JoJo Thread

It's time lads.
jojo-animation.com/story/35.html

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rFAgUt9DDzK5DHblmrKlUB-s-7pvDz6qHpDj-prbz0I/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=XN-p83tP6MM&ab_channel=AstaS
youtube.com/watch?v=K_xTet06SUo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are some things you're hoping/expecting they'll do with the part 5 anime? Taking the liberties they took with DIU into account.

I'm betting that they'll:
Give La Squadra some more interactions with each other, mostly just corresponding and so on so there's more foreshadowing for future battles
Maybe give Trish some extra lines, or at least show what she's thinking more so she seems less emotionless and silent for most of the series
Play up the deaths a lot, show Abbacchio's ghost chilling in the clouds in the OP(s) after he dies, and probably add Narancia's and Buccellati's later on
Show some more evidence of the drug-use that's fucking the country up and why Buccellati and Giorno feel so strongly about it, as-is the only drug-users we see are that kid at the very start and that crackhead at the end

And I hope they give the gang a little more down-time too, Giorno in particular could use it. Abbacchio, Fugo, Mista and Narancia were all very tight-knit (with Buccellati being the more introverted boss) but Giorno actively avoided socializing with them, notably standing off to the side silently scheming while the others talked. Although he apparently did care about them (as seen in his interactions with Mista in White Album and how he responded to Narancia's death) it wasn't ever shown why. Even Jotaro had more scenes of making friends than Giorno did.

I think all you've stated makes sense, they'll probably take the most liberty with added scenes in part 5 than they've done with all the other parts they've adapted since it'd help to milk some of the interactions between the group and La Squadra since Japan fucking loves these characters.

I think it'd fix some of my bigger flaws with part 5 if there were more downtime scenes and interactions, I want to see Giorno and the others talk and do stuff with eachother more at the very least, it'd make the group feel more like a gang of allies.

Part 5 and 6 feels like Araki was trying to change his story telling skills
He centered time in every character, but they stop feeling like a group sometimes, this is more notorious in part 6, araki did a great job with everyone backstories but he failed to make the team work like... a real team

That's...yeah, that's accurate.
I love so many of the part 6 characters but they really did feel kind of distanced.
Pucci is still best villain tho

I hope DP fix this, seeing stuff like them adding in a bit where Okuyasu uses The Hand to save Josuke and Koichi from Aya getting blown up gives me hope that they'll add more scenes like this for other parts to make the team feel more connected.
Agreed, can't wait to see Pucci animated in the future.

I have a soft spot for the klutz, but tragic, sidekick characters, so I really liked Polnareffu and Okuyasu.
Them often fucking up, but still being absolute bro tier still hit home with home with me.

Just updated the credits chart bois: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rFAgUt9DDzK5DHblmrKlUB-s-7pvDz6qHpDj-prbz0I/edit?usp=sharing

Also added a few wonky graphs. I'm not sure if they're useful at all but I had fun making them so whatever I guess

Jolyne, Hermes and F.F were great together, it was just a shame that they were only a trio for a couple of chapters before Hermes got hospitalized after her fight with Sports Maxx. And Weather and Annasui were obviously close too, but they didn't have much at all to do with Hermes.

Still, I sort of liked the feel of the part 6 people being several different groups brought together by one binding force (Jolyne) without which they wouldn't have had anything to do with each other. Jolyne, Hermes and Emporio all get to hang out quite a lot (Emporio helping out with Rykiel and Vercace) at least.

I guess it could've used a little more though. Even something minor, like Weather asking Hermes what she'd got in for and she said it was something about her sister, with Weather just grunting in response. It'd also be some foreshadowing for his own backstory.

My only real worry is that they will white wash pucci. I know the chance of that happening is close to zero, but with all the fanart of white pucci in japan, im anxiois. I loved how different he looks from all the jojo villains. His dark skin really stapled him as a foreign entity among jojo villains.
>inb4 sjw shit or whatever

Repeating question from the other thread:
So as someone completely uneducated to these charts, how good is the staff for today's episode? What can we expect?

The guy who did the storyboard for Quiet Life 2's also doing the storyboard here and the direction.
I doubt they'll change that, they kept Avdol black and Pucci's sicilian anyway so his dark skin makes sense.

I can't really relate to characters like Polnareff and Okuyasu myself too much (they're way more friendly and outgoing than me for a start, and too optimistic) but they're pretty much my favorites. Good taste.

Just replied there! Short answer: you can expect a pretty good episode my fampai

Weird thing about Pucci is, Stone Ocean's covers always had his skin tone exactly the same as Jolyne's and Jotaro's.

