What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

You shouldn't jump in.

He and the other Minuses are shallow people. He was taunting Zenkichi because what Zenkichi was considering (manipulating Medaka into loving him) would have made him just as shallow as Kumagawa and his buddies. Kumagawa, being the good senpai that he is, told him all that so that Zenkichi wouldn't puss out and go the Minus route.

I doubt that's what he meant

Share with the class.

CXC sometimes just makes shit up.

they have low morals.

Nah, pretty sure that's what he meant.
Read the chapter man.

I can't into moon but here's the RAW

water is 甘位存

no sorry, 甘依存

dunno what the fuck it means

I'm sure it's some kind of depraved Nisio pun.

I fucking hated this guy. I'm sure that was the point but still.

Well, just fused "naive" with "reliance".

Pepsi or cola?

I agree with the gist that he was provoking Zen into action, though it doesn't seem like he said anything about shallowness.

Pepsi's sister

He meant 「僕は悪くない。」

>fan translators can't into Japanese once again
Why haven't you learned Japanese yet?

It's not that they can't, it's just one of Nisio's silly furigana abuse at work.

Half the time CXC was probably using Chinese scans anyway.

>we are seven million of people
>north pole
>girlfriend

So here I am watching the anime of Medaka box and its fucking SoL with Medaka trying to get dogs to like her and shit.
Suddenly I pick up pages of the manga and its legit time-space continium magic, reality warping fucking and magic out the ass.

What in the fuck happened?

It started out as a kooky school slice of life about a godlike main character doing mundane tasks in outlandish ways. No one liked it, so they swapped it over to a battle shounen with everyone having outlandish powers. Still not many people liked it. So they kicked it up another notch and just enough people liked it to keep it from being canned. I liked original Medaka Box.

Poor Maguro.

Read the manga
The anime ends at the very moment Medaka Box gets really good

They switched from SoL to shitty battle shounen around ch 22, to awesome battle shonen around ch 55.

Also don't watch the last episode of S2, it's part of the spinoff and would make no sense to animeonlyfags.

I started reading Medaka Box, kinda liked the SOL, dropped at the moment where Zenkichi (I think) befriended this guy who pretends to be "a really scary killler" but really is not, and the principal or whoever watches it in the monitor and says "Huh, I expected Medaka to befriend him for my master plan to work, damn, now there's a chance of failure".
That's where I dropped it, since I thought the scene was retarded in the worst possible way.
Does it get better?

The second the "infiltrate the facility" arc ends and a new character gets revealed (the heavily foreshadowed Kumagawa) is the second Medaka box truly gets good

When it's good it's really good, when it's shit it's really shit. The usual advice is to at least stick it out until chapter 55.

I cant just watch the anime and skip the reading? I might enjoy it better that way.

also 55 chapters is a LONG stretch before it gets good

Are you perhaps in elementary school? Reading 55 chapters with

You have complete and utter shit taste. He saved the manga..

The anime was a faithful adaptation, even though it only adapted the most boring arcs. (The two original episodes were good).

But reading would be faster.

55 chapters is like 2 hours. Way less than even watching a 12 episode anime

OK, is watching the second season gonna be more fun than reading the manga or not?
Is there anything in anime that makes it more interesting than boring manga chapters, or would the larger time spent just make the aftertaste worse?

Nigga at some point you need to decide for yourself. The anime is 1:1 as an adaptation, either you like reading better or you like watching better.

The anime leaves out one small part in S2 that helps explains a major event that goes down later, but honestly people who read the manga missed it too so you can be fine just watching the anime.

I will probably rather read something that is shit since it's quicker.
I was asking if there was any added value from the anime, say, pretty or trippy visuals like SZS from Shaft or some Gainax insanity, for example. I think it was made by Gainax, but I think it was after many people already left the studio.
And I kinda like Gainax style of anime.

no, idiot
that whole progression was nisio laughing at shounen power levels

it went like that
normal -> special -> abnormal -> minus -> not equal -> style -> fresh

holy shit this thread is full of people with no taste

Maguro and Naze are honestly the most under-utilized combo in the series.
The ability to intuitively understand everyone combined with the ability to alter anyone effectively means Maguro and Naze would have the means to create people at their best.

