Why do you people hate it so much?

Why do you people hate it so much?

I recently watched this shit and I just couldn't stop. It was so enjoyable, that I watched the whole thing in one sitting. It really brought me back to good old days, when I used to have fun while watching anime.

I understand that the manga purists hate it because some minor changes were made (the mc's nerdy look at the beginning and changing the time period). these changes do not bother me, and knowing that the story was originally set in the 80's, explained some of the characters more questionable behavior. Also, the soundtrack is great (and I usually hate dubstep).

So, without resorting to the "muh manga argument", what do you people have against parasyte the maxim?

You only say this because you never read the manga. Trust me, read the manga. The anime cut out many very powerful scenes.

I like Parasyte but the way he defeated Gatou was bullshit.

Nothing. It was popular, just like 90% of everything that gets shit on on Sup Forums. Quality doesn't matter, it's who you can piss off by call it shit.

Except for the final fight and the ending(as usual) I did like it a lot.

only because of the manga
it's one of those "it's good but the manga will make it look like shit by comparison" series

This is exactly what I said before I got around to reading the manga.

This. If Sup Forums hates an anime most people generally like, its because the manga was better

You're retarded.

I read the manga but I don't really want to watch it.

I don't get why he made his mind up to NOT kill Gatou and then just killed him anyway. Also I can't fucking tell if this show is saying "protect the environment" or "FUCK the environment"

PICK A GODDAMN MESSAGE

Also every fucking girl in this anime was fucking ASKING to get slaughtered. Jesus.

Because he changed his mind. The message in the end was "all individual humans can do is protect their immediate surroundings". It wasn't about saving the planet or advocating human supremacy, but something in between, albeit leaning towards the 'prioritize humans' side. Basically, there was no optimal dream solution of a human+parasyte utopia, so he chose the most sensible from his own perspective as a human who wants to continue living and killed the animal that wanted to kill him.

Never seen it but the manga was perfect. You should read it, OP.
This page made me shiver the first time.
It was more about "see how this parasytes are total cunts? well, humans are cunts too, maybe we shouldn't be".

>parasyte the maxim
Did you watch this on Funi or something?

Anyway, I don't think the manga was all that great to begin with, but I didn't like the anime's soundtrack as a whole, and I certainly didn't like their shitty background crowds or tensionless handling of fight scenes (I think it was against the one that killed his mom where they just stood there flailing arms for like 5+ seconds). It still wasn't a terrible anime, but it was pretty mediocre.

>did you watch this on funi or something?
What did he mean by this?

Because dubstep.

>knowing that the story was originally set in the 80's, explained some of the characters more questionable behavior.

What do you mean by this?

That "the Maxim" shit was added by whoever licensed the anime (I don't actually know if it was Funi), and it's rare to see someone call it that.

The ost was so fucking bad, way to ruin a bunch of great scenes

The animation was bad in certain scenes. One that comes to mind is the scene near the end where they drive the car off the cliff it just slides across the screen at a constant pace rather than accelerating with gravity. The soundtrack was also there was no restraint when it came to emotional scenes which could have had more impact with minimal or no background music. The design changes were mostly fine with a couple of notable exceptions being Kana and her boyfriend, the former losing the contrast between her rough exterior and her innocent personality and the latter losing out on the physical presence and power that Kana is naturally attracted too. As a whole its only a decent adaption.