>tfw we won't get episodes with the same budget as the first five episodes
fug

They need to make the Dragons Dream fight a bit shorter, it was good but just too long, making it more fast and with good OST it'll be a very good fight, also they can play with visuals and feng shui a lot in that chapter

Adding a few lines between characters would be a big step up, they are doing a great adaptation and also fixing a few things that didn't change too much in the great scheme of things

I doubt it. Avdol in the anime was actually a LOT darker than he was in nearly all of Araki's coloured illustrations of him. Both the digitally-coloured manga Avdol and the games Avdols are also a lot darker than the OVA version too.

Interestingly enough, I think the blackest Avdol is actually the one in ASB, his skin looks notably darker than EOH Avdol (who's still plenty dark).

Only thing I'm worried about is that the July 15th episodes did have some QUALITY and wonky moments, am I expecting too much for this episode to be relatively flawless like Rohan 2, RHCP 2, etc?
The less-than-bright yet bro-tier characters are my favorite, characters like MIsta, Pol and Okuyasu are just very hard not to like.
Fucking this, OST and pacing of scenes can REALLY change a fight. Just look at Ratt in the anime, in the manga it was decent but nothing special, but in the anime it was fucking tense as hell. I think Dragon's Dream would be brilliant if they adapted it properly.

how long until there's a subbed stream or download of '35?
I usually wait until about 24 hours from now to bother checking, but I'm getting on the hype train now

Nope, in his first coloured appearance on a cover he looked notably darker than Jolyne. And Avdol here has exactly the same skin-tone as Polnareff and Joseph, what's your point?

Episode airs in japan in 5 hours and 35 minutes, you can catch the stream of it to watch it early or wait 7 hours for HS' torrent.

Whoops. Here it is.

thanks user, guess I'm waiting for tomorrow then, have to get to bed soon as I have work in 10 hours

>Nope, in his first coloured appearance on a cover he looked notably darker than Jolyne.
Nope, he was just standing in the shadow. Look at his hands, they're the exact same color as Jolyne in the background.

Nope. Pucci's on the right and Jolyne's on the left.

And even then, his skin is clearly meant to look different from hers. See the stuff on his face towards the light? It's still a lot darker than her, not to mention that the more shadowy parts of his face are not what white skin looks like in shadow.

Finally, Araki isn't some helpless victim who had Pucci blacked against his will in the coloured scans. If he'd wanted Pucci to look white then Pucci would have looked white. But Pucci doesn't look white because he didn't want him to, hence him being consistently drawn with dark skin (including when he was a baby) in the BW scans.

Remove his retarded damage reflection

Well, both Rohan 2 and RHCP 2 had a very tiny team of animators. Most notably, Ashiya Kōhei and Shin Hyung Woo, who are also animating this episode.
A good thing to point out is that the July 15th episodes had an enormous cast of animators, yes, but they were subdivided in small groups, each one animating a part (for example, presumably Ishimoto Shun'ichi was in the Enigma group, since he is only credited for July 15th parts 2 & 3); however, this episode is just one story line but still has ten goddamn animators.
I'm hopeful.

Likewise, from the PV yesterday I genuinely have my hopes up for this episode. The Kira-BTD transformation and the shot of Hayato at the window looked fucking great.

I wish, Jesus.
>Damage reflection
>Life-shot
>Healing
>Gold Experience Requiem
Is GE the worst-written stand in the series? The other evolving stands had their issues too, but GER just seemed absolutely all over the place.

Joshuu makes me horny.

Why did Stardust Crusaders look so much better than all the other David series? Is part 3 just what most people think of as the quintessential Jojo series?

I think healing is a perfect evolution of the stand's usage, and GER was foreshadowed enough
Life-shot is eh

Not sure what you think you're proving with that image. It's not like their skin is just solid blocks of color. You could just as well pick one pixel from Jolyne and one from Pucci and have the latter be the lighter one.

Yep, they probably splooged out as much budget as they could for part 3. Part 3 looked great but it honestly lacked substance, and at the end with the DIO's World blunder I can see why the japs didn't buy as many BDs for it as DP expected them to.

Part 4 feels like it has more soul as an adaptation though, they've made so many great choices and liberties that it actually feels like they care about the part rather than just doing it because it's iconic.

It had to have had the biggest budget by far, given the number of and the quality of the episodes.

And yeah, while I doubt Jotaro is the most popular JoJo over there, him and his part are definitely the face of the series.

I want to deeply kiss Josuke while I unzip his zippers to play with his nipples and the other hand reaches for the shaft then move my mouth to his sweet neck so I can hear his soft delinquent voice moaning my name directly into my ear

how did they blunder DIO's world?

