Lupin III

New thread.

First few images of the upcoming theatrical Lupin III film "BloodSpray of Goemon" which will star Goemon obviously and Lupin will debut the BLACK Jacket which I'm not crazy about.

It will be a sequel to Jigen's Gravestone and it will be released on February 4th in Japan.

Koike will be returning to direct.

2/3

2/3
Guy on too is the main villain nicknamed "Bermuda Spectre". As you can tell. It's gonna be very bloody.

3/3*

Comparison between new Lupin and Gravestone Lupin.

New to the series here, what anime should I start watching? Some say when Lupin wears red and others say when he wears blue.

Also, is he better than kaito kid?

Start with Pink.
I'm saying it because no one else will.

thank you based user

Green is the best, but I'd say it truly got good at Ep 4. Red Lupin is really hit and miss, the mediocre and bad episodes overtake the good ones. Just look up the best ones, 2, 31, 145, 155 come to mind. Blue Lupin is pretty good, but diverse in its style and is probably the easiest to get into. Never saw Pink, and also don't forget to google the best movies/OVAs like Caglistrio and Island of Assassins.

Lupin is big and diverse as fuck, so my opinion on things is probably wildly different than other anons.

Without a doubt start with the original green jacket series since it's literally the best. Then watch red, but you don't need to watch all of it. Then watch some pink, then watch all of blue.

If I wanna get into lupin, where do I start?

Watch the 2015 blue jacket first, then fujiko and the Jigen OVA. After that watch in airing order and you will enjoy it a lot because it's better.

Visually I always liked Red the best as a design

Comparison with Lupin from all 4 series.

How can people wear a suit 24/7? It's hot as fuck outside.

You really shouldn't tell people to start with the new shit first

OH NO HES HOT

Tf you talking about. It's winter dipshit.

Not here in britland

He's I'd incredibly good looking in the new film.

Well no one gives a shit about britland nor does Lupin.

Maybe WAY good looking...

He deserves to be good looking. To be honest. I've always thought he looked good. Never saw why people called him a monkey outside of the sideburns thing.

Part 1 and Movie look the sexiest.

>Hairy manlet whi jumps around a fucking lot
It's pretty obvious

Part 4 is also really handsome but a single picture doesn't always do him justice.

Everyone's going to have their own opinion, but I'd probably recommend something like:

1. Castle of Cagliostro (whether it's the best is up for grabs, but I don't think any other work is more entry-level).
2. Series 4 (fun things are fun) and/or Mine Fujiko (YMMV)
3. Series 2 (for me, the definitive Lupin)
4. Fuma Clan, Secret of Mamo, Tokyo Conspiracy (picking up the pieces)

From there you'd know enough to determine what other things you'd enjoy.

That black jacket looks awesome.

Wonder what color they'll go with next. I'd really like a followup on blue jacket. Not necessarily set in Italy, but just bring back that team.

What is the general consensus on the live action Lupin?

I kind of liked that he was charming despite looking like a normal dude. It accentuated his charisma with the contrast.

Finally, Goemon gets his time to shine. I've been awaiting this moment for millenia.

>Black jacket

Is he more like his rapey original manga version now?

You should watch Pink.

Stoked that Koike's back to direct. Jigen's Gravestone is far and away my favourite modern Lupin thing.