Couldn't write letters, even her name

>couldn't write letters, even her name
>really just an ordinary teenager without any military experience, but could hear the divine voices
>became a French commander all of a sudden then lifted the seage of Orleans actually, triggering the turn around for France
>even after her death, each and every one of them credits her with the victory of 100 years' war

How?

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member.php?id=83739
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sorry for shitting up the thread but what is the sauce ? I google reversed it and I can't read moonrunes

Naruto.

French men are pussies by nature, so they wouldn't fight the english even when they were getting conquered.

Then some teenager girl charged the english and they felt they had to follow her in or else lose their man card forever.

Think it's this guy: pixiv.net/member.php?id=83739

Character is Jean D'Arc (Alter) from Fate/Grand Order

Can't you even google the green text's context?

It's Marie Antoinette from Smite. Fucking frenchmen.

t-thanks sempai for not trolling me

American knowledge of history always makes me laugh.

Truth is stranger than friction.

Wew lads this is looking like it's gonna be another shitty Sup Forums or Sup Forums thread

Well, that's fine by me

As opposed to a shitty /his/ thread?

you got a point , they are all shit

PERFIDIOUS SONS OF ALBION GET OUT OF MY LAWN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

She gave all Frenchmen a kick in the collective balls by being a woman and going into the battlefield.

But jokes aside, she was really a savant, going by what the reports say. During the Inquisition trial, she never faltered at any theological question and actually bantered with them (when an English bishop asked her in what language do the Saints talk to her, she told him their French is better than his). Multiple theologians failed to find a single flaw in her words, so she wasn't charged for witchcraft but crossdressing.

She had an instinctual knowledge of what to do on the battlefield, especially artillery placements.

Also, she really disliked company of women despite being always helped by them, as it was the noble ladies who first caught on the "holy maiden sent to save France" bandwagon.

And don't trust those who says she had big breasts, at that time they preferred average-small, but shapely and slightly perky ones. The paintings and sculptures of Mary were always given boobs like these, as they were considered perfect.

It's worth noting both before and after Jeanne the French were basically a whipping boy for the English. Even after the English gave up on conquering France they still trashed them in war after war (Nine Years' War, Spanish Succession, Seven Years War, Napoleonic Wars).

>Be Jeanne Alter
>Spend Christmas telling orphans that because they have no parents, Santa won't get them gifts
>said oprhans end up trying to attack Santa for presents
>Santa beats the shit out of them

Retarded user, the english were french too.

That precisely what french were needed. The noble armies were actually quite small in numbers. While she railed god-feared peasantry behind her back and led them against usurpers. While dukes were bickering among themselves to not bet on the lame horse. Just look at the dukedom of burgundy it's almost ascended as a kingdom because of the 100 years war.

Frenchmen are the biggest waifufags, hence their varied selection of animated shows that doesn't always fall into "show for kids to advertise toys" or "big dumb comedy adult show" categories.

Morale is a huge part of warfare, arguably the most important. Jannu was a massive morale booster for the soldiers, as such they fought harder and was less likely to break ranks or retreat. Legends of her and her actions also spread like wildfire throughout the kingdom, giving a morale boost to the entire nation.

I got a LN title for you
>I can't write my name but suddenly I am Frenck commander

t. Anglo

How did Fate Jeanne get so popular?

fate zero and the COOLest servant.

I dont agree with the calling her schizo stuff though. Fuck psychiatry. Jeanne was like a more modern Jesus.

Gilles is best boy

>The paintings and sculptures of Mary were always given boobs like these, as they were considered perfect.
I wouldn't trust depictions of "perfect virgin do not sexualize" as the epitome of sexiness. As evidenced by the fact that even in the Belle Époque, when painting nude women became fashionable again, Mary was always properly -even conservatively- dressed.

>I kent rit mai neem but sudenlie I am fränsch commander?!?!?!

>I dont agree with the calling her schizo stuff though
It's an easy dismissal for the skeptic to call her mentally ill, but that fails to explain her behavior at her trial, her calm demeanor during battle as well has her mastery of artillery in her tactics. A more sensible way to dismiss her divine claims is to follow the conspiracy theory that she was a noblewoman trained in secret specifically for this purpose.

t. britbong

That's completely wrong. The hundred years war had 4 phases, alternating between english and french dominance, and resulted in ultimete french victory with the english losing all of their continental territories.

