Christians are thieves

I've noticed a lot of Christianity vs Odinism threads that usually end in a bunch of American Christians insulting Odinists and denying that their religion is a Jewish sect, and often referring to the Crusades as proof that Christianity is eurocentric.

That being said, can any genuine Christians actually justify what it is about Christianity that they find appealing or logical? As an example, most Odinists/Ásatru people don't actually believe the Æsir or the Vanir are sentient, living beings, but rather aspects of humanity created in the form of story that people can learn from. I'll give you a few examples of where Christianity has just plain and simply stolen Pagan traditions and sold them as the word of Christ/God.

Hell - Hel. The Norse concept of the underworld, changed by Christians to refer to some fiery depths where a red-skinned goat lives and bad people live there (even though God is supposed to be forgiving and merciful, and if you understood the world you would understand that people do bad things because they're either stupid, emotionally damaged or both).

Easter - Ostara. A Germanic/Norse goddess who represented spring. Fests were held in her name during the Spring Equinox prior to Christianity's arrival in the Germanic countries (from the west of England to the east of Sweden). This has now been morphed into a celebration of Christ's resurrection and is celebrated by Christians by dressing up as a rabbit and hiding chocolate eggs around someone's back yard.

Christmas - Yule. A celebration held in December related to the Winter Solstice and the Wild Hunt. Morphed by Christian's to represent the birth of Christ by feasting, putting up and decorating a Scandinavian pine tree, wearing Nordic sweaters and giving gifts to family and friends.

Can you genuinely justify your "faith in Christ" when for most people it boils down to being told by their parents that A: Christ and God are real and B: being a Christian is patriotic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fwFVzNB3Mqw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_the_United_Kingdom
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_Sweden
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This guy is a top comment on every varg video and varg personally likes his comments. youtube.com/watch?v=fwFVzNB3Mqw

>"savage, what are you doing all the way up here in these snow huts? Have you not heard the word of Christ?"
>might makes right strength odin fuck u christcuck
>lose
>FUCKING THIEVES IMMORAL SCUM FUCK U

Wat, I'm the top commentor?

Elaborate queer.

Christianity is more like a reformed Greek and Roman mystery religion than a jewish sect. Its about a man-god bridging the gap between the human and the divine worlds.

There is no Christianity vs Odinism. There can't be because it's a dead religion. Anyone who says they're a pagan or some shit are LARPers wanting to be "cool" and "unique".

Isn't that kind of a strawman though since the Pagans didn't ask to be converted and Christians have always used underhanded methods to convert people, like they still do today when they go to the parts of the world that are most affected by starvation and drought, give the people food and drink and then say "btw have you heard about Christ?"

The guy in the video clearly. Just goes to show what kind of following he has.

>might makes right
>lose
>"that's not right"

I'll be the first one to say that for a guy that has 140k subs, of course there are gonna be Amerimutt LARPers in the comments section.

But that speaks to a larger problem that Americans have always had. They have no history beyond "muh revolution" and "muh civil war". Yeah sure they've invented a few cool things and had an intense ride for the past 80 years, but most of them still refer to themselves as "Italian American" or "German American". Imagine being some fat loser living in Arkansas and the only way for you to feel like you're worth anything is to look at Europe and say "my ancestors probably came from there". That's why American Odinists are the worst. At least people in Germanic countries have some basis for wanting it, and most of them try to live a less materialistic lifestyle. But in the case of Americans, their first instinct is to go on Amazon, buy a meme Thor's Hammer necklace and then tweet about it to their black friend who is also a Germanic Pagan for some fucking reason.

We literally don't care about you pagans. You do nothing but bitch about us then expect us to say nothing.

Yeah torturing women and children and mass slaughtering men not for resources, not for a personal grievance, but because they don't believe that some Jewish guy who died on a stick is the one and only god that you have to kneel down before and beg forgiveness from because Humans are "scum" and "born sinful".

Christianity sure has a noble past.

>Yeah torturing women and children and mass slaughtering men not for resources, not for a personal grievance, but because they don't believe that some Jewish guy who died on a stick is the one and only god that you have to kneel down before and beg forgiveness from because Humans are "scum" and "born sinful".
>Christianity sure has a noble past.
Pagans did all of those things. But did they ever put a stop to slavery?

