Net Neutrality

So Sup Forums what's your opinion on net neutrality?

It's a stupid statist concept as far as I'm concerned. Internet companies should be able to charge what they want and compete with each other.

>b-but they will charge 5 gorillion shekels for using youtube

Let them compete and a a non neutral internet will be cheaper than the highly regulated one we have now.

Other urls found in this thread:

ntca.org/2014-press-releases/fcc-ftc-commissioners-address-ntca-telecom-executive-policy-summit.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How much you get paid for sucking the and corporate dick?

GOP

Imbecile, internet providers aren't like orange sellers. You need millions just to start, and special permissions and lots of connections because of it. Cartels aren't made by oranges or aples sellers, but by those big guys that can just pay you to give up being a competition, or actively stop you by threatening to cut contracts to providers of necessary materials and services that dares to makes business with you.

Everyone is EA tier, don't believe humans you fucking fool.

Did you just make that meme shillboy?

What's it like having comcast's dick shoved up your ass?

The trouble is the internet was established with some very clear rules and protocols. The ISPs want to break with those while still serving access to and from the internet.

If Trump is for it i trust him. How bad can repeal of NN be? Its good for business and hopefully will bring us better service.

>Pay purely for speeds and have full direct access to my jewtube and cheese pizza

or

>have to pick and choose with my wallet like an autist in a Subway about what I want

i just hope they throttle youtube because that place sucks. if isps can be smart with pickingtheir winner and losers, we can have an interesting and competitive environment.

so, i'll gladly pay more for facebook or whatever if it means better internet. im nit some poor pleb xD

im thankful we can have a man like ajit pai represent us consumers finally. its time to get coporate corruption out of our govt.

>and compete with each other.
This is the critical element. Right now, competition is garbage because there are bureaucratic and legislative barriers to entry. You can't just lay down cable on the side of the street, or throw up towers on peoples lawns. You need to up a lot of shekels to the government before you're allowed to go into business.

The first option is literally 'pay more for faster speeds' you dumb nigger

thankfully we can finally have more than one choice for isps now. the govt grants these companies money to build infrastructure and its gone in an instant providing us with such quality service and speed.

we need to pay isps more to control our information to provide a better browsing experience. theyre struggling out there im glad a guy like ajit is here to rep the little guy.

The internet is degenerate anyways.
Yes I know I say this while browsing an anime weebo fetish board.

im a fan of packages like on my satellite service. it makes me feel in control and like a real man that gets tp choose for his family. hopefully ajit can make something like this a reality. hes out there everyday looking out for the consumer from these corrupt corporate shills.

but hopefully we can pay more for faster facebook. im a fan of mark and ajit.

The thing is that the internet has been running since the 70s and 80s without government regulation. NN is regulations by the FCC who ruled under Obama that the Internet is under their jurisdiction, requiring ISPs NOT to filter/throttle content.

Basically, it was supposed to force ISPs not to be censoring, even when competition would prohibit them from doing this anyway. We have never had an internet that had the previous bit of FCC regulation we call Net Neutrality fully implemented yet ISPs have been kept under control by the FCC and FTC with the pre-NN regulations in place. T

Title 2 passed because Reddit and Google convinced people that "Netflix rates would go up without it" because AT&T was threatening to charge Netflix appropriately for the amount of traffic that they use.

Title 2 actually put the internet under the control of the FCC to regulate, causing unnecessary overhead on ISP's, creating a barrier to entry for smaller resellers, and gave the FCC the ability to censor the internet.

If net neutrality gets axed, it will just go back to the way it was before which will barely affect the consumer

The issue is riddled with the most egregious disinformation by people who take no time in looking at the actual laws and regulations in question.

More government means more chance for corruption. The internet is already regulated by CDA and DMCA. It is also subject to standard Antitrust and RICO laws in the case of monopolies. If you want to tackle monopolistic practices, use the regular tools, not a backdoor to censorship (like we already see on broadcast TV with the FCC) - why would we want that? It's hard to believe there are useful idiots who fall for this shit. The internet was fine from date of invention to 2015.

I can't stand the current set of laws. All they do is allow Google to abuse tye isps and maintain their Monopoly on online advertising. I know removing net neutrality won't break apart Google, but at the very least it significantly hurts them. Also, any retard who says net neutrality is somehow anti corporation needs to understand that it may restrict isps, but in doing so it allows companies like Netflix to make shitloads of cash. Both sides of net neutrality are sucking corporate dick.

