The characters don't have any history with each other, robbing the scene of any narrative impact

The characters don't have any history with each other, robbing the scene of any narrative impact

Other urls found in this thread:

anime.fate-go.jp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>narrative impact
What the fuck does that mean.

It's pretty to look at if really busy choreography is your thing, but it's not impressive and doesn't contribute anything to the story.

Gilgamesh only represent the trial that Shirou has to overcome if he wants to prove that he is worthy of is ideal.

If you wanted that there was the Archer fight 3 episode earlier, or wait for Heaven's Feel movies

That's what the Archer/Shirou fight was for.That's more the climax of the route than the final fight anyways.

But Kerry adopted Kid Gil and they were like brothers

I mean, in UBW Archer is more of an antagonist than Gilgamesh is. The real conflict is him and Shirou, and so the fight with the actual build-up and emotion is that one.

The Archer fight was the absolute climax, Gilgamesh was just an inevitable trial he knows he can conquer.
Really this adaptation was beautiful. While not perfect, it was better than I was ever expecting from Ufotable. They managed to pick up on a LOT of subtleties and the anime was so fucking dense with metaphors, parallels and foreshadowing that the VN had to communicate through direct statements it amazed me.
>Archer planting swords in the ground.
>They appear in his back instead of the ground.
Also if you pay attention to the use of kanshou (ideal) and bakuya (truth), they thought of everything.

>Gilgamesh characterization changes in order to be the foil for Shirou

Forgot the picture.

>(you)

anything else that viewers might have missed? this is interesting stuff

But they interact during the Fate route??

Can't think of much else off the top of my head, I should go rewatch. I watched the dub when it was finally released and the dialogue was fucking perfect. While some voices still weren't amazing (like Sakura's, eugh), they translated the Archer and Shirou stuff fucking 10/10 perfect.

Also Archer almost exclusively stabs Shirou only with kanshou, the sword representing ideal.
Shirou also winds up abandoning bakuya for the last stretch of the fight and uses Kanshou as a crutch.

>they translated the Archer and Shirou stuff fucking 10/10 perfect.

at the end of the day, that's all that really matters.

They didn't.

They didn't explain projection magic, barely suggested why Shirou powers up making people think he asspulls powers.

No gram during archer vs shirou, generic j pop shit

No they did all that.

>They didn't explain projection magic, barely suggested why Shirou powers up making people think he asspulls powers.

Fate route explains this so they don't have to but it would have been nice if they made it more standalone

They didn't do a great job with it, but they did indeed explain it. Shirou saying he can't perform projection magic at the end is all the hint you need to realize it's more of a biproduct of his reality marble.

It isn't perfect, but it's fine. Fate bros just need to calm down and realize that it's impossible to capture the monster that is FSN in a 25 episode anime

I'd be totally okay with Ufotable doing a Fate route movie/OVA/series after Heaven's Feel.

There's a lot more to narrative impact than "joe knows jack and they fight."

No need, studio deen already did a fine job. It would be a waste of money.

They should be focusing all their efforts on HF right now as that is what people have been asking for years now.

Real vs. Fake.
That was kinda the point.
Gilgamesh is a REAL hero. Shirou is a guy who idolizes heroes and wants to be one and manages to do a whole lot of good.

HF then HA.

They don't usually animate fun discs but you never know. If there's an market for it, they might do it

They did a good job for the HA Vita openings.
If HF is a success they should give it a shot.

anime.fate-go.jp/

it's probably in the pipeline. feel bad for the animators who can't get a break from aniplex, namco bandai and others.

HF then Tsukihime

HF then Apocrypha

HF then Mahoyo
will never happen

>The Archer fight was the absolute climax, Gilgamesh was just an inevitable trial he knows he can conquer.
So what you're saying is that everything past the Archer fight was anticlimactic.

That gif makes it look like Archer and Shirou suck at fighting.

Pretty much.

>Gil clearly kills Archer
>Somehow survives

Oh boy you seem to believe the climax should happen at the absolute end of an anime.
Allow me to teach you some junior high level bullshit.
If you would refer to the picture on the left, the Gilgamesh fight would indeed be part of the falling action.
He is a threat, but the main part of the story is over, Shirou's development and his conflict with himself has come to a conclusion.
Gilgamesh is a big threat, but he knows he can overcome it, his ability directly counters Gil's after all. If he can get UBW up, Gil is finished.
>>Gil clearly kills Archer
All you get to see is a piece of tattered cape. I think Archer has more to him than a disappearing cape piece.
They're not the best fighters, this is canon, but they certainly don't suck.

Hollow ataraxia would be pretty wonky, what with the time-loop. If they focused on the time-loop and actual plot, then they'd have to get rid of all the slice of life, and that'd be not very good.

>The man smiles in satisfaction as he looks down at the hall filled with Archer's blood.

It was dumb and you know it.

Start with full slice of life episode and end with Shirou getting headshot by Archer, next episode more slice of life, end with Shirou getting shot again, and then slowly introduce Bazett. Something like that could work. It would definitely be different than the game.

>With Archer's death, Tohsaka has lost her composure.

Servants can't die from bloodloss, silly.

Read the VN retard, when will faggots understand that the anime are for people who already read the VN

>killed Illya in front of him
>killed Archer after he'd accepted Shirou
>no history
Now of course Gil has no reason to hate Shirou before him, but the whole point is that he sees him as a useless mongrel.