Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-0Z8fQMXtpM
pastebin.com/3srCpNgB
youtube.com/watch?v=EE7kTvi5LyA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's a 1 or a 2.

Absolutely right, Re:zero is exactly a middle of road in terms of everything
But isn't mediocre and it was kinda enjoyable to watch, until 19th episode

i would agree if Subaru wasn't a 10/10 hateable charakter.
I don't even know if this actually improved the show or not, i just really hate him

But everywhere else on the internet agrees Re:Zero is a masterpiece AOTY.
What's it like having the minority opinion that will get shrouded over :)?

It feels right

I don't understand this. Subaru is the only interesting part of Re:Zero. It would be a completely unoriginal boring isekai Anime if it weren't for Subaru's mental breakdowns making it slightly above average.

I can't argue with this.

This

no better than a 4 at a push.

Well you got me

>mash up all the retarded animu neckbeard cliches and jam it in one anime
and you have this garbage.

I agree that he's basically the only thing that is actually original about this show.
Like i said i don't even know if he made the show actually better since i only hate his personality, not him as a role in a fictional story.

ITT: contrarians
Give me one LEGITIMATE reason why Re:Zero is bad.

Yeah it's really hard to watch after episode 18 if you don't like Subaru's obnoxious personality.

Because it's popular

Because extensive melodrama. Everything else was SAO-tier.

This, just like SnK it was okay, but definitely not amazing and I don't understand why it's so popular.

I love Suberu's character. Not that I like him as a person at all, no, he's a down-right fucking cunt. But that's what makes him so good. Indecisive, two-faced, (trying) womanizer, exploitive, con of a man. He's not a fast learner but not prone to make much of the same mistakes. If this guy has to pull out a saving-move it'd only be out of dying so many times that it gives savescummers in Xcom a bad name.

It's like a younger DSP that just shat him into a fantasy setting.

But it is amazing.
Everywhere but Sup Forums agrees it's a top-tier masterpiece of the Isekai genre.

Everywhere but Sup Forums is fucking retarded.

Clannad had extensive melodrama yet nobody is complaining about it. And what exactly do you mean by SAO-tier? I didn't watch SAO.

It wasn't bad, it was overall good but I wouldn't say amazing, especially since it isn't finished yet. It's in a genre where authors tend to drag stuff on too long or botch the ending. If it manages to not do either of those then yes, it might be amazing. Until then it'll just be pretty good in my opinion.
Also Rem is best girl.

Daily reminder that Rem won the bowl

>Rem winning anything

Sure you buddy

Hahaha quiet

It was amazing.

Fight me faggot

Subaru. This dude ruins the entire show.

It's a 7.

It's not. It's just not particularly good either. Middle of the road. Average. That's what 5/10 is if you're not IGN.

The only two things bad I can say about it is the "I love Emilia for no reason" shit and the fact that the main plot drags painfully slow. The latter is due to exploring Return by Death, though, so I don't weigh it as heavily.

Death and gore is there. Mystery is there. World building is there. Character development and backstory is there. The art and animation aren't shit. And the music is really good. The ending was kind of bland, but it's a good spot if it never gets another season.

I'm surprised nobody has picked up its license, other than some yuropoor UK group, after how popular it was. I'm guessing it's the nip companies that are at fault?

Subaru is one of the greatest MC's of all time. People who hate Subaru don't understand the true depth and realism of his brilliant writing.

>The only two things bad I can say about it is the "I love Emilia for no reason" shit

Not a detraction, that's a key point of Subaru's character you just don't understand.

Is it that time of the day again?

The anime adaptation was absolute shit in terms of adapting the characters and plot. Everything was butchered through hell and beck except for Emilia. The ones who took it the hardest was Subaru who made him look like a fucking sperg because of the lack of internal monologues that he is known for.

Why he fell for her to begin with is easy to understand. It's everything after that. I'll assume knows what he's talking about and consider it missing information.