>implying Nisio even remembered Maguro existed by the end of the series

I wonder how Maguro feels about being denied as her older brother?

You're right, we should post more Ajimu to fix that.

>Medaka Box Minus anime never

;_;

DO EET

Gainax will get on it after PSG S2 I'm sure

Pepsico is evil just like medaka so Rias by far

I don't know, but it sounds cool.

Hand-Bra Jeans or Naked Apron?

Hand Bra > Naked Apron > Open Front Hoodie

Naked apron.

The other one was just a lie.

Zenkichi was best and deserved better than Medaka.

Naked apron. The other two have already been overdone in America.

Why not both?

>tfw Zenkichi fucked the exhibitionism right out of her

Medaka Box x Keijo crossover when?

Ajimu vs Aoba would be fucking crazy. Or Medaka vs Nozomi.

>Medakaverse characters stumble upon the crazy sport of Keijo
>Have the rules explained to them
>Kumagawa uncharacteristically drops to his knees and makes a praying motion, thanking the heavens

I wish Kumagawa would have gotten more screentime
>His best fight scene was playing a memory game using cards
How can one man be so based?

Nothing. Just as 98.7% of all dialogue in anime and manga it's meaningless drivel

Careful with that edge there, user.

Is Medaka Box the last word in Shounen as a whole? It combines everything from every genre of shounen, inverts it, and makes it a better thing. Everything from the approach to villains to power levels to character tropes feels at first like an amusing mockery of shounen, yet after further inspection is a brilliant deconstruction and subsequent recreation of the entire genre. And that's not just battle shounen, but shounen as a whole.

*teleports behind you*

Which chapter, please ?

Thanks.

*it was just an afterimage
psh, nothin personel kid

Not really. Nisio mocks some common shounen things, but there's nothing unique about that. And he ultimately plays it all straight.

It kinda goes on for too long tho
I can't really say I was very invested during the FRESH arc

To each their own I guess, the longer it went on the more I liked it.

M-masaka

Kumagawa is one character I wish had gotten his own damn series.
I know there is the possibility of overexposition to him causing his exploits to become less interesting, but I would still 100% read a manga about him job hunting or a GTO knockoff with him imparting horrible lessons that actually reflect real-world values in some distorted way.

Study moonspeak or try to get a translator back on his LNs.

Kumagawa is what made the series for me. I won't lie that I shed tears when I read the epilouge. Maybe it's because the tragic nature of a character that always loses speaks to me. I'm not saying I insert as him, because he's a way more interesting person than I am. But it's like he's the embodiment of people who always draw the short stick. And it's a reminder that in our modern world, for every person who wins, there is someone who is beaten.

>1 in 2 chance to die
This nigga

>「Hmm, I see, so I have a 1 in 2 chance to die?」
Is Kumagawa really showing how bad at math he is or was this his cocky way of saying "Oh, we are going through with this thing until one of us is a red splatter on the floor, be sure of that"?
Or maybe both?

I felt the same way. Hell, his graduation speech was equal parts hilarious, creative, interesting and motivational

>1 in 2 chance to die
I think he means that in reality, there are no such thing as set percentages and, you either die or live. There's no 5/6 chance of living, you either live completely or die completely. There are really only 2 chances, life or death. All 5 of those empty barrels are just one chance to live, while the 1 loaded barrel is one chance to die. Basically, percentages when regarding chance are just numbers we make up to make ourselves feel better, the universe doesn't give a shit if there are 5 barrels empty or 500, if you land on that one loaded barrel you're still just as dead.

He must've been a real devil in bed.

>But it's like he's the embodiment of people who always draw the short stick.
His luck, while demonstrably bad, wasn't quite what he made it out to be though. A good chunk of his "losses" were because he's a self-defeatist who wouldn't or couldn't acknowledge what any sane person would have called a victory. (ex - he claimed that Saki beaten by her emotions and refused to take credit for being the one to deliberate create those emotions in the first place).

Other times he'd set up losing as the victory condition (ex - in order to stop Ajimu from becoming an hero, he was searching for someone more powerful than himself, so he needed someone to defeat him. When he beat guys like Colors-kun, he called it a loss, but when he was beaten by Medaka his still called it a loss).

