/ourguy/

What have you done with your life?

msn.com/en-us/news/technology/this-man-is-about-to-launch-himself-in-his-homemade-rocket-to-prove-the-earth-is-flat/ar-BBFs6N8?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault's_Pendulum
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum
youtu.be/h8Ud4eonla8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He must be rich and not a millennial.

Well I hope he doesn't get hurt. How do flat earthers explain things dipping under a flat horizon?

But I don't wanna die in a stupid way

You mean the ones that still live with mom dad who don't work?

Or the ones who work and live in apartments?

How do we know the Jews aren't up there in space waiting for him and how do we know they aren't going to intercept his rocket, replace all the footage in his cameras with dummy footage doctored with a fish eye lense, eat him and replace him with a reptillian wearing his skin that just acts like him?

all the other people who think the same will just say he is in on it.

Fucking this. It's a proven fact the earth is flat. This is (((controlled))) opposition to discredit us.

Fuckin spherecucks

They don't dip. They just become so small you can't see them

Sage in all fields. Anyone who believes in a flat Earth has never taken a plane ride of the ocean. Your fucking retards.

Darwin of the Millennium award coming up.

Exactly what I was thinking. Is he gonna stream the launch?

F

What could go wrong?

>Gets (((accidentally))) shot by thugs hours before he flies off

>implying the FBI wont get to him incase he actually succeeds.

The flat earth can't be revealed so I expect them to shoot him down if he succeeds.

As much as I doubt flat earthers claims I commend this guy for what he is doing and and curious to hear his results

Nah they would most likely just sabotage the launch

Water vapor in air is denser closer to earth surfaces. Over great distances it gets so thick that if gives the illusion of objects disappearing.
t: ironic flat Earther

>There are people who actually think the earth is flat.

Someone should really show him this before he kills himself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault's_Pendulum

The earth is a goddamned spheroid.

The La Li Lu Le Lo were right.

Wait fuck
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum

why is it when there is a duplicate its the same post count. USE THE CATALOG converge like adults

Whites are amazing. The stupid rual redneck ones can make rockets.

>A Foucault pendulum requires care to set up because imprecise construction can cause additional veering which masks the terrestrial effect. The initial launch of the pendulum is critical

Make sure you set it up right goy, otherwise you get the wrong results! You get the right results from a round earth therefore the earth is round beca7se the pendulum said so.

mfw he was one of (((them))) all along. how else would he get the money and approval for this sort of project

put it in a hollow cone with no external wind input and drop it from an electromagnet or solenoid or a burnt-through string or anything that doesn't add even the slightest angular momentum to it. If you start with a nonzero angular momentum, the precession will be impacted by that. Remove all sources of angular momentum and then the only remaining precession is caused by the rotation of the earth. It will be zero at the equator, and will precess in iopposite directions in the north and south hemispheres, and will precess more as you go to higher latitudes.

There's zero chance that this rocket is going to go very far up.

The design is all wrong.

I sense an explosion in his future. Better to do it, stream it, then deal with the consequences after.

He will prove that people believe in flat earth all over the globe.

>if you don't believe what I've been told you're a heathen!
t. st bill nye

Right you know it works when it tells you the earth is round, if it tells you other wise it's wrong, keep trying until you get the right answer

steam rockets have good specific impulse, right?

lol

>With astrophysics group at leading university
>See this shit
>Want to die.

I'm a rocket scientist and what is this?

We literally had this thread 10 minutes ago with everyone laughing at flat-earthers.
This is some trash-level shitposting.

Nah just remove external torque inputs and start the system at an omega-value of zero. Remove uncontrolled variables and the same result always emerges. You can do it yourself. Build a very rigid structure to hold a straight thread in tension, pull the pendulum back and tie it to the frame so it let it settle for a few minutes and then release it by burning the string that is holding it back. It will precess as predicted by any round-ish earth model.

>feeding the trolls

the article says it's only gonna launch him 1800 feet in the air, good luck seeing any curvature from that height. i've been in an airplane and those fly at 30,000+ feet and you still cant see any curvature. i think this guy is just trying to kill himself in the most awesome way possible

>mfw thought von Braun and the Nazis didn't get us to space

Come on it'll be funny.

Why do you faggots post mfw without posting anything? Do you even know what mfw means?

>You can do it yourself.

Build a 90 meter cone, goy. Mr. Goldberg can sell you materials.

I guess a go pro on a balloon would open him up to the government grabbing it with an airplane with a hook, having a team fake the footage, load it on his camera, and all do it unseen.... just to hide the secret truth that the earth is flat.

>spend all that time and energy making a rocket
>put your life in danger for such a stupid thing
>could have just made a much smaller rocket and attached cameras to it

He'll be denied the permits that'll allow him to do this

It'll work pretty well with a 90cm cone, you don't need a 90m one. Making it larger just minimizes the fractional size of any errors and maximizes the integration time. If you're cool with restarting the pendulum every day and being within a few milliradians per day of error then a small one is fine. And I'm pretty sure nobody who believes the Earth is flat even has the mathematical or physical knowledge to derive the theoretical value of the precession anyway so who cares about precision, all you need to know is it will rotate one way in the southern hemisphere and the other way in the northern hemisphere, and that the rotation is dependent on latitude. It is inescapable that the earth is not flat if those are true, even if you don't have the maths or precision to know exactly what shape it is. Not so much proving that it is round as disproving that it is flat.

The problem with go-pros on balloons is that lenses make straight lines non-straight. You want a go-pro with a balloon and a reference flat for the horizon in the same shot. Nobody ever does that. Really, viewing curvature directly is a pretty crap idea, because the earth is so big that flat is a reasonable approximation over pretty much any reasonable viewing lengths.

I'm sure it's just a Jewish trick. Look who wrote the article, for Christ's sake. He's going to fly up in his rocket, come back down, claim he saw the curvature of the Earth, and then apologize for challenging (((scientific concensus))). Don't fall for this shit.

>Don't worry about the math, just trust me.

Sounds convincing, I'm ready to believe you user

newfag

Red Ice had good coverage at FEIC

youtu.be/h8Ud4eonla8

This thread was posted first.

Lurk moar.

>Man flies rocket
>Rocket crashes into major city
>Nuke goes off
>Flat Earth doctrine becomes illegal.