>nine years war
The french fought all of Europe allied againste them, not only the english you retard, and it was not a whipping, since they kept ssome territories

>Spanish Succession
Yeah once again the brits did all the work right ? Top kek

>Seven Years War
Same shit

>Napoleonic Wars
Hahahaha

>since they kept ssome territories
In North America it was status quo ante bellum actually. As for the Spanish Succession, it's in the name isn't it? The French ended Habsburg encirclement (their goal going into the war) so I wouldn't call that a loss by any means.

He also failed to mention a tiny little, insignificant war between the Seven years war and the Revolution: the American war of independence.

She was a legend to rally around and apparently an actual fucking genius from the records we have of her. She couldn't read or write but made English bishops trying to mark her as a heretic look like retards and possible heretics themselves.
It's a combination of a huge morale boost and actual genius.

She's credited with the victory partly because the actual details of her life make for a perfect story (maiden is given a mission by God to save her country and accomplishes the impossible, only to die a martyr's death not long afterwards) and because, as some of the other anons have said, she probably was actually a remarkable person.

It's telling that the French aristocracy not only was unable to erase her from history and take credit for the victory themselves but that many of them vouched for her legitimacy even after she was dead and they had nothing to gain from continuing if it had been a mere charade.

>It's telling that the French aristocracy not only was unable to erase her from history and take credit for the victory themselves but that many of them vouched for her legitimacy even after she was dead and they had nothing to gain from continuing if it had been a mere charade.
Not that her image was always as good as it is today. Shakespeare's paymasters, the English monarchy, had him depict her like a common whore and Voltaire (basically an early modern shitposter) wrote an entire poem about some nobleman fucking Jeanne.

>It's worth noting both before and after Jeanne the French were basically a whipping boy for the English.
Fucking lmao no
From the fall of the Britons right down to William the Conqueror, the British Isles were worth complete piss. William and following kings were Frenchmen, and even then it was literally France's Europe, the only ones that could remotely give them a real run for their money were Germany (once upon a time called Middle / East Francia) and once in a while England

>like a common whore
It's worth noting that Shakespeare was on the English payroll so he basically acted as a propaganda master in the way people used to hire poets to write poems saying how the royal family was descended from Ceasar.

Jeanne D'arc is a fucking genius, who led France. Just like you said
>became a French commander all of a sudden then lifted the seage of Orleans actually, triggering the turn around for France
So why shouldn't they remember her?

Titties and lmao so pure.
Alter is because she is literally a meme and designed to be one.

She's perfect.

It's fucking amazing.

She's a teenager who has been dead for hundred of years yet britbongs still go mad at the very thought of her existence. They feel the need to shit on her at every occasion while pretending they don't care about her and she was totally schizo and they won Agincourt and France sucks at war and stuff.

It never fails to amuse me desu.

The French did kind of fucking suck at Agincourt, Crecy, and Poiters.
Also the French basically left Jeanne to rot after Charles thought he was secure enough to not need her services anymore.

Really makes you think.

She was a Mahou Shoujo, because Kyubey powers.

>Also the French basically left Jeanne to rot after Charles thought he was secure enough to not need her services anymore

Shit annoyed me when i was reading Jeanne's history.

Fucking ungrateful scum.

Though weren't there rescue attempts that all failed?

When you actually look at the circumstances surrounding it and the fact that the Burgundians and English simply wouldn't have had the ability to fend off France's much stronger at that point army, I'm of the opinion that Charles basically put up a show but said 'DON'T ACTUALLY GET HER OUT'

Nero Alter when? I want every Saber to have an Alter version.

What would Nero Alter hold a grudge over, that nobody appreciated her shitty drama?

