What's your opinion of Dr. Jordan Peterson?

What's your opinion of Dr. Jordan Peterson?

Is he Legit?

A scam?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PfH8IG7Awk0
youtube.com/watch?v=kTVn4MauvBg&t=1s
archive.is/7nTbU
youtube.com/watch?v=KbA9ALOrHaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtu.be/PfH8IG7Awk0

Listen to him and make up your own mind

>employed at elite university
>decries "postmodernism" while being postmodern as fuck
>psychologist by trade who pretends to be everything else
>gets over $100k/month from mysterious "donors" on patreon
>has an annoying faggot voice
He is basically the right wing Dawkins.

His advice is useful as fuck for people with depression that genuinely need to sort their life out
stop treating him like some political figure

This.
>I'm an anti-postmodernist christian traditionalist who believes in God
>lol the bible is allegorical and none of that shit actually happened, and God doesn't exist
>also pay $10 to fill out my questionnaire and go clean your room

He removed my idiot militant atheism by making a good counterargument in every way possible.

Now considering taking my daughter to church.

I like what he has to say, but it is hard not to catch a whiff of controlled opposition there. Even one voice of reason in Leafcuckistan is something to support.

Nigger he makes dawkins look like a petulant child.

>Peterson
>Right-wing

oh my god your'e right

>decries "postmodernism" while being postmodern as fuck
Hurr durr everyone is a post modernist

He hates post modernism, but has no logical arguments against it, so he groups it in the same category as feminists and neomarxists and blanketly refutes them all by saying "they ignore biology".
And his moral philosophy is very weak, premised upon the same arguments as Peter Singer, but doesn't see the degnerative logical end.

He's a legit scam.

AND THAT'S THE BLOODY THING WITH IDEOLOGIES. YOU KNOW I ALWAYS SAY THAT PEOPLE DON'T HAVE IDEAS, IDEAS HAVE PEOPLE. AND THAT'S THE BLOODY IDEA THAT'S WRAPPED ITS HEAD AROUND AN UNDERWATER KOREAN BASKET WEAVING CARTOON MESSAGE BOARD.

IT'S LIKE.

IT'S LIKE YOU DECIDE OK, OK SO LETS SAY YOU TURN IN AN ESSAY OR A TEST AND YOU GET A PRETTY POOR GRADE YOU KNOW, ONE YOU DIDN'T THINK YOU WERE GOING TO GET. NOW YOU'VE ENCOUNTERED AN ANOMALY. YOU'VE LEFT THE TREES AND YOU'RE ON THE VELDT, AND THAT'S THE BLOODY THING. IT'S NOT ON YOUR OWN VOLITION OF COURSE. SO YOU'VE GOT A COUPLE OF OPTIONS YOU CAN BUCKLE DOWN AND TRY HARDER. OR LETS SAY THIS BAD GRADE THROWS YOU SO. FAR. OFF. THE. TRACK. THAT YOU SAY WELL I COULD JUST DROP THIS CLASS. I COULD JUST DROP OUT OF COLLEGE. I COULD DROP OUT OF THE NORMS OF SOCIETY. AND THEN YOU CAN DROP OUT OF LIFE.

AND BELIEVE ME. THAT IS NOT A ROUTE YOU WANT TO GO DOWN. YOU CAN EXTRAPOLATE THE CONSEQUENCES OF A BAD GRADE ALL THE WAY TO GENOCIDE. AND THAT'S NO JOKE

anyone who doesnt like him
has a messy room

Why do you right wing retards keep falling for the same style of scam artist and autists every week? It's like you're dumb or something.

Well atleast somebody slayed the dragon.

disillusioned with him after he disinvited Faith Goldy from a free speech event just because she spoke to the wrong people. Especially since he was smeared and disinvited from unis for the same reason. He was OK with riding the bad-press-wagon and playing the free speech martyr when he started, but now he's desperately trying to avoid bad press so he can keep his precious shekels. also
>10 dollars for a personality test that his patreons funded

and while we're at it, Gad BASED JEW Saad made a video reading Faith's fans anti-semitic comments out loud, then pretending he wasn't trying to guilt her by association. Typical kike tactics. Playing the victim, trying to smear someone, then going dindu nutting all in one package.
youtube.com/watch?v=kTVn4MauvBg&t=1s

dirty room post modernist shills

kek

He made me postpone killing myself by a couple of years at most.

>YOU CAN EXTRAPOLATE THE CONSEQUENCES OF A BAD GRADE ALL THE WAY TO GENOCIDE. AND THAT'S NO JOKE

Well Hitler didn't get accepted into art school.