Well Satan, I think his point was that even his own self defeatism was part of his unluckiness. No matter what you do, if your own mind is such that you can't convince yourself that you could ever win, you will make yourself lose.

Saki and Uchi are actually wrong, or rather, they aren't as hardcore as Kumagawa
They thought the chance of dying was 1/6 because they thought they'd try it once and quit, and indeed, if you only shoot once, it's 1/6 of a chance of dying. Misogi probably meant that they were going to play until one of them was a red splatter on the floor.
Kinda stupid of her to challenge an immortal dude to Russian roulette, although we do know from the manga that Misogi would have risked his life even if he didn't have a failsafe

It's some chicken-and-egg stuff.

Did he lose so often he became unable to understand winning? Or was he always unable to understand winning and thus ending up losing so much? Which came first, the shit-tier luck or the self-defeatism?

>Misogi would have risked his life even if he didn't have a failsafe
Makes you wonder how the guy made it as far as middle school without dying.

>A good chunk of his "losses" were because he's a self-defeatist who wouldn't or couldn't acknowledge what any sane person would have called a victory
He actually makes this part clear when he breaks his facade in front of Ajimu: he wants a perfect, unquestionable victory against the main characters.
There are also cases like the successor arc, when the witch girl beats him by pointing out Kumagawa can't even envision himself winning in make-believe. He is fundamentally broken, at the same time he never gives up on winning and employs every method available, his standards for victory have become impossible to achieve and he himself has lost all hope of victory.
Ironically enough, it's when he half-heartedly bets for Medaka's plot armor is when he finally manages to win.

Villain Kumagawa>protagonist Kumagawa
The manga never is never as good as the minus arc in part because every other antagonist was kinda shit.

It's because the man is an absolute legend. While leading a life of failure normally makes you risk-averse, he became so fearless he even scares the people hardcore enough to challenge him to death games to begin with.

>his standards for victory have become impossible to achieve
Pretty much. The guy seems like he's straight up incapable of thinking of winning in the same way a normal person would. He sets himself impossible standards and he doesn't understand how regular people achieve victory simply by not being perfectionists.

Hero Kumagawa is funny, but Villain Kumagawa was fucking exciting. The unpredictability after what had previously been such a by-the-numbers series was fantastic.

Najimu was kinda boring as an antagonist I did like her as resident monster, though, the suitors were the epitome of pointless they all had cool gimmicks and designs, Nisio after all, but never did anything worthwhile and discount oni-kratos was straight-up boring, didn't utilize any of the strengths of the story and devolved the whole thing into shouting matches and "my power beats yours!" nonsense that Kumagawa made fun of in the previous god damn arc.

So if you lose all your powers when you become an adult does this mean Ajimu is forever a teenager? I need to know for science.

>does this mean Ajimu is forever a teenager?
Yes because dead people don't age.

So what's up with Nisio and Riro's current thing? I haven't seen an update in months.

It has to do more with mental growth than physical really. The shitty mentality of being another fucking cog is incompatible with being an abnormal or minus.

Some of them kept the powers even past puberty, the ones who lost them were the ones who grew out of them. Like Oudo realizing he never had control over people's hearts at all or Medaka turning docile and losing the need to copy superpowers
Does place Kumagawa in an interesting light: he used and abused all fiction all the time, but he didn't treasure it at all, called it a magic trick, openly said he never felt it was really his, etc. Where would he stand?

He probably killed himself not long after he left for good. Maybe he accidentally made himself "fiction".

>but he didn't treasure it at all, called it a magic trick, openly said he never felt it was really his, etc. Where would he stand?
He still had Bookmaker and Unskilled too. Assuming he's still alive I'd expect him to keep everything.

Why can't we ever get along?

It's impossible for him to lose his powers due to their nature. If he ever thought his powers were getting weaker he could just reject it as being fictional.

I want to get off from Nisio's Fresh ride

>Maybe he accidentally made himself "fiction".
The question I've always wanted answered is "Does Kumagawa believe Ajimu when she talks about being in a manga?"

He knew her views ever since his first appearance, when he talked about things like beating the protagonists, was he just saying it to get through to Ajimu, or was he being completely literal?