(((ASTEROID))) DETECTED

>be you
>sitting on pol
>ignoring the CIGAR SHAPED INTERSTELLAR SPACESHIP - ER I MEAN ASTEROID GOY THAT JUST FLEW THROUGH OUR SOLAR SYSTEM

space.com/38838-interstellar-asteroid-oumuamua-space-cigar.html

>Cigar shaped
>Supposedly fumbling through space
>can't tell what it looks like cause it came through our system so fast

Other urls found in this thread:

space.com/38838-interstellar-asteroid-oumuamua-space-cigar.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Isn't this sort of what blue beam is about? Aren't they going to fake aliens or something? Won't they benefit though from claiming aliens are here?

They'd have too much trouble faking it to be honest. I mean, if they do try it, what are they going to do about the millions of people who know it's bullshit and the documented proof it is bullshit after the fact. Aside from the disruption to trade it would cause... the jews would never risk such a major project unless they were closed to collapse, and they're pretty steady. Dunno what to make of this, I guess I'll follow it, but not autistically.

10 threads, same CGI photo. Stay shilly my friend.

>

>space.com/38838-interstellar-asteroid-oumuamua-space-cigar.html

It's a probe sent from Coruscant

the theory is that they would enact some sort of "martial law" to protect people form the threat or potentially even usher them into mass concentration camps they claim are "safe havens".

why do you keep spamming this thread?

WE WONT FORGET ABOUT THE PEDOS SHILL

Swamp gas

obviously weather balloon.

It came for Mansons soul.

it's just aliens trying to fling their shit at earth

I'll repeat this in every fucking asteroid thread.
No drive plume, no drive cone.
No radiators, no significantly abnormal heat emissions.
No antennae for sending or receiving.
Not broadcasting any form of identification, hail, or prerecorded message.
No solar collectors or other obvious form of energy gathering/generation
No optical abnormalities that would indicate it being made of anything other than rock (neither highly reflective or highly light absorbing).

It's a rock flying across space. Ignore the click-bait article.

the aliens know how to stealth all that shit idiot

Why does it look like a blunt

>can't tell what it looks like
>CIGAR SHAPED

>stealth

Stealth does not exist in space, at least not for any long period of time. To hide your heat you'd have to sink it into something, and the heat sink itself will only hold so much heat before it reaches it's own heat capacity and starts to radiate heat again. If a ship uses extremely low albedo hull material to make it black it can still be detected as it obscures starts behind itself, any form of maneuvering will give it away as even the drive plume of a conventional rocket is easily visible across the solar system and anything stronger would be detectable at interstellar distances. Anything which utilizes significant power must radiate it away or eventually overheat, which means that even with directional radiators a "stealth" ship will be warmer than the surrounding space, any properly designed ship will be symmetrical to evenly distribute it's weight, as opposed to covered in irregular rock which will throw off it's center of mass and force it to waste fuel correcting course, etc, etc, etc, etc, et-fucking-cetra.

Stealth does not exist in space, fucking period, the best you can do is either create a distraction so the other guy's telescopes aren't pointed at you, or hide behind something bigger and flashier and warmer than your own ship.

Aliens are developed enough to understand that stealth is a joke.

dafuqs wrong with this bitch?

Sorry mate i took a massive space dump

you guys are brainlets about stealth I'm saying that if the aliens are capable of creating this ship that flew by our planet stealthing it as a rock that's observing us with technology we can't detect no problem.

how is it a joke? they stealthed their ship and retards in this thread are claiming their ship is just a piece of rock and that it's impossible for the aliens that were able to make this ship capable of stealthing it form what sort of detection we have

>Haven't detected or pointed antennas at what they think is an asteroid
>Could be a derelict
>Also according to the following quote, it's supposedly spinning so fast it should be breaking up if it was just a rock.

>As regards how 'Oumuamua became so elongated, Dr Meech explained: "There has been speculation among various team members about this. Sometimes very elongated objects are contact binaries... but even so, the pieces would be longer than most things in the Solar System, and our analysis shows that it is rotating fast enough that they should not stay together.

>"One of our team wondered if, during a planetary system formation, if there was a large collision between bodies that had molten cores, some material could get ejected out and then freeze in an elongated shape.
>"Another team member was wondering if there could be some process during the ejection - say if there was a nearby supernova explosion that could be responsible."

>asteroid
>looks vaguely, barely remotely like something off a science fiction tv or movie
>MUH AYYLMAOS OMG GAIZ
fucking kys pronto

Why a stealth probe? Why not just a big fuckoff telescope that we couldn't detect? Why stealth a probe we couldn't catch even if we wanted to? If they wanted a good look why did they waste their time with the rock when geniuses like you have them completely figured out? Why not just hurl the probe into our system in an even straighter trajectory to do a flyby so fast we couldn't possibly catch it? Also, how did the ayylieums break physics to achieve functional space stealth?

You do, or at least I REALLY hope you do know that stealth in real life doesn't work like stealth in Star Trek.

I wish it would hit us and we'd all die at the same time.

God has passed the joint.

I'm screenshoting this in case it does turn out to be ayy's.

its a comet you dumb fuck

Watch the animation, the ayys can't even fly the thing

Sounds like their team provided a much more plausible hypothesis than "it's a stealthed alien probe which can somehow defy physics by emitting no heat". I'd take "It's a pair of rocks that were welded together during impact" over it 10 times out of 10 because that answer is by far the much more plausible one.

To all the alien faggots: visitors aren't real, you are quarantined.

The real concern is that we will be seeing more asteroids heading our way over the next decade or two. No sure thing of a hit but we are entering dicey waters.

Literally just read an article on this. I believe in synchronicity too.

>Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Guess we're screwed...

Hello world.

know the difference

asteroid =/= comet. "you dumb fuck"

Oh shit, my gf belives in synchronicity too!
What are the odds?