So yeah, you can.

This is a meme but in reality I was freaking so much about the possibility of getting a C in a class that I went pretty far down that logical pathway, at least to dropping out of college and normal life

He’s a great source of wisdom but shouldn’t be followed blindly

Giggled quite a few times. 9.5/10

the only intelligent, eloquent and non-cringe guy that i've found that can actually articulate things without coming across as a clown i.e. most of the "alt right" Sup Forums e-celebs

>thinking that self-improvement and actualization is a scam

>e being postmodern as fuck
how?

I did so poorly in a class in undergrad and had so much anxiety that i called up a biological illustrator i saw online and started asking him about being an artist. Glad I pushed through that to become a doctor.

And what happens when Sup Forums's flavor of the month ourguy turns on you one day just because you blindly idolized him and tried to brush off any criticism as shilling?
I like Peterson and I gave free future authoring passwords to all my friends, but the hypocrisy here has to be pointed out.

I know him personally, and he is like a reformed artist. He is part Scottish and i feel like his utilitarian workaholic came out and thusly he is philo-semetic as are much of the Scots.

>Peterson isn't a modernist

Philo-Semitic*

Literally who?

I like him, he tries his best.
He gets a little carried away sometimes and starts to babble. But he is still a good guy nonetheless. I think he has good intentions in mind, for most people.

The things he says in his talks are true, important, and valuable. I can't speak to his future authoring shit because I would never pay for something like that; it smacks of a self-help program and I assume those are largely horseshit. I don't begrudge him for making a fuckton of money on patreon either.

at least he has data to show that asking wayward people to think about the future helps them. In that way it's already better than all the self-help books.

you should listen more carefully and get out of taking your religion so literally. he is pro religious values. he argues nietsche's points about replacing religion with something that has the same values but isnt religion because bad connotations

Right, and he doesn't insert that shit in conversations where it's not relevant, he really only uses it to answer questions of "hey how do I fix my life in x/y/z way". Which is fair enough.

>peterson thread
>1st to 3rd post always some diss or 'breakdown' on who he is
>post has a dozen replies with 'this' or similar posts agreeing

I'm not a Peterson nut hugger but y'all Peterson haters really like clicking his picture on Sup Forums.

He really is a truly nice person. Honestly success could not have come to someone that deserved it (or needed it) more. Sad to see the Canadian media trashing him, really unfair and dumb articles, like this one: archive.is/7nTbU

Peterson wants to believe he's a radical individualist, but hes staring at the greener grass of traditional fascism on the other side of the fence, while claiming the grass on his side is a darker shade of green. He's an individualist that preaches fascism and doesn't think he is fascist.

Do you even know what fascism is?

Individualism and fascism are diametrically opposed.

Funny how there is no meaning in your babble.

Just meaningless speech, did you pick this up from Sup Forums they are masters of it. Or maybe, addicted to it is a better explanation.

How is he a fascist?

Fascism is a balance of collectivism and individualism. Radical individualism is bad, Radical Collectivism is bad.

A fellow JF fan I see.

This

Fascism is not a balance, it is the leader as philosopher king. You know not of which you speak. All others are subsumed under the ego of the leader. You life is meaningless and a bullet waits beyond ever truth against the regime you may utter. The Biblical code of not murdering are thrown out and human life becomes grist for the abattoir.

What the fuck are you talking about? Leaf?

Read a book instead of infographics on Sup Forums, son.

Apparently my interpretation of what I've read is far different from yours.

No idea, and it looks like I won't be hearing too much about him any more.

Fascism comes from the root, faces, the bundle of spears that indicated prestige and power, and right to rule, to the Roman Republic. It became the symbol of the Emperors and their philosophy can be summed up as "The strong did what they willed and the weak did as they must" The whims of the Emperor were divine and no man or beast could escape their wrath. The Biblical codes of the Jews changed, rocked the Roman world, the notion that humans, slaves even, had Natural Rights, was the water that eroded the rock of the Autocracy of Rome. In the 19th Century, writers like Nietzsche and Schopenhauer became entranced by this Dualism, this Jewish Morality which ended the European amorality.

The Facists were attempting a resurgance of this Pre-Biblical Morality. They failed as once human had bit from the fruit of knowledge (Natural Rights) they could never turn back into animals, amoral and part of nature. Western Civilization could never go back.

I would prefer to live in Nazi Germany than the modernism we have now.

The greatest orator of our time.

His lecture series is ok if you need something to listen to while working or something. Don't watch him on other shows or buy his shit and he won't annoy you.

