Hello Sup Forums, I'd like to posit a position that many of you probably haven't heard before:

Hello Sup Forums, I'd like to posit a position that many of you probably haven't heard before:

Voting is an unethical action and people should refrain from it.

After all, the worst atrocities committed by governments throughout history had voter involvement.

To what extent are voters to blame when their governments do bad things?

I personally choose not to vote. Can you convince me that I am wrong?

Voting is one means of defending yourself from the government. It is foolish to refrain from using every possible tool to defend yourself + family. As you say, governments are the biggest danger.

If you want a society which is not or less democratic, that's different.

but by voting you are legitimizing this communist system

>Hey guys lets ALL not vote!
>You're the only one not to vote
>Now your enemy wins because the system isn't going to magically change

If it's as pointless as a Jeb vs Hillary vote then I agree, but otherwise you're just giving ground because there's no way the pozzers will stop voting.

Sort of. Voting is like being put in a fighting ring with a spoon while a dozen nignogs are in there with machetes and chainsaws. The organizer gets to say 'everyone had a weapon, it was a fair fight' just like high levels of voting participation means the rulers can claim to have a popular mandate. The problem with OP's post is that refusing to vote won't actually change anything. If only 1% of the population votes, it still doesn't change anything. Revolution, peaceful or otherwise, creates real change, though not always for the better. Refusing to vote does little other than saving you an hour of your time.

We're under duress (we never signed a "social contract") - we MUST vote to protect ourselves. Supposing we were to all follow your advice? Only those with the highest moral sensibilities would refrain from voting.

Think of it in a more extreme scenario. A citizen had to register as a member of the communist party or face death. If he does so, does that make him liable for the actions of Stalin?

Yes I agree with this. Voting does not necessarily mean that you condone or are morally responsible for your government.

In a the state that I live in (Washington) there's no point in voting, if I lived in a swing state I would vote. as of now though it's a useless endeavor, too many leftist zombies around me.

>Can you convince me that I am wrong?
you are most definitely wrong. i live in a town with unbelievably low voter turnout. the result is the same two guys and their buddies basically own the town. they only need about 1000 votes, out of 50K because only 1500 people turn out, so they take turns being mayor. this has been going on here for over 20 years.

But explain to me how not voting will achieve anything useful (other than your clean conscience)?

sounds comfy.

Ok, yes in this case there's nothing wrong with not partaking.

Aside from the lefties, how is Washington? One of the places I was thinking of moving to.

>if I lived in a swing state I would vote.
>he thinks the president is the only vote
the absolute state of burgerland

just move to a strong red/blue state and don't worry about voting ;^)

If nobody votes, nobody gets elected. System fail, finally.

Even if you don't vote, you are still complicit in allowing the winner to assume power.

The only way you get away from that responsibility is by voting AGAINST him, or by changing your citizenship to another country.

>this is what bluepilled retards actually believe
If only you knew how bad things really are

not voting is a good indicator you'll allow yourself to be tread upon...

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived.

>I personally choose to let my enemies fuck me in the ass

>If nobody votes,
can't tell if this is a thread full of retards or (((shills)))
>yes goyim, stop voting, let the shitskins vote for gibs and white genocide
>all public officials should be like pic related
>oy vey 2 transexuals elected in 2017? AMERICA YESS!!
Ahahaha AnCap cucks

If I choose to vote, it legitimatizes the process.

I don't want it to have my consent.

That's all about you can do when the Supreme Court starts deciding against the Constitution. Revoke your consent.

>If I choose to vote, it legitimatizes the process.

No it doesn't. That doesn't mean anything. The constitution legitimizes the process.

Democracy is a Greco-Roman expression of tribalism. EAT THE SNAKE. stop being a fucking individual

lol

I think I might vote now. Thanks, bud.

>R*dit spacing
>Retarded boomer lolbertarian ideology
The only thing you'll succeed at is silencing yourself
sage goes in all fields

>don't vote, go- guys. its not ethical!