Thanks once again for proving to everyone with even half a brain that with LARPing memes aside and the casual mention of one retarded pagan (who always ends up being from America), you can't in any disprove that Hell, Easter and Christmas are all stolen pagan festivals dressed up to represent your King of the Jews. It's truly a shame to think that Christians unironically believe they will 'Save Europa - Deus Vult" when in fact they seem to be more focused on silencing Pagans or converting the starving african children in camps.

You tell me because as far as I'm aware, your flag represents the US which 150 years ago was in a civil war. One side of that civil war, of course, using the BIBLE to actually justify slavery and explaining how God made blacks different to whites because they're "inferior".

>You tell me because as far as I'm aware, your flag represents the US which 150 years ago was in a civil war.
I said they abolished slavery, not that they were omnipotent and did so everywhere. England brought back slavery and passed it down to us.
>using the BIBLE to actually justify slavery
So what? Stalin used utilitarianism to justify his evils. That doesn't mean utilitarianism is bad.

Yes... Yesss!! Hate the Christians....

The issue is varg himself, he is not intelligent enough clearly and he is using his past to influence weak minds. Past in this case not being his music but the fact his music got so big because of "he murdered his friend, claims its self defence". Thats how i found him 10 years ago. Second issue is his followers, they are all like the guy i posted, you can read through comments, there are several proof videos on the fact he bans anyone with any kind of discussion value due to him not liking being challenged. I know "pagans" here tend to post survive the jive aswell and he is actually good. His delivery is a bit loose but he is just like that, we are not all made to be speech gods. So rather promote stuff like that if you want "paganism" promoted.

Oh and you talk like there is only germanic paganism, there is slavic, latin, greek and more.

>England brought back slavery and passed it down to us.
England was actually the first country to make slavery completely illegal. I understand as an American though, you're probably not too familiar with accurate history reports which is why all of your countrymen think WW2 for example was solely USA vs EVIL NAZIS and that everyone would be fucked if it wasn't for the American War Machine "saving your asses".

>So what? Stalin used utilitarianism to justify his evils. That doesn't mean utilitarianism is bad.

I think we can both agree that Stalin's interpretation of something being "useful" is drastically different to what a sane person would describe or enforce it as.

Okay, you've got me. Everything good About Christianity was stolen from pagans.

So what, am I supposed to do celebrating Christmas? Am I supposed to reject the pagan holidays so I can be a better pagan?

Admit it, you're a Christian, you can't help it, it's your only tradition. If you like paganism so much, then really focus on emphasizing the pagan aspects of Christianity. But rejecting it is retarded, and is literally the only thing left you can do to damage paganism.

They are inferior.
It's 2017. You think black people without a mixture of anglo-esque or Asian genetics are equal to other races?
Seriously?

I know you live in Europe and your media literally has one fucking side to it but...REALLY?

>England was actually the first country to make slavery completely illegal.
How does that contradict what I said? You brought it back before you outlawed it again, and even prevented us from outlawing it.
>you're probably not too familiar with accurate history reports which is why all of your countrymen think WW2 for example was solely USA vs EVIL NAZIS and that everyone would be fucked if it wasn't for the American War Machine "saving your asses".
Whatever you say, American air strip
>I think we can both agree that Stalin's interpretation of something being "useful" is drastically different to what a sane person would describe or enforce it as.
Again, you've missed the point entirely.
I understand you're of English stock, some of the lowest in the world, but do try to learn basic English.

I'll agree that Survive the Jive is a good example, but that he's not the most eloquent speaker. Nonetheless, he tries, and he doesn't have as much baggage as Varg Vikernes does when it comes to personal history or what motivates his views. That being said, Varg still makes a fair amount of good points concerning the history of Europe and the Christianization of Scandinavia. You can't deny that Christians have stolen a great deal from Germanic paganism when it comes to things like Christmas or Easter. There simply isn't a debate to be had over that and it's fairly dishonest for Christians to pretend that their religion is 100% word-of-god truth. Surely the word of God would be different to the word of some snow niggas living in mountains over 3000 miles away from where Jesus was born?

