Casshern

Thoughts on this?

Personally I think it's the most underrated anime of the 00's. not sure how popular it was in Japan when it came out, and I know it was on Toonami when they first came back a few years ago, but it seems like no one talks about it despite it being legitimately great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9xu1VxQSKww?list=UUG2WRqai9O8U-nriZUL3IbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KP6d_N1wQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=vEuDFhD2lNo
youtube.com/watch?v=t524G7XZEFs
youtube.com/watch?v=DX6r7YXWLic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

edgy 2deep4u shit

It's not even edgy for the sake of being edgy though. It has a purpose.

NEE IMA DOUSHITE

Even so, I can't help but feel the story and design is patently uncool. I don't want to watch sad, dark shit if it's not cool.

>most underrated anime of the 00's
Code Geass

It's very cool. Gorgeous to look at. Especially for 2008. That was really a transitioning period for anime. Really detailed and oozes coolness. Badass action. It wasnt even that depressing. I remember it ending on a somewhat hopeful note.

CASSHERN WO KOROSE

Code geass was boring and not even underrated. It's pretty fucking mainstream.

I love this show, even if a little slow at times the art style and story are well done, i need to re watch this someday.

Luna ver. 93

>no one talks about it

It aired forever ago m8.

>tfw it was a megaman ripoff etcetc

NEE IMA DOUSHITE BOKURA UMARETTA NO

Casshern Sins is one of my favourites. It's one of those shows you have to sit down and watch on a cold night and just absorb the atmosphere of the slow journey.

How is it a megaman rip off when casshern has been around since the 70's?

Luna did nothing wrong.

I'm glad it was so short. The premise wouldn't have worked otherwise.

I wasn't on Sup Forums when this happened. Watched it later and teared up like a bitch. How was the thread after the episode aired?

I'd recommend anyone watching it regardless of whether it's subbed or dubbed. I think the sub version is better overall but The guy who played trunks in DBZ plays casshern which automatically makes it great.

It is definitely something to watch on a cold winters night.

That show is the BvS of anime.

Except casshern is actually good and makes sense.. Also no Martha.

DEVOUR
E
V
O
U
R

Dropped it after Casshern beat up that another Casshern that showed up and was saved by a girl Casshern.

I was bored out of my mind to continue with it.

youtu.be/9xu1VxQSKww?list=UUG2WRqai9O8U-nriZUL3IbQ

Go watch more naruto, faggot.

Look at this faggot.

I need to re-watch this since I don't remember anything about the plot at all

Just got the complete series S.A.V.E edition blu ray on rightstuf's website for $13. They had a Black Friday sale a week ago. Usually it would of been over $30. Was afraid that I was gonna be stuck with that ugly green SAVE label on the cover but luckily the cover is interchangeable with a regular cover.

$13 plus shipping for a 24 episode high quality anime with special features and a interchangeable cover. That's pretty dope. The only thing that would of made it better would be a slipcover.. I am now done shilling.

OP best

It's Dark Souls with robots, Casshern is an amnesiac Dark Lord and Braiking Boss is Gwyn.

But what about Luna?

I disagree, I think it looks empty, heartless and deeply uncool.

U mean Planescape?

Don't say there is robots cause it would mislead people thinking it's some boring mech shit which it isn't.

Good concept marred by shit pacing and loads of redundant exposition. It was especially bad early on when characters were repeating minutes-long stretches of backstory that had already been established earlier in the same episode. I'm also probably going to piss people off by saying this but I didn't like the character designs (particularly the way faces were drawn) to the point where it distracted from my enjoyment of the series. Still I enjoyed the odd episode enough to watch until the end; the episode with the belltower stands out in particular.

It is empty dumbfuck. All humans are dead. Watch the show before judging it.

Is Casshern the most "hopeless" anime?
youtube.com/watch?v=KP6d_N1wQu4

I wouldn't call it "underrated" nor "legitimately great". I think "okay" is the word you're looking for.

It is underrated because it's great yet no one seems to talk about how great it is, and no "okay" is a bad word to use. It may be "okay" to you, but that's not a good word to describe the show. Deserves better than that. Okay belongs to shit like kill la kill or your lie in April, and even then I'm being generous with that rating.

Watched the remake like four years ago. It was OK. Definitely not the best thing I've seen, but it had a great vibe and interesting character designs and art style. In terms of story, I couldn't really get into it, especially the part when he almost ends up with the girl but then everything gets fucked up and it ends with nothing.

I'd recommend people watch it just for the art style alone. Desolate landscapes and beautiful, perfect, glassy eyes go very well together.

ORE WA...

...CASSHERN

Fuck. What's the deal with these posts. I really don't remember it being that sad.

It's bittersweet

After killing Luna, he seals the fate of everyone, meaning that Lyuze and Ohji rust away into nothing at the end, and Casshern is left caring for the young Ringo.

However, we see Ringo at the end as an adult in a world that has obviously recovered a lot of its natural life, with Ringo/Casshern philosophizing on the nature of death, and how it's an important part of living.

Friender best bro.

i remember the series having some insane action sequences. Like casshern would tear through robots like fucking paper. was awesome.

It's a masterpiece tbqh.

>muh buzzwords

>It's a masterpiece tbqh.
agreed. The only other anime taht came out in that era that I consider to be really really high tier is maybe Michiko & Hatchen. I can't really think of many off the top of my head that I felt were breathtaking.

Michiko was boring as fuck to me

But he didn't kill Luna

He didn't?

Maybe I'm getting the flashbacks confused with the ending. Everything else I wrote still stands, his actions decided that outcome.

it's okay. we all have shit taste now and then. you dont like M&H, and I didnt like evangelion. we're both not perfect.