Digibro says it's bad

Yeah no. I love this shithole but when it comes to taste Sup Forums is actually pretty fucking terrible.

>eceleb says something is bad
>also says hyouka is bad, but never watched more than 5 episodes

I couldn't get past 2 episodes. Maybe I've grown out of anime.

>unironically watching youtube anime reviewers

>His brilliant writing
His entire motivation for 80% percent of the show was to save or impress Emilia

shitty cringe MC

For something you guys don't like you sure do love talking about it multiple times a day.

Not even that they took out all the scenes that emphasize that Subaru is just wearing a mask under all that cringe and memeflirting he does with Emilia. Then there is Priscilla telling Subaru to "drop his shitty act" that wasn't included either.

I have read quite a bit of the source material in Jap.

If anything the anime is an improvement.

Eh it a bit more than that. You later find out that his motivation involves nothing about Emilia. He just wanted to be a "hero" of an isekai story and treated everyone like some sort of set-piece and become the shining knight that will save his "silver-haired heroine" which ultimately shat in his face.

Nah the source material emphasizes just how much of a scummy human being he is, not some cringe sperglord that the anime portrayed.

What exactly is the appeal of this dogshit of an anime? Do you self-insert as the MC dying again and again and feel intense masochistic pleasure from it or something like that?

>self-insert as the MC

That's your firs mistake

Then actually liking this anime seems even stranger; it has zero appeal in terms of literally everything; whether in girls, OP/ED, plot and setting except for the opportunity to self-insert as getting killed repetitively and we both seem to agree that it's retarded. I guess that's why it's called Re:Zero

I wish the MC was Rance or Joseph Joestar

Not him but that's why fans of the series call the anime shit

It's not missing information.

Why do you think people kept saying the anime absolutely butchered so many things for the sake of pacing? The end-product felt rushed and there is no denying that.

Its not even pacing but its because they wanted to give the anime a "happy ending" and ship it off as a complete package. If we ever get a season 2 of the anime which dear god I hope we don't because of the absolute cancer that it brings they will have to backpetal a ton of things or pretend the first season never happened.

>waaahhh muh novels dialogues are incomplete!!11! shit adaptation!! need more episodes waahhh

Not this shit again. Everything in Re:Zero whether in anime or written form is simply trash that I'd rather watch/read Blog Horizon.

t. Someone who hasn't read it in written form

Exactly. And given how most of his character arc seemsto have been dealt with during this season, it really makes me wonder how the author plans on keeping things interesting and fresh beyond tip-toeing around the mystery of the Witch of Envy and throwing more Bishops at the main cast.

That's why I'm afraid the worst thing that could've happened to the story is having Subaru brush off his depression and turning into a typical big damn nerdy hero after getting a few words of encouragement instead of steadily working his way towards recovery.

This is actually something I would partially blame Rem for, since she just responds to Subaru's scathing self-examination by throwing her own idealized version of him in his face instead of reminding him that he's just one human amongst many others with his own flaws and qualities, and that he shouldn't feel like he's a piece garbo just because he isn't the grand hero he wanted to be when first entering this world, much in the vein of what he said to her near the end of the mansion arc.
I mean, I know there's an in universe for her never considering herself to be on equal footing with anyone in her life, but it doesn't make the whole resolution of Subaru's trauma feel any less cheap (and her suggestiong to erase everything and "start from zero" any less inappropriate).

After that it became increasingly hard for me to care about whatever happened for the remainder of the White Whale arc. I still like the show mind you, but to me episode 18 or rather its second half was one big misstep.

>exi-

Fuck
off
reddit

>throwing her own idealized version of him in his face instead of reminding him that he's just one human amongst many others with his own flaws and qualities

I can see how the anime might send that message but "From Zero" is literally the opposite of that. But that's what happens when you also butcher Rem's character too I guess. If you want to see the girl who gives him the most shit in the series its Rem.

