Contrarian thread

ITT: Post your contrarian opinions.

I'll start:
VN adaptations don't work and LN adaptation suck.
Forced melodrama romance shows (anohana, Ef: a tale of memories) are the worst.
Baccano does not need a sequel.
Old berserk tv show was amazing.
Code geass is an unoriginal trainwreck.
DTB season 2 was not that bad.
Durarara was long and boring.
Elfen lied, narutaru, higurashi, ima soko no iru boku were all edgy trash.
Rebuild of Evangelion sucks, and it's a waste of Annos talents.
Fate/zero is the only good work by nasu and butch.
Tsukihime anime was just as bad as the route it was based on.
Kara no kyoukai was pretentious trash.
Fate/stay night does not work as an anime, no matter how pretty it looks.
Madoka and psycho pass were both badly written.
New anime is not even trying to be good.
Sports anime sucks.
Miyazaki is overrated and quite boring.
Yugioh season 0 was great.
Re zero was bad.
Phantom: requiem was unwatchable.
Gate had the worst directing ever.
The first half of Sao also sucked.
Everyone had sex with everyone in Utena.
Dubs > subs, always.
K-on (and sol in general) is a waste of time.
The finale of katanagatari was both terrible and clever.
Parasyte anime was great.
UC > any other gundam series.
Manly anime is pretty great.
Steins gate is not that good.
I don't agree with the messages of NHK and the main girl is a negative character.
Oreimo was bad and really hard to watch.
Samurai champloo was not that great.
Haruhi is not that good, without nostalgia goggles.
NGE episodes 24&26 > end of Eva
Rei Ayanami is the best girl.
Jojo parts 1&2 are better than 3&4.

I enjoy anime.

>Dubs > subs, always
Makes most of those opinions pointless, since you never watched the shows in the first place.

Like half of those aren't even contrarian

Cowboy Bebop and Lain are atrociously boring and I had to force myself to stay awake for the first two or three episodes before dropping it. Fuck the Cowboy Bebop OST in particular.

>Dubs > subs, always.
Too far.

This is a quality thread

Jibun Wo was the worst R1 OP

>Dubs > subs, always.
only thing i agree with

>Dubs > subs, always.
good bait you managed to get me to reply

Sup Forums is good

World Conquest Zvezda Plot was a great anime.

>look at my shit taste

Code Geass is not a masterpiece.

most new light novel adaptations are basically the same show and its all A1's fault

>objectively worse directed and acted voices are better than the source material

There's having an opinion and just being plain wrong.

>Jojo parts 1&2 are better than 3&4.
this is 100% legit

Mayoiga wasn't a trainwreck, it was just plain awful. The threads were also shit from day one and I laugh at anyone who says they only stuck with that garbage "for the threads" as if they were trying to experience VVV or CG again.

There were some honestly good shows in spring that didn't get much attention because everyone was circlejerking to this turd.

> Old berserk tv show was amazing.
>Elfen lied, narutaru, higurashi, ima soko no iru boku were all edgy trash.
> Yugioh season 0 was great.

> contrarian

>Dubs>Subs
mein nigre

Kenshin Tsuiokuhen sucks fucking balls and if you've read the adequate chapters of the manga it's even worse.

AIR was good

Anime is shit
you all suck dicks

Like most of those are actually true and not contrarian.
Try bating harder.

fucking this. it was a downright terrible anime

fullmetal is mediocre at his best
evangelion is boring as fuck
death note is just a "power up in hard moments" show
boku no hero is just naruto with superheroes
One piece is shit; a endless childish. drama forced, repetitive, bad drawing shit
Dragon ball after freezer saga is filler

It is honestly the worst fucking anime series ever created.

Genei wo kakeru taiyou was a good anime

Cross Ange was good and I unironically enjoy it

Even with its flaws, I can sincerely recommend SAO's first arc to anime newbies, since it has a true ending that doesn't need to be expanded upon.

Jojofags are cancer, even though I like the series a lot for its suspense and creativity. But the whole series is so flawed and it bothers me how people can shit on other animes by having similar flaws but Jojo is so well respected even though it reads like a 10 year old kid writing it, in both good and bad ways. I hate how jojofags think they're the shonen elite.

KLK had everything I ever wanted in an anime and I couldn't enjoy it because of its popularity. First time that happens to me and it caused me a 6 month worth of depression. The only enjoyment I get from it now is when people don't like it, then I suddenly feel happy about it. It's too passionate and pure for any of these pigs.