FCC is dropping a classification that was made in 2015.

This means that they're not utilities.

This means INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS are subject to FTC AGAIN.

THIS means they are not protected by law from ANTI-TRUST LAWS.

The FTC was going over it's coming re-adoption of jurisdiction over net neutrality.

The FCC could literally write a rule that I'd about fucking over every net neutrality principle while sending "FUCK YOU" letters to all the consumers, and it won't change a thing that net neutrality will be protected once title II is repealed.

The difference that will be coming is that smaller buisnesses will be able to start up a bit easier, and Google and Comcast won't get a monopoly on fiber with the slight regulation change and Anti Trust law enforcement. Also Google will probably get fucked I'm the add with a huge fine like they did in Europe for prioritization. We couldn't touch them the past couple years because of Title II.

and if you want to secure your untouchable internet contact your congressman which is part of an actual legislative body, not unelected bureaucrats trying to write laws outside of any control from the people.

You shills need to be tortured to death.

Utter human scum.

>Switched to T Mobile for cell service
>They don't count Spotify data usage against my overall data allowance
>This nice perk would be outlawed by "net neutrality"

Why does shit like this offend pro net neutrality people so much?

>I want muh ISPs to have cartel built up by regulations made by bureaucrats who are not subject to oversight of legislature.
"no"

Guys WE are Comcast and Comcast is US! They know how to please us and we are their family. I cant wait for when WE can finally be free. Ajit will male it possible and make the internet GREAT AGAIN!

I'm still wondering what is worse a lolbertarian/gadsden/ancap fag or a jew.

Because the amount of disinformation cable-users and cable-owners have spread is insane.

From a CONSUMER POINT OF VIEW getting rid of this is good. FCC has sank its teeth into Internet and it should have never done that, look at what they did to Television & Radio.

>switched to (insert jew owned telecom vompany)

>they quadrupled my data count on Sup Forums and throttled the speeds

Why does shit like this offend pro net neutrality people so much?

FTFY

WE are corporations and corporations are US! When we are free, magic happens. This is not about money, its about FREEDOM! Net neutrality is against our freedom.

>Internet is working fine
>some Mongolian basket weaving forum is crowdsourcing intelligence gathering to connect the dots on the DNC, Pedowood, WikiLeaks
>Suddenly government needs to step in and regulate the internet

Really tickles the pickle.

And you can pretty much voice your concern better without this regulation when ISPs stop being protected by a fucking regulation made by King Nigger and it allows for more competition (Google Fiber couldn't be placed in some city because of Net Neutrality regulation currently in place).

So essentially, fucking gas yourself stupid shit.

>MUH DNC
niggers and jews will always be bad news.

Im not gonna underestimate the normies on this one once theyre paying even more for netflix im sure theyll drop it

Your opinion is just wrong. The government created the Internet, and paid for the lines. Our tax dollars paid to install the Internet lines, and they were given to select Internet companies for free creating monopolies/duopolies. Despite the Internet paying for the lines, no one else is allowed to create an Internet company and use them. It costs way too much for new companies to come along and compete. Google is the only big competitor that can afford to go nationwide, and after like a decade they still are only in select cities because of cost and time installing new lines. Your opinion on net neutrality is only valid when we actually have a free market. Until competition has a way to enter, getting rid of net neutrality is just handing even more power to the select few.

We need to remove harmful regulations that harm the consumers. We are coporations. Each one of us. We will live and die for coporations freedom. We will fight net neutrality to be free and patriots.

You will mix some serious cause and effect then there, Netflix prices have risen UNDER current half-applied NN regulation.

1. Not at all why fiber wasnt down. Big isps wanted to charge google arms and legs for monopolized access you dumbshit
2. I hope this site does get throttled and (((they))) start de facto censoring any website that doesnt pay its shekels

>Let them compete and the medical costs will be lower than they are now
>And the cost of tuition will be lower
>and im a dumb fuck retard who is a new age contrarian that will literally ruin everything

Also to add: net neutrality offers protections to sites like Sup Forums. Once it's gone, be ready for access to sites like this to be shut off because "racism" and "fake news".