>Oh and you talk like there is only germanic paganism, there is slavic, latin, greek and more

I haven't said even once that those forms of Paganism don't exist. That's specifically the reason in the first place that I've described it as Odinism. I'm well aware that the Romans and Greeks had their own Pantheons, that the Slavs had a form of Paganism prior to Christianity's arrival and that even the Celts in Ireland and Wales had their on mythos.

Nothing happens when you die

None of these things are in the bible.
>Christmas
Not in the bible, adapted by catholics to bring in pagans.
>Hell
A place for Lucifer and the angels that followed him. God in the bible extends his mercy to humans, not satan and his angels. We all have a choice, and the choice is whether you choose to live a godly life, or choose to live a sinful one following Satan
>Easter
See first point.
While Christmas and Easter are associated with important points in the bible, nothing of Christmas nor Easter as we know it today was practiced or mentioned in the bible that a christian should do/celebrate

I haven't said anything of the sort. I'm saying that in 2017 it's Christianity that tells us "all races and religions are equal in the eyes of God", and it's the old religions, be it Roman Polytheism or Odinism that says "actually, our heritage is pretty important, and we should focus on caring about our own folk, putting their needs before the needs of any other group".

Forgot to mention it's the Lake of Fire, not HELL.

>Hell - Hel

Wrong. It's also referred to as Gehenna, or as other names in non-English languages (like enfer in French, from the Latin inferno)

>Easter - Ostara

Again, more of a case of lingustics than anything else. In French it's Pâques from the Latin pascha which itself comes from the Greek word for Passover

So all your post really did was tell us that you speak English and can't conceive of Christianity as something that had non-Anglo or non-Germanic origins

go back to r/atheism, nobody wants to read your sophomoric bullshit

Varg is such a fucking joke. All you need to do is look at the webm of him performing a karate kick to know he's a massive faggot. Other examples include him being a metal band and killing someone. Fucking degenerate brainlet

If that's the case then why the fuck do Christians practice it? Surely their religion teaches them to despise anything to do with a faith involving multiple Gods and Goddesses? What's the point in keeping Christmas (as it's currently celebrated) when A: it's not in the bible and B: it's basically the Germanic pagan festival of Yule with an added painting of christ thrown in?

Even the words Christmas clearly does not come from Yule, it comes from Christ's mass or however the Saxons would have pronounced it

I always assumed Jesus and Odin were one in the same. They both sacrificed and bled on the Tree of Life.

Actually a great number of English people still call it Yuletide, and there's even still things like the Yule Log dessert.

Christmas, Easter and many other things were part of european traditions and it is fully acknowledged by the church that through christianity we were able to keep them as traditions. And they do not pretend anything is the word of god. Reason i can claim this is because im surrounded by christians, pagans, atheists and all on the extreme ends. So i got a good look into each view along with studying both christianity and paganism. As a european i just find it incredibly intresting. So it is completely unfair to treat any group shitty, especially because thats encouraged by varg through lies. If other pagan related channels are much more inclusive, people should be here aswell. It just goes to show intelligent people know how to deal with this better than arrogant varg followers. Since europeans together are in deep shit, no matter the religion.

Point about germanic paganism being focus is that even pagan channels are being inclusive, talking as if germanic is only one to take examples from is a bit unfair. Makes it less intresting for other europeans. Its just how it looks to me. Might be wrong.

The Jews created Christianity in order to cuckold the goyim with this peace and forgiveness BS while they invented Jesus to lure the pagans away from Odin. All this while they raped the babies of both the pagans and the Christians.

European and the West is in trouble mainly because of paganism (either in the form of atheism or in the form of neopaganism)

>I've noticed a lot of Christianity vs Odinism threads that usually end in a bunch of American Christians insulting Odinists
Oh fuck off. Every single /Christian/ thread always gets spammed and derailed by larping faggots like you.

If you want to roleplay that badly go to /tg/

I thought it was the Jews.

