there (the worst goes to Sup Forums).

It's like going on Sup Forums and praising the latest Nickelback album as being "okay".

Just saying how it is.

But the last scene was heartbreaking.

Yeah, I mean, what a crappy trade off, you're immortal and basically invincible, but you only get a few years of being active at a time before having to hibernate for decades.

>+Saya was consistent in her problems, her relations with people around her, and her own doubts
>Saya fight
>No
>Character dies
>I guess I'll have to fight
>Repeat
Add in with the amount of stupid decisions she made throughout the show like giving Riku her blood and trying to "save" an enemy but winded up killing her regardless.
> But the last scene was heartbreaking.
Only if you're a fucking pussy. Everything about that ending was hoaky as fuck

I was about to disagree but now I remember that we unironically like NGE and Re Zero

>the movie is a boring fest of uninteresting gore
Wasn't talking about the movie just Saya in it. And you just described Blood+

i.e. the shit they added at the last minute about her not knowing right or wrong but has a conscience enough to want to protect her babies is a load of shit

Please don't bully my waifu's anime

>we
So you can't have your own opinion?

blood C is by far the most narratively interesting of any of the blood storylines

The bunny blender-demon one?

Fuck that was ridiculous

Clamp, pls, go to fix your entire franchise.

"We" as in "board" not as "I'm stupid and whatever people enjoy, I enjoy"

That's what happens when you leave women in charge. Has clamp ever done anything anyone likes?

>Blood+ was good
You watched it on Adult Swim as a teenager and haven't actually seen it since have you?

Because Blood+ is shit

I see Saya hasn't protected some of you when the show was airing.

Blood+ had issues but the openings were good 2=3>1> and the plot felt more holistic and logical. Blood C was a trainwreck but holy shit it was pure fun to watch with Sup Forums and left more pleasant memories. Also I was clampfag at that time and I was expecting moe Saya and kind other characters that's why that gore felt double ridicules.

Cardcaptor Sakura
xxxHolic
Clover
X
Kobato
I liked Chobits and they were popular back in the days but I don't know how people think of it now

You forgot Angelic Layer.

Lesbian here!

Just a reminder that we are taking over. The fact is women have NEVER been attracted to men: we needed them for protection, economic support and procreation, and sex is what we traded for those things (or they just raped us).

But now? First-world men have been totally domesticated, so no need to worry about violence. We're taking over the work force too, so we can provide for ourselves. And medical science has made procreative sex totally unnecessary; we can just buy the sperm (with our superior earnings) and have it cleanly injected without getting within ten feet of a penis.

Women are naturally more attracted to other women. Who wouldn't be? We're beautiful, soft and smooth and curvy, basically the opposite of hairy oafish ape-like men. And we know how to please each other like no man ever could. Lesbian sex can last for hours.

Every day more and more "straight" girls are being turned. The world of the future is where a small number of strong men act as our designated studs and the rest of you losers are eunuchs designated for manual labor exclusively. Deal with it.

-/u/

Yeah, it was good too.

youtube.com/watch?v=gx1W_EyKWKQ

The fights in Blood c were pretty good

I seemed to remember that Blood+ had really great OPs and you know what I was right

youtube.com/watch?v=KAO743dXVqM
youtube.com/watch?v=j6ItZd6-H4w
youtube.com/watch?v=G6EwupJYamM
youtube.com/watch?v=QvTBJSZ44zE

(I totally forgot Hyde did OP2. Remember when L'Arc-en-Ciel was the hottest shit ever?)

Season's Call was good but as a whole Colors of the Heart was much better senpai, the OP was brilliant

productionig.com/contents/works_sp/20_/s08_/000536.html

>Remember when L'Arc-en-Ciel

Ready Steady Go is still the best FMA opening

>Remember when L'Arc-en-Ciel was the hottest shit ever?
Oh, I 'member

dude

bunny blender

lmao

Twin ripping, bro

>and the plot felt more holistic and logical.
>plot holes out the ass
Right...

Just compare it to Blood C with killings left and right while "protection" was going on.

I respectfully disagree.

Blood+ is the kind of anime that is so good you wish it were better.

Pacing was indeed off, but unlike a lot of shows, it wasn't exactly a problem with filler where they rush to finally have a plot at the end.

Music was tops, art was excellent, and they had a lot of potential in the plot. Perhaps too much, since they couldn't explore it all.

Imagine if they had had the opportunity to cover the WW1 or WW2 periods, or even Nam.

And you have to give them credit, they didn't just set things in some random artificial city, it was in real places.

Nathan's death was ambiguous, he just fell in a hole.

>Blood+ was good

>Blood+ is the kind of anime that is so good you wish it were better.
What the fuck

So I've watched up to episode 25.
So far it's ok, not terrible but not particularly good either.
Is it worth it to keep watching?

I always felt that would be an interesting /tg game, you and the other players make some characters and see how long you survive. "Winning" is rare, if even possible but losing is still fun.

>Was a clampfag
>Defending clamp shit
Big suprise.

Nobody gives a crap if crap sucks, but you see something that is able to reach a truly top mark, yet falls short, it actually feels more disappointing.

he was literally diamonds

Even their shit is funnier than generic shonenshit with no progression

I think along of people forget how Saya still has leftover guilt of being the loved sister, and that it could have easily been the other way around, but she never gets to focus on these feelings because overall no way around it Diva has to die.

To me it seemed that the plan for years has been kill Diva and end the conflict, over and over again, but when it finally happens all those complicated emotions come out. It doesn't help that when the babies come up she's forced to see Diva in another light rather than a monster. Which in the end is all she wanted for back in the beginning was to have a close bond with a sister that wasn't demon Hitler.

Also want to point out Saya expected to die there. She probably didn't want to be the one to gain again as the other loses. Diva has found something to give her the happiness she never had and Saya's there at the end of the line ready for death yet fate still chooses her

The ride begins when Diva appears and wrecks havoc, so yes