>Google is the only big competitor that can afford to go nationwide, and after like a decade they still are only in select cities because of cost and time installing new lines. Your opinion on net neutrality is only valid when we actually have a free market. Until competition has a way to enter, getting rid of net neutrality is just handing even more power to the select few.

lol, getting rid of Barry's NN would open ISPs to anti trust laws, do you understand how big that is? It would also open the competition for ISPs, like you said, for Google to come in to compete with the rest (currently ISPs are privileged under NN and Google has restrictions on competing)

lol and why do you think they had that power? NN protects them and makes them a cartel by regulation.

>Also to add: net neutrality offers protections to sites like Sup Forums. Once it's gone, be ready for access to sites like this to be shut off because "racism" and "fake news".
Sup Forums wasn't shutdown before and there was legitimate cheese pizza problem running rampant in Sup Forums and it won't be shutdown now either.

my nigger

Yea i agree.

Gov gave money and isps didnt follow through, but that isnt a tarnish on NN. It just keeps them in check. Theres no way for new companies to start up because of the ridiculous monopolies that have nothing to do with NN. Gov needs to break their asses up/ disallow mergers, not repeal the only thing that allows fcc some method of control

banks and corporations are US. They love and help us because they ARE us! They are family. Without them, we wouldnt have internet or FREEDOM. We muat be PATRIOTIC consumers and help our coporate friends. Stop regulations that limit our friends and freedom Be PATRIOTIC consumer.

>It just keeps them in check
Yeah, just like FCC's radio and tv censoring keeps "them in line".

Why do you people want this fucking body to regulate the Internet when the evidence of its censor is apparent in what it has done to TV and Radio?????
WHY?????
WHY?????
FTC chairman also wants to rollout broadband to rural retards and wants to cinrease ISP competition, removing NN would put the responsibility from FCC to FTC - and FTC has a mandate to not to tamper with the content unlike FCC (LOOK AT WHAT IT HAS DONE TELEVISION AND RADIO)

Fuck off Google shill

Yeah, no. They own the lines, the government isn't going to force them to let other companies use their property. Other companies can enter now, it just costs a lot because they need to install their own lines, getting rid of net neutrality won't stop that. There's a reason it was still like this before Obama. Why is it you think getting rid of it will suddenly get these companies in trouble for anti-trust and get more competition when that isn't how it went for the last 20 years before net neutrality was a thing? What evidence do you have that things will suddenly be different this time? Just the same hope and faith that you anti-regulation fags always spew?

>We went from the government sucking corporate dick to the rest of the country sucking corporate dick.

Really gets my gears turning.

Does this mean ISP's can ban proxy's now?

It seems like the entire argument in favor of net neutrality is based on the assumption that the cost incurred by websites will be passed on to the end user. Am I wrong here? It's not that it's a bad argument, it just seems like that's the crux of the entire pro-net neutrality position.

There is basically not a winning side for bystanders, either the ISPs profit more or web companies continue to profit more.

NN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FREE MARKET OR COMPETITION.

THATS LIKE SAYING THERES NO COMPETITION IN TV OR RADIO WHICH IS DUMB YOU CONSERVASHIT.

All NN does is regulate internet like public utilities. There are literal examples of isps already influencing the fcc to disallow state lefislatures to regulate and cornering websites like netflix into paying for fast lanes.

Repealing would allow isps to charge more websites to send content out to consumers for a price, effectively lowering competition to only those who have money for bribes

Google and Amazon will want to compete and they currently can't due to FCC regulation.

Just because someone didn't get them with antitrust law in 2006 doesn't mean people shouldn't have the chance to get them in 2019. They should not be beyond the reach of the people.

Literally won't matter in the end, so I don't care

fuck you shill

We're not (that) stupid

hey dumb libertardian, the internet was created by the state

Your free market faggot shit is the reason pedophilia and degeneracy are being championed by the left.

Without the free market shows like "16 and Pregnant" wouldn't exist, children wouldn't be wanting to get pregnant to get on television, and fake news organizations would be shut down and unable to promote their sick agendas.

The free market is the market of the kike, it will allow them to create monopolies and push their own kike agenda.

>NN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FREE MARKET OR COMPETITION.
It has everything to do with it because Pajit is removing their regulation under Title 2 by transferring it back to under FTC

>THATS LIKE SAYING THERES NO COMPETITION IN TV OR RADIO WHICH IS DUMB YOU CONSERVASHIT.
Check mate, there is not.