>steadily working his way towards recovery

There was a time-skip during this actually.

It still amazes me that people can't understand that he acts like an autist because the dude legit has ptsd and keeps getting killed and everything he does fails.

they are invested due to the time spend watching the anime. Even the one's who hated it are invested in other shows which they feel are insulted by re zero being put next them in terms of praise. The investment stacks as they argue more and more.

Re zero revealed to me a lot about how people who review anime really dont know what they are doing. Of all the reviews the only one that mentioned on something as central to re zero as the theory crafting was Riyogaa

If you want to understand what watching re zero was like to a person who would give it a 10/10 I recommend this video
youtube.com/watch?v=-0Z8fQMXtpM (if you are gonna watch just put it 1.5-2x speed).
It makes you sound much more "deep" when you bullshit about muh themes and character development. They were there but no way you would have made it through the first arc if that was all the show had.

Also the soundtrack is a big fucking deal, that reviewers always treat as an afterthought because they dont have a clue as to how to analyze them and talk for 2 hours about them to sound like a deepfaggot.

>Not Konosuba
>Or Asu no Yoichi for non-bait purposes

Subaru's autism (and certain moments of his VA) is depressingly the only thing that stands out in this story.

>Didn't include that Crusch is basically a widow
>Shortened literal chapters worth of political speeches, negotiations and monolouge to just an entire sentence
>They made Subaru look like a sperg instead of a heavily flawed human being
>They didn't include Subaru's monolouges
>Entire months of development and SOL gets cut out
>They didn't show how Subaru got his shit together making him inconsistent and only showing the aftermath which is him negotiating with Crusch
>They don't even show Subaru's through processes at all through the entire story
>Didn't show the Satella visions
>Didn't show that Al is also from another world
>Didn't show that Rem was supposed to be dead and Ram is supposed to be the only Oni in existence
>Made Rem as "safe" as possible by not showing how she is equally as flawed as Subaru not to mention how she is one of the few characters that gives him a ton shit and criticisms despite having fallen for him
>Made Subaru's relationship with Rem as "safe" as possible by not showing those two idiots do stupid shit and smacking each other upside the head to correct each other.

Not to mention that they botched the ending because they wanted a "happy ending" which is not the tone neither is it the central theme of the series revolving around "tragedy". Plus many other things. By no means was the anime an improvement. You can straight up fuck off with that shit.

The anime was not an improvement for what it did to the narrative but for adding visuals voice acting and music to support and increase the impact of the narrative.

I will also add to your list the heavy skipping of how Subaru fixed stuff in episode 24 and made up with Julious. I never read LN of that part so it may be just as bad but I doubt it. episode 24 was in my opinion the worst of the entire show.

One of the best anime's I've seen, despite whitefox fucking up the source material.
In the event it gets a season 2 I hope they can fix it.

But if code geass gets a r3 despite having a concluding ending I think re:zero definitely deserves s2.

Subaru is loyal as fuck though.

How often do you read/watch an isekai where hte MC isn't a two-timing douchebag? The only other series where the MC is loyal to his waifu that I know is Arifureta.

At the very least Subaru is way better than Rudi. That one is a creepy motherfucker.

You are mistaken

Except when he saves everyone because everything worked, due to him redoing everything so many times.

I'm surprised he even cares when people die since he can redo everything until he gets the result he wants.

>I'm surprised he even cares when people die since he can redo everything until he gets the result he wants.

He actually can't. What is lost cannot be regained. That's literally what he tried doing in the second arc. You cannot gain back genuine experiences and interactions from lost loops. Knowing new information causes a butterfly effect.

Because you try to act it's good when it's not

Subaru is cringe

>Except when he saves everyone because everything worked, due to him redoing everything so many times.

Except he doesn't he lost Rem. Even killing himself to try and reset it, Satella is a bitch.

