Evangelion: 3.0+1.0

FUCKING WHEN?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-19/hideaki-anno-apologizes-for-delay-on-final-evangelion-film/.104479
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never

no.seriously
when will this movie release?
has been 2 fucking years....
someone died or the studio burn?

not before 2020

either

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-19/hideaki-anno-apologizes-for-delay-on-final-evangelion-film/.104479

NEVER
EVER

He started working on it literally this season
Expect it to come out post 2020 (shieeet)

How many Eva fans do you think have died between the release of the original series and now?

hopefully next year

Do people even give a shit about the Rebuilds anymore?

>a 4-6 year gap

JIBUN SOON

I just finished End of Eva and I still don't fucking get it. Here is the post I made last night. If anything, it just gave me more questions instead of actually answering any of the ones I had about the finale.
The Lance of Longinus, where did the ones that hit Asuka come from? Why did the one on the moon come down and hit Shinji? Why was it on the moon? What happened to the one that Rei threw at the angel in the main series? What exactly are the Lances?
What is Seele? Some sort of cabal that's actually pulling the strings at Nerv? Are the monoliths to preserve anonymity?
Everything that happened between Rei fusing with Lillith and Shinji choking Asuka in the kitchen, was it all in his head? Did he really choke her?
What was up with the live action segments?
What was the purpose of the sea of LCL?

I guess I'll just watch the Rebuild movies now.

Next year.

That makes me sad :(

jesus fucking christ is it 1998 again.

Considering we are subhuman at best, just a shit ton

Human interaction is shit sometime but its worthwhile because reasons
The factory made evas.
It was the one rei threw at the space angel
The can penetrate anti terror shields
Organization that wants everyone to turn into orange goo and therefore 'evolve', the monoliths are just ways of talking I guess
Rei was made from lillith cells (I think)
Because Shinji is an emotional little dickhead riled up by killing Kawou and Asuka was being a bitch as per usual
Yes he tries to choke her again
Artistic effect and too make it relate to the real world
Its humanities next evolution once they all drop their at shields, they can come back to human form like shinji and asuka if they want to

Should I watch EoE or what?
I already fucking have PTSD from just watching NGE

I think a lot of Evangelion is left ambiguous for the interpretation of the viewer rather than have any definitive answers. I don't even think the people who made it know exactly what the ending means. I interpret the ending of the series and the ending of EoE to coincide with one another, the series having Shinji accept human instrumentality and assimilating into one happy consciousness, and in EoE Shinji rejecting human instrumentality and ending up on the beach with Asuka. A lot of it is symbolic and relates to obscure philosophy that I'm not knowledgeable of though. I think Shinji strangling Asuka was to make sure he was back in his own world, because in his own world everything is full of pain and anguish. It was the end of the world, however, and there was absolutely no way they were going to survive after that with everything wiped out. He might've just been trying to kill her so she didn't have to suffer. Or he just went crazy after all the shit he's been through. Any way you look at it is bleak. Both endings are sad to me. The human instrumentality project basically takes away your individuality and creates a synthetic existence free from pain. It might take horrible things away but it's still kind of a crazy scenario when you combine consciousness with all living things for peace and understanding. It's either that or the end of the world scenario. As for everything else, I think Seele is just a shadow organization that pulls the strings on world affairs and that the primordial soup is the earth going back to how it was in the very beginning when life started to come about.

>yfw Seele's monoliths and NGE in general were both just 2001: A Space Odyssey references
>the monoliths force the evolution of an entire species
>some stuff with aliens maybe
>2deep4u

Yes. The ending of EoE is so much more satisfying than the series' ending.

jej

Thanks, maybe I'll watch it again one of these days. I really enjoyed the movie and the main series aside from the super cryptic parts.
And about Rebuild, from what I understand, it's just supposed to be a retelling of the series? How much does it explain?

Rebuild doesn't explain anything about NGE, because it's already all explained. For now, it seems to just be a retelling. But there's probably some time-travel world genesis loopy shit going on.

It's already been 4 years since 3.0, user

You just know the its a sequel bullshit theory is gonna turn out t be true

Well, Two minutes into EoE and I already went maniac three times and had to go for a smoke. Fuck you Sup Forums. This shit is completely why I do not watch any sad shit.

>mfw EoE literally gives a guy lung cancer

I hope it fucking does out of spite.
Also what the fuck? There's a fucking wikihow for that?

>It's already been 4 years since 3.0, user
Jesus christ

>Seek love and approval. Shinji wants to be loved by everyone, especially his previously estranged father. Shinji cares a lot about what other people think.

>Be careful with this step. Approval-seeking is associated with low self-confidence and self-esteem. While Shinji has problems with both, preserve your healthy mindset by not getting too into character.[10]

>A healthy way of gaining approval is to be actively conscientious of other people's feelings. Ask others about their needs and avoid being selfish.[11]

Pretty good guy tbqh.

Good fucking god.
I hope people never fucking wire this into who they think they are. This is like fucking over your entire personality. The entire fucking meaning of being you is being what ever the fucking fucking you want to be.
Scary.

Don't worry, the first half has one of the best fight sequences of the whole franchise.

I better fucking hope so.

source?

>Watch NGE + EoE for the first time
>understand it completely
How do people not get it?

The genius mind of the master.

No you don't understand

This entire series was shit.
Back to watching LotGH I go.

Yes I do
>everyone is fucked up
>but they're still just human after all
>this is what relationships are like if they were 50m mechas but the mechas were actually living beings
>shinji has it the worst
>just love yourself shinji
>lots of Freudian themes and references
>man is mans worst enemy

Okay, but who created humanity? No googling.

Is LOtGH an Sup Forums meme or is it actually good?