He didn't kill her. In fact, he left her alive so that she could continue to grant immortality to the rusting robots. However he warns her that if she forgets about the value of death, he will come back to kill her for good. It was one of the best scenes in the series honestly.

He didn't kill her in the ending

Ah fuck dude, I need to go rewatch it.

what are the odds of getting more casshern? maybe not like this series, but i think it has potential to be a great shounen type superhero series. I didnt much care for the 4 OVA's but I think it could be great done right.

It was great. For whatever reason, the shitty live action movie sticks out in my memory more then the anime does for some reason. Must of been the drugs.

I never understood why people waste their time watching live action versions of anime. they have never ever been good and most likely never will.

it was nice but repetitive and boring

I remember dropping it

How does it ends, anyway?
I remember its 1973's story was pretty depressing & full of suffering.

>Casshew Feels

>no one talks about it despite it being legitimately great
Might have something to do with it being eight years old now.

8 years isnt even taht old. we still talk about shit like bebop, neon genesis, and other shit as if they came out yestderday even though they are 15 years old or longer.

Good until Breaking Boss bullshit. After episode 12 is downhill.

You have odd taste. the 2nd half was still pretty damn good.

youtube.com/watch?v=vEuDFhD2lNo
It's a comfy kind of melancholy

I kind of wish someone with a deeper voice singing this song. cant get over the fact he sounds like a teenager. makes it a little too pop-ish sounding.

This thread sure is full of empty fellating. Which just proves that this show really hasn't done anything noteworthy in terms of story, characters and themes. Not only is it dull it's also technically unimpressive so it's not a surprise why it rarely gets mentioned and underrated definitely isn't the reason for it.

nice bait senpai

not liking casshern

i just assume people who dont like casshern are most likely casuals who mostly watch romantic comedies and typical casual shit that arent really all that good.

Try texhnolyze.

I remenber watching it and thinking that was the most beautiful backgrounds I had ever see in a TV serie.

The slow pace and music are almost hypnotic at several points.

CONSUME CASHEW

It was boring as fuck, dropped it around episode 10.

i also thought the same thing. as of now, I still think Lupin III still has the best backgrounds, but casshern is easily top 5 in terms of shows and not movies.

that's because you have awful taste.

Masterpiece.
The director is a genius.
The OST was great.
youtube.com/watch?v=t524G7XZEFs
Of course there are shitters like this guy who have never opened a book in their life that can't understand it.
Look, another attention disorder underage.
Yeah, it made me think that a Dark Souls adaptation is possible.
>technically uninpressive
Nigga wut. Art and animation are top tier.

im not sure who came first the dog or the kid(probably the dog)
but it looked like casshern was about to go insane from the loneliness and the hatred.
several times I actually teared up

but the kid was the last human or half-hybrid? does that mean the ending implied more like her were gonna be born/made to produce life again? been so long.

l liked it. The OP and "A Path" were fucking amazing, l don't remember much about the soundtrack or the show in general because l watched it forever ago, but l know l enjoyed it.

youtube.com/watch?v=DX6r7YXWLic

Great anime.

Certainly a masterpiece. Very few anime have the same overall artistic quality as this gem. We will probably never know if the director should receive all the credit or if it was one of those miraculous moments where all the team shared the same passion and artistic vision, but one thing is certain -- it's not an overstatement to say that Casshern Sins is one of the greatest anime ever made. Episode 23 in particular is the highlight of the series: the culmination of this beautiful tale, in a masterful blend of clever and imaginative directing, coupled with the captivating visuals and music, and the exquisite script of high literary value.

>it was on Toonami when they first came back a few years ago
No, it wasn't. Casshern Sins was.

>Shigeyasu Yamauchi
Dude has talent, passion, and knows how to pick a team.
Believe it.

The loli ruined it for me.

That movie was visually stunning.

Ah, for fuck's sake.

This show is what Texhnolize would have been if people without talent or vision made. It's double the length the story warrants while amounting to virtually nothing character-wise and thematically. The shallow prase ITT reflects all of that perfectly.

>ABe hipsters
Can't you suck your apple-fanboy's dick without belittling someone else's work?

The problem with the show is essentially nothing happens and every episode is the same thing. The root of this problem is that Sins is an unneeded sequel. Everything was covered and better explored in the original Casshaan, this felt like it should have just been a music video. It's the definition of all style no substance, flash in the pan cool animation wasted on essentially no premise.

Don't people like you ever realize that maybe they're the ones not capable of seeing the substance?

ABe only did character designs for texhonlze. Feel free to articulate an actual argument for the series supposed greatness. It would be the first one ITT.

>cool animation wasted
Every fight scene was jump in the air and kick the badguys away.

Burden of proof is on you buddy.

There is next to no substance in Casshaan Sins, it was the equivalent of a gritty reboot done as a sequel to the original show. It's literally a grimdark epilogue that goes over the finale of the original repeatedly, there is no substance. It's fine to like the show but don't pretend there's anything substantial, especially not when the original exists.

The choreography may be mediocre but the quality of animation was top notch you have to admit.

I wasn't talking just about Texhnolize or your post.
>grimdark
Are you fucking for real?

Choreography/directing is a huge part of what makes an action cut impressive. Sins was band as all hell in both of those areas.

Wrong. The direction was great. Frame composition was always perfect.

Nah, the directing is completely unremarkable.

I don't have webms but I do have lots of screenshots that can prove you partially wrong.

>Are you fucking for real?
Yeah I am, it was done as a gritty sequel that was filled with a lot of dark visuals/lighting and a big ol bucket of angst. I consider that grimdark similar to all the gritty series of the past.

I'm still mad we got Gatchaman Crowds after this absolute piece of art.

Fuck waifufags.