Does Sup Forums know that tens of millions of Indian citizens live under the rule of Maoist militants?

Does Sup Forums know that tens of millions of Indian citizens live under the rule of Maoist militants?

why are there maoist pajeets

wait what

they want free poo lanes for all workers of the world

tell us more

seize the means of defecation

Because 60-70% of Indians live in rural areas and work in agriculture.

Historically -- before and after Indian independence -- land-owning peasants have been exploited by money-lenders, politicians, and other outside influences. Over time, money-lenders were able to siphon away the land of the working classes.

The consequence was that people whose families used to hold property wound up working it for a small share of the proceeds. Two-thirds of their crops would be turned over to the landlord at the end of the tilling season, in some cases.

Communist leaders took advantage of tensions between villagers and upper-caste landlords in 1967, sparking the "Naxalite" movement in the West Bengal district of Naxalbari.

Frankly, the conditions endured by many of the rural poor in India are borderline feudal -- they make hardly any money, are ruthlessly extorted by the upper castes or financial elite, and cannot stand up for their rights, because the police always take the side of those with political and financial influence.

militants show some semblance of military training

poo poos do not

Coordinate one big group poo and ye shall be free

Have they had any success?

Do a Google search for "India Red Corridor" and see for yourself.

Over the course of the past decades, Maoist-controlled or influenced districts have declined relative to the total. The government has made use of paramilitary and militia forces to combat the Naxals.

Ironically, some of the militias -- such as the upper-caste Ranvir Sena and Chhattisgarh-supported Salwa Judum -- were accused of committing far more crimes than the Naxals themselves.

Nowadays, most people seem to believe the Naxals are only half-heartedly following their own principles. They still engage in extortion, ganja-growing, and murder (like Colombia's FARC), but don't attract as many hardcore idealogues as they used to.

The problem is the Indian government is still doing what they've always been doing -- siding with the interests of large corporations over those of simple people and vulnerable populations.

There's a reason the insurgency is now concentrated in primarily tribal areas -- because tribal people, or adivasis, have been routinely expelled from their ancestral forests and foraging grounds, either to fill the pockets of corrupt forest officials or to allow mining and mineral extraction companies to move in.

Found these at a store in the mountains last year.

Interesting stuff

I do, don't they control like a quarter of the land area of India?

They did, but the government has forced them out of some of their strongholds.

TPBP
>also the sound of street shitting after eating curry

>Does Sup Forums know that tens of millions of Indian citizens live under the rule of Maoist militants?

I went to a book reading by the beautiful, compassionate, progressive Arundhati Roy in New York City. She spoke of the oppression of the Dalits and the tribal people around Naxal and the Dandakaranya forest by the Ranvir Sena and BJP-led Indian army. How the Maoists were helping the tribal peoples and Dalits.

I have been doing what I can since then to support the Naxalbari freedom fighters, fighting for the tribal peoples, Dalits and peasants.

Then you took a big 'ol sip of your soy latte.

God bless Shitpost Jr.

(armed with bows, arrows, and machetes)

Can we please go?

From what I understand they are or were actual Maoists at some point, your testimony makes it sound like these days they're just warlords.

DO NOT RESPOND (poo in loo)

Go back to London Amit.

reported to modi

Ya but it’s starting to die down.

>Maoist farmers

Top 10 Most Hilarious Moments in Anime

Kek.

Not sure if you're serious.

It's a mixed bag, as far as I know.

They still have genuine grievances against the state. Much of the party's senior leadership is concerned with bettering the circumstances of tribal peoples and the oppressed.

Honestly, it's hard to get an unbiased picture of what's going on.

If you read a lot about the Naxal issue, it's hard not to at least sympathize with the uprising and its origins. The government has done much wrong in tribal areas, and they've made few steps to amend their past transgressions. Up until a few years ago, the state governments of Bihar, Chhattisgarh, and Jharkhand were supporting violent militias that razed villages, raped women, and indiscriminately murdered adivasis.

someone save that kitter