Tenchi Muyo OVA 4

In two days, we will get to see best girl make a return.

Anyone else kinda looking forward to this? Everyones soured by OVA 3, but I still hold a little hope even if it is kinda dim.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AyBFAeVA7Ok
youtube.com/watch?v=mF4V-Dyi26Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>more Ryuko circlejerking while the superior girl is ignored
oh great

Pic related?

Once they went full harem I lost interest. After they decided to double the size of the original harem, I felt bad for having once liked it.

I ran across some info on the shorts recently and they're just adding in random school girls now? Dude. Whatever made the show worth checking out once upon a time has mutated into a pathetic mess.

bump

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Since the 90s. there's only been one addition to the harem, and that's Noike.

I've been watching Ai Tenchi Muyo! on youtube because I can't find it anywhere else and kind of rightfully so.
The kind of recap episode every 4 episodes is really annoying.

>watching Ai Tenchi Muyo!
Why?

I hope we'll be able to see Sasami start school before the season ends.

Are we getting subs? I haven't been paying much attention because of the long release schedule.

The wait is killing me damn it!

I am nervous, but excited. Post your favorite best girl pic for good luck.

Release is on my birthday. I am hype.

You might be thinking of all the GXP or Isekai stuff, that shit gets a little ridiculous.

Best MILF.

I'm sure after the first episode goes gold it won't take long for people to sub the fuck out of it.

I'm halfway through episode 3 of GxP and I already want to rip my eyeballs off.

Do you think I need to put up with this crap to get what happens in War on Germinar and the upcoming OVA?

Don't now how much longer I'll be able to stand these cheap cliched jokes and nonsensical plot.

Was GXP well liked? Personally, I didn't like it. I thought it felt a bit too random and everyone instantly falling for the main, who I couldn't stand, was a bit weird.

Yes, even by tenchi standards I thought everyone falling in love/knowing the main character/worshiped him was a bit much.

>I'm halfway through episode 3 of GxP and I already want to rip my eyeballs off

I watched this fucking show just to forget what it was all about or what was happening; pacing was all over the place. Only thing that I can recall is the episode where they meet up with Tenchi's crew for dinner, first time the show made me feel right at home. Overall just drop the shit and don't worry about it.

>Do you think I need to put up with this crap to get what happens in War on Germinar and the upcoming OVA?

Nope. A lot of what leads to Geminar is already covered within the hundred of doujins Kajishima has accumulated over the years. This new OVA might actually animate some of that material, driving towards what happens prior to Isekai starting.

>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AyBFAeVA7Ok

>Second trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=mF4V-Dyi26Y

I feel so weird because even though the desings are pretty good and the girls look attractive, the old, simplistic character designs really grew on me and I'd have preferred they kept it that way.

I actually started rewatching the OVA to get hyped for it and I came to a startling conclusion Only the first one was any good. Like at all.

The first OVA was a nice exciting story where Tenchi grew into his own and was able to stop the evil Kagato and save the girls.

OVA2 is so much nothing happening. I can deal with the occasional slice of life or breather episode but there's only what amounts to maybe TWO good episodes worth of material where anything fucking happens.

Washu and the Baby was a nice moment that fleshed her out and the Tsunami/Sasami stuff coming to light and her confiding in Ayeka was nice. UNFORTUNATELY both of those episodes where mostly filler crap where the bulk of the characters act like idiots so together the good bits amount to ONE good episode.

The episode where Jurai comes to visit was pretty good though. It was nice to get some insight into Yosho's family life and see the princesses parents and the Tenchi vs Seriyo stuff was funny. But aside from that it's mostly just fluff and Tokimi setting up shit for OVA 3. Which was also more of nothing happening.

It's kind of a real eye opener I remember OVA2 being okay back when I first saw it but it damn near put me to sleep. And we all remember how badly OVA3.

Newcunt to Tenchi Muyo. Where should I begin and where should I end? I've seen random episodes in the past and thought it was good.

Okay serious question, does anybody actually like Noike? She's just so boring and we really didn't need another Tenchi fiancée at this point. Im not gonna demand they bring Kiyone over but at least let the main girls we already have start doing shit again.

The old designs stuck with me as well. I loved how Ryoko had this feline look to her.

