Sakura

>Morio Asaka is returning to direct it

>Madhouse is animating it again

>The main cast is returning

Is it okay to be excited for this, yet? The first season of Sailor Moon Crystal was just a perfect storm of bad decisions, right? This will at least be decent, right?

I dunno?
First few chapters feel pretty boring but then again the original anime was the definitive version of the story so maybe this will be the case again?

They have plenty of time to work on it, so hopefully they put some care into it. I am pretty excited even though the announcement was obvious with how often they were teasing "something new"

Hopefully they animate it the old fashioned way too, none of this ugly looking digital crap.

No, expect a DBS-tier sequel

Reminder that NHK is funding it too.

They're not going to suddenly bring back hand painted cel animation. The most you can hope for is an art style that takes after the original anime rather than Clamp's current style.

This is Madhouse with over a year of pre production time. Not Toei with it's non-existent budget and retarded time schedule.

itll be 2018's anime of the year

Are you an idiot?

They could always give it a faux-film look with some clever after effects, but yeah I doubt it

>Madhouse again
Hey no way! this is definitely going to be AOTY.

>make a decent manga
>drag it out for over 60 episodes
lol no its going to be garbage just like the original

You mean like that Gundam from a few years back? That might look okay. Personally, I think not abusing those soft-shading filters every show uses these days would be fine enough. Or anything that manages to capture that warmth in the look cel shows had.

>Not cel, story will be shit and it will have CG for every moving thing besides MC and backgrounds

>CG for every moving thing besides MC and backgrounds

This isn't a mecha anime, user. Madhouse is a pretty competent studio, so the only thing we have to fear is modern CLAMP.

Will Rayearth ever get the same amount of love as Sakura?

Is that what your pic is portraying?

The problem here is the direction of the story. The manga so far seems to have a plotline where every Clow card has a Clear card counterpart, meaning that they would have to develop a counterpart for the full anime deck. Eriol seems to be involved somehow, and the extent of his powers varies in the anime. Likewise, whatever happens with the clear cards, if they are indeed linked to the Clow Cards, they need to address the final card from the second movie too. With some planning it could work, but... To be honest modern clamp could ruin this by linking it too Tsubasa and stuff. If they steer clear of that and the story is developed by the same team as the anime, I am hopeful for it

Even worse

It was 70

No, it's just meant to show off that soft-shading abuse I mentioned.

>Modern clamp could ruin this by linking it to Tsubasa and stuff

That's my biggest fear. I have very little faith in modern Clamp and shit like Tsubasa was one of the worst things to ever happen to them.

(TG)Sakura was 24 when she voiced CCSakura-chan
CCSakura-chan was my childhood crush, and now i'm ossan
If the new anime series news is to be trusted
(TG)Sakura will be voicing CCSakura-chan at 45 y/o.

Let that sink in...

I've heard her voice characters recently and she doesn't sound old at all. A lot of VAs are much much older than the characters they voice.

Kotono Mitsuishi is almost 50 and her Usagi is still pretty recognizable.

Don't be retarded that would imply it's been 20 years sinc
HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOW

Has CLAMP ever done designs for an RPG or something before? 3D graphics would probably be the only way they could go all out with tiny details on outfits.

>The problem here is the direction of the story. The manga so far seems to have a plotline where every Clow card has a Clear card counterpart, meaning that they would have to develop a counterpart for the full anime deck. Eriol seems to be involved somehow, and the extent of his powers varies in the anime. Likewise, whatever happens with the clear cards, if they are indeed linked to the Clow Cards, they need to address the final card from the second movie too. With some planning it could work, but...

If it means more episodes to allow the manga to stay ahead, I'm fine with it. Comfy SoL Sakura is the best.

I want Tomoyo to get a girlfriend.

She'd rather die alone than be with anyone besides Sakura.

Is it worth buying?

There's no need to worry. Sailor Moon Crystal just had a really shit director who didn't even seem to be a fan of the anime. Chiaki Kon is a fan and it shows, right down to teasing Saturn finally getting a proper transformation sequence.

The first director wasn't the problem with the first season of Crystal. It was the producer. She was the one who decided on the character designs and dulled down tone of the series.

Changing the director and producer has really improved the series though, yeah.

I think part of the problem was that they also just didn't want it to overlap with Precure for whatever reason in terms of tone, or maybe they just wanted to target grown and mature women that watch mature animes.

I don't know why else they'd actively take out the humor and friendly chatter while doing such a bad job of focusing on romance instead. The manga might be less fun than the original anime but it still wasn't as bad as Crystal.

>You mean like that Gundam from a few years back?

Which Gundam series was that?

What the hell is that? Maus?

It's not about filler though. The anime clearly knew how season 2 was going to end since the first episode. The extra cards were made in purpose to have a full deck. They weren't just filler, they ran out of time to show all of them.

The thing Sakura needs to have the same quality it did before is planning. During that planning process they can also fix whatever stupid things the manga has (like how Terada giving a ten year old an engagement ring vanished in the anime).

Sakura doesn't have much "filler" anyhow. The beauty of knowing how it's gonna end from day one means that every single scene can go towards that goal. I'm sure Madhouse will plan things ahead again and deliver in this regard.

But what I'm afraid of is that the Clear Card arc will be either so intrinsically connected to Tsubasa (we all know this would be the #1 most expected "twist" from modern CLAMP after all) that the anime can't write itself out of that... Or so intrinsically connected to the events from the manga that whatever happens won't make much sense given the fuller, and in my opinion more elaborate, anime story. Because the anime needs to address Meiling and Eriol being fully Clow and the Hope card existing and so on, and these things are clearly not a factor in whatever direction CLAMP is going (and Eriol's situation in the anime may even go against that direction).