And like I've said, I'm not sure what you think you're proving with all this babbling on about white Pucci (using an image where his hair is violently pink as proof) when Araki's drawn Avdol as pale as the white characters multiple times but still obviously intended him to be a dark-skinned character, hence his skin being dark in the BW pages.

Why're you so fixated on white Pucci anyway? He looks really generic, and that picture you posted makes him actively hideous.

Obligatory QUALITY comment, but I think the biggest issue with Dio's World was that it just felt rushed. The pacing was really bad in my opinion, I mean, it pretty much got 3 episodes despite being 8 chapters longer than Vanilla Ice's fight yet Vanilla Ice's fight got episodes too. It didn't feel anywhere near as suspenseful as it did in the manga, nor as it did in the OVA.

Season 1 was a smash hit so Warner gave them more money to work with, but then Part 3 ended up not selling as well so they cut back on part 4's budget to minimize cost.

Half the time in episode 47, it was framed like shit and DIO's face looked off.
I still like it though.

Fly me to the moon would be the best ED for SO, at least for the last cour.

Probe me wrong

The middle part of it (I think) was riddled with QUALITY and poor animation. Still, it was hit and miss in general. The High DIO fight was animated beautifully, even though the farewell scene at the airport afterwards looked pretty crap in comparison.

>it pretty much got 3 episodes
But it got 4 episodes

>7 hours for HS' torrent
Always great when someone who doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about gives advice to others like him.

Really wired that they would blunder on the climax like that when there was moments throughout part three that actually looked good.

Healing makes perfect sense, but on top of the previous (scrapped) abilities it just seemed like it was adding fuel to the fire.

And I don't mind GER in theory, but in practice it was a disappointment, especially with a stand that had suffered badly from too many power-ups already.

It should have been 5 at the very least, the way they handled it still butchered the pacing, didn't help either that Vanilla Ice's fight was fucking marvelous but the Dio's World fight was just okay in a lot of moments. The Road Roller scene was hype as fuck though.
??? They come out 1-2 hours after the episode airs and are ripped from crunchyroll, what are you talking about?

I never noticed any blunders during it, but I have terrible taste when it comes to JoJo.

Not him but 5 hours for the stream, 6 for the torrent. Not sure why he's so salty about it though

What the hell are you talking about? What are you trying to project onto me now? All I ever said was that Araki's color illustrations for part 6 consistently made him light-skinned. The only time he was darker than the rest outside of the B&W pages was that one villain group picture from 2012 and by that time even SBR had ended.

Here's one where his hair isn't pink, if that makes you happy.

I dunno, I thought that SDC had just as much soul in it as DIU did. The people directing it cared about the source-material and made some great expansions on it here and there, like Polnareffland and Anne actually getting a send-off.

My bad, I thought he meant 7 hours from the airing time.

I'm sleep deprived though.

I'm not projecting anything onto you. You're arguing intently about how a character consistently given darker-shaded skin in the BW panels, drawn as visibly black in the colored panels, the video-games, and in that group-picture you're talking about was never actually meant to be darker-skinned than any of the other characters.

Araki could have said 'No, I didn't want him to look like that' at any time but never did, same as with Avdol. Isn't a more likely explanation that he's just plain bad at colouring darker skin in than dark Pucci being some kind of mistake or conspiracy?

>You're arguing intently about how a character consistently given darker-shaded skin in the BW panels, drawn as visibly black in the colored panels, the video-games, and in that group-picture you're talking about was never actually meant to be darker-skinned than any of the other characters.
No I'm not, look through this whole conversation again and you'll see you're imagining me saying things I'm not.

KIRA KUIN

>pucci's asb jump pose

I always love how ASB would go into comic panels for the GHAs. They look so campy.

So you going on about the importance of Pucci's skin-colour on some of the covers wasn't actually trying to prove a point?

Fair enough, I can respect that I guess.

TONIGHT

youtube.com/watch?v=XN-p83tP6MM&ab_channel=AstaS

It's me or Araki enjoy drawing fat people like Damo or this guy in the spin off?

>Bites the Dust mere hours from starting
>looks budget as fuck
>mods descend upon these shitty generals to give us a warning
Today was a beautiful duwang

Is that guy even meant to be fat? He's got a thick neck and no defined jawline but his body doesn't look particularly big, kind of like Pesci.

Did they add any scenes in the DiU anime? I can't remember. I know they cut a few pages here or there though, much to our chagrin.