>I'm surprised he even cares when people die since he can redo everything until he gets the result he wants.

pastebin.com/3srCpNgB

Re:Zero isn't good.

Why is it that there is always a really dedicated group of people who shits on this series specifically? Just what is so special about Re:Zero that warrants this amount of attention?

Because it's still cool to talk about it i guess?

Because you shits not only hype it up as the greatest shit ever, you faggot leave your containment zones to fag up every o there series that's in any way shape or form somewhat similar to this shitshow of a series.

However it is possible to create almost identical results or even improve them.

>Except he doesn't he lost Rem. Even killing himself to try and reset it, Satella is a bitch.

Until he kills the Sin Bishop and she returns to normal.

>Reddit:Zero
I wish this meme would die. I'd take the Umaru threads over this dried dog poop.

middle of the road plot
middle of the road character writing
middle of the road animation
middle of the road waifus
bretty gud!

>Because you shits not only hype it up as the greatest shit ever

Clearly with the amount of actual fans who call the anime shit and have criticisms of thier own about this series.

>you faggot leave your containment zones to fag up every o there series that's in any way shape or form

That sounds like you bucko, I have yet to see anything "spill" over. All I've been constantly seeing is shitposting threads with the same image macro all the damn time which are all coming from one or two people.

Rem was waifu bait. Didnt help that her character was botched due to time skips and uneven pacing. The mansion arc took half the season, but the whale was just a couple episodes. Pacing was bad, side characters came off as shallow because they didnt have enough screentime, and the smile scenes were over dramatic with rem, emilia, and the birds out of fucking no where. That being said, this was still my favorite aots. Subaru was such a piece of shit, it was refreshing. Not to mention how well explored his character was compared to other anime.

>Hyouka
>good
top kek m8

>Until he kills the Sin Bishop and she returns to normal.

Do you actually think its that easy? Even Puck says its not that simple. If anything she might end up like Theresia and Subaru being forced to kill the woman he loves.

>However it is possible to create almost identical results or even improve them.

There is an AU for that, it doesn't end well. Plus you cannot experience things for the first time that you've already experienced. Imagine if Subaru had to loop back to when Rem fixed and confessed to him. Can you replicate or near-replicate that? Do you want to needlessly sacrifice that? Can you make that loop better?

>However it is possible to create almost identical results or even improve them

I have a youtube video just for that

youtube.com/watch?v=EE7kTvi5LyA

>he doesn't understand the basics of shitposting
Re:zero has a huge fanbase, thus it's easy to get replies.

So are a ton of other anime that would get even more replies. If you want to target a huge fanbase just shit on some shounenshit or something. If you really wanna piss people off start shitting on Flip Flappers

>the "I love Emilia for no reason"
That was showing how immature he was and his love was initially just I love her because this world is my special story and she's the damsel in distress that I am going to win.

Like Rei vs Asuka?

there was a thread deleted like five minutes ago of these girls and i needed to fap so badly, but i'm at the shop with my mother. currently downloading it right now. should i read some of the manga? are the girls pure?

>Perfect
>5/10

>are the girls pure?

No

>should i read some of the manga?

Depends, emotional investment can sometimes ruin sessions

>fap so badly, but i'm at the shop with my mother

The fuck is wrong with you

what do you mean? i DIDN'T fap

girls aren't pure? what do you mean? give few examples

Depends on your definition of "pure" since the only girl in the series that you can say for sure is pure is Emilia. Except she literally had the mental age of a 13 year old in a 17 year old body.

Generic harem characters
Completely unexplained plot points ("b-but it's world building!)
Inexplicable, bad character development
Shit pacing for the last 2/3rds
muh QUALITY animation

The only people who praise this show are MAL/reddit FotM anime watchers, it's objectively bad storytelling. It did nothing original. I don't even know where you retard shit posters are pulling the deconstruction meme from, but it's not that either. 3/10 and all 3 points come from Beatrice.