The Evangelion manga is narratively stronger than the anime. Though I like both because the anime is a work of pure sincerity and soul pouring, I think it's the weaker version for those looking for a better narrative.

I dislike yuribait not because it's yuri, but because it's crystal clear it's pandering for fapping purposes. I like to separate my faps for my stories, but I do not oppose fanservice, just the focus on it

Texhnolyze isn't depressing because there's no possible upside entertained at any point.

It is just boring, a mechanical series for nihilists.

>Dubs better than subs
That's not contrarian that's objectively wrong

Absolutely.
Even with the dull middle of Part 1, it builds more characterization between the protagonist and antagonist than any other part. Part 2 doesn't have any filler and everything is always moving foward in creative ways. Part 3 and 4 are just filler with cool fights, but filler nonetheless.

Anime ruins lives.

It did to me.

Anime saved my life in high school, user

Anime doesn't ruin lives, it just eases the pain when your life is already in a poor state.

>dubs>subs
Now you have done it

Robotics;Notes is great

Tamako Market should have had the yuri ending

I don't care if the japanese guys voiced it first or if the director picked them. I am not going to pretend that I like or even care about japanese voice acting. Dialouge that I can understand > random, well acted gibberish. It's just a waste of the audio track. I want to watch the show and listen to it. Reading the subs takes away from watching and the Japanese language dialouge makes half of the audio useless. So any time I see a choice between a sub and a dub, I pick the dub without hesitation.

I prefer official manga translations in almost %99 of cases.

Code Geass wasn't entertaining and the show has a bad fanbase

enjoy your old women voices pretending to be high schoolers

I am angry.

ANGRY ABOUT YURI.

3.33 was fine.

Are you implying undubbed anime doesn't have that? Plus to go even further old women voice little mascots, grown men, and even little boys in undubbed anime

That's not really contrarian though. Even the worst of TokyoPop can't compare with the worst of official releases.

In a couple of forums I get a shitstorm every time I say that.

>worst of official releases
worst of fan translations.

I fucked up.

A hentai series has room and possible precedence to feature actually compelling story and interesting characters

When the show has a main male character and it's not a harem and one of the girl's fall in love with him it's actually often pretty boring and just makes the show worse off in the end, even if the girl is best girl

It's the truth, you don't seems to be a contrarian

That's what you get for venturing outside of Sup Forums. Remember: "you're here forever" isn't a joke, it's because as shit as Sup Forums is, the rest are worse.

>unironically pretenious f/a/g

>>Dubs > subs, always

the job of actors and writers/translators should be to allow non-japanese speakers to understand what is being said, not to change it to "something the audience will (already) understand". That's just playing to the lowest common denominator, and the problem with dubs isn't the concept of dubs or even the voices themselves it's this shit. Subs are more accurate and therefore better, only exceptions are where the series was made with a western audience in mind to begin with.

>Are you implying undubbed anime doesn't have that?
Yes, usually seiyuus are around 18 to 25 when they voice high school characters

ITT: faggots that think their superior subs are perfect translations

Suzumiya Haruhi no YĆ«utsu is garbage.
There's literally nothing good with this show.
Only the film is good.

at least there are more than 5 anime seiyuu working at the time

Trainwrecks, even the worst ones like Aldnoah Zero, Sword Art Online, and Mayoiga are inherently better than straight-faced mediocrity

Dubs are only better than subs when it comes to normalfag appeal shows; OPM and AoT being the odd exception

Waifuism devalues the character and leads to shitty waifubait characters who only appeal to faggots with shit taste

I don't normally say this, but if someone were to break into your house and kill you right now, literally nothing of value would be lost. your taste is utter bullshit and you should honestly feel ashamed about yourself. goodbye.

I don't think generals are detrimental to board quality, as long as the content is still anime and manga related. The users are responsible for their low quality posts, not the topics they post about or threads they post in.

I'm a happy guy.

But Elevens have old women that can do young girl voice properly, dubs sound retarded.

Good one

The only english dub that is better than the original japanese is vampire hunter d and baccano

>Dubs > Subs
Oh America!

I like normalfag anime

Konosuba is overrated and it made me genuinely laugh only a few times

Never got into seiyuufus so I wouldn't know, but at least they sound as little girls, not like old and busted hambeasts..