Were you not the one accusing Peterson of coveting greener grass? In fact you wouldn't enjoy Nazi Germany at all, their society was doomed to fail, when all internal and external enemies were extinguished more would be needed and it would end up eating itself alive.

The fact you can even say this with a straight face is a sad testament to the naivety of youth.

he's done and is doing this to many others in the west. He's having a positive effect over all.

His political lectures aren't great but everyone needs to watch his Biblical Series

Did anyone read this in a jordan peterson voice?

Holy shit you're a narcissist. Are you Peterson himself? You sound like a condescending prick.

>society was doomed to fail.

What proof do you have of that, Nazi Germany was unbelievable successful, the only way it collapsed was because of outside influence.

Hes legit, anyone who advocates for self improvement and has such good arguments while also admitting when he lacks information is legit in my book. Big fan of him.

Two assassination attempts on the Fuhrer belie your vain assurances. I'll leave it to the lurker to decide which of us is the narcissist.

leftypol shill detected.

Also, if you like Peterson and want people similar, look up Douglas Murray, Camile Paglia, and Stephen Hicks

youtube.com/watch?v=KbA9ALOrHaA

ifs youre still a brainlet wasting time on alt-right shit like faith goldy or lauren southern, you should probably just kill yourself right now

Oh shit I'm literally watching a podcast with him right now.

It collapsed because it took on the whole world all at once. It was like a retarded child who got mad and started punching everyone including its parents. It was their own fuckin fault.

Scam

>the only way it collapsed was because of outside influence.

maybe starting a world war was a bad idea

>assassins never come from outside influences.

That's just dishonest. I understand you don't like NatSoc, and I understand you believe Peterson is the next Socrates, but you don't have to act like a pompous asshole, just because i disagree with him.

He's a clearly scam artist now, although he wasn't necessarily one before he gained popularity.

Most the topics I hear him discuss are so random and all over the place and never really gets into the meat of the topic. The lectures he uploads to youtube and almost blatantly designed to be cutup and uploaded to youtube. His students mean nothing to him at this point.

It's clear he reads a lot, but he really isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

You don't disagree with him, you disagree with a phantom you have created.

People treat neonazis like petulant children because that is exactly how you guys behave in EVERY interaction with anyone

If a world war happened today, and The US lost, forfeiting Texas to Mexico. Then 10 years later we find out that the Mexicans are literally genociding the white Americans living in Newly acquired Texas. Would it be morally wrong for the US to declare war on Mexico to prevent anymore genocide?

In what way is he postmodern?

A fucking rich leaf charging 10 dollars for a generic personality test and being a rat about the Faith Goldy question. He's a bonified Jew. OH HEY LE KEKISTAN BOYS MAKE YOUR BED AND SLAY THE DRAGON BY GIVING ME YOUR SHEKELS

>Well I do declare, according to my immeasurable intelligence preceded by my innumerable sense of knowledgeable understanding.

That you are trying to hard to sound Intelligent.

I dont think you understand what a scam artist is. I smell a lefty who would call Trump a nazi IRL because definitions dont matter.

>Mexicans are literally genociding the white Americans living in Newly acquired Texas.

Are you referring to the neonazi lie about a genocide of Germans at the hand of the poles? The one that has no basis at all in reality?

>faith goldy

lol opinion trashed

>Well that's just propaganda.

Wow their really is no use having constructive discourse with you Peterson fanboys.

legit, imo.

He's the cure for r9k

This place is crawling with shills

>wasting my time trying to dialogue with a nazilarp

my silly

This

Polak here, there was a german violent uprising in Poland which was dealt with very fairly. It was either puppeteered by germans or they just made it into a symbol of how polaks are evili with exaggerating propaganda. Also kys.

9/10 if not a copypasta

He's alright. Has a few interesting ideas but a little too over hyped.

I'm amazed his career didn't get destroyed

Hes too good to be destroyed

My God my number...

nice

It's really sad, I actually like Peterson, I think he is a net positive in many aspects, but you fanboys have actually made me dislike him. You're just as bad as Rick and Morty fans.

>To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Jordan Peterson.

Numbers have spoken

>Implying it wasn't polish jews inflicting or influencing the attacks on ethnic Germans.

I am part polish, I hold no ill will towards you.

The holy quints have spoken!

The Eternal Peterson continues his quest of dragon slaying.

Well he has a way of putting things so that everyone understands so some people get drunk on understanding shit.

Theres no evidence of that so you can shove that argument up your vag.

>You have to have a very high IQ to understand why Hitler was so great and I'd rather live in his tyranny then my most free country

Do you not notice your projections?