>EVA 4.44 CLOSING SCENE
>Shinji wakes up back in his room at Misato's apartment
>same 90s cell-shaded animation style as the original series
>stares at the unfamiliar ceiling and thinks about what a crazy dream he just had
>Mari pulls herself out from under the covers and demands that Shinji fuck her again
>FIN

I'd be totally content with this ending.

>2 fucking years
It was initially slated for a 2013 release if memory serves

yeah i get it but it still feels like im being kept out of the talented childrens area of the preschool

funny man will never see the end of rebuild

even the magic of anno couldn't keep him alive

Hey, I fapped to that yesterday!

The Lance of Longinus is a device made by the progenitors to disable the two seeds (Adam/Lillith). Adam's lance blows up & causes 2nd impact. Lillith's Lance was what Rei/Unit 0 threw at the Sky Angle, but it penetrated completely and came to a stop on the moon, where Seele was able to retrieve it. Seele then snuck it into the weaponry for the Mass Production Evas and eventually gets Asuka with it.

So you got your angles who have unlimited energy (s2 engine) and humans who have unlimited technology (atom bomb n shit), Seele wants to combine these two parts and return humanity to the progenitor race.
NERV is a public Department of Seele and is working towards this merger (Human Instrumentality) but Gendo wants to reunite with Yui (who was absorbed by Unit 1, but is cloned in the form of Rei) so he keeps stalling for time.
In EoE Seele gets tired of Gendo's shit and attempts to force Human Instrumentality. Gendo realizes he is out of time and moves to fuse Rei, Himself, Lillith, and Adam. Rei decides that Gendo is not worthy and instead leaves him as a human to get tang'd/shot. She then meets up with Unit 1/Shinji and lets him decide the fate of humanity. Thus everyone get tang'd (turned into lcl, or the "primordial soup") their souls merge with Rei/Lilith.

Ultimately Shinji decides that everybody has the right to chose either staying human, or joining in the collective consciousness and basically be in heaven. Shinji decides to stay "human" and he is joined by Asuka. Shinji at this point is completely disoriented and decides to choke Asuka to see if she is real, to which she responds. They then go on to be Adam and Eve for the next iteration.

Does anybody know where I can watch the movies because I think kissanime took them out with the latest update.

good taste

Thanks user... But...

SEELE didn't get the lance back. It flies to Unit 01 during the final ritual in EoE. The imitation lances were presumably built with data they gathered before the lance was thrown to the moon.

Do the glasses in Rei's room belong to Gendo? Are they from when he got saved her just before Shinji arrived?

Yeah. They fell off when he saved her and she took them.

what I'm looking at?

A page from retake, followed by 5 pages from sadamoto's manga (stolen artwork)

I made that pic after people kept saying the Eva-Units art looked great in retake.

>rebuild has misato show lillith to shinji almost right away
haha what the fuck is this
also, aren't they supposed to believe it's actually adam at this point in time?

it's a reimagining, it doesen't follow the original continuity
2 and 3 are almost entirely different from the original outside of a few plotpoints in 2

Lilith's spear was lost in First Impact, not Adam's. Adam's spear is the one we see throughout the series.

Not in your lifetime.

It's actually good.

It makes use of classical music to create a true space opera.

Fuck

Shinji is the Eve of the new iteration, Kaworu is still Adam. According to ANIMA, anyway.

You can definitely think of everything leading up to EoE and the last two episodes as the matrix. When we see reality falling apart, we see that enlightenment is traumatising. Enlightenement in this case isn't some pop-buddhist thing where you become one with nature and feel the love from all living things. No. Enlightenment means facing all of your problems in a very disturbing way. It means getting rid of the wall that's holding in all the bullshit. It's not "be yourself" or "indulge yourself". It's more like, the way of thinking that caused all this bullshit to happen isn't the way of thinking that is going to fix things.

The lcl hivemind is one way of solving this. Badly. Everyone gets all of their needs and desires met, except there is no interaction, no problem solving and most important no growing up. You've got rid of the wall, but now all the bullshit is floating around freely forever.

Post yfw the ending is Shinji initiating the fourth impact and waking up with Asuka on the beach

Reminder that Shinji is straight

Reminder that Kaworu was a tool to display impossibility of unconditional love without pain
Kawoshin btfo
Actually, all snippers btfo

that scene was so hot

Well duh, Shinji has her boyfriend Kaworu after all!

Why does even thinking about the show get me in a state of helplesness and rage? I should be thankful that someone somewhere made a thing I can relate to, but I really aren't.

reminder that kaworu exists

Reminder that Shinji did not wanted to fuck him

Yes he did, Anno said so. Don't bother him about it.

Well then he's retarded

Ain't nothing retarded about basing Kaworu and Shinji on your homosexual affair with Sailor Moon's director

His words don't match what actually he did with the show. Shinji was shown only with desires for women.

Except when he showed more interest in Kaworu than any of those women?
Except when he said he is in love with Kaworu, and never said he loved any of the other women?
Except when Kaworu was the one to tang him in EoE, not any of the other women?
Rewatch the show bro.

RETAKE YEAH BOI

ever

>He cries and goes back to sleep.
>Meanwhile, in the apartment next door..
>Mari pulls herself out from under the covers and demands that Asuka fuck her again.

Soft Pink is canon. Accept it.

Don't bother with shippers. They're mostly females who can't comprehend the true mechanics of male relationships without sex. It's why all those people think Sherlock Holmes and Watson are homosexuals. To a man, it makes perfect sense, two boys who love to go on adventures, but girls can never see that.

I ship it hard, user

It's not shipping when the creator of Evangelion himself confirmed it.

Never got a boner.

Who tops?

>implying

Lucky him.

he's a shipper