The Clear Card act clearly wasn't planned from the beginning, so that cohesion will inevitably be lost no matter what medium it runs on. But the anime faces the further challenge of readapting it... And while I trust Madhouse, I, like most sane people, don't trust modern CLAMP. If this was a slice of life series it would be totally amazing and I wouldn't be worried about it, but it isn't and modern CLAMP magic shenanigans inevitably lead to missing dimensional warping feathers and clones of clones of clones. So far, the manga's story is all about magic much more so than about relationships, too.

>Is it okay to be excited for this, yet?

YES

Reconguista in G.

Someone on the staff (I'm guessing the producer, since the director did stuff like Suite Precure before) grossly misunderstood why people love Sailor Moon so much. Sure, lots of girls loved the romance and Naoko's pretty artwork, but it's strongest point was the friendships between the girls.

They acted like real teenage girls and got into wacky hi-jinks in-between the fighting, and that's how people came to care about them when shit got real.

They have over a year to plan it out, thankfully. The only real problem is the source material.

Someone needs to beat Ohkawa and friends over the head until she realizes nobody fucking likes the clusterfuck known as Tsubasa anymore and shoving it into everything ruins their good ideas.

CCS = Mirmo > Nanoha > Akihabara > SM > utter shit >>>>> Yui

Prove me wrong, niggas.

>Mixing seinen with a magical girl skin in with actual stuff for girls

Make a better list.

>Is it okay to be excited for this, yet?
Nope. The manga's pretty shit so far.

Is it really?

The Ruri clone in Akihabara was cute.

Is it not? Aside from her capturing more cards in really boring ways literally nothing's fucking happening. Tomoyo, syaoran, kero and eriol are hardly in on any of the action. And sakura and syaoran's relationship is going absolutely nowhere.

It will be a cheap cash grab.

>Mirmo
It doesn't get enough love.

If Rayearth gets a sequel I will moist myself to death.

A remake would work fine with Rayearth, since the original has aged like ass. Sakura didn't need a sequel, and neither does Rayearth.

I guess it depends on how long they're planning on running this new arc. If it's over 25 chapters, there's still time to start doing things with the characters at a decent pace. If not, at least the anime can fill the gap.

Unless they tie it into Tsubasa, in which case it's unsalvageable.

dude this is fucking madhouse we're talking about

Why does digital Sakura look so uncanny?

Hopefully the same thing happens and the anime improves on the manga. So far the manga has been nothing but "New card appears, Sakura captures it, Shaoron looks on while obviously hiding something".

>>Morio Asaka is returning to direct it
>>Madhouse is animating it again
Fuck dude, christmas came early this year.

For the BD covers, it's probably just a case of the original character designer's art style changing over the years. The image in your quote is just a case of someone who couldn't imitate the show's art right.

Sakura is the best anime in history

Better than Rayearth's BD covers.

Yes. Its subs aren't as directly translated as I would've liked but that's not that big of a deal. It looks great on a shelf and has a nice book that comes with it.

I haven't seen or read it yet. Is that what the show usually looks like? Also, which should I experience first?

That looks fine. I'll have to check it out, then.

Nostalgia trip but better?
...Nah, it's too much to hope for. It'll probably do the usual thing of skipping stuff just because the creators assume the audience already saw the old show. That's what ruined FMAB, Hellsing Ultimate, Sailor Moon Crystal, and probably a bunch of other reboots I haven't seen or heard of.

It's not a reboot.

Rayearth's first story arc is mostly the same in both the manga and anime. The second season is where it starts to get slightly different. Just prepare yourself for some bad animation during the first season and a MIDI soundtrack.

It's a matter of personal taste.

Thanks.

I'm wary of this becoming another Tsubasa, especially with the new girl that was introduced.

>new girl that was introduced
Don't fuck with me user. Tell me what is this about.

my bet is sakura and syaoran's daughter for the future cause i don't trust clamp

She looks ok. But if your spoiler is true or some other retarded shit happens because of her i would fly to Japan just to get the chance to punch the person responsible in the face.
CLAMP better not fuck this.

I wouldn't put it past them

>and modern CLAMP magic shenanigans inevitably lead to missing dimensional warping feathers and clones of clones of clones
What the fuck went wrong with Clamp?

Yoooo cardcaptor sakura used to be my shit. She was my first waifu when I didn't even know what waifu was

I hope this gets a full CGI adaptation à la Berserk.

?

All four members of Clamp need to have their homes and offices firebombed for the bullshit they've done over the past ten years.

I just hope the outfits will be as pretty as before.

That's my favourite picture from the artbook.

But Hellsing Ultimate was really good, unlike the others on that list.

They somehow lost their ability to end ANYTHING coherently, and even when things do end, they get dragged from the grave and mangled anyway.

All while not hiatus-ing their only good modern series (Gate 7) and refusing to finish stories that have dragged on for decades (X, Clover, etc).

I don't even know if I want them to finish X as they are now. It's my all time favourite series and they'll fuck it up, I know they will

Why does Clamp have such a fetish for feathers? They went out of their way to not draw roses in Sakura because it was "cliche," but they have no problem shoving angel wings into everything.

Fucking hypocrites.

Roses are for transvestites, feathers for cute, fluffy and pure girls.

Shut your ignorant mouth.

Holy Fucking Goood!!
What have they done to my Umi??
Unforgivable!!

Remake won't do any justice. Play safe to make sequel because it would guaranteed huge money.