>Dubs > Subs
In some cases it is true though
Not for america at all with their awful dbz dub, but mexico

As a Japanese fag, the dispute over making a strict distiinction between anime and cartoons is irrelevant and stupid.

I often wonder how clear-cut the divide is between anons who watch anime in the broader context of Japanese 2D media and anons who watch anime purely because they like cartoons.
I adore animation and cartooning, but I also see things like voice-work and the peculiarities of the Japanese language as part of the experience, to say nothing of how involved some seiyuu get with their roles and the production in general. To my mind, a show like KonoSuba would be absolutely ruined with a dub.

Anime used to be like that in the old times. For now it's the exception instead of the norms though.

>the dispute over making a strict distiinction between anime and cartoons is irrelevant and stupid.
the type of content and audience is completely different, anime is just a shorthand to separate them in a way that is easy to undersand

My List:

Clannad and similar melodrama shows like Anohana suck.
Re:zero is a near masterpiece.
Fate/Zero is boring
Moe-shows are cancer.
Every part of SAO is shit.
Erased is not as bad as people make it out to be.
Guren lagann is painful to watch

>That re:zero one

Sounds like bait

Stella is a breath of fresh air in this toxic era of hyper tsunderes who are growing more and more immoral and incredulous, yet win anyway.
Sup Forums's dislike of her has nothing to do with her or Asterik, it's because she's closer to a normal human being than any of their tsunderes they've mentally destroyed themselves into believing are good.
World's End Harem MC is a complete bitch and his moral values don't fucking matter in an apocalyptic setting, no amount of loyality is worth the end of humanity and who cares if it's a conspiracy the evil women government has proven themselves so inept that it's like being afraid of Wile E Coyote
Bleach is better than Naruto simply because Sasuke is the 2nd worst character ever put to paper.
Doms like Esdese (who steals Sasuke's first place title), Rachnee and Iris Heart are complete and utter shit, and you only like them because you've set your standards so low that you'd even take actual abuse just for attention from a girl.
Honoka and Eli are best Love Lives
Nico is worst Love Live
Toriko was actually good
And Usagi is second best Senshi after Makoto.

Madoka Magica is pure garbage

>Elfen lied, narutaru, higurashi, ima soko no iru boku were all edgy trash.
>Rebuild of Evangelion sucks, and it's a waste of Annos talents.
>Gate had the worst directing ever.
That's pretty standard Sup Forums core isn't it?

That's not contrarian though.
That's just what people who don't buy into the 'IT HAD BLOOD AND DEATH, IT'S SO MUCH DEEPER' bullshit know as fact.

No, its not bait. I like Re:Zero, apart from the animation in the later episodes

I have watched dubs, with the original subs on, and the differences are barely noticeable. Minor cosmetic differences, to make it flow better in English.

>GITS is overrated
>SAO was good for the first 14 episodes
>There's nothing wrong with streaming
>Haibane Renmei is ABe's best work
>the second OP of Code Geass is okay
>judging a show or character based on how hard your dick got is pathetic

You only hate dubs because you understand them. You couldn't even imagine the perfect English voice acting for something like K-ON because hearing what they say in your native tongue would make the cloying cutesiness all too obvious. Reading subtitles to the sound of foreign gibberish that only conveys the basic tone allows you to distance yourself from the unnatural dialogue. Or, as Harrison Ford once said, "George, you can type this shit, but you can't say it!"

To be fair anime often looks very different, feels very different and differs as a form of entertainment compared to cartoons that are produced elsewhere so a distiction is more often than not justified.
It's like with manga. It's comics alright, but the way manga usually utilises the medium of comics is very different of european or american comic book tradition.

Anime needs more strong female characters

>literally nothing of value would be lost
Actually, one movie would be left unfinished, and some books would not be released.

>>There's nothing wrong with streaming
Being contrarian doesn't mean being wrong

yes I said nothing of value would be lost. no one except for aspies want to read your shitty books I am sorry

>>>/theverge/

Alright, so here we go

Japanese Light hearted anime(Moe)

it already does

>k-on is loli
what the literal fuck am I reading

>perfect English voice acting
>in tv-anime
Good one m8.
The only actually proficient dubs are found on really high profile stuff like Ghibli films because they can get the actual actors involved and not just the same band of anime and video game VAs that are found on everything.

I despise cartoons, but I watch anime, because I find the story and characters to be really interesting.