Wings of Honneamise

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hI7HMy011HA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WoH was a bit too preachy with the whole anti-human message though

It's been years since I watched Honneamise, but how was it anti-human?

>Wings of Honneamise
Truly, why can't we have more of that?

"I'm working on it"
-Hiroyuki Yamaga since 1992

>le "I hate Evangelion, I'm so cool and unique because I hate THE masterpiece of Japanese animation, I'm soooo cool and contrarian because I'm going against Sup Forums's most universally beloved and respected anime series" meme
Fucking kill yourself hipster trash garbage waste of oxygen, god fucking damn am I sick of you fucking people

Eva is trash. Most of Sup Forums know that. You are the minority buddy. A vocal minority.

Remember when they were making these awful Evangelion is deep theories with a bunch of biblical ass pull connections what a disgrace

I feel sort of alone in really disliking Wings of Honneamise.

What did you like about it?

Wasn't Aoki Uru set for a 2018 release?

#
God Tier soundtrack
Great character designs
Pseudo "diesel punk" setting
Great vehicle design
Interesting characters

>Wings of Honneamise

my negro

I mean, it was a nice watch, but it wasn't really anything I'd put "up there" with the exception of the animation and soundtrack.

What other quality 80-90 movies are there?

Gunbuster isn't a movie, but it's 6 high budget OVA's, it's pretty good. Jin-roh, pretty good too.

man, who doesn't know optimus prime?

>Wings of Honneazzzzzzzz

>Great character designs
>Interesting characters
HA.
How can you claim that when you barely go out?

Great animation though. And that scene with the assassin, muh.

>NGE
>panders to waifufags
Someone payed zero attention to the story.

user I really tried.
Isn't it just a bunch of overdramatic pretentious shit with ZOG spinning human evolution forward in the background?
DId I miss something

You're not supposed to try, if you tried it means you came in thinking you're better than it and all high and mighty and pretentious and expected something like that, when it's just something as simple as humand feeling feelings.
And that why it's so deep, it's because it goes straight to the point but you dont notice it.

Or you can focus on the main characters. You know, the story about depression and abandonment and the massive problems that causes people. It's just all couched on a giant robot show so they can justify why such horrible things happen to the characters.

>thinking you're better than it
>It's just all couched on a giant robot show
I must agree I was looking for some deep esoteric meaning to all of this.
Like in one huge fucking proverb with giant mechas and ZOG.
Guess it's not the right approach to the show.

Wings of Honneamise is definitely my 2nd favorite anime film and one of my top 10 favorite films ever
but End of Evangelion is first in both categories eat a dick nigger

nigger
Rude.

My nigger.

This theme is incredible, one of the best in an anime film. Makes my heart soar.

youtube.com/watch?v=hI7HMy011HA

Every time I see a shot from the rebuilds emulating one from NGE it looks worse

How does it look worse, nitpick-sama?

I just like it more, I can't really explain why.
Besides that Shinjis face looks fucking dumb in the rebuild one

That's called letting your nostalgia get in the way of objectively and critically appreciating art.

He is dumb though.
Rebuild might've actually illustrated this point better is all.

Blah, blah, blah.
> DEEP AND WHAT IS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF US LIKE SOME GOD-FORSAKEN METAPHOR
> PSYCHOLOGICAL AND EMOTIONAL COMPELLING SHIT
There, I just put the entire context straight to the point without sounding like some redundant-sounding fuck. You EVAfags disgust me. I am pissed off at every last one of you pieces-of-shit. Inb4 you go all philosophical or act all high-and-mighty in regards to intelligence or go all trying be "simple" or even go for the pity party, I say fuck you. Like I give a damn. There, to the point.

Who are you quoting?

>I would like Eva if it wasn't psychological, emotional and compelling

Dude, you just gotta really get into the NGE experience and try to empathize with those wonderfully deep characters instead of just superficially taking everything at face value. You see, all those character's flaws are exactly what makes them so human, and allows the audience to communicate on a profound level with their individual struggles.

Try it, my dude.

If you dont like it you can leave and kill yourself fucking fat retarded smelly anti intellectual trump-voter redneck burger

wew lad

Both
>Straw-manning me
Fuck you.
> WHAT MAKES PEOPLE HUMAN
Guess what? No matter how much we try and act all human or some crap, we're all pieces of shit. Doesn't matter how good or how flawed we are, we're all a bunch of assholes that attempt to empathize with one another when in reality, we're creatures of apathy, hypocrisy, and utter pride that step over other's values. Long explanation short: humans are a bunch of assholes regardless of whoever the fuck you are.
Guess what? I never voted for shit or anyone. No really. And in the end, I just think every last one of us as pieces of shit. I have very little trust in average people at this point.

all me btw

But, user, anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live.

2edgy4eva

>Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

At least a cynical asshole ain't no emo bitch that goes all depressed in his room and goes all traumatized to becoming a scared little jackass. Reasons my ass, it's still happens and does not stop that from being the real truth.
Life has no true meaning. You live, you try to enjoy, and try to accept your reality. That's why we try to escape reality through all this crap including this place. We're all actually dying little-by-little. So what's your will to live? Living is a pain, but that is proof that we're alive. Long explanation short: paradise does not truly exist nor will it last forever when we are alive.

> Like I give a damn

But you DO give a damn. That's why you are going full ragetard in your reply.

Did you not read the inb4? For fuck's sake.

you sure are desperate for this aren't you?

(You)

Here's you (You). (You) deserve it.

Sunsets aren't beautiful because they last all day. Flowers aren't cherished because they bloom all year. Just because nothing lasts doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy them. In fact, that's why you should.

It was set for 1992. Then 1998. Then 2002. Then 2013. Then 2017.
Gainax never could get funding for it properly secured.

Reminder that Riquinni is canonically a child prostitute and there is nothing you can do to save her.