>All NN does is regulate internet like public utilities. There are literal examples of isps already influencing the fcc to disallow state lefislatures to regulate and cornering websites like netflix into paying for fast lanes.
I fucking know what it does and it creates a thick armor for a ISP monopoly.

can I get a source on the FTC chairman wanting to direct broadband to rural communities?

as a farmer who lives with ~2mbps speeds this is very interesting

I'd throw money at someone for good speeds and uncapped data but no one offers it out here

I honestly dont mind getting throttled or having to pay more. ISP is like a family to me. Id love to help them out. They make the internet fun and a great place. This is the future guys! Imagine super fast speeds and youtube extreme mode! Imagine getting Sup Forums gold plus speed straight to your mobile device. Or for those GAMERS imagine getting those wicked high scores thanks to comcast lag free mode. None of this will be possible unyil corporate isps are FREE! We must be PATRIOTIC and fight for FREEDOM. We cannot let consumer win. Thank you ajit pai.

we must champion judge roy moore and corporations for true christian values. corporations are family. they are in every one of us. We must give our lives to banks and corporations. Thank you Ajit Pai. Thank you Donald, we are thankful.

Anti-trust laws do not magically create competition, they prevent monopolies from forming. Anti-trust laws is how the DOJ is going to sue the ATT merger, whether NN is still in place or not. It has nothing to do with creating competition. Amazon and Google can enter the market now, it's just incredibly expensive. Getting rid of NN isn't going to just make that cost go down. With or without NN, they still need to lay down their own wires, and that takes a lot of time and money. The government can't allow them to use existing wires, because the government doesn't own them. Google is already in the market and expanding the cities every year, it went from 2 to 20-30. Getting rid of NN won't speed that up, it will only fuck over us consumers. You should probably stick with concerning yourself to the issues of your country and nor others.

Thank you banks. We will ensure your welfare for years to come. Thank you corporations and ISPs for providing for us. We will lay our lives down for you. We will fight for your rights. This Thanksgiving we are thankful to you. Amen.

Except ISPs have virtual monopolies in the areas they service. There's no free market going on here, it's a monopoly. Go to hell, Shareblue.

we must make isps like cable and phone. such great deals and services! Wow what a great deal. Thank you ISPs we will fight for your freedom. We will die for corporations because they are us. We are them. We must be PATRIOTIC to fight for banks and FREEDOM. We must not let the consumer destroy our country. We will have a corporate utopia where we will be free and happy from govt regulations. we must fight for our coporate freedom. we will ensure the welfare of our banks. they are providers. amen.

You literally sound like a kike shill.

Just watch how literally nothing will fucking change, you all know I'm right, nothing ever fucking changes, the shitstorms would be immense, to immense for the ISPs to handle, I guarantee nothing is going to fucking happen, BECAUSE NOTHING EVER FUCKING HAPPENS

Thank you Ajit Pai, you fight for the little guy. Verizon is a great company that is all about making the consumers happy. Coporations will rule us and they must become our govt. They are family. They are PATRIOTIC and FREEEDOM! We will ensure banks welfare for years to come. We will pray for a day when we can be ruled by corporation finally and let them creat our utopia. Thank you DONALD for fighting for our coporate future our children will enjoy. We will be rich and it will trickle. I promise.

ntca.org/2014-press-releases/fcc-ftc-commissioners-address-ntca-telecom-executive-policy-summit.html
>Maureen Ohlhausen, a commissioner for the Federal Trade Commission, also gave an overview of her agency’s top priorities.
Ohlhausen previously served at the FTC for 11 years, most recently as Director of the Office of Policy Planning from 2004 to 2008, where she led the FTC's Internet Access Task Force.
>She talked about the importance and challenges of providing telemedicine to rural patients. She also discussed the potential consumer implications of net neutrality rules.
>A more pervasive Internet has great potential to help provide hard to reach groups like
those in rural areas the elderly, or the poor with the kinds of services available to people in places like Silicon Valley.

You literally got stripped of FTC's oversight, they need to watch that nobody tampers with content (mandate) and they have far wider consumper protection framework (this isn't the case with FCC). Trying to spin lack of accountability as a good is pure gaslighting.

Join our fight for corporate utopia. They are America. Our government must obey because their wish is the wish of all of us. We must fight to remove consumer influence from govt.

You do realize the irony in this is that now currently you have government backed ISP monopoly due to their classification under Title 2 and their removal from FTC to FCC (which both will be reversed).

ISP will sit under FCC gladly, FTC oversight and regulation is worse for it and better for consumer.