>white wash
He's Italian you swarthy nigger

That's how araki draw fat people, thick necs, square body-type tc

I was in the last general, then came back later to see it was deleted

Plus I remember in another thread back someone said something about mods deleting the generals

The fucks going on?

Mods are cracking down on shitposting. Seeing the state of these threads not a big surprise.

It's funny how the only time you see what the time reset actually looks like visually is when Kira dies.

>going on about the importance
user please, I never even said anything about the importance of it.

I made this one simple statement and then elaborated when you argued against it. Then you started talking as if I had some kind of an agenda or something. What's the matter with you?

Wow they really really fucked up the scene where kira blows up the guy in the apartment.
The music is not even close to being intense enough jesus christ and the way he just blows the guy up isnt pose at all god damnit David Ive been picturing this moment in my head forever.

I have a strong feeling todays episode is going to ruin bite the dusto so hard. Im just gonna read part 5 I cant handle this anymore. This was supposed to be the best arc, I wonder how much more I would have enjoyed part 3 if I had read the manga.

It wont even look close to this. Its gonna be garbage...

>'Ha ha I never cared, YOU cared!!!'
Don't do that, dude. You went to the trouble of finding multiple panels of pale Pucci (including really ugly ones), got really offended and upset when I asked why it was such a big deal to you, and then moved the goalposts and started posting smug reaction-images.

Aren't we supposed to be trying to make this thread less of a wreck?

This scene is where the red eyes will actually be much better than white. Red eyes from the darkness always look amazing.

Why can't they just animate KQ like this.

Red eyes always looked better, even from the very beginning.

It works really well in that example, the shading being red and the majority and pupil of it being white. Best of both worlds.

Dude, all I ever said was that it was a "weird thing about Pucci". You're trying to say I'm being upset, but really if you can read any hostility in my posts it's not because of anything related to Pucci but because I'm kind of baffled by just how insistent you are on intentionally misreading me. I actually prefer tan Pucci myself, but, note this, I had actual facts on my side.

That image isn't even smug.

>even from the very beginning.
uhhh

Yeah, this is all stuff I hope they do.
Would like extended scenes for Tiziano and Squalo too.

All I said was red eyes looked better than white. Are you telling me that picture would look any better with white eyes?

>I had actual facts on my side
And I didn't, pointing out how Avdol was coloured the same, as well as citing the manga, games and recent artwork? Really, man.
Apparently there was never a moment here you were arguing in good faith.

Yeah, they've added some scenes here and there. Nothing big, but pretty neat additions.

>Yeah, they've added some scenes here and there
Could you refresh my memory?

Those are entirely beside the point. Avdol, the B&W manga, the games, and the recent artwork have nothing to do with what I was talking about. My topic never strayed from what I said in this post

Very first scene of episode 1 with Kira's breakfast victim.
Okuyasu going to Josuke's house.
Another couple of original scenes with Kira with his victims or at work with his murder-boner.
The squad investigating Kira at the start of the last arc.

You tell me

Rohan and Old Joseph searching for Shizuka at the end of RPS kid.

Josuke finding the bill for all the baby stuff, which is also the only time we get to see his Joestar birthmark.

And his point was that its not weird because it happened with Avdol too in the color scans. Iirc, not too long ago there was someone in the earlier threads last week trying to argue for pucci originally being white, and the other user might have remembered that and mistaken you for him.

Pucci is a black man and was clearly never intended to be white. Trying to use any covors from colors scans given how excessively vibrant and flippantly flamboyant they're meant to be is a foolish notion for either side of the argument.

Cafe scene in 'We picked something dangerous', Josuke calling Tomoko to ask her if she's at home, him checking the recite with his birthmark. A lot of Kira cameos and hints of future characters, like Yukakos cameo in Surface.

>DP adds a deito scene with Squalo and Tiziano, then they get interrupted by an urgent message by Diavolo

And yet you didn't say that until many posts in, that's what 'arguing in bad faith' means.

I wouldn't say it's as simple as Pucci being meant to be a black man given the rest of his family, he's probably mixed at most. But overall yeah, you can argue Pucci being white as much as you can argue Jolyne being orange, or Giorno's hair being green.

Narancia and Buccellati (zombie) dies
Doppio it's Diavolo
Polnareff is a turtle
GioGio win with a requiem version of GE

Got a picture of that by chance? I don't remember ever seeing his birthmark in either the manga or anime.

Josuke and Jotaro going back to the tunnel to help Rohan and Koichi taking out his dog out at the end of Highway Star

aren't pucci and WP both black and white?

OP for part 5 is chosen.

youtube.com/watch?v=K_xTet06SUo

have the first listen

Thankie. I hope it wasn't as easy as a google search or something... I tried that.