Yeah, and those are the only three battles English education, media and pop culture emphasize. This is the English understanding of the Hundred Years War:
>We (and by "we" I mean 100% purebred Englishmen) should totally own France
>We kicked their sniveling asses at Agincourt, Crecy and Poitiers, the only three battles in the war
>Then some schizophrenic whore-witch showed up and SOMEHOW the French won
>But they actually lost because even though their territory doubled in size there were millions of dead in France
>Literally every single one of them killed by an Englishman, literally none of them killed by the Black Death
>We "won" despite the claim of the Lancasterians to the throne being so shaken in its legitimacy that we were plunged into a civil war, which is (in terms of victims proportionate to the total population) the deadliest war England ever experienced, including both world wars

You'd think English schoolbooks are written by propagandists at this point. And who's to say they aren't? Hell, last year the English even celebrated the anniversary of Agincourt. That's on par with the Battle of Tannenberg Line being celebrated by the Germans: a smashing victory in a war they lost horribly.

Too cute for me. I want to impregnate that pure girl.

That's pretty much every country though, they generally emphasize their strengths. See: Revolutionary War (The British literally didn't feel like fighting, the biggest problem they ran into was that the populace didn't fucking care enough to die far from home, and the French kept sending shit to Washington who wanted to fight field battles but wised up and didn't fuck up) taught in the US, or how each of the UK, USSR, and USA think they were the biggest deciding factor in the second world war, or how conviniently '''new''' discoveries are brought to the fore as historical leaders fall in and out of favor (Qin's First Emperor suffered full cycles at least three times through China's history).

But why is Alter so perfect?

>Jeanne d'Arc Alter
>Pure
You've got something else coming Gilles

She just is.

>Any Jeanne ever
>Not Pure
Sempai, please.

Alter is shit

Scat > Jeanne

Brits not welcome.

Pure!

What the hell, is that the Christmas event?

t. fetish for big british and burgundian dick

>things that never happened

Want to know what did happen
Dragon Dick

Jeanne Alter Santa Lily

>non-canon
(lol

>Of the love or hatred God has for the English, I know nothing, but I do know that they will all be thrown out of France, except those who die there.

>Alter Lily
>Alter aka a shitty person piece of Angra Mainyu
>plus Lily
How deep can we go

Her fucking dragon homoculus is pretty canon at this point

You bastard.

Jeanne Alter has nothing to do with Angry Manjew.

All Jeannes are good

Canon in your mind

Agreed.

Dark and Alter are better, though

Well, Alters are basically just grudge-filled forms of the original, even if JAlter is just Gilles' fanfiction. Since Angra Mainyu is supposed to be all the world's evil and the grudges and hatred of humanity as a collective whole, it kind of follows that whatever the hell Jeanne Alter's problem is (i.e. whatever the hell Gilles' problem is) is included in Angra Mainyu.

Yeah okay mate

All Jeannes are eternal virgins

I really like her 5* art and ougi, it also goes well with Albert's since he ougis right after

Gudako rapes everyone she summons.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the poem that Voltaire wrote about her. From what I remember, it was roundly criticized by his contemporaries and he ended up trying to distance himself from it as a result.

They generally all reacted as "dude what the fuck is your beef with the girl".

>he ended up trying to distance himself from it as a result
Well, at least the smug cunt did one thing right.

Voltaire is kind of a fucking ass
>Holy Roman Empire is neither Holy nor Roman nor an Empire
While whether or not it's Roman is up to debate, being Holy is something true as long as you admit that the Pope can declare something holy and it's an empire by definition as it's ruled by an Emperor.

>While whether or not it's Roman is up to debate
It's not. At all.

>being Holy is something true as long as you admit that the Pope can declare something holy
In Voltaire's time, the emperors hadn't been crowned by the pope for centuries.

>and it's an empire by definition as it's ruled by an Emperor
It was purely nominally an empire. The emperor had nowhere near the centralized authority we expect from an emperor, and as we discussed earlier claims to succeeding the Roman Empire are downright retarded.

Voltaire is an ass and I don't understand why he is considered the greatest of the philosophes when there are so many better candidates (Rousseau and Sièyes to name two), but he was right about the Holy Roman Empire. Though none of that required deep thought, merely describing what you see.

Meanwhile, her male counterpart doesn't even need to rape them because the servants all want him bad.

>We are master race
That's literally every country's history course.