Besides, what is stopping You from contacting your congressmen to push a law through that would protect your rights better than any regulation?

That doesn't explain at all how more competition will enter the market, or how it will suddenly be cheaper to enter the market.

it's 100% hypocritical for any libertarian to want net neutrality. it's a communist concept

im all for coporations running our government and control of our laws. They are with best interest of citizen in mind. Its not about money. Its about FREEDOM and PATRIOTIC! A government should not be by or for people but be run by PATRIOTIC coporations and banks.

please tell me your recruitment agency, I want to make a living from posting on Sup Forums too !

please help a fellow NEET mate !

YOU TOO PLEASE, I LL MAKE A VALUABLE ADDITION

>please tell me your recruitment agency, I want to make a living from posting on Sup Forums too !

>please help a fellow NEET mate !

We must build libertarian utopian wonderland brought to you by Taco Bell Live Mas! Libertarian is great system that has worked well where it has been enacted. Thank you Ron Paul

corporations are inside everyone of us. They are the air we breathe. We must fight for their FREEDOM and lay our lives for them. You can to if you look in your heart. We will fight for corporate utopia together. We will ensure their welfare and the welfare of our banks. We as Americans live only to serve them. You can too friend. Join us in our PATRIOTIC fight.

corporations are just groups of people

yes. they are oir families. they represent us and have our best interests in mind. thank you friend. thank you Comcast.

you're welcome

>shills
I'm shilling for decreased regulation on erecting telecom infrastructure, so as to increase actual competition in the market. If you think this is a bad thing, you should probably kill yourself before you have a chance to breed.

>American internet is one of the highest cost and lowest speeds in the world
>ISP are the top voted "worst companies" in America
>Reason being the ISP lobby the fuck out of regulations, so they have a oligopoly/monopoly of the market

Reminder: For you retards out there oligopoly and monopoly is the exact opposite of "free market"

>So the ISP market is shit because of a lack of regulations.

>American logic:
>We should deregulate more !
>So that there could be even more monopoly and oligopoly!

Net neutrality is like the American first amendment.
You're anti- net neutrality, is basically the same as being anti- freedom of speech

Also "fuck small business".
You're pro: monopoly / oligopoly, and anti-free market

Net neutrality = internet free market.
People who don't understand this basic concept are ignorant.
And I suggest that you look it up
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality

End net neutrality, I want to see Twitter and Google get raped by ISPs for all the censorship horseshit they've caused

>We should deregulate more !
Yes. Deregulation across the board, not just where it suits corporations. The Jew fears the free market, and so he forms lobby groups to maintain his position by pushing for "common sense" regulation.

It's a question of who is the bigger Jew.

the State
vs
colluding multinational corporations

I see points for both sides, but I trust corporations even less than the government.

So we should deregulate freedom of speech?
We should throw away the American Constitution right?
We should take away each and single Amendment because they're ALL anti-freedom. Anti - free market. Right?
Even the laws that advocate for Free Market, we should take these away too.
Because state regulations are bad, whatever they are.

>Anarchy is the only real free-market.
This is what you think, right?

That's the how bad you sound. Idiot.

I'll try to appeal to your view and explain simply:
The internet is a market.
It's its own market, web companies can be created.
Net Neutrality ensures that the Web Market remains a Free-Market, capitalist style.
It prohibits that some web companies are treated preferentially. It ensures that EVERY business/info is treated equally.

The ISPs are the governments, they are trying to tax the Web-Companies based on political content they disagree with.

Do you understand this way of presenting it?

"Freedom" of ISP to charge differently different services
IS THE SAME THAN
"Freedom" of Governments to charge/censor different services/info

You're killing the Free Web Market.
You're anti Free Market.

You just take it the other way around, because you don't see the bigger picture.
It's a dictatorship.
It's literally the ISP creating a Dictatorship over Internet Companies
Same as a real world dictatorship.

TL;DR : Pro Free Market Capitalists should logically Pro Net Neutrality, because the web is a traditional economical Market.

The only reason "Pro Free Market" advocates are anti net neutrality is because the ISP shills and lobbyist are trying to hide behind these words "FREE MARKET" but it's a lie. It's the opposite.

It's so easy to see that the ISP Jews want more shekels by imposing a Anti Free Web Market system.

Wake the fuck up, idiots.

Maybe if these packages goes through you can pay Google for more than 1 thousand results lul.