The problem is that religion and ideology often go hand in hand, which is why so many Christians today in Europe are politically left wing. The church has professed that Christianity is a religion of turning the other cheek, tolerance to those who mistreat you, and acceptance of foreigners (The good Samaritan for example). That kind of ideology is just going to fuck up Europe even more. It's always the churches giving out aid to the local refugee influx. Christianity simply cannot provide native Europeans with the backbones they need to stand up for their countries and protect their families and communities.

>As an example, most Odinists/Ásatru people don't actually believe the Æsir or the Vanir are sentient, living beings, but rather aspects of humanity created in the form of story that people can learn from

aka. Jewish atheism with an obsession with Marvel comic-book characters

>A "Yule log" (or bûche de Noël French) is a traditional dessert served near Christmas, especially in Belgium, France, Switzerland, Quebec and several former French colonies.

So again, its original name is a Christmas log. That's what we call it in Quebec too

The Jews can only accelerate the descent of a society already destroying itself

He unironically believes that Europe is in trouble because a small number of people in the tens of thousands want to practice a religion whose sole ideology is protecting your tribe and kinsmen, and that somehow the religion based around the King of the Jews is going to be the thing that stands up for white people and pushes back the horde of immigrants arriving in Europe.

>The problem is that religion and ideology often go hand in hand, which is why so many Christians today in Europe are politically left wing. The church has professed that Christianity
Except most modern egalitarianism did not come from Chrsitains
See: Bertrand Russell and the rest of you inbred island brainlets.

No, you follow the second-most (arguably the most) popular religion in the UK: paganism

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_the_United_Kingdom

Atheism is just a form of paganism

More like paganism is just a form of atheism as "most Odinists/Ásatru people don't actually believe the Æsir or the Vanir are sentient, living beings, but rather aspects of humanity created in the form of story that people can learn from".

You really are a special case. You honestly believe that being an Odinist and being irreligious are one and the same?

Either you don't know enough about native European religions or you're just so obsessed with your Jewish desert faith that you're willing to bend history and time to suit your 2000 year old book which states nothing other than "turn the other cheek". You could almost be forgiven for thinking that Sweden is turning the other cheek today with the muslim migrants who rape their women but get no punishment in return for it, all in the name of tolerance.

Catholics, especially slavs are hard right. And they didn't even get to expirience the fruits of immigration. On the other hand atheistic protestant nations in scandinavia, UK and others are in deep trouble. And those nations use such wording as you said. While catholics see it like the catholics of old, "we have a holy right to defend our traditions, lands and people". I mean "we are anglican, we dont believe in god" says it all. There is no left and christian, real christian anyway. I fully appriciate that aspect of christianity which is making people stay sane in these terrible times. Paganism is the same way, in terms of right>left. That is because catholicism for example is very close to paganism in terms how it was shaped(by pagan europeans literally).

When it comes to turning the cheek and all that, i just dont feel like reposting stale memes fully illustrating why it does not mean what you say. Ofc you are not suppose to turn your asshole to your enemies. If you are long enough here in these kinds of threads im sure you saw it.

If you want some priests confirming on camera what i just said, lemme know. I have sources for both sides as i dont want people split over religion.

Paganism and atheism are really the same thing though, since they just worship natural forces in one way or another.

>One poll found that only 15% of Church of Sweden members actually believe in Jesus

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_Sweden

It's the paganism that is killing Sweden. 85% of "Christians" there don't believe in the most essential thing you need to believe to be considered a Christians. But I'm sure that the one bible verse a pagan like you knows (you probably haven't even read it, I'm sure Varg dictated it to you) is what is motivating these totally-uncatechised people to act the way they do

> Christianity is a jewish trick :D. And most of it's content were stolen from paganism :DDD become pagan now or u r a jew
Uh, these threads are cool

Also note the subtle indicator of paganism here:

>many Swedish people define themselves as irreligious but spiritual people

This means they don't believe in God, but they DO believe in magic. It's fundamentally irrational

You stupid Brazilian. Some Christian traditions merely adopt those that were practices by pagans, but not the teachings

If we do it, it stops being dead.

I do know a black man named Thor

Where do you hold pagan religious ceremonies? How do you justify a polytheistic cosmology (which was proven impossible by Aristotle)?