>It's not. At all.
The problem with that is that the Emperor of the ERE called Charlemagne the Emperor of the Western Romans before.

>In Voltaire's time, the emperors hadn't been crowned by the pope for centuries.
The Emperor was never Holy. The Empire was, and it existed without dissolution right from the high middle ages, when it WAS blessed by the Pope.

>It was purely nominally an empire. The emperor had nowhere near the centralized authority we expect from an emperor, and as we discussed earlier claims to succeeding the Roman Empire are downright retarded.
>centralized authority we expect from an emperor
The definition of Empire is vague. The HRE at Voltaire's time was a decadaent, fucked up and degraded version of the partially centralized imperial entity it was under Barbarossa and succeeding Emperors. That doesn't magically downgrade it from being an Empire, the Han Emperor had authority in nothing but name by the time of Cao Cao and his gang, but we call that period of time Eastern Han anyway.

It's a lot better for some countries either because they actually were the master race at some point, or they were literally never relevant and can't even scrap together something to glorify themselves. The worst offenders are people like Korea or Greece, the former were never relevant because they were between two much more relevant nations and the second are 2000 years late to the party and probably not even the same peoples that once called themselves Greeks.

>>Alter Lily
>>Alter aka a shitty person piece of Angra Mainyu
>>plus Lily
>How deep can we go

It is just Jeanne Alter who took the Youth Elixir from Gil and decided to be Santa

Why does Gilgamesh have the Elixir of Life anyway, doesn't his story end in him either throwing it away saying "ha, I never needed it to begin with, people aren't meant to live forever!" or it getting eaten by a snake and him basically killing himself over losing it?

How does pic related make you feel?

He obtained it in life. That's enough for him to have it as a Heroic Spirit.

Is that how it works? Because I mean, King Arthur doesn't get Avalon, but I presumed that was because it's a fundamental part of his story that he loses it. Gilgamesh's myth basically hinges on the fact that he indeed decided he didn't want the Elixir.

Gilgamesh has the Gate of Babylon, which gives him anything he obtained in life plus anything achievement of mankind (so not Excalibur or Attila's sword) that is grounded in legends newer than him (all of them).

so they basically "owe him" their own legends huh?

Gate of Babylon, as the other user pointed out. Plus, Arturia is an anomaly and doesn't follow the rules. She's not dead yet, and as such she's not technically a Heroic Spirit.

The Epic of Gilgamesh is the original myth, so yes. Plus a lot of his treasures are archetypes of later Noble Phantasms, like Gram for Caliburn.

Well, that's how it was presented by Nasu.
I think the idea isn't that every legend is literally based off the Epic of Gilgsmesh, but that the Epic of Gilgamesh is the oldest (surviving written) story in mankind's history and therefore by Nasuverse ideas was the 'original' heroic epic, and everything else that comes after might've developed independently sure, but they still use the Heroic Epic model, which Gilgamesh can actually lay claim to.
To put it differently, if you were to summon Adam, it'd probably be summoning both Adam himself and the "Concept of Mankind", because Adam is the first, original example of Mankind.

like i said, when he uses a NP he's just using the royalties owed to him for inventing that "Hero" shit

Jeanne is cute! CUTE!

A good artillery general will always be better than a good cavalry or good infantry general.
But if it was just that, Jean wouldn't have gotten so far.

There is other things, such as being a good figurehead, inspiring good moral, don't fucking up basic tactics, going for good objectives
There is also other things, such as the English supply line starting to falter once it was pushed.

Yes she is! IS!

>A good artillery general will always be better than a good cavalry or good infantry general.
Not really. Artillery is the God of Battle, but only if it's actually protected correctly. Artillery is unique in that it is very close to fucking useless on its own, and also unique in that it's fucking expensive, and unique in that 'killing' artillery just gives you that piece.

She's just a giga-tsun.

Jannu was actually an isekai protagonist.

So what, she fucked up the theologians by being either recursively wrong like some of the trolls on Sup Forums or by tipping her fedora using arguments honed over the course of 600 extra years?

She is a gigantic tryhard tsundere edgelord, and I fucking ove her for it.