Tamako Māketto

One of the most underrated masterpieces of our time, often overshadowed by the movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

u.nya.is/nfbmos.webm
nhentai.net/g/101565/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's bad even by KyoAni standards.

The ending song is beautiful.

Where's my new KyoAni original show, boys?

Explain to me what it does differently from anything else, because as far as I'm concerned it's boring, generic drivel, and you're a huge faggot.

Wish this were on Hulu or CR

>Steaming

The first scene in the show is Tarantino tier as far as exposition through dialogue goes. It may seem they're talking nonsense but their characters and personalities are established in a very subtle and natural manner. The world they live in just feels alive and real.

u.nya.is/nfbmos.webm

I know you will just shrug this off and call it generic still, but to someone with no prejudice against KyoAni should be able to see it.

Anko more like Manko

Manko-chan!

It's the definition of mediocre and forgettable, and the movie isn't that great either.

It's great, every part that doesn't have the bird.
Would it be possible to make a recap movie that removes it?

No, because it's over. Love Story is a masterpiece though.

I was thinking even fanmade, to more easily get people into Tamako Love Story

You are absolutely correct OP. I can't imagine Love Story without all the development and set up from Market, and Love Story gives Market the ending it deserves.

This was the only good episode

Best girl sliding in!

You are objectively wrong.

Cute butt!

I wouldnt call it a materpiece but the style and characters personalities were pretty good to hold it up still havnt watched the movie

Remove burd

It's great because it has the best girl ever. If I were to marry, it would be this carpenter.

The way I see this show is that it's actually a pretty good show about a girl who lives in a shopping district, but had a bad story arc at some point in which they meet a talking bird and an island princess, except the rest of the anime was lost and all we have left is that bad story arc.

I want to FUCK Anko's manko.

>shitty lesbian lost
Feels so good

Kanna was LITERALLY perfect.

What was the point of this character? Besides being the cutest, I mean.

>underrated

but user, you can't underrate what deserves to be on the lowest part of the ranking

Why is she so smug?

So comfy.

Not the user. I don't take part in this studio hating bullshit and I watched Tamako Market when it aired. It was easily forgettable.

its not good but its no worse than hibike or other more popular shows. it has an unfair reputation probably because so many people dropped it because of the bird, and they didnt really watch the show.

Every character is good including Dera, except for Midori. Kanna a best.

No

>Was

Did she die?

Wrecking ball accident

DAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOO

Just came here to say that Shiori best girl.

Assemble Kannafag!

Has there ever been a more unanimously agreed upon bestgirl on Sup Forums than Kanna?

I know you are the one posting Kanna in /c/. Give me your Kannafolder.

It really was good. I feel as if people hated it because they were expecting something more than what they got. TM was simple and uncomplicated, it didn't try to do anything spectacular nor did it ever portray that it was going to do so.

I'm actually not. Sorry.

I really can't think of any.

Before watching the show I thought Kanna was going to be another Reiclone. Turns out she's just autistic

Just listened to it again, so pretty.

Sаgе for Kyoani shillbots.

That does it, I'm rewatching Tamako Market right now.

Anko is not for lewd.

Bullshit.

>exposition through dialogue
Lost all interest right here.

It's not overshadowed by the movie. That would imply the movie as popular.

nhentai.net/g/101565/

Yamada/Yoshida really are the best at character interactions.

I am on episode 3, it seems like the usual moeblob SOL show, why do you care so much about the story?

This isn't a story focused show.

Give your Kannafolder

Aside from Tamako being a retard, there is little more there.

This image gives me conflicting feelings.

Why?

Not an argument.

Will my girl Horiguchi ever return?

FUCKING DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW

U mad, Mochizo?

BEAUTIFUL animation and really cute characters, but the story is completely shit.

I don't know what they were thinking when writing this - is this how studio originals usually look like?
No wonder they have to adapt other people's work to make profits.

I was baited into watching the movie, because "it is not like the show, it's sooo much better" and, despite not having all that island bullshit, it was still shit.

I am not sure whether to watch Chuuninbyou or Hyouka first, which one will disappoint me the least so I won't be driven away from watching the second one?

Tamako might actually break my nofap

Nishiya > Horiguchi

>but the story is completely shit.
What story?

The one they tried t shoehorn about the island, bird, princess etc.

It only got in the way and added NO drama as it seemed to be their original intention.

The island plot was just a device for them to introduce Dera. It wasn't even relevant half the time.

No shit, that's what I'm complaining about.
And it wasn't just a "bird device", as the end-game of the anime tried to turn the island thing into a "drama device" about leaving home and friends and whatnot.

Really badly executed.

I like the bird, though, not sure why he gets all the hate.

You're right, it was just a device. Yes it was badly executed and was shoehorned into the last episodes but at the end of the day I don't think it's something you should judge the anime by.

Tamako Market best palette

Kill yourself.

Tamako has incredibly suckable breasts.

I don't see it.

I prefer the Amagi one. I just love color contrast.

Thank you

>I don't think it's something you should judge the anime by
So I shouldn't judge an anime based on it's premise, execution and how that premise interferes with other potential alternatives that could have taken place?

Do tell me what should i base it on, then.

The hidden best girl

I thought Mochi was a weak character. Same with Shiori.

Tamako, Midori, and Kanna were great though.

The best part of the show

Why is Kanna such a best, lads?

Agreed. It is a Ghibli-tier show and Yamada's masterpiece.

Amazing voice, amazing personality, amazing body.

Mugi should be of dark brown

>often overshadowed by the movie
What did you expect from some generic shipper pandering fest?

It's premise was never about the prince and his bride that was literally just a plot device to show firstly to introduce a foreign character into the community, and secondly to reiterate how important Tamaya is to Tamako. It was bad yes, but it really doesnn't matter that much -- it achieved what it set out to do.

TM is based entirely around Tamako and her relationships within Tamaya. There was never any "plot" to begin with it's a fucking slice of life.