OVA 1/Universe is pretty much what you want. I dunno why Kajishima is contempt with the cast doing fuck nothing while he introduces plethora of characters that contribute to the fuck nothing even more. The whole Tokimi bit was lackluster too.

Here's a reference guide for ya.

A kind Sup Forumsnon posted this some months ago when I was in your same situation, I'm just passing the torch here. Hoping you'll carry on the spirit of chivalry and respectful behaviour when talking about the best Harem series to ever be created.
I'd recommend you stick to the Kajishima cannon and avoid everything else.
Also, GxP is utter shit and since it's kind of a stand alone you won't be missing much. You can completely skip it if you want to.

Thank you both.

I am now reminded of the reveal that Tenchi's mother was kind of a bitch.

What even was the point of that.

Has anyone else read the manga? I honestly enjoy it a great deal. Okuda really did some fun things with the characters and world and it struck a better balance of SOL and space adventures.

Achika was so much better

Oh, fuck yes dude. Kept in tune with what made Tenchi so fun to watch but now it's all in a manga. Lost a little steam there near the end however the rest was a great ride.

RIP Okuda, I don't think he does anything anymore.

Watch El-Hazard if you guys can.

>Watch El-Hazard if you guys can.

It is my absolute favorite

What is El-Hazard about anyways? I may check it out.

Also, do I watch the OVA, or the TV series first?

Mah nigga, mah motha fukkin nigga.

Some of the guys after doing OVA 1 split off and decided to make this show. It's essentially part of that Isekai genre with the cast of characters being sent to some parallel world. Fun as a fuck to watch, the villain is hilarious, the teacher character is bro as fuck and everything feels like it has plot and progression to it.

I'd rather not explain the entirety of the show, best keep everything as a surprise. If you like Tenchi, then you'll like this.

Three highschoolers and their teacher travel to the mystical land of el hazard.

Upon arriving the protagonist Makoto finds he is a dead ringer for the kidnapped princess so he must temporarily assume her place as he seeks out the three elemental priestesses. Joining him are his alcoholic teacher, his classmate nanami and the aforementioned princess's crazy lesbian lover.

Meanwhile rival classmate and glorious asshole Jinnai finds himself far from the others and becomes general of an insect army and the two sides race to gain control of the demon god ifurita.

it's legit good.

Alright, cool, I will check it out then. Thank you

Okay quick break down of El Hazard cannon.

Magnificent World OVA->Mag world OVA 2-> Alternative world

The TV series is an adaptation much like Universe is to tenchi.

Id start with the OVA and go from there though. The first series is the high point and tells a complete story. The TV series is alright, but it's a lot more kid friendly.

Hopefully they go into detail about Mihoshi's incident

Ill take fucking ANYTHING at this point just so long as something interesting happens. It's been over 10 years since the last ova. And I gotta be honest, I know it's not a lot to go off of but those PVs don't fill me with optimism.

I swear if this ends with another member added to the harem.

Mihoshi is the only one who doesn't really get a lot background expanded upon. Everyone else got flashbacks an established history of shit, but not Mihoshi. We do know she was some bad-ass Judge Dredd tier kind of cop prior to her supposed accident.

At this point Tenchi beyond even the three goddesses so not much will happen in a similar vein to Kagato. More than likely it'll be a lot political shit regarding his position.

I just can't take another series of them faffing around the masaki house. I think it will literally break me.

>I swear if this ends with another member added to the harem.
Not happening. We've seen the future, and besides Ryo-Ohki growing up and assuming her place, it stops at Noike.

Hell, a lot of the girls being introduced in OVA 4 are part of Seina's harem in the novels.

Y'know Noike wouldn't be so bad in my book if it weren't for the reason she is there at the house to begin with.

It's like essentially trying to subtly control the household to fit with whatever Seto has planned; don't like the idea of it. Kajishima also tries to throw out Noike as if she's the token poster-girl suddenly.

One last bump before bed.

Shayla-Shayla bump.

GXP was directed by Nabeshin, the fag who did Excel Saga. If you notice, both series go batshit insane about halfway through and piss all over the source material. He seems like someone who gets bored easily. Shouldn't be trusted with other peoples works.

It would have been fine if it was just her and she only got the focus for one episode, but they kept shuffling in new cast members each episode and none of the characters anyone cared about got to do anything or develop further.